English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Charlton 3-2 Tottenham

Tottenham went down 3-2 to Charlton at The Valley' date=' despite coming from two goals down to pull it back to 2-2 late on. This was one of the games I wasn't looking forward to in the final running and rightly so as it turned out. Van Persie bagged himself two goals to add to his ever increasing tally for the season, but Negredo, Ledesma and Cassani turned out to be the real hero's of the day. Good game Chris, well done mate :)

A very rare 'Boro slip up came on a night that we lost too. How typical :P[/quote']

Thanks mate appreciated,now we have banished the fear of relegation:p we can now turn our sights to finishing in the top four.

Its been an incredible season,certainly one of the tightest divisions ive ever been involved in.

Also great work with the interviews Jooles,depending on where we finish wouldnt mind one myself at the end of the season.

• Replies 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom Latouche

• Jooles

• sirmarkhughes

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread LATEST ARTICLE ADDED TO THE BLOG... ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 7046'S TOP 25 LEAGUE GOAL SCORERS http://www.ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/english

English Championship 7046(51429) Set Up Creator (Aaron Duffy) Game World Id : 51429 Clubs Taken 80/80 (100%) Welcome to one of the most active and competitive Set Ups on Soccer Manager.

Posted Images

Thanks mate appreciated' date='now we have banished the fear of relegation:p we can now turn our sights to finishing in the top four.

Its been an incredible season,certainly one of the tightest divisions ive ever been involved in.

Also great work with the interviews Jooles,depending on where we finish wouldnt mind one myself at the end of the season.[/quote']A great season fella. Could even still win it maybe? ;)

And cheers. I foolishly went for interviewing SOP & sirmarkhughes (interviews just up), thinking they'd be in the mix for the title at the end, when really I should have started with Bristol City, Carlisle and Charlton. Will get to you ASAP, along with anyone else who wants one, time permitting...

I'm back from my little break from forum, and glad to still see it going strong. Liking the Interviews I been reading too. Great Work!

Anyways, results have started to improve a little bit more for Birmingham of late.

Birmingham beat Bournemouth 2 - 1 last night, a result that I'm very happy with.

Today Birmingham have signed 4 more quality players.

SIVOK, Tomáš

QUARESMA, Ricardo

IZMAILOV, Marat

BATALLA, Pablo

All with the rating of 88 from the age of 28 to 30. Hopefully one more will be joining in the next couple of days.

To add to them positives this month I have had a few risers too. Not amazing, but every little counts.

Sasa ZDJELAR +2 to 77

Miroslav KACER +1 to 76

Yaya SANOGO +4 to 82

Chris SUTHERLAND +3 to 73

Millwall up next in the League.

Liverpool beat Lazio 2-0 at home in the SMFA Champions Cup Quarter Final Leg 1, goals from De Rossi and Gomez were enough to give us a good edge for the 2nd leg, with the stats we probably should have won by more as we had 63% possession and 17/35 shots on target.

We have never won this Cup so would like to have it on the mantelpiece next to the two 'mickey-mouse' European cups..

This has been a miserable and very unlucky season if games finished at the 87th minute I would be comfortably top 4 but im down in 11th which saddens me :(

I would like to say well done to jooles on his fantastic interview section and with the pace he is rolling them out is incredible well done mate you are showing why you are Mr 7046 :D

I would like to say thanks to SOP on his kind words also :P ( 9th club? :P) , I will try to make a MR on all thats Fulham which will describe my future in 7046 , Fulhams future and my feelings on our progress and also do a bit about my young stars :D

Speaking of young stars , Im very pleased with the progress of luke shaw , santon , Baumman , Alvaro , anderson , Bowery , Caulker , Santon , Oviedo amongst other more established players , Im very pleased I feel we can compete for many seasons and I look forward to these players taking us to the next step in our Fulham evolution ;)

I would like to say well done to jooles on his fantastic interview section and with the pace he is rolling them out is incredible well done mate you are showing why you are Mr 7046 :D

Thanks Dom. Next one up already' date=' [b']Josh @ Bournemouth[/b] :)

Look forward to reading about your future (sounds positive, better than non-future ;)) in 7046 too :)

Great work Jooles!

Cheers fella. And an interview with MUTD is now up :)

With the exception of the managers in division 1, whom I misjudged, and Glory Days at Chesterfield, interviews have now gone out to at least the top 3 in every division. If/when I can get a chance I'll now try and start to work my way through the leagues so with no guarantees, keep an eye out for questions heading your way...

