English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Tranmere Rovers 2-0 Accrington Stanley

With the title already confirmed the home side made 9 changes for this game, the average rating dropped to 82 from the strongest 88, the duo who were the goalscorers Charlie Adam and Alex Oxlade Chamberlain were the two players who kept their places in the starting XI, this meant goalkeeper Alex Mccarthy made his debut and it was the first game he has ever played in this GW, a clean sheet aswell!

It was a bit of a pointless game to us really but might aswell go out to try win it to keep the lead good, 15 games unbeaten now, hopefully we will win at Dagenham & Redbridge on the final day which will make it 16 games unbeaten.:)

Bournemouth win 2-0 tonight to secure Promotion to Division 3.

Add that to our magnificent English Cup win and its been an outstanding season for my lads. Division 3 here we come :D

Congratulations on promotion, hoped you might have dropped points and we could have gone to the last day but at least this way I can rest some players for the play-offs!

Must be D4 manager of the year easily and on the short-list for 7046 manager of the year :)

Congratulations on promotion' date=' hoped you might have dropped points and we could have gone to the last day but at least this way I can rest some players for the play-offs!

Must be D4 manager of the year easily and on the short-list for 7046 manager of the year :)[/quote']

Thanks mate :)

We followed up a highly impressive win over Man City with a terrible disappointing lost to Tottenham. No idea whether to rock this tactic vs Fulham now...

Also looks like we'll be missing out on SMFA football next year, we'd have to win with greater goal differential than Sheffield to make it. Unlikely since we've facing Everton...

Dagenham drew 1-1 at Wycombe last night and slip to 14th.Last game against champions Tranmere,a win would be a boost for next season when we will hopefully make a strong bid for promotion.Congrats to Bournemouth who eventually made promotion after a mighty bad run towards the end of the season.

After sitting at the top of the table for the majority of the season, we find ourselves in third, with the worst goal difference out of the top 3. Anyone who sees the run of form that we have had in the last 10ish games will show you what an awful position this is. To make it worse, we play second placed Watford. If they draw or win, then they get promoted. If they lose to us, then we will nick that second, or even first spot. Southampton are pretty much promoted. Hopefully, we can find that motivation we did earlier in the season to go all guns blazing. Doesnt help that we have Lens out of action though.

If we dont get promoted, then it will be down to the play-offs - Which im awful at. So many strong teams in the play-offs, it would be miraculous if we can get promoted through them.

Whatever the case, this season has been remarkable for us. The prior season was our first in this division after the promotion and we just missed out on relegation in the last game. I would like to think that I have improved the team, shifting on Giroud and Sandro etc to make way for more quality. I did say at the start of the season that I was aiming for a mid-table finish without pressure of relegation and its clear to see that we have managed it. Fingers crossed though that we manage to get the 3 points against Watford! :D

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against fierce rivals Liverpool in the Merseyside Derby.

Everton beat Liverpool 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Ramires had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Suarez was on the scoresheet for his side.

As i had nothing left to play for as previous stated i decided trying to ruin somebody else's season would be just as good, so who better than my teams fiercest rivals on our home patch handing the title effectively to United.. couldnt write that stuff :P hard luck Dan mate! Couldve gone either way to be fair.

In the spirit of trying to ruin peoples seasons up next i face Forest who need a win and some other results to go their way to squeak into the top 10.. being the nice guy that i am i'll try and crush that dream for them. Merry christmas ;)

Northampton Major Youth Clear out!

VRSALJKO' date=' Šime

HAIDARA, Massadio

MALANDA, Bernard

KONATÉ, Moussa

DIALLO, Sadio

Emre COLAK

Abdelazziz BARRADA

All the above along with a few others can go for cash! I'd also be willing to use these players in P/E.

Get in touch!

Added two more to the list. Some real top talent there, but theres only so much 1 club can handle, i would happily trade all these for even 1 player - if the player was worth it. GET IN TOUCH.

