English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious promotion challenge.

No surprise. Have a feeling i am going to be in for a tough season this time round.

Start the season at home to Northampton which is a tough fixture.

Good luck to all :)

This season your Chairman expects you to avoid relegation.

Never expected anything else. I'd like to think that I have improved the squad on from last season. Hopefully Fred keeps scoring the goals with his form last season, and that we wont miss Cassano too much. Saloman Kalou will start up-front alongside Fred and it would be great if he could aim for 10+ goals this season.

Last season we let in 72 goals, which was the fourth worst in the division. Hopefully with the additions of Morel and Marcelo, who will both be playing regularly, the defence will be a bit more secure. Ecuele-Manga and Kucher both look set to stay in the team which will be pivotal for if there are any injuries/suspensions.

Despite competition, it looks like Rasmus Elm will be playing for us this season.

In terms of schedule, our first game is against Arsenal..... :rolleyes:

This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious title challenge.

Pretty much what I expected (he says). Hopefully the chairman doesn't change his mind when I win the Choker award :P

Our first game of the season is exactly what I wanted/thought it would be :D Good luck Raz, lets hope for a good first game!

In terms of the CL, we've been drawn in a group with AC Milan, Benfica and Shakhtar.

Paul SCHOLES has now retired and you have been awarded £3,740,000 in compensation.

:(

Paul's been a good servant to us, but he's retired in real life so he had to go in here as well I'm afraid.

The loan offer for Wilfried ZAHA of Tottenham Hotspur from Tranmere Rovers has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

Apologies to anybody else that might have wanted Zaha on loan, but Ben at Tranmere is a manager that is very trustworthy with loans, as he's shown with Ox over the past couple of seasons (and other players from other teams I'm sure). Best of luck with Zaha, Ben! :) I'll be doing a list of who else is available for loan soon.

Personally I'll have much more expectations for the team. A Brian Clough approach will be taken here.

• Keep relatively low wages

• Ban all players from Twitter during the season

• No Clubbing after wins... I know what those young lads are like

• 3 trainings a week following a win, 4 trainings following a loss or draw

• If beaten by at least 3 goals the team might as well relocate to the training facilities. Mattresses and basic rations of food will be provided. Anthony Modeste will not get any extra.

• Finish below top 6 and most of the squad will be sold to China

Tranmere Rovers have signed 5 new players following the end of the season and leading up to the new season, Makoto Hasebe, Raul Rodriguez, Aleksandr Samedov, Jelle Van Damme and Niko Kranjcar all completed moves to Prenton Park.

We got Hasebe in a straight swap for Andy Wilkinson, Raul Rodriguez come cheaply, nothing special but he will do as cover, £1.7M plus Holosko went for Samedov, £537K+Mathys went for Va Damme and we gave away Markus Rosenborg to get former Tottenham midfielder Nico Kranjcar.

Marko Basa and Jonathan Walters who came here from Blackburn when we sold them Cannavaro will also have their first season with us, Wilfred Zaha has completed his move to us on loan from Tottenham.

So theres been quite a few changes, looking at our team i think theres only 3 players here who were here before I came to Tranmere, thats Ryzhikov, Cacau and Elmander. :)

This season your chairman expects you to avoid relegation

Bugger that :P, he rightly said that last season after we got promoted but we finished 6th, Im confident of a top 5 finish this time round, hopefully top 2 anyway.

Apologies to anybody else that might have wanted Zaha on loan' date=' but Ben at Tranmere is a manager that is very trustworthy with loans, as he's shown with Ox over the past couple of seasons (and other players from other teams I'm sure). Best of luck with Zaha, Ben! :) I'll be doing a list of who else is available for loan soon.[/quote']

Thanks mate, will try give him plenty of game time! looks like hes got a good record when he does play, 31 goals, 24 assists from 76 games. :)

This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious title challenge.

Seriously? Wonder if he's arranged to sign some players I'm not aware of...

Few loans available at Carlisle, perhaps a few transfers too if the right players are involved...

Relegation won't be a problem at all, i'm pushing for at least a top 6 finish this season after just missing out last term.

Please anyone contact me with any deal proposals they may have, Player Like Kuyt rated 90, Mamaev rated 88, Ladislav Krejci rated 86 aged just 20, snodgrass rated 87, Renat rated 88, maxwell rated 89.

Everyone is up for sale, apart from Adriano and Piazrro. Please contact me or just make an offer! Thank you

Deals Done!

Delighted to have been able to complete some deals today;

The offer for Scherrer MAXWELL of Plymouth Argyle from Leeds United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Maxwell is a top player, but i need to cut down on wages; Jay rodriguez and Diego Contento join in a straight away.

The offer for Sergi ROBERTO of Ipswich Town from Plymouth Argyle has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

4.3 million plus gaya and tin jedvaj, nice to have a young player that will play a key part this season.

Pleasure doing deals, with both leeds and Ipswich.

Hopefully more deals to come soon.

This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious promotion challenge.

What? That's unrealistic!

Jamie CARRAGHER has now retired and you have been awarded 6,620,000 in compensation.

:( Carra, I love you for what you did here at Orient.

Anyways, I'm gutted I lost out on Biava. He's played tremendous minutes for a good Lazio side and was very cheap.Reminder to everyone that Osvaldo is still for sale!

Anyways' date=' I'm gutted I lost out on Biava. He's played tremendous minutes for a good Lazio side and was very cheap.[/quote']
Giuseppe BIAVA has completed his move to Rotherham United from SS Lazio

Sorry Geoffrey, I had him in mind then had to make a move for him as my alternative option was at external and looked as if a bidding war might kick off.

