English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Ernest Borgnine?! Well that's Sheff Utd. down then! :P

Nice. And about the part where you write' date='
just look at some of the positions of some of the so called 'Smaller' clubs in the division and that is proof that this is the league of dreams, anything can happen.
I sure hope not! :o

Well that's Sheff Utd. down then!

Nice. And about the part where you write' date='

I sure hope not! :o[/quote']

Well in an ideal scenario you and Spurs would both lose your next game, that would be proof anything could happen.[Especially since you play each other haha.]

Oh yea, Good luck 'Ernie'.

Brighton and Hove Albion 0 Chesterfield 2

Chesterfield have won two in a row, thanks to a resounding 2-0 of Duffman's Hove Albion. Good game mate.

I thought that we played the better football in the first half and we grabbed the deserved lead through Karim Ait Fana who returned back into the starting XI for Manitias.

The sending off of Palacio early in the second half sealed the result, in my opinion. A great free kick by Ekici provided Torbinsky a goal and he earned the MOTM, he hasn't lost a step despite going down to 87 rating.

Dagenham's lost the Wycombe cuts the gap from 2nd to 3rd to 3 points and the next two games against Gillingham and Colchester are going to be crucial if we want to push for an automatic promotion spot

Next up is Burrow's Gillingham

Damien Sandow (Sethlark) steered Stockport County to victory against Swindon Town.

Stockport County beat Swindon Town 3 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Cortêz scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Muntari and Elkeson were also amongst the goalscorers.

The Brazilians actually came out to play today! Even Muntari got in the act.

NEVES gets to the by-line and crosses the ball out to the edge of the penalty area.

MUNTARI controls the ball and looks for a shooting opportunity.

He hits one goalwards.

GOAL!! - It hits the post and bounces in.

Only downside was a very minor injury for Eduardo but he'll miss 1 match only. Too late to salvage playoffs but not too late to overtake Burton, who we play next.

Jay Gonzanez steered Aston Villa to victory against Burnley last night.

Aston Villa beat Burnley 2-1 in their Division 2 encounter.

Plasil scored a brace and was later voted the Man of the Match for his performance.

Good win for us, went behind when Sanchez opened the scoring for them in the 31st minute but two Plasil goals got us the victory. Happy with the win, we're now 9 points of relegation and was stay in 14th place. I'll hopefully be able to get Villa up a few more places in the table. Next up is Yeovil.

With Jooles firing out all these interviews I thought I would return the favour and do an interview with him, I have sent the interview and look forward to reading it when posted.I haven't done an interview for a while actually I think it was a couple of seasons back when I done some interviews backed up by Garymacks amazing graphics.

Sad to see Peterborough unmanaged hopefully that slot gets filled soon so as they get a reasonable chance of play-offs.

With Jooles firing out all these interviews I thought I would return the favour and do an interview with him' date=' I have sent the interview and look forward to reading it when posted.I haven't done an interview for a while actually I think it was a couple of seasons back when I done some interviews backed up by Garymacks amazing graphics.

[/quote']And most enjoyable it was too. Many thanks Dan, I really appreciate the gesture. The interview with Boro boss Jooles (me) can be read here :)

And most enjoyable it was too. Many thanks Dan' date=' I really appreciate the gesture. The interview with Boro boss Jooles (me) can be read [b']here[/b] :)

Great work with all the interviews, they've been fantastic. And well done to SMH too for interviewing Jooles :)

Gillingham brought to an end a run of six games without a win with a 2-1 win over Southend. Player of the Year David Nugent was on target again, with Emnes sealing the victory, despite Prodl's late goal. One more win and I'm guaranteed to finish outside of the bottom three.

Crucial game tonight against Rick's Southampton.

A win could lift us to 11th' date=' 12 points away from relegation. I just hope that we can bounce back from the shocker against Stoke :o[/quote']

Notts County come away with a 3-0 win :D

Unfortunately, plenty of teams below us managed to grab a win too, so we're only 10 points away from 18th now.

On the other hand, we're 9 points away from the play-offs ;)

18424.jpg

The offer for Cristian VILLAGRA of Liverpool from Brentford has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

He has been at us since Season 3, just been a squad player never making more than 10 appearances a season for us, still posted an average of 7.14 per game rating, wish him all the best at Brentford, decent player.

I am sure Sheffield United have you high on their wanted manager agenda' date=' plenty of oldies in there, well suited for you mate. :)[/quote']

Hi , sorry if anyone thinks I sat on the Sheff Utd offer for a while. Normally I reject all offers instantly but I needed a few days to think this one over as I think the dynamics of the game have altered dramatically recently.

The plus points for leaving were.

1) More money.

2) Better squad

3) Some nice young risers

4) Will probably have to dismantle my Yeovil in 1 or 2 seasons due to stupid new ratings.

Minus points

1) Yeovil job is unfinished business , as I still want them in D1.

2) A few too many high rated droppers.

3) Almost certain relegation.

4) Some idiot mullering my Yeovil side.

5) Not really having the time to rebuild another side.

