English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

You are kidding me. Right that's it, MK are down. Please can the match engine tell me why exactly it chose for him to break his arm. He's only played two matches, how exactly did he break his arm. He is massive and never jumps, who would break his in arm. Christ we are stuffed.

Turns out Tino Costa went in two footed on Ibra, how that broke his arm I don't know. Looks like the identity of spiderman has been found.

Anyways, somehow we won and even more incredibly Ibra played the full 90 minutes with a broken arm and even scored.

Damien Sandow (Sethlark) was unable to prevent a Stockport County defeat to Chesterfield.

Stockport County slumped to a 4 - 0 defeat against Chesterfield in their Division 4 fixture.

Been a poor day for my teams and it continues here. Thought we might show up with Chesterfield being a top team but we ended up disappointing the fans again. Analysis of the contest showed Chesterfield countering our tactics, so credit to the manager for that. zGot Brentford up next, and if this is the form we're showing against the elite of Division 4, it doesn't look to good at all.

Been a poor day for my teams and it continues here. Thought we might show up with Chesterfield being a top team but we ended up disappointing the fans again. Analysis of the contest showed Chesterfield countering our tactics' date=' so credit to the manager for that. zGot Brentford up next, and if this is the form we're showing against the elite of Division 4, it doesn't look to good at all.[/quote']

Stockport County 0 Chesterfield 4

Tough luck Sethlark, you will have better days. But I'm very pleased with the result! This was Chesterfield's best performance in the season so far, we reversed Stockport's 3-0 thrashing in our first encounter.

Coming into this game, there were many headlines for Chesterfield. Chesterfield old boys Elkeson and Lima faced their former team, how would Chesterfield deal with the loss of Matic and Antonelli and whether we could respond get the win in a "must win" game.

I had to shift tactics around in order to adapt to the loss of Matic and Antonelli, Rojo shifted to the left of defence, Ait Fana and Mariga returned back into the starting XI.

Paloschi grabbed a brace and an assist, Ekici grabbed an assist and a goal while Spirites maestro Torbinsky chimed in with a goal as well. The most pleasing aspect of our performance, was that our fringe players Ekici, Paloschi and Mariga stepped up in order to get an important win.

With Dagenham winning over Swindon Town, the title is up for grabs! Exciting times in Division 4!!

Next up is Burton Albion

Carlisle manage to scrap past the Hoggmeister's Charlton last night to keep us within touching distance of the top (unlucky Chris), not surprised to see Jooles's old boys top of the pile though, extremely smart move by the big man to pick up some of the top ratings early in the set up and seven seasons on they're still going strong.

Carlisle manage to scrap past the Hoggmeister's Charlton last night to keep us within touching distance of the top (unlucky Chris)' date=' not surprised to see Jooles's old boys top of the pile though, extremely smart move by the big man to pick up some of the top ratings early in the set up and seven seasons on they're still going strong. [/font']
Thanks fella :)

A long long way to go in this season yet though. Incredible to see the likes of Huddersfield, Bristol City, Carlisle & (club in freefall?) Charlton up there in the mix challenging. Liverpool flying too. It's stuff like that that for me makes this the best set-up out there. :)

Welcome back little forum.

Wow, Legendary Manager @ Ipswich has finally gone! No guesses who will be rubbing their hands together in gleeful anticipation hoping to try and take advantage of some NOOB and get their hands on some young talents :rolleyes:

The job's with Ryan987 right now. Should be interesting...

Ooh, we're back online :)

It probably won't last long so may as well enjoy it while I can

:)

picture22uy.png

Well done Jooles, it's been a cracking season so far but I'll be back for that top spot (don't quote me on that) ;)

So, we went down 3-2 in our last game against Bristol City, which 'Boro took advantage of. The best efforts of Bale and Valencia just weren't good enough to secure anything from the game, as goals Dzsudzsak, Cabaye and Fabiano wrapped up all three points for the home side. Good game John, well done mate :)

Barnsley's Wembley dream came to an end last night as we were beaten 3-1 away at Swansea in the English shield semi final.

No complaints from me outclassed by Swansea. Well done to Zak. Hope he pulls off a shock in the final.

Total concentration on the league now where we look to get our promotion push back on track against Crystal Palace.

thread-header.png

EC7046 BLOG REPORTERS WANTED!!

Got a team in EC7046 ?

Become an OFFICIAL BLOG REPORTER and write about your team.

You can write an article after each game or just ONCE a week.

• NO STRESS

• NO DEADLINES

Positions available

If you have the passion and time to publish articles, PM me for access

Some news on the Chesterfield front:

Pedro MOREIRA has completed his move to Beira-Mar from Chesterfield for 638,600
Maximilian HAAS has completed his move to FSV Frankfurt from Chesterfield for 1,081,500

The subsequent sales of my risers although albeit Moreira was a bit of a flop but he pretty much sold for the amount that we purchased him for, so no harm, no foul.

In Haas' case, we doubled our investment in the German defender and turned in a handy profit. Something to keep us going financially.

Erotokritos DAMARLIS has completed his move to Chesterfield from Aris for 330,000

A predicted riser coming in for a little amount of money, he joins with the growing Greek contingent that we have at Chesterfield. The good thing is that with the departure of Haas and Moreira that takes $15k off our wage bill and we bring in a player who only has $3k wages.

In reporter news:

EC7046OFFICIALHEADER_zpsae6b8703.jpg

After a long hiatus, I have written a report about 5 surprise packets in Division 4 this season.

Ahmad Rifai steered Huddersfield Town to victory against ACF Fiorentina.

Huddersfield Town beat

ACF Fiorentina 4 - 2 in a

thrilling SMFA Champions

Cup Round 1 Leg 1

encounter.

Pazzini scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Easy win in the mickey mouse competition as usual. :)

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Walsall 3-0 Birmingham City

D.STURRIDGE 31

A.CARROLL 68

E.ADEBAYOR 77

Contest was effectively ended on 18 mins when the hosts were reduced to 10 men. Delighted to secure back to back wins, only disappointment tonight was table toppers Watford came from 2-0 down with 10 mins to go to snatch a point and hang onto that top spot by 1 point and Swansea also nicked a 3-2 win with a minute to go so could of been a lot better for us.

Record crowd watches Walsall. 9,591 fans turned out to watch Walsall against Birmingham City breaking the previous home record attendance.

Nice to see the fans out in force as we look to secure promotion.