Stockport 2-1 Chesterfield

The Brazilians do the buiseness once again. Stockport took the lead through Carlinhos' date=' but were quickly pegged back by Rodallega. Subisutute Jo set up the winner which was converted by Barbosa.

Third win in a row moves us up to 12th. Pretty happy howw the season has been, only been in the last 1/3. Started off 18th and miles behind the rest. Next season play-offs look achievable if we continue this form :)[/center']

Congrats MaoaM, well deserved win. A season of horrible slides of form, for every 2-3 games of good form, we have 5-6 games of bad games. Looking ahead to the new season with hopeful improvement

Hull City 0 - 1 Peterborough United

Got the win that confirms our participation in the play-offs.

It's the second year in a row, but as usual I'm not too confident. I have a pretty awful team that I can get to over-perform during the season, but I think the play-offs are one step too far.

I would like to avoid defeat in the final league game of the season as that would confirm 5th place (again for the second season in a row).

If I was in charge of any other team other than Peterborough (I hate Posh IRL) I would make alot more effort than I do currently. But then, I guess, it wouldn't be very fair on everyone else :P

Must admit' date=' was tempted,

Shrewsbury Town have made an offer to Accrington Stanley to swap Alan HUTTON for Wilfried BONY .:rolleyes:[/quote']

Lol obviously sees the impending -1/-2 in Hutton's near future and is desperate to get rid as offered him to me in a straight swap for...Ciro Immobile!

Either that or they genuinely think those are good offers :o

Ive taken on the West Ham Job, shame to leave Blackpool, but i think that the squad is much better shape than when i arrived and I think we might have made the palyoffs next season with a few loans added, so hofully someone takes them on and does well, looking forward to next season with West Ham, great squad, well done to the last manager:D

Ive taken on the West Ham Job' date=' shame to leave Blackpool, but i think that the squad is much better shape than when i arrived and I think we might have made the palyoffs next season with a few loans added, so hofully someone takes them on and does well, looking forward to next season with West Ham, great squad, well done to the last manager:D[/quote']

West Ham have never been the same since Infernito quit (though Sean did pretty well), that Mahya 9Sang was rubbish and the last manager was about as friendly as a dead fish.

Good luck with the side fella, i'm sure you'll do well and i'll see you in Division 1 providing you survive the last game....!

West Ham have never been the same since Infernito quit (though Sean did pretty well)' date=' that Mahya 9Sang was rubbish and the last manager was about as friendly as a dead fish.

Good luck with the side fella, i'm sure you'll do well and i'll see you in Division 1 providing you survive the last game....![/font']

Taylor is a dead fish aswell..If you wanna talk bout deals he'll always say: ''Not for sale''.You can ask for Heskey and he'll still say that he isn't for sale.

I still like Taylor anyway.

Taylor is a dead fish aswell..If you wanna talk bout deals he'll always say: ''Not for sale''.You can ask for Heskey and he'll still say that he isn't for sale.

I still like Taylor anyway.

Now now! I'd maybe consider an offer on Heskey......if he was mine

But will consider offers on the following

Tim Cahill

Huddlestone

Van Buyten

Malouda

Onyewu

Rochdale will be looking for a decent GK and CB/RB on loan for next season if anyone is willing to part.

looking for 88+ if possible.........these guys will see alot of game time in the league and hopefully give the Dale that little bit extra to perform this season ;)

Now now! I'd maybe consider an offer on Heskey......if he was mine

But will consider offers on the following

Tim Cahill

Huddlestone

Van Buyten

Malouda

Onyewu

I'd say you'll do more than consider offers for those lads. All dead-wood and droppers. :P

Rochdale will be looking for a decent GK and CB/RB for next season if anyone is willing to part.

looking for 88+ if possible.........these guys will see alot of game time in the league and hopefully give the Dale that little bit extra to perform this season ;)

Asmir Begovic? You'll have to pay through the nose to get him mind.