In the end the minus points won by a goal or so, so I rejected at the time I guessed most forumers would be on when the results came in. If anyone had really wanted them sooner a pm or ingame would have sufficed.

thread-header.png

NEW BLOG FEATURE

At the start of the new season a new feature will be added to the blog called

EC7046 WAITING LIST

This has been ok'd by SM

Basically, new members wishing to join would put their name on blog "Waiting list" so they are alerted when teams are available

problem is, new managers wishing to join have to wait ages for a team only to find that a team becomes available when they are offline, so they miss out.

This frustrates managers'.

NEW FEATURE alerts the manager that a team is available

managers' who get job offers can give to whoever they like or whatever method thay wish. However, if they don't want the job offer they can PM me and i will alert the "waiting list"

more details to follow as the format is in progress.

The blog does NOT offer jobs or give jobs to anyone, it alerts new members of teams available so it helps them to get into the gameworld

comments/feedback/ ideas regarding are welcomed.

Transfer update:

Yildrim is leaving for 4+ mill.

If ANYONE is interested in Le Fondre then a bid of 3 million can guarantee him! Contact me ASAP. I have accepted a 2.4 bid, so be quick!

Leo Itaperuna is also for sale for cash. He WILL rise. He plays for FC sion, in Switzerland and has played 27 matches (2000+ mins). He is only rated 82, so a rise is on the cards. Make a bid of 2 mill and I will accept!

Hi ' date=' sorry if anyone thinks I sat on the Sheff Utd offer for a while. Normally I reject all offers instantly but I needed a few days to think this one over as I think the dynamics of the game have altered dramatically recently.

The plus points for leaving were.

1) More money.

2) Better squad

3) Some nice young risers

4) Will probably have to dimantle my Yeovil in 1 or 2 seasons due to stupid new ratings.

Minus points

1) Yeovil job is unfinished business , as I still want them in D1.

2) A few too many high rated droppers.

3) Almost certain relegation.

4) Some idiot mullering my Yeovil side.

5) Not really having the time to rebuild another side.

In the end the minus points won by a goal or so, so I rejected at the time I guessed most forumers would be on when the results came in. If anyone had really wanted them sooner a pm or ingame would have sufficed.[/quote']

I hear ya mate tough looking choice for you.

comments/feedback/ ideas regarding are welcomed.
I guess the only worry is that SM's link to the blog means that we might be getting more people who want to be in an all human setup but have no interest in being on the forum. We want this a forum-filled gameworld as much possible' date=' don't we? I guess we just need to manage the handover to new managers a little better, an age old problem...
Hi , sorry if anyone thinks I sat on the Sheff Utd offer for a while. Normally I reject all offers instantly but I needed a few days to think this one over as I think the dynamics of the game have altered dramatically recently.
Yeah, that was me I guess. Not having a pop as I know you do think about these things. It was more on the back of Norwich getting passed unmanaged from manager for 4-5 games and now look where they are.

I guess I was just saying that when in the relegation zone with just 5-6 games left every game counts but I get why you were considering it, totally your prerogative. Not that it matters anyway, with Longnose at the helm they're now as good as down! :P

And just posted the next of the season climax interviews, Gillingham's James Burrow :)

Dig dig bloody dig' date=' do you know Jooles there was a time that i almost considered liking you B)[/color']

EDIT: ..and your interviews suck.

Go on then fella, prove me wrong. Would love to have you in Div 1 next season. Just not sure about this Ernest Borgnine chap, he looks no more than a square Frank Sidebottom if you ask me!

frank-sidebottom.jpg

Colchester United 2 Accrington Stanley 2

14 games without a loss now for my Accrington boys, we couldnt quite get the three points we wanted here though. Another two goals for the ever consisstant Kelvin, making it 21 goals in just 22 games since joining the club from Birmingham City.

CABALLERO, Mauro joined the club in the week for just three million pounds from Northampton, could turn out to be a snip if he goes on and does well for Porto.

We also will be welcoming another face to the dressing room this week in what could be a massive signing for the club and see us break our record transfer fee, look out for that.

We welcome Leyton Orient to the Crown Ground next.

Go on then fella' date=' prove me wrong. Would love to have you in Div 1 next season. Just not sure about this Ernest Borgnine chap, he looks no more than a square Frank Sidebottom if you ask me!

[/quote']

Excuse me but leave Ernest alone...he is very sensitive B)

As for staying up, i don't see why not myself, 2 draws and a win from the first four and it could all go down to the Exeter game.

[H] - Bristol City

[A] - Tottenham Hotspur

[H] - Liverpool

[A] - Arsenal

[H] - Exeter City

Excuse me but leave Ernest alone...he is very sensitive B)

As for staying up' date=' i don't see why not myself, 2 draws and a win from the first four and it could all go down to the Exeter game.

[H'] - Bristol City

[A] - Tottenham Hotspur

[H] - Liverpool

[A] - Arsenal

[H] - Exeter City

As for staying you couldnt even win league 2 with a full strength man united squad thats why you are not staying up :P

So these days the price of abject miserable and consistent failings in the lower league equal a premier league job? :P Blimey we will see hammer at chelsea next season then :D

Welcome Ernest , He seems like a decent chap :)