Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Plymouth Argyle 1-4 Walsall

B.WESLEY 22

S.CORCHIA 49

S.KEHL 64

P.MICHU 68

M.DEMBÉLÉ 85

Walsall have now won 5 games in a row after beating Plymouth Argyle setting a new club record.

An early red for the home side made a tough task impossible as my in form Walsall side set a new club record with 5 league wins on the spin. Really hoping we can keep the good form up and have a good crack at the play offs. Next up we welcome Shrewsbury to Banks's Stadium.

Zvonko Zanko steered Preston North End to victory against Exeter City.

Preston North End beat Exeter City 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Hazard scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Umtiti and Heitinga were also amongst the goalscorers.

Good win for us.

Umtiti rose to 86 :D

Lol ' date=' I still have every chance of the top 4 :)

Just found out its mo I will have to face , Im distraught as anytime im close to glory its him that stops me every time :( My confidence is very low :([/quote']

seeing how inconsistent we've been this year, I'm sure you'll have no problem getting past my team :(

We played a pretty good game against Charlton Athletic, were up 2-0 until 85th minute when they scored a consolation goal through Negrado. GG man, hard luck on the loss considering you won posession and SOT.

Can't remember the last time Berbatov scored a goal for the team; he takes so many shots but puts almost none away. Almeida has been far more productive with far less playing time, but I don't remember him being that great of a starter.

#strikerproblems

Bristol City 5 - :( Wolverhampton Wanderers

They had 54% possession, we had 46%. They had total 10 shots of which 8 were on target, we had total 13 shots of which 5 were on target.

Still can't understand how we lost by such a margin:confused:.

I see Liverpool in my future...

predictionsball.jpg

Got Jooles Boro in the semi's' date=' will be hard as it is all Boro got left to play for so I am sure they will go all out for it, Gomez,Rooney,Pepe and Ribery will be back for the first leg so our attacking options will definitely be strengthened.[/quote']Yeah, well will Liverpool even have anything to play for come the end of the season fella? Lose this one and your season could be well over before Boro's ;)

And after a meaningless 2-2 draw with Spurs Boro all of a sudden have a rather large say in the exciting Div 1 title race. Our 6 games see us playing 2nd place Loserpool 3 times (including the last league game!), 6th place Everton, 3rd place Huddersfield & 1st place Man Utd B)

picture14ic.png

Who's your money on folks? :D

EDIT: Oh, and liking this article :D "De Gea faces shut-out by Anders"

Liverpool claw back a point against Chelsea with 2 goals in last 12 minutes to square the game 2-2, we missed a penalty in the 80th minute and looked to be heading for defeat until kung-fu De Jong levelled it.

Man United were beaten by Everton so it has tightened up for the last 4 games with now only 6 points separating top 6.

We have a hard run-in with Man City, Spurs, Everton & Boro left to play in the league.

Chesterfield 1 Brighton and Hove Albion 3

Our second loss on the trot confines Chesterfield to end any shock promotion hopes this season. Heskey fired in a powerful header, Okazaki and Naismith made sure the result was going to the seagulls with a goal for each. New boy Jeffren scored off the bench to give a glimmer of hope to the Spirites but it wasn't to be.

Rodallega came in for the suspended/injured Paloschi and didn't help his cause by having an anonymous performance and a red card to go along with it.

Although our promotion push is effectively over, we still aim to improve on last season's finish of 13th, i think that it's an achievable goal.

Roman EREMENKO has been sent back to Liverpool by Chesterfield.

Eremenko's time at Chesterfield this season has come to an end. I would like to thank the Liverpool manager for helping my team when there was an injury crisis and in the subsequent promotion bid. He made a real impression on the Chesterfield faithful by scoring 3 goals in his first 2 appearance for the club since then he has given solid performances

Next up is Burton Albion

Yeah' date=' well will Liverpool even have anything to play for come the end of the season fella? Lose this one and your season could be well over before Boro's ;)

[center']picture14ic.png[/center]

We are just 2 points off the top with a better goal difference than the leaders with 4 games to play, yes my season definitely looks over before yours :rolleyes:

Here is a reminder of how your season has went in case it has slipped you mind :)

bott.jpg

Peterborough United 1 - 2 Watford

A defeat to 3rd placed Watford, after getting a point against the leaders. Next up 2nd placed Southampton :eek:

4 games to play and we're in the playoff places by 1 point.

I'm never confident with this team, but it looks like it will go to the wire. A point against Watford would be great, even though we would probably drop out of the top 6.

Cant hide my disappointment with County. Yet another loss leaves us only 1 point ahead in first only a few turns after being 9 points ahead. So many more games to go, and we just arent getting a win atm. On the way we're going, it looks definite that we will be out of the top 2 by the end of the season. We've only been out of the top 2 once this season, il be so annoyed if we throw it away.

