English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Stephen Thompson steered Barnsley to victory against Peterborough United.

Barnsley beat Peterborough United 5 - 2 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

Kvist had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Pienaar, Arshavin and Arnautovic were amongst the goalscorers.

Barnsley record their first away win in 8 leagues game by battering the Posh 5-2. The result see's us confirm our place in the end of season play offs but my faint hopes of automatic promotion remain alive after Swansea could only pick up a point away at Sheffield Wednesday.

Should Walsall beat them in midweek and i beat Tranmere it goes to the final game of the season where Swansea play Birmingham and i play Sheffield Wednesday. Exciting stuff :)

• Replies 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom Latouche

• Jooles

• sirmarkhughes

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread LATEST ARTICLE ADDED TO THE BLOG... ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 7046'S TOP 25 LEAGUE GOAL SCORERS http://www.ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/english

English Championship 7046(51429) Set Up Creator (Aaron Duffy) Game World Id : 51429 Clubs Taken 80/80 (100%) Welcome to one of the most active and competitive Set Ups on Soccer Manager.

Posted Images

Liverpool draw 0-0 with Sheffield United ' date=' Ribery sent off in the 12th minute didn't help, poor performance by us but at least we continue our Club record run of Unbeaten games.

[b']After their result against Sheffield United, Liverpool are now unbeaten in 14 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.[/b]

Good game Dave.

Cheers Dan and likewise mate. Sitting at the bottom on G/D but ( mathematically) all is not lost. Huge game at the weekend at Arsenal a win there and defeats for West Ham and MK Dons could lead to an interesting final day of the season.

Incidentally what happens to the financial balance at the end of the season, is it still wiped out or do they carry it over nowadays?

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Walsall 2-1 Ipswich Town

K.STROOTMAN 32

D.STURRIDGE 78

N.ISIMAT MIRIN 88

Unbelievable scenes at Banks's Stadium as Walsall score twice in the last 15 mins to secure 3 points, enough to send us top with only 2 games remaining after Swansea threw away a 2 goal lead at Sheff Wed. Earned my corn tonight with a genius tactical change on 75mins if losing and seems it worked a treat. Fergie got nothing on me :P

Nice having our fate back in our own hands, automatic promotion almost assured with us being 6 points clear of 3rd with a better goal difference but we can win the title on Saturday night if we manage to beat Swansea. All still to play for :D

Newcastle United 0 - 5 Blackburn Rovers

Rondon, Rudy, Giroud and Hoilett fire us into the Division 2 playoffs!

Pieters breaks his face, so won't feature again this season. It is ok if we get no more injuries now please.

STILL OPEN FOR DEALS! I favour a 2 of my players for 1 or yours, type situation.

Bugger I manged to draw 1-1 and the only reasons it was a draw was Mertersackers long range punt and god damn Joe hart! :P

My team were worthy of 3 points and should have got it but well done to Ben on a hard earned point :)

Liverpool next without Carrick lol ' date=' And I could hand the title to Jooles if I take more points out of his rivals lol[/quote']

We will be playing our kids against you, the title is Boro's so youth will be given a chance.

Good win for us against a strong Bolton side. They took an early lead through Giovinco in the 11th minute but we equalised in the 31st minute through Salvio. Thought the match was done and it would end a draw but Rincon helped us out by fouling Sam in the box and Jelavic converted from the spot in the 86th minute to get us the win. We climb to 11th in the table currently on 51 points. Next up is a very tough match against Notts' date=' expecting a loss tbh. Continued our club record tonight:[/quote']

2 more wins Hancock and you might get in the playoffs! B)

well close to the end of season so a few players can go at West Ham

KEHL

CHIVU,

BOSINGWA

RIISE

CARDOZO

Might take cash offers but would have to be great really looking for a 89+ RB & LB and a AM or lower rated if the players offered have potential:D

Fair play to Longnose and Dom for getting solid results against quality teams. I agree Dom, both of you could well have won there but I'm very happy with a point :D

A very satisfying win though Boro. We were dominating the game but couldn't get the breakthrough until we pushed on @ 75 mins. The fans went wild when Dede of all people hammered in the winner from a free-kick. The lads really wanted it and the title is almost (though not quite) within our reach...

