English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Decent point against Dan's Liverpool tonight, pleased to get something out of the game, we seem to have had some of the tougher teams in the league back to back so far. Will need a win against Stoke midweek to get us going though.

Barnsley make it 4 wins from 5 with a hard fought 2-1 win away at Bournemouth. Arnautovic and Pienaar got the goals with Odemwingie making it a tense final 23 minutes but we held on.

Delighted with our start to the season sitting never expected us to be 3rd in the league.

Have a friendly fixture tomorrow with the only team to beat me so far Walsall.

Sheffield Wednesday 0-2 Tranmere Rovers

Holosko 52

Oxlade Chamberlain 60

Tranmere won the game at Sheffield Wednesday tonight.

Filip Holosko bent a free kick around the wall six minutes after the break to put us in front, eight minutes later Oxlade Chamberlain stepped up and took a free kick and his shot went straight through the wall into the back of the net.

10 points from the first 5 games in Div 3, (W3, D1, L1) an in 5th place.

Home to Walsall next. :D

Now Newcastle have a manager again its been possible to deal with them and Carlisle have agreed a deal to sign Andre Schurrle for Miralem Pjanic and 9 million, followed by Leandro Bittencourt swapping with Ignacio Camacho.

First time I've dealt with Mark but pleasure dealing with him, top bloke.

Now Newcastle have a manager again its been possible to deal with them and Carlisle have agreed a deal to sign Andre Schurrle for Miralem Pjanic and 9 million' date=' followed by Leandro Bittencourt swapping with Ignacio Camacho.

[b']First time I've dealt with Mark but pleasure dealing with him, top bloke.[/b]

Seconded.

Quick easy negotiations. Lewandowski and Pastore will be heading to Newcastle - whilst Benzema will be arriving at Man City.

Lost 3-1 to Bristol City tonight. Good game mate

Need to change my formation asap:o

Now Newcastle have a manager again its been possible to deal with them and Carlisle have agreed a deal to sign Andre Schurrle for Miralem Pjanic and 9 million' date=' followed by Leandro Bittencourt swapping with Ignacio Camacho.

First time I've dealt with Mark but pleasure dealing with him, top bloke. [/font']

How you managed that I don't know, awesome deal for youl fair play.

In other news Swansea once again only managed a draw, 1-1 against Reading. Tabanou with the goal.

Burnley 1 Bury 1

Felt like we could have won the game . ..

But a point is not bad and remain in 5th place in division 2

Thanks for the game Burnley manager . . .

This season in division 2 could be really interesting. . .I can see it changing on a weekly basis . . .

A pretty good 3-0 home win against Tottenham with the goals from AlmightyDelPiero' date=' Radja Nainggolan and Borja Valero.

Unlucky Ben :)

We are top of the table by now with 13 points from 5 games, and still unbeaten. :)[/quote']

Just wasn't our day, but you deserved all three points by a mile. Good game, well done mate :)

It's also pretty typical that Man City will have signed a 94 rated forward just before we play each other :P

Stockport 2-2 Rotherham

Stockport came from behind twice to secure a point against Rotherham. Diouf scored our first equliaser, and our main man Welliton scored the second equliaser in the 88th minute.

Stockport drop to 14th, but still early days

Stockport sign Julio Cesar!!

juliocesar.jpg

Stockport are delighted to announce the signing of another Brazilian player, this one being the most high profile signing so far. Julio Cesar was renowned as one of the best keepers in the world just a few seasons ago, and has still proven his quality since joing QPR in the summer.

"I am aware that in the long term Cesars rating will drop, however he is still a massive addition to this club. I hope we can bring some more Brazilians of his calibre to the club in the future".

-Marc Spicer.

Julio Cesar joins from Hartlepool for a fee of £8.4million, and is likely to sign a 3 year contract worth £50,000 a week.

The offer for Júlio CESAR of Hartlepool United from Stockport County has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

As the club is now out of budget, I am looking to sell the young Porto keeper Kadu (75) and Baumgartlinger (87) who recently got a +2, so I can invest in some risers.

Another loss for Bournemouth last night leaves us with just 2 points so far this season. Glad to see the Spanish changes have started as i have a lot of money to come in from them, desperate to bring in a few players. Also made a change to the system, hopefully results will pick up :P

The bad run continues for Dagenham as we suffer a 5th straight defeat' date='this time 4-2 at home to Chesterfield.Looking on the bright side,we can still finish on 99 points.[/quote']

Dagenham 2 Chesterfield 4

Chesterfield condemned Dagenham to their fifth consecutive loss, good game mate, your results will pick up soon :)

Hugo Rodallega grabbed a brace while Captain Mykhalyk and Antonelli got themselves a goal as well. I thought that Dagenham played the better football and had the better chances in the first 15 minutes but Mykhalyk grabbed a goal against the run of play, Andy Johnson quickly equalized but goals from Rodallega and Antonelli widened the gap however Tetty made it a nervous final 10 minutes but Rodallega headed another goal to get us the win.

Unfortunately Douglao and Antonelli picked up minor knocks and will probably be out for the next match.

In a rare bit of rating news:

Matic 86 -> 88 (this a huge boost to my team's first XI and hope it gives us an extra ammunition for a possible promotion push this season)

I was surprised at the jump to 88 but also delighted, I thought that he would rise to 87 but now he is one of the highest rated players in my team.

Great business for little Chesterfield who exchanged a 19 year old 82 rated player and his wages will be that of a 86 rated player. Now if he can produce on the pitch, this could possibly be my best transfer dealing at the club.

Decent point against Dan's Liverpool tonight' date=' pleased to get something out of the game, we seem to have had some of the tougher teams in the league back to back so far. Will need a win against Stoke midweek to get us going though. [/font']

The way my luck has been going I was expecting a defeat,I thought you had won it when in 83 minutes at 2-2:

The ball catches MARCELO on the hand inside the penalty area.

The referee awards the spot-kick to Carlisle United.

Red Card - The referee shows a second yellow card to MARCELO and he's off for an early bath.

Luuk DE JONG tries to blast it down the middle.

It's saved well by NEUER!

Good game Ant,.

Sorry' date=' Shack, like taking candy from a baby :P

For what it's worth I only won because I didn't watch it on the score center. I suggest none of you watch the game there and then you will all win ;)[/quote']

Bloomin ell' :P good game pal!

My record against you is almost as disasterous as Dom's is against me ;)

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Walsall 1-1 Peterborough

O.ROMEU 3

M.DEMBÉLÉ 38

Hard fought point and a fair result going off the stats. Set up a friendly for tomorrow night with Barnsley where I intend to try a more attacking system. I adapted a defensive formation with Walsall but as my team has gotten better I now feel like I have the players to be taking the game to the opposition rather than sitting back and trying to counter. Usually I'm not a big fan of changing tactics as I believe consistency is the key on SM but feel I should be being a bit more adventerous as my chairman expects me to get automatic :o

Good game mate, I was happy with a point in my first game in charge! On that note it's good to be back, big thanks to Ben and yourself for getting me in :)

Gargano is for sale, I don't want a like for like but 2 good youngsters. Get in touch if you're interested (Geoffrey ;))

Arbeloa is still available.

Valencia might be able to leave too, it depends what sort of offers come in and what interest there is. There's not really much rush for me to sell him, but we'll see.

I'm still in the hunt for a CM or a CB, so if you're interested in one of those two players mentioned (or both) and can offer a CM/CB, then get in touch :)

P.S. I'm not ignoring you if I don't respond tonight, I've been doing work all day so the xbox is calling me for an hour or two :P