English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Stephen Thompson earned a draw with Barnsley against Swansea City.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Barnsley and Swansea City in their Division 3 fixture.

Hamouma scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Gyan was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Decent point for us against 2nd in the table we edged the game and were 6 minutes from a win but we couldn't hold out.

We remain in the play offs and travel to 6th place Hull City at the weekend.

Accrington 7 Cardiff 4

Delighted to pick up three points here against a strong Cardiff side. Mateus Kelvin scoring five goals, taking his tally to 18 goals in just 19 games. Kelvin is turning into a great little buy after picking him up for £3.0M and Luca GARRITANO at the start of the season. Other goals for us from Obertan and Boetius.

After their result against Cardiff City, Accrington Stanley are now unbeaten in 11 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

After a slow start we are now playing some good stuff and look forward to Brighton on saturday.

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Walsall 2-3 Leicester City

M.DEMBÉLÉ 1

N.VALDEZ 4

M.DEMBÉLÉ 15

A.APOÑO 24

N.VALDEZ 53

Miss the chance to extend my lead at the top of the table and instead it's that close between the top 3 I drop to 3rd. Could be a costly one this, despite twice taking the lead at home we couldn't quite hang on. 8 games to go and 1 point separates the top 3, going to go to the wire. Up next a massive game as we head to my brothers Bournemouth.

Damien Sandow (Sethlark) steered Stockport County to victory against Dagenham & Redbridge.

Stockport County beat Dagenham & Redbridge 1 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Lima scored the winner for Stockport County and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Another 1-0 victory, this time over high flying Dagenham. Unlucky, the game turned in our favor after Figueroa was sent off early. Doubt we'd move any further up the table with everyone competing for 6th winning. (except Geoffrey:p) Next up, things come full circle when I face Shrewsbury. Didn't have the best of times when I last played them and certainly looking to change that.

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Walsall 2-3 Leicester City

M.DEMBÉLÉ 1

N.VALDEZ 4

M.DEMBÉLÉ 15

A.APOÑO 24

N.VALDEZ 53

Miss the chance to extend my lead at the top of the table and instead it's that close between the top 3 I drop to 3rd. Could be a costly one this' date=' despite twice taking the lead at home we couldn't quite hang on. 8 games to go and 1 point separates the top 3, going to go to the wire. Up next a massive game as we head to my brothers Bournemouth.[/center']

Swansea v Watford at the weekend. I'm away to Hull City. Tranmere v Reading

Some tasty looking games at the weekend.

Geoffrey K earned a draw with Leyton Orient against Gillingham.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Leyton Orient and Gillingham in their Division 4 fixture.

Florenzi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Narsingh was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Another draw on the cards. I might leave Orient soon.

Tranmere 2-2 Millwall

Chamberlain and Neustadter got our goals' date=' Da Silva Fabio scored both of their goals.

Not a bad result, Reading away next.[/quote']

yes, Millwall were happy with this hard earned away point

Chesterfield 5 Wycombe 0

Chesterfield were back to winning ways with a resounding win over struggling Wycombe. The win was made all the more important with Dagenham losing and the fact that the sides below us were closing in.

Spireites Russian maestro Torbinsky lead by example with a clinical brace, Mehmet Ekici continued his good form in the middle of the park with an assist and a goal from a free kick whilst Alberto Paloschi who was preferred from Rodallega and he backed it up with a double assist.

Flying wingbacks De Silverstri and Antonelli completed the rout with a goal each. With the end of the season quickly, we need to maintain our good form.

Next up is Oldham

Great win for Aston Villa last night:

Jay Gonzanez steered Aston to a win over Newcastle United last night.

Aston Villa beat Newcastle 1-0 in a closely-contested Division 2 fixture.

Phil Jagielka scored the winner and was named as the Man of the Match

We dominated a much stronger side, fully deserved the win. A Jagielka header in the 43rd minute from Salvio's free-kick gave us our goal. Delighted to get the victory not only because it was against a much stronger side but because we played the majority of the second half with 10 men. Jelavic got his second yellow in the 53rd minute and we ended up finishing off the match with 10 men on the pitch.

Climb up the table to 15th with 33 points, now 4 points away from the relegation zone. Next up is Wigan who are also hovering above the drop zone, hoping for a victory to increase the gap between us and relegation.

continued my undefeated streak to 11 games, 9 of them are wins. A 1-0 win home against sunderland, is really good, however, still one point from automatic promotion, which is quite annoying.

In other news Alexander SCHOLZ rose 4, from 77 -> 81 (bought him couple days ago)

Astrit AJDAREVIC rose one 82 - > 83 bought him a few days ago

Most surprising news goes to Fernando MUSLERA who jumped up one, from 89 -> 90, really didn't expect him to rise. But hey this serves people right who would refuse to trade a keeper who is same rating just younger then Muslera.

Sheffield Wednesday 0-3 Bournemouth

Great away win for my lads and with only 4 points separating us with the playoffs, hoping that we can finish the season strong to put us in with a chance. Massive game for us this weekend, taking on Tony's Walsall. 3 points needed. :)

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against Manchester United.

Everton beat Manchester United 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Howard had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Suárez was on the scoresheet for his side.

Always seem to turn it on against United, unlucked SOP ;)

8 Points off the top with 8 games left to play, its still on B)

Liverpool go Nap and give West Brom five to make it a club record of eight wins in a row, a Gomez hat-trick and a goal each for Frank and Drogs, a four week injury to Drogba is not so good though.

We pop in to the top four for a visit, well pleased with my best ever winning run in 7046, I only managed to get six wins in a row in my time at Huddersfield (still stands) so to managed to get to eight in a row its very satisfying especially as we have moved from nineteenth place to fourth place as a credit for the run, still eight games to go and third to fourteenth are separated by just six points with first (Spurs)and second (Boro) a further six and seven points clear respectively, there is a lot of twists still to happen and should make for an interesting last eight games.

Arsenal & Lazio up next games for us so a bit of shuffling to be done, interesting season for us at Anfield to say the least.