English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

finally1.jpg

Hello ! Thank's all for welcoming me in by far the best setup on SM . I am here for a long stay and here to do long term deals . I'll introduce myself later cose i am litlle bit buzy right now

After a few failed attempts to join the gameworld and then also opting not to join certain clubs in division 2 recently as would prefer to start from the lower divisions and rebuild a team i can announce ....

I have taken charge of Doncaster Rovers who are pretty much guaranteed relegation to division 4 already :D

This doesn't put me off though as it is the perfect opportunity to get rid of the debt the club has and rebuild a new squad which will hopefully in the long term do better than recent times for Doncaster Rovers.

Also credit has to go to the previous manager for reaching over 200 games in charge over a 2 year period (His not logging in is my gain :))

Welcome in fella's' date=' good luck with your teams. [/font']

Felipe anderson goes up 2 to 86 :D

Delighted felipe anderson is showing his talent and despite him being static for so long I knew je was decent when I brought him way back in 2010 and I wasnt going to do a Ant and sell them early :P ( his case 2 Lucas and Oscar :D ) sorry Ant :D

Looks like my Jordan Bowery purchase will prove fruitful as well :D

Been trying to do some mathematical work outs based on previous seasons and the safety point from relegation.

From what ive looked at for every season in division 3 so far it looks like around 39/40/41 point mark would be enough for finishing just above relegation so for my Doncaster team who are currently on 18 points with 10 games left its still mathematically possible to survive if we win atleast 7 out of the final 10 games.

Its very unlikely to happen but having a slight hope always makes things exciting :D

--------------------------------

On a side note i have had a few people inquire about some of my players but for now unless i transfer list the player i will be intending to keep them most likely until the end of the season and then will look to do transfers from there. If i do decide to seel certain players i will contact the managers who recently asked about the player to see if they are still interested but the likes of Nick Powell aint going anywhere :P

Well as expected that didn't last long! A disappointing 2-0 loss at home for Boro vs. Leeds. Peppered their goal but really we just didn't turn up. Takes the pressure off a bit if anything so it's all good. And watch out, Liverpool are flying!

A big welcome to the new lads too, I Mccoll I 93 I & steauaseka. My advice steauaseka is to take your time doing transfers at Ipswich. There's some here who would rob you blind given half the chance...:rolleyes:

The updated managers' list is here :)

Well as expected that didn't last long! A disappointing 2-0 loss at home for Boro vs. Leeds. Peppered their goal but really we just didn't turn up. Takes the pressure off a bit if anything so it's all good. And watch out' date=' Liverpool are flying!

A big welcome to the new lads too, I Mccoll I 93 I & steauaseka. My advice steauaseka is to take your time doing transfers at Ipswich. There's some here who would rob you blind given half the chance...:rolleyes:

The updated managers' list is [b']here[/b] :)

Agreed, i think Liverpool will come through and win the league!

Agreed' date=' i think Liverpool will come through and win the league![/quote']There's always one who takes it too far! :rolleyes:

Could happen I suppose, but that would be some run. Huge game this Saturday, Spurs vs. Liverpool. A title decider maybe? :eek:

There's always one who takes it too far! :rolleyes:

Could happen I suppose' date=' but that would be some run. Huge game this Saturday, Spurs vs. Liverpool. A title decider maybe? :eek:[/quote']

They did beat me in the CL first leg at WHL (which I forgot to congratulate Dan for, my apologies. Congratulations Dan). You never know ;)

I haven't posted anything regarding Wednesday night yet, so I'll do it now :P An 81st minute free kick from RVP stole all three points for us late on away at West Brom, but it was far from what we deserved. Well, based on what I saw on the score centre anyway. However, it looks as if we had quite a lot more possession in the game based on the stats, which wasn't really shown at all on SC.

Good game David, unlucky mate :)

Lulic is off to Charlton.A super solid 89 who wasn't needed anymore anyway.I got Schmelzer and Rausch in his position.Thauvin and Weiser are coming to S'land.2 amazing kids,especially Weiser who has been impressive so far at K'lautern.Expecting some top things from the lad and I believe he will turn into a top footballer.

Lulic is off to Charlton.A super solid 89 who wasn't needed anymore anyway.I got Schmelzer and Rausch in his position.Thauvin and Weiser are coming to S'land.2 amazing kids' date='especially Weiser who has been impressive so far at K'lautern.Expecting some top things from the lad and I believe he will turn into a top footballer.[/quote']

You're also signing that small name player. What's his name? Is it Neighbour? Nearby? :P

Lulic is off to Charlton.A super solid 89 who wasn't needed anymore anyway.I got Schmelzer and Rausch in his position.Thauvin and Weiser are coming to S'land.2 amazing kids' date='especially Weiser who has been impressive so far at K'lautern.Expecting some top things from the lad and I believe he will turn into a top footballer.[/quote']

Good deal mate,lulic will fit right in at charlton ,by the time the two wonderkids are playing regulary i'll be long gone.

