Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Walsall 3-2 Millwall

S.DOWNING 5

A.CARROLL 9

S.DOWNING 26

M.CALIGIURI 74

M.CHAMAKH 84

Walsall survive a late comeback to take the points and keep the pressure on Swansea. Great night overall tho with 3rd place Watford going down at home to Hull we put a 5 point gap between us and the rest. Tricky looking trip to the Madejski up next where another positive result is vital given Swansea host basement boys Doncaster.

Stephen Thompson earned a draw with Barnsley against Plymouth Argyle.

Barnsley dominated much of the play against Plymouth Argyle but could only manage a 1 - 1 draw in their Division 3 fixture.

Pienaar scored the only goal for Barnsley and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Absolutely robbed no other word for it. 61% possession more shots more corners had a goal disallowed saved a pen and Plymouth go and nick a draw in the 88th minute through an Own goal just my luck

Charlton 3-2 Tottenham

Tottenham went down 3-2 to Charlton at The Valley, despite coming from two goals down to pull it back to 2-2 late on. This was one of the games I wasn't looking forward to in the final running and rightly so as it turned out. Van Persie bagged himself two goals to add to his ever increasing tally for the season, but Negredo, Ledesma and Cassani turned out to be the real hero's of the day. Good game Chris, well done mate :)

A very rare 'Boro slip up came on a night that we lost too. How typical :P

Jay Gonzanez steered Aston Villa to a victory over Norwich.

Aston Villa thrashed Norwich 4-0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Jelavic scored a goal and was later voted the Man of the Match for his performance.

Sandro and Sam were also on the scoresheet for their side.

Not to mention

Aston Villa have recorded their biggest ever away league win by beating Norwich City 0 - 4.

Delighted with the victory, bottom placed side okay but winning 4-0 away from home is very pleasing! After scoring two free-kicks last match Sandro scored another one tonight as well as scoring another goal. Yet another brace for Sandro.

Next up is a tough match against Burnley :)

Tranmere 2-2 Northampton

Salihovic put us ahead, Fernando scored a free kick eight minutes after the break, four minutes from the end Salihovic put us back in front but that was then cancelled out by Abdennour who got them a late equalizer.

We should stay a point off the play offs, not a bad result against Northampton tonight.

Sad to see Hayden leave :/.

Geoffrey steered Leyton Orient to victory against Swindon Town.

Leyton Orient beat Swindon Town 3 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Lugano had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Musa and Routledge were amongst the goalscorers.

Damien Sandow (Sethlark) was unable to prevent a Stockport County defeat to Bristol Rovers.

Stockport County slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to Bristol Rovers in their Division 4 fixture.

Neves was on the scoresheet for his side.

Failed to set tactics due to illness, have to be glad it's not a thrashing. Oh well, there's always next season.

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Walsall 3-2 Millwall

S.DOWNING 5

A.CARROLL 9

S.DOWNING 26

M.CALIGIURI 74

M.CHAMAKH 84

Walsall survive a late comeback to take the points and keep the pressure on Swansea. Great night overall tho with 3rd place Watford going down at home to Hull we put a 5 point gap between us and the rest. Tricky looking trip to the Madejski up next where another positive result is vital given Swansea host basement boys Doncaster.

good game

I was hoping not to get hammered and after 26 minutes it looked like a thumping was on the cards

our 2 Late goals and an 89th minute miss nearly snatched a point.

a respectable score for us but we need points

This GW hates me :D

Yet to get a win in my first 4 games in charge and only just about scraped 1 draw :P but 2 losses have been from 87+ minute winning goals against far superior teams who we have held our own against :(.

I knew we was doomed when i took over but i just cant wait to get this season finished and get to work on my first full season in charge

Been quite the ho-hum season for Forest, but a hat-trick from Ruiz, who has started for the team in quite some time, was good to see. And against our original rivals no less in a game that would've really helped them in the title race. You're welcome Ben.

Without Giggsy, we just aren't the team we were in late February, but we have a decent couple of games coming up where we should pick up 4-6 points. 10th place may yet still be within our reach.

SMH earned a draw with Liverpool against Exeter City.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Liverpool and Exeter City in their Division 1 fixture.

Alonso scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ribéry was also on the scoresheet for his side.

A 2-2 draw was probably right, good game mate.

Another solid performance from Carlisle see's us climb to fourth and move to within six points of the leaders, pretty happy with my first season in the top flight. If i could have gotten some early points on the board instead of mostly losing we'd have been in with a genuine chance.

Interview with Bury's Lenny59 just up :)

I've began with the teams challenging for the league titles but will work my way through the leagues if time permits.

If you've gotten an interview already could you please get it back to me? If you fancy an interview let me know. No promises but I'll see what I can do...

(Double post i know)

Great work on the interview lads' date=' always enjoy reading these. [/font']

Been quite the ho-hum season for Forest' date=' but a hat-trick from Ruiz, who has started for the team in quite some time, was good to see. And against our original rivals no less in a game that would've really helped them in the title race. You're welcome Ben.[/quote']A good win for you Mo and no complaints my end, we were outplayed fair and square. Disappointing at this stage of the season but not the end of the world just yet.
Charlton 3-2 TottenhamA very rare 'Boro slip up came on a night that we lost too. How typical :P
Yep' date=' just like in season 4 this is coming down to the wire. I'll guess we'll see who wants it most in the next 6 games. Still in our own hands though, which is good, though just a couple of slip-ups and (incredibly?) Bristol City, Carlisle and Charlton could be eventual winners. Great stuff! :)
(Double post i know)

Great work on the interview lads, always enjoy reading these.

Cheers fella, more to come when I get a chance...