Our back 3 this season will now be 20-year old Diego Reyes providing the pace with 36-year old Biava on one side and 35-year old Van Buyten on the other :o, but I'm not too concerned as guys like Lisandro Lopez, Bogdan Butko, and Lucas Mendes should rise soon plus we also have Nervo, Manolas, and Mladenovic coming through the ranks.

And as if they all weren't enough defensive cover:

Luca CALDIROLA has completed his move to Rotherham United from Brescia Calcio

The Italy under-21 captain should have a good future ahead of him but will probably need to play at a higher level than Serie B before he'll rise from 85.

One final signing today:

Pesqueira JOSUÉ has completed his move to Rotherham United from Paços de Ferreira

I first read about Josue around 4 years ago on a SM thread and he had a fair amount of hype about him then but it's only this season that he has finally risen to his current 85.

Pacos finishing 3rd in Portugal (only behind Porto and Benfica) will have helped with that, and still only 22 and knocking on the door of the Portugese squad he could be another former wonderkid like Nicolas Lodeiro who will hopefully reach new heights in a Rotherham shirt! :D

Down to my last few million now and as it'll get eaten away by wages will probably spend it on a few more youths or possibly one more older first-teamer if it's an appealing deal.

Would've had £6m more if not for yesterday's top transfer:

Gonzalo BERGESSIO has completed his move to Rotherham United from Manchester United for £6,000,000

Delighted with this as it gives us a 28-year old solid 88 striker who's 13 goals for Catania helped them finish 8th in Serie A this season, so if he starts well next season he might even hit 89.

Cheers to SOP for a nice straight forward deal, much easier to deal with than another team who had listed a striker for cash and then tried to turn it into a p/ex deal :rolleyes: (and folk wonder why 95% of my deals are with external!)

This season your Chairman expects you to gain promotion.

No big surprise there, in my time at Rotherham we have finished on 51 points, then 56, 57, 62, and 65 last season.

In the last 3 seasons 67 points has been the magic number for the D4 2nd-place automatic promotion spot, so if we can just add an extra couple of victories to last season's performance then we'd be in with a great chance of avoiding any play-off nonsense :)

Things will get off to a tricky start though as we play Doncaster and Hatlrpool in the opening two games and both of them were in D3 last season and so will be among the favourites to go up :eek:.....but bring it on! B):D

This season your Chairman expects you to avoid relegation

Nothing more than I expected really

This season will be a great challenge for Chesterfield to stay up but if we keep the injuries/suspensions down to a minimum, I'm confident we can stay in Division 3.

Chesterfield have had a busier than usual transfer window in the off season and have made some key additions to the squad. Sulejmani, Britton and Lallana will make an impact on the first XI whilst the versatile Vogt and Knudsen will provide good depth for us.

So excited to get started again in Div 3!

You better watch out

You better not cry

Better not pout

I'm telling you why

EC7046's votes are coming to town!

He's making a list

And checking it twice;

Gonna find out Who's naughty and nice

EC7046's votes are coming to town!

Well, nearly. Still counting 'em. Will get them up ASAP. A couple of days at least...

Oh, and err, can anyone remember if the awards ceremony report comes before or after the awards? I kinda forget. You'd think after, right? :confused::o

Too be fair that would be a bigger achievement than your title wins :D
That is very fair Dom. Sadly my bid for Ronaldo has been snubbed so that's probably it for me this season. Bloody exhausting work let me tell you. I'm not sure where Raz gets all the energy from to shamelessly harass people hour after hour! :P

What my chairman really said was' date='

This season your Chairman expects you to qualify for a SMFA competition.
Bloody cheek! Especially if Alurcard's boss is expecting a title challenge! Does my chairman know something that I don't? Are we going to do a Mo or Dom this season?! Christ, I hope not! :eek:

Oh and Longnose, any update on when the pre-match minutes silence for Latty will be? :(

Absolutely no comment on the Sunderland-Ipswich Bender for Mirallas transfer...:o

Well' date=' nearly. Still counting 'em. Will get them up ASAP. A couple of days at least...

Oh, and err, can anyone remember if the awards ceremony report comes before or after the awards? I kinda forget. You'd think after, right? :confused::o

That is very fair Dom. Sadly my bid for Ronaldo has been snubbed so that's probably it for me this season. Bloody exhausting work let me tell you. I'm not sure where Raz gets all the energy from to shamelessly harass people hour after hour! :P

What my chairman really said was,

Bloody cheek! Especially if Alurcard's boss is expecting a title challenge! Does my chairman know something that I don't? Are we going to do a Mo or Dom this season?! Christ, I hope not! :eek:

Oh and Longnose, any update on when the pre-match minutes silence for Latty will be? :(

Absolutely no comment on the Sunderland-Ipswich Bender for Mirallas transfer...:o[/quote']

Jooles..you really want to take my p!ss?I think you already go over the top and you should shut up if you don't know all the parts.It was a part of De Gea deal and we still have 2 more deals to do.Like I said if you can't do a deal its not my problem.Your attitude is rubbish and expected A LOT more from you.Nevermind anyway.Seems like a manager in the best setup of SM can't do a deal anymore because Jooles doesn't like it.

Jooles..you really want to take my p!ss?I think you already go over the top and you should shut up if you don't know all the parts.It was a part of De Gea deal and we still have 2 more deals to do.Like I said if you can't do a deal its not my problem.Your attitude is rubbish and expected A LOT more from you.Nevermind anyway.Seems like a manager in the best setup of SM can't do a deal anymore because Jooles doesn't like it.
Lighten up fella, I said I was NOT commenting on it so really you have no idea if I approve, disapprove, or don't give monkeys ;)