We are just 2 points off the top with a better goal difference than the leaders with 4 games to play' date=' yes my season definitely looks over before yours :rolleyes:

[center']

bott.jpg[/center]

Yeah, but that's my point, if you lose in the SMFA Shield semi and blow the title race who ends up with silverware. All your huffing and puffing and you could end up with nothing. Pressure on mate, hope you don't blow it ;)

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against Manchester United.

Everton beat Manchester United 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Zanetti had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Fletcher was on the scoresheet for his side.

Delighted with the result, all this without Suarez and Ramires to boot! Admittadley though my boys always seem to do well against United in recent seasons :P

Looking at the race for the title it could literally be any of the top 6 at the moment, me personally id settle for nabbing a place in the top 4. Hopefully with Suarez back in the team he can help me with that.. then again ive got an awful looking fixture list so i should just settle for top 10 and as high as i can go, but you never know! stranger things have happened :)

Anyone here interested with Bilyaletdinov,Babel,and Sculli

All of them has reached high level of concerns and i want sell them. While all of them are not best names around,they are still solid 88 who'll do decent job at SM. Plus,if you buy them now you won't find tougher competition unlike if you want to buy them when they reached level 5

I'll accept cash or P/E as long as it's not insulting

A couple of promising youngsters just added to 7046s number 1 goalkeeping academy :)

Free Agent Dean BOUZANIS has completed his move to Middlesbrough for 505,000

Matthew RYAN has completed his move to Middlesbrough from Central Coast Mariners for 2,350,000 plus Juan CAVALLARO and Nascimento MARCELINHO

And welcome back Dave. I always knew you'd end up this season within touching distance of the playoffs :P

Oh, end of season awards anyone?

I see Liverpool in my future...

predictionsball.jpg

Yeah' date=' well will Liverpool even have anything to play for come the end of the season fella? Lose this one and your season could be well over before Boro's ;)

And after a meaningless 2-2 draw with Spurs Boro all of a sudden have a rather large say in the exciting Div 1 title race. Our 6 games see us playing 2nd place Loserpool 3 times (including the last league game!), 6th place Everton, 3rd place Huddersfield & 1st place Man Utd B)

[center']picture14ic.png[/center]

Who's your money on folks? :D

EDIT: Oh, and liking this article :D "De Gea faces shut-out by Anders"

Good game Jooles, well done on the point! Also, welcome back Dave :)

This friendly tournament still rocking?
Sadly, it appears not. Well, kinda. It was left in Mo's capable hands. How's that coming along Mo? :)

Winner Stays On results so far:

Boro 3 - 2 Leyton Orient

Boro 1 - 0 Fulham

Boro 3 - 0 Accrington

Boro 1 - 0 Charlton

Boro 0 - 2 Northampton

Northampton 0 - 1 Forest

Forest 2 - 1 Preston

Next up are:

1) Swansea

2) Man City

As I said before, can the winner be responsible for posting the schedule so this thing runs itself and keeps bouncing along nicely? #selfpolicingdesired :)

EDIT: Oooh, and see that Aldershot is about to come free. Is Balotelli finally set to be liberated?!!! :eek:

Sadly' date=' it appears not. Well, kinda. It was left in Mo's capable hands. How's that coming along Mo? :)

Boro 3 - 2 Leyton Orient

Boro 1 - 0 Fulham

Boro 3 - 0 Accrington

Boro 1 - 0 Charlton

Boro 0 - 2 Northampton

Northampton 0 - 1 Forest

Forest 2 - 1 Preston

Next up are:

1) Swansea

2) Man City

As I said before, can the winner be responsible for posting the schedule so this thing runs itself and keeps bouncing along nicely? #selfpolicingdesired :)

EDIT: Oooh, and see that Aldershot is about to come free. Is Balotelli finally set to be liberated?!!! :eek:[/quote']

Hope you aren't happy because another manager who's here from the start is almost to quit.

Sadly' date=' it appears not. Well, kinda. It was left in Mo's capable hands. How's that coming along Mo? :)

Boro 3 - 2 Leyton Orient

Boro 1 - 0 Fulham

Boro 3 - 0 Accrington

Boro 1 - 0 Charlton

Boro 0 - 2 Northampton

Northampton 0 - 1 Forest

Forest 2 - 1 Preston

Next up are:

1) Swansea

2) Man City

EDIT: Oooh, and see that Aldershot is about to come free. Is Balotelli finally set to be liberated?!!! :eek:[/quote']

Well i'll be on most of the day tomorrow, so if Mo can post up some rules i'll have no problems.

Well i'll be on most of the day tomorrow' date=' so if Mo can post up some rules i'll have no problems.[/quote']Your call on the rules fella. Just post them and Mo will confirm. Anything goes :)
Hope you aren't happy because another manager who's here from the start is almost to quit.
Not at all, why would I be? :confused: More sad that all the usual vultures will likely try and prey on a NOOB at Aldershot :(