A HUGE win for the grumpy old troll at Bury too. Could we really be seeing Bury traveling to 7046's great stadiums like Old Trafford, Anfield, the Emirates and the Riverside? :eek:

Fair play to Longnose and Dom for getting solid results against quality teams. I agree Dom' date=' both of you could well have won there but I'm very happy with a point :D

A very satisfying win though Boro. We were dominating the game but couldn't get the breakthrough until we pushed on @ 75 mins. The fans went wild when Dede of all people hammered in the winner from a free-kick. The lads really wanted it and the title is almost (though not quite) within our reach...

A HUGE win for the grumpy old troll at Bury too. Could we really be seeing Bury traveling to [b']7046's great stadiums like Old Trafford, Anfield, the Emirates and the Riverside?[/b] :eek:

Ahem :D

With all respect to Dan, I think the title is yours now buddy. I know Dan also said so himself, so I'm hoping he's not offended by me saying that. Well done though mate, this season has produced a very tight title race (up until the last few games anyway :P) and I think you're the manager that deserves to be above the rest :)

Spurs managed to pick up a very rare (and I mean VERRRRRRRY RARE) point against Fulham, in a 1-1 draw at Craven Cottage. Mertesacker bagged our goal whilst Hulk scored for Fulham. A decent game and a fair result IMO. Good game Dom, mate :)

With all respect to Dan' date=' I think the title is yours now buddy. I know Dan also said so himself, so I'm hoping he's not offended by me saying that. Well done though mate, this season has produced a very tight title race (up until the last few games anyway :P) and I think you're the manager that deserves to be above the rest :)

[/quote']

Well said Ben yes I can't see me or you stringing two wins together in last two games and Jooles losing both games, it has been a fun season and Jooles is a deserved winner, I told him he was favourite for the title back in March.

03-25-2013 09:13 PM sirmarkhughes

Hey Jooles I am expecting you to win the title this season ,your the favourtite

Pity me or Ben couldn't muster a win tonight to keep it slightly interesting though, maybe Jooles will lose next game just for the lolz.:)

Luis Miguel Veigas was unable to prevent a Birmingham City defeat to Crystal Palace.

Birmingham City slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Crystal Palace in their Division 3 fixture.

Quaresma was on the scoresheet for his side.

LEADING THE GAME 1 - 0....

WE FAIL TO WIN AGAIN!!!

WE FAIL TO KILL OFF A GAME AGAIN!!!

PALACE WIN AGAIN AFTER MANAGER WAS AWOL FOR 21 DAYS, N DIDNT EVEN LOG IN TODAY FOR TACTICS!!!

YET CRYSTAL PALACE LOOK SET TO CLINCH A PLAYOFF POSITION!!!

NOTfHAPPYdotCOM

THIS LEAVE US IN A RIGHT BLOODY MESS NOW ONLY ONE POINT FROM RELEGATION BATTLE! I WILL NOT

QUIT, REGARDLESS OF WHERE WE WILL BE NEXT SEASON!!!

Fair play to Longnose and Dom for getting solid results against quality teams. I agree Dom' date=' both of you could well have won there but I'm very happy with a point :D

A HUGE win for the grumpy old troll at Bury too. Could we really be seeing Bury traveling to 7046's great stadiums like Old Trafford, Anfield, the Emirates and the Riverside? :eek:[/quote']

Bloody hell !!!!

2 to go . . . I'm bricking it

Good game tonight against Coventry . . .Total respect to their manager who has done a great job this season . . . But its not over by a long shot yet

Actually starting to feel nervous now . . . . .

Well if we lost tonight we were down. Our CB got sent off in the 16th minute. It was not looking good.

But, 42nd minute and Babel gets sent off for them. Still 0-0.

60th minute, Gilardino comes on and scores a free kick with his first kick of the game. Cue me going mental on the sofa :P

In the end we win 2-0 and come up off the bottom. 4 points off safety with two to go. Maybe, just maybe...

Bournemouth 2-1 Millwall

Brilliant night for my lads as they managed to come out of a very tight game with all 3 points. The win puts us 5 points clear of Millwall with only 2 games remaining' date=' so barring any silly stuff, we should be safe :)

Good game Craig, very tight, could of gone either way buddy. [/center']

yes, it was finely balanced but i felt we had to score first.