Somewhere in the middle of all that we've had recent excellent M/Rs from wozlives, I Mccoll I 93 I, Steve025, Dan and Dom so please don't miss those! Dom, pleased to hear it mate :)

Job offers still out with Nikidinho for Wigan and Mr. Malcolm for Sheff Utd. if anyone's wanting in...

Chesterfield 3 Cardiff City 1

Chesterfield's winning run continues with a 3-1 over Cardiff. Ekici started things off with a brilliant free kick, Hugo Rodallega capped off his return to the first XI with a goal and Spireites maestro Torbinsky sealed the result through a free kick.

I don't know who is having a more stellar season, Torbinsky or Rodallega. Both have scored 16 goals each and both have double digit assists. Although things may change after Torbinsky dropped to 87, hopefully not.

We need a good run, going into the play-off finals.

Next up is Brighton and Hove Albion

This has been a miserable and very unlucky season if games finished at the 87th minute I would be comfortably top 4 but im down in 11th which saddens me :(

I would like to say thanks to SOP on his kind words also :P ( 9th club? :P) ' date=' I will try to make a MR on all thats Fulham which will describe my future in 7046 , Fulhams future and my feelings on our progress and also do a bit about my young stars :D

Speaking of young stars , Im very pleased with the progress of luke shaw , [b']santon[/b] , Baumman , Alvaro , anderson , Bowery , Caulker , Santon , Oviedo amongst other more established players , Im very pleased I feel we can compete for many seasons and I look forward to these players taking us to the next step in our Fulham evolution ;)

What progress?:confused:

What progress?:confused:

The flip side of the coin from transfer success is that you are universally acknowledged as one of the worst tactical managers in the game.

Haha.

Glad to see Dom is staying definitely would have been missed' date='quality forumer and top division manager.(and good for an easy 6 points a season:)

thread-header.png

TEAM OF THE DAY (Turn 32) has been added to the BLOG

Have any of your players made it into the TOTD

Can be viewed here

http://ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/team-of-day-turn-32.html#more

Again great work, really enjoy reading the blog. Good to see one of our players in the week for the second consecutive week. :)

The flip side of the coin from transfer success is that you are universally best future manager on SM.

Haha.

Glad to see Dom is staying definitely would have been missed' date='quality forumer and top division manager.(and good for an easy 6 points a season:)

Corrected it for you

Blackburn Rovers run in to the Play-offs

Current position: 4th

Current points: 57

Gap to 7th place: 6 points

Blackpool (15th)

Bury (2nd)

Wolves (7th)

Newcastle (6th)

Wigan (17th)

Norwich (20th)

I think if we manage to avoid defeat in the two games against Wolves and Newcastle, we will pretty much there, as some points should be gained from the Blackpool, Wigan and Norwich matches.

The play-offs are a lottery, so I won't hold out much hope.

Now, here is a picture of a chicken...

Blackburn-Rovers-chicken-008.jpg

The offer for Jean-christophe BAHEBECK of Galatasaray SK from Leyton Orient has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.
The offer for Ivica OLIĆ of Wolfsburg from Leyton Orient has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

I'm really happy with these two signings for Orient. I think 88 is a safe rating for Olic! I'm pleasantly surprised I got no competition for Bahebeck and I only gave away a 78 and a 77 for the young Frenchman :).

thread-header.png

THE SATURDAY MATCH

TheTSMlogo.jpg

TSM (D2 Stoke v Coventry) added to the BLOG

can be viewed here

http://ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tsm-d2-stoke-v-coventry.html

And there was me thinking 2nd place Boro vs. 3rd place Bristol City was a banker for game of the day! Guess I was wrong :P
I'm really happy with these two signings for Orient. I think 88 is a safe rating for Olic!
Was tempted to bring former Boro boy Olic home, more for nostalgic reasons than anything else. Deferred to my Canadian understudy though. B)

And there was me thinking 2nd place Boro vs. 3rd place Bristol City was a banker for game of the day! Guess I was wrong :P

This is another great fixture this weekend

The D2 match was selected coz we already have 4 matches previewed in D1 and the D2 match makes it more balanced for each division to have a game selected.

Hopefully giving the lower Divisions the same exposure as the top divisions B)