Good doing business mate:)

Good deal mate' date='lulic will fit right in at charlton ,by the time the two wonderkids are playing regulary i'll be long gone.

Good doing business mate:)[/quote']

Thauvin is already regular..you gone? :D

Agreed' date=' i think Liverpool will come through and win the league![/quote']

Yea and Maggie Thatcher will be next prime minister.

They did beat me in the CL first leg at WHL (which I forgot to congratulate Dan for' date=' my apologies. Congratulations Dan). You never know ;)

[/quote']

yes was a good game mate have you in league then the 2nd leg of the SMFA so should be entertaining.

Break a leg :_)

thread-header.png

THE SATURDAY MATCH

TheTSMlogo.jpg

This week the spotlight is on the Div-1 fixture - TOTTENHAM v LIVERPOOL

Can be viewed here

http://ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tsm-d1-tottenham-v-liverpool.html

great write up but top of the table clash ?

Your having a laugh' date='I was 19th place not so long ago until 7 wins from 8 I think.

[b']Boro for the league ,Man United 2nd and Spuds in 3rd.

Doms' Fulham to narrowly avoid relegation on goal difference.

Liverpool to land a top ten finish.[/b]

Great stuff' date=' though I think "top of the table clash" is pushing it a little bit ;)[/quote']

yes,

based on the criteria its judged on

ie

top of the table clash

middle table clash

basement battle

this had to be in the top section of the criteria

• top of the table clash isn't top 2 or 3 etc, its top third of table coz its in that section

i thought everyone woulda understood this, you too Dan :D

Thanks for your feedback, its good to know that its getting attention

Yea and Maggie Thatcher will be next prime minister.

yes was a good game mate have you in league then the 2nd leg of the SMFA so should be entertaining.

Break a leg :_)

great write up but top of the table clash ?

Your having a laugh' date='I was 19th place not so long ago until 7 wins from 8 I think.

[b']Boro for the league ,Man United 2nd and Spuds in 3rd.

Doms' Fulham to narrowly avoid relegation on goal difference.

Liverpool to land a top ten finish.[/b]

Thanks for comment on my write up

You have certainly turned it around since your difficult period when u were relegation material.

I see the Tottenham v Liverpool match as a top match coz u can get into play-offs (pending on other results too) and Spurs going for the title.

• Top of the table clash means = teams in the top third of the table

• Middle table clash = teams in middle third of the table

• Basement Battle = teams in the bottom third of the table

Thanks for comment on my write up

You have certainly turned it around since your difficult period when u were relegation material.

I see the Tottenham v Liverpool match as a top match coz u can get into play-offs (pending on other results too) and Spurs going for the title.

• Top of the table clash means = teams in the top third of the table

• Middle table clash = teams in middle third of the table

• Basement Battle = teams in the bottom third of the table

I always try and catch up a read on the blog ,great reads,yes we have got a few points in the bag but will be happy with another few to guarantee safety, dismal season with a couple bright spots.

I still have one eye on top 4 though :)

Barnsley travel to Portman Road in what now looks a very difficult game against Ipswich this is Forsecasiu calin-mihai first game in this set up.

We are horribly out of form away from home and while Ipswich may not be on the best of runs that team has real potential if managed correctly.

We go there looking to register our first win against the tractors having lost two and drawn one.

Sulley Muntari will leave Notts County in the next 24 hours. I signed the midfielder in my second season at County and he has definitely left a mark on the club. Statistics show that Muntari averaged well over 7.0 in his 4 seasons at the club, notching in 25 goals. He has become a surplus player here, and he is on the move back down to where he started. 15 of his goals were in division 4 and I wouldn't be surprised if he rips up the division for his new club - Stockport County.

Coming to Notts County is:

Emre Colak. The speedy Turk has played regularly for Galatasaray and at only 21 years old, I can see him becoming an important player for Notts.

Filip Helander is the second addition. At 6ft 4 inches and only 19 years old, he seems to have the capabilities of a future star CB. Can't say much about him, iv never seen him play and he's fairly unheard of outside of Sweden.

I've been enquiring about a fair few players with little success over the past few days. The arrivals of Colak and Helander are just to being the age level down plus add some future talent to the side.