English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Top post again mate' date=' really enjoy reading these. [/font']
Seconded. Especially this month :D
Leicester goes into Cup Final after beating Portsmouth on penalties after thrilling 3-3 scoreline in normal time. Adrian scored brace for us which help us to reach our first ever Cup Final for Leicester and it could be my first ever title in 7046. It could be nice achievement to get the cup in this another disappointing season so far in the league
And well done Gozzy. Maybe see you in Europe next season?

TBH, in real life a Reading vs. Leicester final hardly sets the world alight. A Swansea vs. Barnsley & Man Utd vs. Blackpool set of semis however sounds tasty :)

41450.jpg

Šime VRSALJKO

Real Club: Dinamo Zagreb / Croatia U21

21 year old / Rating of 86

D(RL)' date='DM,M® [i'](very versatile player)[/i]

(Last Rating change: 2 Jun 2012 +2)

The lad has played 27 times this season, 4 coming in the Champions League. Has assisted 3 goals and played over 2300 minutes this season.

Was also selected for the Croatian squad for the EURO 2012, but I don't think he was used.

He has been linked with a move or watched by Arsenal, Man City and even Inter.

For you guys that know of him, I think you'd all agree that he is a raw talent and is due a rise in rating very soon. Maybe 88/89???

--------------------------------------

Birmingham have now decided that after the recent form in results that they need to bring in a very good striker who can hopefully finish games off. Looking to swap Vrsaljko for a striker.

Send me a private msg on the game or on here and we shall try get a deal done.

still available...

Negotiating a deal with Everton but still available at the minute I am listening to other offers incase the negotiations draw a blank.

Anything at MK Dons interest you? Could do 3/4 players?

PM me in game :)

Interesting that this set-ups into its 7th season and the top 3 clubs in Div 1 are the only clubs in the previous 6 seasons to have won the league title
Pop quiz: what's the highest placed team at present to have never won anything?

And as a follow up, what's the highest placed team to have never won anything or been runner-up (in any competition)?

EDIT: And I wish people would just reject the job offers if they don't want them or don't know who to hand them on to. Norwich are getting slaughtered for being unmanaged for so long. Jozua would turn in his grave. :rolleyes:

Pop quiz: what's the highest placed team at present to have never won anything?

And as a follow up' date=' what's the highest placed team to have never won anything or been runner-up (in any competition)?[/quote']

i feel that, this is Jooles having a cheeky poke at someone in div1 lol

i feel that' date=' this is Jooles having a cheeky poke at someone in div1 lol[/quote']Ha-ha. Not exactly true. If I was having a cheeky poke it would be more along the lines of who hasn't won something since season 'x', or who has has never won anything other than a Mickey Mouse cup. Can't pick on Dom all the time though can we? ;)

I give up with this game.I honestly do.This is the most pathetic engine I've seen in my life.3 injuries,THREE in same game.Kroos out for 3 weeks,Schmelzer at his debut out for 3 weeks and of course Reus out for 12 days.I also lost to Notts County even if I had more possession,more shots,more corners.What a pathetic engine..who were the idiots on the forum who said this engine is actually good but we don't know to use the tactics?I wanna see what gonna say the idiots now.Oh well....Another season in Div 2 like I said.STill good as is 7046 but when you know that you work and you try your best and this idiotic engine ruins everything...

Tottenham 3-1 Nottingham Forest

Goals from RVP, VDV and Rami helped Tottenham get back to winning ways at WHL against Forest. Almeida grabbed a goal for Forest with around 20 minutes to go, but two sending offs for the away side helped us control the game for the majority of the second half. Khedira and Mertesacker both made their Spurs debuts tonight, and both put in a decent shift, but they didn't really have much affect on the final score. Never the less, I'm pleased with the result and to still be at the top of the table :)

Good game Mo, unlucky mate!

I see Ibrahimovic grabbed a goal on his MK Dons debut to help his side earn a point against United. Top job ;):P

Tranmere 2-2 Birmingham

Chamberlain put us ahead before Mossoro put them back level, Chamberlain scored another free kick in the second half to put us back in front but they equalized for the second time in the game seven minutes before the end through Steven Zubar.

Good game Veigas.

Hartlepool away next.

I give up with this game.I honestly do.This is the most pathetic engine I've seen in my life.3 injuries' date='THREE in same game.Kroos out for 3 weeks,Schmelzer at his debut out for 3 weeks and of course Reus out for 12 days.I also lost to Notts County even if I had more possession,more shots,more corners.What a pathetic engine..who were the idiots on the forum who said this engine is actually good but we don't know to use the tactics?I wanna see what gonna say the idiots now.Oh well....Another season in Div 2 like I said.STill good as is 7046 but when you know that you work and you try your best and this idiotic engine ruins everything...[/quote']

Unlucky bud. The run continues B) 3 out of 3.

To be honest, I don't know how you can say that the engine is totally down to luck. Continued form from some of the managers does suggest that they are doing something right. Some managers havent won anything (yet) as they may not have found the right tactics for their team.

If any forumers want to check out our match then feel free. We both used 3-5-2, however whilst I used defensive + counter, raz used just attacking.

Gillingham beat Cardiff 2-0 at Priestfield tonight, Nugent and Emnes on the scoresheet. Dunno where they are in the goalscorers chart as I'm on my phone but I'd guess quite high.

