English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Yet another tight and tidy performance from Boro tonight to edge out Ben's Spurs and go 5 points clear. Were we outdone on possession but with Spurs' strong but, dare I say tactically predictable team, we kinda expected to be.

Boro really turned the screw in the last 75 minutes though to step it up a gear a push on for the vital win. Casillas was on form and Augero in particular stepped up when needed to fill the void left by Xavi's absence. Ben, what's van Persie doing taking corners?

Felt we deserved more than we got away at 'Boro tonight' date=' but wasting chances will always come back to bite you on this game. I'm in the mindset that it's not over yet, but it's going to be extremely hard to come back from this. Another 'Boro win would put the nail in the coffin IMO.

Well done Jooles, good game :)[/quote']Cheers Ben, a great game. Not wanting to overstate anything but 7046 game of the season! Still a long way to go though and Boro have a tricky 4 last games so anything can happen.

Who were you sneaky trio bidding on?
Okay' date=' I hold my hand up. Andrei Arshavin :o

Huge game next against your lot, 7046 game of the season for sure! :D

Wow results really went my way. But alas, despite going 2-0 up against Bury, it finished 2-2.
Not one of the top 9 teams won. Crazy! :confused:

Liverpool go 15 games unbeaten in all comps with a closely fought out 1-0 win over MK Dons, Marcelo weighing in with the goal.

Unlucky Will.

Liverpool match the 3 year old record set by Studge back in 2010 for 12 games unbeaten in the league.

Congrats on the league win Jooles only a spanner could throw that lead away.

Congrats on the league win Jooles only a spanner could throw that lead away.

Maybe. Next up we have your lot then Arsenal. Two tricky looking ties. Spurs have Sheff Utd and Fulham. Not out of the realm of possibility that we could be trailing by a point with 2 games to go...

Maybe. Next up we have your lot then Arsenal. Two tricky looking ties. Spurs have Sheff Utd and Fulham. Not out of the realm of possibility that we could be trailing by a point with 2 games to go...

Well without Arshavin coming in you might struggle haha.

Bah !! the Blades do themselves very little favours as they are edged out 1-0 by Bristol City, looks like we had plenty of the game but nil pwa ( see that bit of French there ;)) for finishing. Of course its not all over yet but really needed something tonight...next up Bens **** ..how nice :(

edit : Bens front wheel skids

Exactly! I was only buying him really as he likes playing at Anfield :P

In real life, or on this ?

Has he played for us before I am not sure.

Anyway still close for the CL slots, still lots of clubs that could get in there, a couple players will be rested for us for the Boro game as we have the semi 1st leg against Man United couple of days later, Gomez is one of them, definitely playing are Rooney & De Jong who are suspended for the 1st leg anyways.

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against Manchester City.

Everton outclassed Manchester City and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Howard had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Baines and Fletcher were amongst the goalscorers.

Back to winning ways in emphatic fashion. Keeps my top 10 place cemented and leaves a chance at still squeaking into the top 4 :)

The offer for Leiva LUCAS of Everton from Walsall has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Needed a new stiker for the departing pair and this was the first offer that came along. Personally i think Adebyor is a load of tosh in real life but he should do enough to keep his 91 for the time being for his sheer minutes alone this season. Hopefully... hes better than bent anyways :P

Needed a new stiker for the departing pair and this was the first offer that came along. Personally i think Adebyor is a load of tosh in real life but he should do enough to keep his 91 for the time being for his sheer minutes alone this season. Hopefully... hes better than bent anyways :P

Thank goodness! No more woefull bids from Walsall for Dede anymore :P
In real life' date=' or on this ?

Has he played for us before I am not sure.[/quote']Real life. I was just looking forward to using one of those finger on lips celebrations in the MR. :D

I don't care if others disagree, Mo has to be the funniest man on SM. I mean, this can only be a joke, right?

Nottingham Forest have made an offer to Middlesbrough to swap Aleksandr ANYUKOV and Carlos CALVO for Mario MANDŽUKIĆ .

Thinking it over Mo...:rolleyes:

Damien Sandow (Sethlark) earned a draw with Stockport County against Burton Albion.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Stockport County and Burton Albion in their Division 4 fixture.

Lima scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Cortêz was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Match which just about sums up our season. Do the hard work to go 2-0 ahead, then 2 lapses in concentration from Cesar and Salino cost us.

I lost, no surprise there. :)

The bright thing is that We now sit on 4.8 (positive) million in our balance after selling my risers. I've been extremely elated with the profit percentages from all my 10 risers. I'm not even done and I think I'll wrap up another 2-3 million when I'm finished :)!

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Walsall 2-0 Northampton Town

D.STURRIDGE 63

M.DEMBÉLÉ 70

Back to winning ways against a strong Northampton side. Lost with 352 against 541 last game so decided to switch it up for the visit of Northampton and match them. Glad to report it worked out :P 4 games to go and were 5 clear for automatic but no easy games left, the biggest being a trip to Swansea on the penultimate day in which will likely be a title decider.

Leiva LUCAS has moved to Walsall (Tony Harman) from Everton (Sean Oneill) in an exchange deal for Emmanuel ADEBAYOR.

Pretty happy with this deal, was looking to get Ade out. Hasn't scored in an age, much like real life!

Chesterfield 2 Gillingham 2

Bitterly disappointed with a point but full respect to Borrow who played pretty well. Ekici's sending off pretty much denied us any opportunity for getting the three points on the day.

Really disappointed with Ekici as his sending off was for petulance rather than committing bad fouls. Paloschi and Rojo gave us the lead twice but Gillingham came back twice to grab a point.

Any hopes of grabbing a top 2 spot have hit a major roadblock and may be out of reach

A must win game against Colchester United coming up

What a testament to the competitiveness of the set-up with four games to go, only one relegation/promotion,play-off spot is already settled through all four divisions, that is Doncaster's relegation.

Awesome stuff!

In the top flight Jooles has bagged his place in next seasons Champions League, the other three spots are in play for the Champs League and all Euro Shield places are still in-play.

What a testament to the competitiveness of the set-up with four games to go' date=' only one relegation/promotion,play-off spot is already settled through all four divisions, that is Doncaster's relegation.

Awesome stuff!

In the top flight Jooles has bagged his place in next seasons Champions League, the other three spots are in play for the Champs League and all Euro Shield places are still in-play.[/quote']And has Hog0101 avoided relegation yet? Or has Dom secured mid-table obscurity?

And has Hog0101 avoided relegation yet? Or has Dom secured mid-table obscurity?

Carlisle, Bristol City, Liverpool, Spurs and Middlesbrough are all mathematically safe from relegation in top flight.

Not sure if bonus slot(s) will be awarded for Europe if Man United/Liverpool win the SMFA Cup and if Chelsea/Bristol City win the Smfa Shield.