English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Damien Sandow (Sethlark) earned a draw with Stockport County against Southend United.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Stockport County and Southend United in their Division 4 fixture.

Neves was on the scoresheet for his side.

Decent draw away from home, Neves scored from a free kick after Bonera :P fouled 5 yards from goal. High-flying Chesterfield up next.

• Replies 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom Latouche

• Jooles

• sirmarkhughes

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread LATEST ARTICLE ADDED TO THE BLOG... ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 7046'S TOP 25 LEAGUE GOAL SCORERS http://www.ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/english

English Championship 7046(51429) Set Up Creator (Aaron Duffy) Game World Id : 51429 Clubs Taken 80/80 (100%) Welcome to one of the most active and competitive Set Ups on Soccer Manager.

Posted Images

Chesterfield 1 Bristol Rovers 1

Chesterfield's unbeaten run continues against highly rated Bristol Rovers however I'm not a happy chappy. We dominated possession but yet again, it seemed like the other side carved out more goal scoring opportunities.

Italian spearhead Alberto Paloschi was clinical and gave us the early lead while Rover's Marica equalised in the 51st minute but this draw dealt a very steep cost.

Defensive anchor Matic picked up a very nasty injury which will see him out for the remainder of the season, which a huge blow for our side. Since Matic made the first XI, he hasn't looked like losing his starting spot. I suppose it provides an opportunity for fringe players Miantis or Mariga to step up.

Antonelli also picked up a minor knock which will probably see our back line reshuffled for the next few matches.

Next up is Seth lark's Stockport "Brazil" County but our team looks like we are up against it...

Liverpool emerge as 1-0 winners over Man Chitty , an Alonso goal was enough to seal the game, 15 points from the last 18 available has saw us move out of the basement and we are now residing on the middle floor(12th), long way to go yet so more of the same is needed.

Good game mate.

Will have to do a wee shuffle for next game against Mo.

Arjen ROBBEN will be sidelined after suffering an injury.

Didier DROGBA is now suspended for 1 domestic game after picking up 5 Yellow Cards in domestic competitions

Xabi ALONSO is now suspended for 1 domestic game after picking up 5 Yellow Cards in domestic competitions

Daniele DE ROSSI is back from a domestic suspension and is available for selection.

Xabi Alonso tonight's goal scoring 95 rated Midfielder is still available for a 2 for 1 trade if anybody is interested.

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Sheffield Wednesday 1-2 Walsall

S.JUCILEI 23

S.DOWNING 73

D.STURRIDGE 75

Walsall leave it late to nick all 3 points despite playing against 10 men for an hour. Having lost our previous 2 games it was vitally important we returned to Banks's Stadium with a win tonight. We remain 4th but only 1 point off automatic spots. Hopefully the manager of the month award spoils Zak's run of form :P

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Sheffield Wednesday 1-2 Walsall

S.JUCILEI 23

S.DOWNING 73

D.STURRIDGE 75

Walsall leave it late to nick all 3 points despite playing against 10 men for an hour. Having lost our previous 2 games it was vitally important we returned to Banks's Stadium with a win tonight. We remain 4th but only 1 point off automatic spots. Hopefully the manager of the month award spoils Zak's run of form :P

Dont be like that :P

Swansea earned themselves a draw against Palace, Marin grabbing his 7th goal of the season!

Ipswich up next.

Managed to get a 3-1 win away against an inform Blackburn side' date=' it moves me just above them into seventh but outside the play-offs by goal difference.[/quote']

Well played! I deserved to lose as my choice of formation was terrible. I should have played one up front, but couldn't decide who to play, so risked a 4-4-2. It didn't work...

12 games to go and as Rotherham find themselves just 4 points off the play-offs we decided to sacrifice some of the fringe players to bring in a bit of quality and experience.

Javier Saviola is currently our only over-25 player however he has today been joined by Diego Lopez who will take over in goal from Fraser Forster for the remainder of the season.

Rated 89 Lopez will be an improvement on 87 rated Forster (although we still see Forster as our long-term GK).

On his way also is 88-rated Florent Malouda who cost me a 77, a 78, and £300k. Having only recently dropped he should be safe at 88 until his transfer ban is over.

Finally, to add a bit of steel to defence Daniel Van Buyten will join up for the promotion push - another bargain who only recently dropped and might see a bit more playing time now that Bayern have wrapped up the league.