Got a bit of hope when we equalised but short lived and i came out from behind the couch to watch the remainder of the game

Chesterfield 1 Leyton Orient 0

An absolute massive result for Chesterfield, finding a way to win over Leyton Orient, good game Geoffrey. No doubt Geoffrey will feel aggrieved by not at least scoring one goal with so many chances at goal but Colossal Claudio Bravo kept everything out and returned back to solid form.

Unfortunately Chesterfield talisman Dmitri Torbinsky scored his last goal for the club with an injury which will see him out for the rest of the season.

In brighter news, new signing Leon Britton made the perfect debut for Chesterfield, grabbing an 8 rating and protecting the back 4.

The win puts us Chesterfield back in the hunt for a play off spot.

In transfer news,

Nemanja MATIC has completed his move to Walsall from Chesterfield for 4,000,000 plus Leon BRITTON

Although Matic is a brilliant talent as was our potential captain next season, with the deal which sees Britton and Lallana come in return. If both players can make an impact at the club, this deal could potentially work out for both sides.

Britton is a solid DM who can pass, tackle and puts himself in the right defensive position. I don't believe the hype about his passing percentage being higher than Xavi's but his ability to keep possession will suit our style perfectly and is a great fit for us.

Adam LALLANA has completed his move to Chesterfield from Walsall for 3,890,000

I highly rate Lallana and when he reaches 87 (which I know he will), he will be a force to be reckoned with. His dribbling, eye for a pass and his flair will make him a real threat in the final third, he will probably come in for the injured Torbinsky.

Next up is our bogey team Rotherham United

My risers have really made me money over the past few days.

Benjamín INOSTROZA has moved to Leyton Orient (Geoffrey) from Universidad de Chile in an exchange deal for Patrick OCHAN.

Ochan rose from a 60 to a 64 which didn't help me at all. I don't mind swapping for a 16 year old professional. The last time I went for a minor was none other than spending 10k on Razvan Popa. Popa now finds himself with a contract at my favourite club. :)

Ahh Dan, why do you do this to me :(:P.

After a bit of a chat last night with Niall Taylor (West Ham), I decided to invite him to a friendly tonight and he accepted.

I need to try out few different tactics to see if they help in the last 2 games of the season to avoid relegation.

Yeah it was a friendly, but I saw few positives from that game.

This morning I found out that Nilmar dropped -2 in his ratings, not going to lie I knew he would drop but not 2 and def not so bloody soon. Anyways not bothered as much, as I'm sure he will still be very successful at Birmingham.

One main positive out of so many tonight, was Nilmar scoring both goals, and Quaresma assisting both. The two players I believe can help me get out of this mess we are in.

Bit more confident now after that 2 - 1 win.

Thanks for the friendly Niall!!!

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 - 3 STOKE CITY

IT'S OFFICIAL ... STOKE CITY CHAMPIONS OF THE 2nd LEAGUE

Manchester+City+v+Stoke+City+FA+Cup+Final+quTxyJ30sVol.jpg

1 STOKE CITY © 36 29 74

PIATTI, Pablo (Goals: 9, Assists: 32)

ETO'O, Samuel (Goals: 19, Assists: 8)

BRIAND, Jimmy (Goals: 18, Assists: 8)

Jay Z : '' I'm really happy , it's fantastic , i remember the last season we lost the playoffs , now we are first , fans was screaming my name , it's wonderful it was really hard , but finally our first title , this is the best day of my life , our dream come true , we struggled till the end and now we do it , before the end , with 76points , it's awesome ... but we will continu to work , to prepair to make transfert we have many target like Papiss cissé , demba Ba , Ribery , we have to be ambitious to be among the good team in the world '' !!

The sad reality of being for a smaller club is that there is little room for sentimentality

Dmitri TORBINSKY has completed his move to Tom from Chesterfield for 4,565,600

Our talisman since my arrival at the club has departed, his injury which sees him out for the season, his wage and the excess in players has resulted in one of our best players leaving.

His 5 season stay at Chesterfield came to an end, his last two seasons at the club have been extraordinary (33 goals and 24 assists in the last two seasons) and he has been our MVP for the last two seasons.

Sadly with the arrival of Lallana and the growing wage bill, Chesterfield couldn't afford him especially with the possibility of play-off around the corner.