English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

All good runs must come to an end as they say, Liverpool could only manage a 1-1 draw with Arsenal to halt their winning run at eight.

That man Mario Gomez opened up the scoring early on with a nice header after a good cross by Robben but Arsenal equalized with that superstar Cavani and the scores end 1-1.

We had 60% Possession and 10 shots on target from 24, another day well enough for 3 points instead of 1 but not to be.

Good game.

An 89 in exchange for 2 x 78's was just too good to pass up' date=' and as a short-term signing at this stage in the season he could play a big part in our promotion ambitions :D

He'll make his debut tonight for the trip to Gillingham, 3 points there would be nice to keep the momentum going and our recent record against them is good so fingers crossed! (Although have probably just jinxed it :rolleyes::o)[/quote']

Ambrosini made his debut in a 3-0 win, but it came at a price as star man and captain Feghouli saw red and will miss the next 3 games, while Malouda gets himself crocked after only 4 games and will now be out for 3 weeks :rolleyes:

At least now though we have a wee bit of depth so we can re-shuffle the pack and let's see how we cope without Feghouli :eek::D

Damien Sandow (Sethlark) was unable to prevent a Stockport County defeat to Shrewsbury Town.

Stockport County slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat against Shrewsbury Town in their Division 4 fixture.

1 step forward, 2 steps back for us. We didn't deserve a single point from this game as poor home form comes back to haunt us. Also, we lost ou great captain Leandro Salino for a week to injury. Next up, we face Bristol Rovers. Hopefully our away form is better.

A brilliant performance by Boro to beat Man City 3-2 away from home and stay within touching distance of Ben's Spurs! :D

Boro dominated the game with 65% possession, Messi with a pitiful 4 out 10 performance was totally shut down, and Milito and Xavi were everywhere, with 3 assists between them and some crunching tackles (check Xavi's timely one on Messi @ 76 mins). Aguero sealed off a superb Boro showing by running onto an exquisitely crafted Xavi though-ball to fire home a bullet header and send the away fans into raptures. :)

The win came at a cost though with Xavi, amongst others, picking up a yellow card, which now puts him precariously placed on 4 yellow cards just 3 games away from the impossibly huge top-of-the-table clash with Spurs followed by a tricky away tie at high-flying Liverpool.

7 games left. All to play for! B)

Somehow I won 2-0.:eek:
What do you mean 'somehow'?! :rolleyes:;)

The win came at a cost though with Xavi' date=' amongst others, picking up a yellow card, which now puts him precariously placed on 4 yellow cards just 3 games away from the impossibly huge top-of-the-table clash with Spurs followed by a tricky away tie at high-flying Liverpool.

[/quote']

I will let you win the game between us if you promise to lower your starting XI's average age below 30 haha.

Are you not worried about the possibility of decrepitude setting in during the last seven games as its been a long season for them guys, to be fair a few of them should be put out to pasture.

Only Joking Jooles your still favourite for league as I said when I posted on your page about a month agao

I will let you win the game between us if you promise to lower your starting XI's average age below 30 haha.

Are you not worried about the possibility of decrepitude setting in during the last seven games as its been a long season for them guys' date=' to be fair a few of them should be put out to pasture.

Only Joking Jooles your still favourite for league as I said when I posted on your page about a month agao

Ha-ha, says the man with Drogba! :P

Ha-ha' date=' says the man with Drogba! :P[/quote']

He is worth 5.3 million cash due to his age next to Gomez,I don't see the point is selling him for just over 5 million I would rather the 92 rating and he is a legend he scored the winner in last years Champions league final.

Haha yes slander me on forum for having him but try and buy him off me on chat, he hates Middlesboro as he is scared of people with more than 5 toes on each foot.!

He is worth 5.3 million cash due to his age next to Gomez' date='I don't see the point is selling him for just over 5 million I would rather the 92 rating and he is a legend he scored the winner in last years Champions league final.

Haha yes slander me on forum for having him but try and buy him off me on chat, he hates Middlesboro as he is scared of people with more than 5 toes on each foot.![/quote']Buy him off you on chat, yeah, right. Everyone here knows I only do an internal deal every 3 seasons or so. The next one ain't due 'til season 9...;)

Oldham 3 Chesterfield 2

Chesterfield were condemned to another inconsistent performance with a 3-2 loss against Oldham. Well done Oldham, they out played us for the majority of the game and they deserved to get the win.

Eventhough we pegged them back with 2 successive goals through Ekici and captain Mykhalyk, it just made the match look closer then it was. Bravo had a bad game and it continues his bad run of games to 3. Oldham were 3-0 ahead within 54 minutes with a depleted side and their top scorer for the season.

This was a bad loss for Chesterfield, one of the worst performances against a play-off contender and we need to stand up and be accountable, especially in the case of Bravo.

Next up is Cardiff City, where we will hope to pick up our performance level

Great win for us as we beat Wigan 3-1 at home. Had a horrible start to the match as Pizarro missed a penalty in the 10th minute. They took the lead in the 30th minute through Natcho which turned out to be their only shot on target in the entire match. We equalised 10 minutes later from a Sandro free-kick. We were in the lead 3 minutes later in the 43rd minute, Sandro scoring another free-kick. Pizarro made up for his earlier miss as he put the game to bed when he scored in the 68th minute. Good result, happy with our performance

:). We stay in 15th spot but now 7 points clear of the drop zone. Next up is a visit to last placed Norwich.

Northampton Town Clear Out!

The following players can leave the club, attention towards so called 'smaller club' managers in the set up, if one of these catches your eyes, you have a very good chance of sealing a deal for them, i want to help in making the GW that extra bit enjoyable for some teams as they will have a player to look forward to see growing,

DELLE, Joris

ÁLVAREZ, Víctor

REACH, Adam

DIAGNE, Fallou

DEL FABRO, Dario

LAXALT, Diego

CARROLL, Tom

OUESLATI, Kader

FABBRINI, Diego

EYSSERIC, Valentin

POLTER, Sebastian

CABALLERO, Mauro

DIALLO, Sadio

BEISTER, Maximilian

And several Japanese/Russian GUARANTEED risers also available for just over CV. Small clubs WILL be given preference, so get them bids in.

Thx. Next up in the climax series' date=' [b']Paleka12[/b] :)

Will keep banging them up as the responses come in and will do my best to get more interviews out to others if I get a chance...

Nice to see my young Loan signing at Coventry doing the business ,13 goals and 10 assists in 14 games ,nice return on Aboubakar.

Signed Tom Carroll for £5m. My honeymoon period is over, with no win in the last five and only 4 goals in that time. My target is to finish outside the bottom three. Having never managed in Division 4 Id like to stay outside the 'relegation' places.