Only Lopez will arrive in time for the trip to Wycombe, hopefully our recent good record against them will continue :)

Finally' date=' to add a bit of steel to defence [b']Daniel Van Buyten[/b] will join up for the promotion push - another bargain who only recently dropped and might see a bit more playing time now that Bayern have wrapped up the league.

I did consider hijacking that bid but that would have just been plain rude of me :o
Fair point' date=' but I bet you've used each formation correctly, as opposed to switching every game willy nilly and chancing your look with arrows everywhere. If you have done that and it's worked then fair play, but I just don't see how it could possibly work.

That's not me having a go at Raz and saying he does that (I realise Darlo's original post was in response to Raz), I doubt he does. I'm just meaning in general it would be hard to find success by chancing every single formation on the go with no real tactics behind them.[/quote']Yeah, you can't just switch randomly. The way I see it you get success by either sticking with one formation and riding on your team's high ratings and/or that most managers can't pick a formation that beats you (the Spurs/Man Utd/Chelsea route), or by making an educated guess and selecting the formation that best matches that of your opponent (the Boro/Charlton/Bristol City etc. route). Less chancing involved if someone uses the former rather than latter approach, which helps :)

12 games to go and as Rotherham find themselves just 4 points off the play-offs we decided to sacrifice some of the fringe players to bring in a bit of quality and experience.

Javier Saviola is currently our only over-25 player however he has today been joined by Diego Lopez who will take over in goal from Fraser Forster for the remainder of the season.

Rated 89 Lopez will be an improvement on 87 rated Forster (although we still see Forster as our long-term GK).

On his way also is 88-rated Florent Malouda who cost me a 77' date=' a 78, and £300k. Having only recently dropped he should be safe at 88 until his transfer ban is over.

Finally, to add a bit of steel to defence [b']Daniel Van Buyten[/b] will join up for the promotion push - another bargain who only recently dropped and might see a bit more playing time now that Bayern have wrapped up the league.

Only Lopez will arrive in time for the trip to Wycombe, hopefully our recent good record against them will continue :)

Van Buyten is regular at Munich atm haha..Wouldn't surprise me if he gets 90

On other story: LUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS PODOLSKI!

Sunderland chances are on!Bury lost,Stoke drew!!!Lets try it lads!We can still do it!

Podolski brace tonight..2-1 win vs Rochdale.The stats...are amazing.

Great win for Villa as we thrash Blackpool 3-0. Jelavic scores a hat-trick, all 3 goals coming from Pizarro assists. Dominated the stats and we deserved the victory, very happy with the result. Jelavic was the Man of the Match for his hat-trick. Next up is a very tough match against Bury.

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Walsall 5-4 Plymouth Argyle

P.MAMAEV 2

L.ADRIANO 17

A.CARROLL 34

P.MAMAEV 46

D.STURRIDGE 48

D.STURRIDGE 62

S.SEMAK 68

A.CARROLL 78

M.DEMBÉLÉ 85

Walsall show tremendous fighting spirit to come from behind twice to steal 3 points in a 9 goal thriller. Think we edged it but was fearing the worst at 2-0 and 3-1 down. Also nice to see other results firmly going our way with none of the top 3 winning we jump up to 2nd and now only trail leaders Watford by 3 points. Up next we welcome Birmingham to Banks's Stadium with top spot now within our reach.

Queens Park Rangers 2 - 3 Blackburn Rovers

Nice.

Sunderland next. Massive game. Beat them earlier in the season' date=' and really need to win again. With my reputation I need a play-off place :P.[/quote']

Neither of last 5 meetings between S'land and Blackburn were drews.Should be interesting.

Another poor away performance sees us battered by Northampton 4-0. Always knew this would be tough as that Northampton team should be higher up the league average rating of 89.

Looks like the away form has hit the skids not won away in the league since the beginning of march and unless i can turn that round my title hopes will diminish very soon. Drop to 4th with this result got a shield semi vs Swansea on Monday then a home game against play off chasing Crystal Palace on Wednesday the games are not getting any easier that's for sure.

Hartlepool 1-2 Tranmere

Roman Neustadter put us ahead after half an hour, Sanchez Joaquin scored a free kick which put them level, two minutes from the end Neustadter scored a header from Chamberlains free kick.

We move up a place to 8th, home to Gozzy's Leicester next.