Just checked and neither are on it, Nugent has 7 in 10, Emnes 4 in 10 :(

To be honest' date=' I don't know how you can say that the engine is totally down to luck. Continued form from some of the managers does suggest that they are doing something right. Some managers havent won anything (yet) as they may not have found the right tactics for their team.

If any forumers want to check out our match then feel free. We both used 3-5-2, however whilst I used defensive + counter, raz used just attacking.[/quote']Yep, funny how some managers are always luckier than others :rolleyes:

Raz changed formation 4 times in the game, lol. :P Just doesn't get tactics then blames the match engine. As SM tells you,

Changing from one formation to another at 45 minutes and then again at another set time, whilst trying to make substitutes could have an effect on your team's performance...
(subs made on 45, 60 & 75 mins, lol :P)

A solid win today for Boro, 4-1 at home vs. West Ham with 2 goals for Boro stalwart Mr. Samuel and one apiece for Xavi & Belluschi. Back up to 2nd though that could all change with Man Utd away this Wed.

Barnsley make a much needed return to winning ways by beating in form Reading 2-0 at Oakwell. The result see's us go level on points with Swansea who sit in 2nd place on goal difference.

The Reading boss will be going mental if he watches it on score center with Reading having two goals disallowed and a player sent off.

Tranmere 2-2 Birmingham

Chamberlain put us ahead before Mossoro put them back level' date=' Chamberlain scored another free kick in the second half to put us back in front but they equalized for the second time in the game seven minutes before the end through Steven Zubar.

Good game Veigas.

Hartlepool away next.[/center']

Was a decent game, apart from the difference in chances. Still pretty annoyed we can't seen to win a game at the min. To be honest you deserved more from this game but I for one am happy with the one point considering how game went.

I believe that is mainly because I still tweaking and trying to find the best tactics for this squad. Match engine is not really to blame in any of this as some may suggest. I believe every squad you have, not all your teams will do as well with same formation.

I will knuckle down and be patient and keep trying. Results will come, even if not this season so not bothered as i know I have enough to avoid relegation.

Sheffield Wednesday next....another few tiny tweaks might help get a better result, I hope!

Unlucky bud. The run continues B) 3 out of 3.

To be honest' date=' I don't know how you can say that the engine is totally down to luck. Continued form from some of the managers does suggest that they are doing something right. Some managers havent won anything (yet) as they may not have found the right tactics for their team.

If any forumers want to check out our match then feel free. We both used 3-5-2, however whilst I used defensive + counter, raz used just attacking.[/quote']

I have to agree with this. I've used 4-5-1 all season and it's worked a treat. However, it was a nightmare to use last season, but once I tweeked it a bit at the start of this season, it worked, and I haven't looked back since. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. You just have to stick with a formation you think will be promising and give it time, no matter how frustrating it can be. As I said, tweek it if necessary too.

Love,

Ben Mourinho :P

I have to agree with this. I've used 4-5-1 all season and it's worked a treat. However' date=' it was a nightmare to use last season, but once I tweeked it a bit at the start of this season, it worked, and I haven't looked back since. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. You just have to stick with a formation you think will be promising and give it time, no matter how frustrating it can be. As I said, tweek it if necessary too.

Love,

Ben Mourinho :P[/quote']

More Ben Westley :D

But yeah you make a good point , My formation of 433 wingers produces results but I can go through terrible spells ( in one now) you just have to stick to your guns and change tactics :)

I got a REALLY LUCKY draw against Everton so im pleased :)

I have to agree with this. I've used 4-5-1 all season and it's worked a You just have to stick with a formation you think will be promising and give it time' date=' no matter how frustrating it can be. As I said, tweek it if necessary too.[/quote']Or don't stick. Boro have used 8 different formations this season. I think just sticking to one formation relies on the inability of your opponent, or the strength of your squad. Switching's the way to go over sticking unless you've got one of the best teams, which Spurs does. (and Fulham doesn't)

A decent point for the Dons tonight as we hold United to a 1-1 draw. Ibra nets his first goal for us, with the other newbie Walcott, putting in a decent shift. Really looking for a strong result against Leeds in the week now :)

Or don't stick. Boro have used 8 different formations this season. I think just sticking to one formation relies on the inability of your opponent' date=' or the strength of your squad. Switching's the way to go over sticking unless you've got one of the best teams, which Spurs does. (and Fulham doesn't)

Fair point, but I bet you've used each formation correctly, as opposed to switching every game willy nilly and chancing your look with arrows everywhere. If you have done that and it's worked then fair play, but I just don't see how it could possibly work.

That's not me having a go at Raz and saying he does that (I realise Darlo's original post was in response to Raz), I doubt he does. I'm just meaning in general it would be hard to find success by chancing every single formation on the go with no real tactics behind them.

Yep' date=' funny how some managers are always luckier than others :rolleyes:

Raz changed formation 4 times in the game, lol. :P Just doesn't get tactics then blames the match engine. As SM tells you,

(subs made on 45, 60 & 75 mins, lol :P)

A solid win today for Boro, 4-1 at home vs. West Ham with 2 goals for Boro stalwart Mr. Samuel and one apiece for Xavi & Belluschi. Back up to 2nd though that could all change with Man Utd away this Wed.[/quote']

To have 3 players injuried in same game..This always happen in reality.