English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

The offer for Luís FABIANO of Bristol City from Leyton Orient has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Just logged in and a 5.2 million bid has been accepted for Fabiano!

I lost 3-1 to Ahmad's Juvesfield :o. I had 12 shots in total and 4 on net while Ahmad had 6 in total but 3 on target! He also had 58% posession so I do feel the stats may justify the result! Seems like 4-4-2 diamond doesn't work!

I lost 3-1 to Ahmad's Juvesfield :o. I had 12 shots in total and 4 on net while Ahmad had 6 in total but 3 on target! He also had 58% posession so I do feel the stats may justify the result! Seems like 4-4-2 diamond doesn't work!

I prefer setting the attacking style to down the wings myself Geoff' date=' might be worth a try next time?[/color']

I don't mind giving it a go :). I've been trying all off season to get a new tactic :P.

I'm not sure if there is any hard and fast rules with all of this Geoff' date=' but if you don't have large numbers in the middle then try to quickly get the ball out wide. A few years ago me and a guy called JC spent hours, weeks, months ( like many others no doubt) trying to work a fool proof guide to tactics...the result?, we got bloody nowhere. :D[/color']

I'm not sure if there is any hard and fast rules with all of this Geoff' date=' but if you don't have large numbers in the middle then try to quickly get the ball out wide. A few years ago me and a guy called JC spent hours, weeks, months ( like many others no doubt) trying to work a fool proof guide to tactics...the result?, we got bloody nowhere. :D[/color']

You do know you have a label (not by me of course :P ) of being the worst manager to ever grace 7046? :P

Should you leave this to a expert which is certainly not me :D SOP is the man for tactics! He can work a single formation dry and get results!

ps hes got a man united while you have a dank , horrible , disgusting Leyton orient :D Ps not a attack on your team It was just Orient in general! :D

You do know you have a label (not by me of course :P ) of being the worst manager to ever grace 7046? :P

Should you leave this to a expert which is certainly not me :D SOP is the man for tactics! He can work a single formation dry and get results!

ps hes got a man united while you have a dank ' date=' horrible , disgusting Leyton orient :D Ps not a attack on your team It was just Orient in general! :D[/quote']

Actually Dom, i think it was a rumour i started and one i fully expect to continue to justify..and are we talking about the same Simon who played 3-5-2 ,spread over 8 accounts each containing 12 teams continually for 5 years ?. If so you are right, he remains a testimony to the genius of consistency.. :P

hes got a man united while you have a dank ' date=' horrible , disgusting Leyton orient :D Ps not a attack on your team It was just Orient in general! :D[/quote']

I hear your team has been so dreadful they are planning to call you Full-of-Feces next season :). Leyton Orient is the pride of London in this set-up :D.

Screw you Dom :mad::P

I forgot your an Orient fan :D Poor guy :D

Actually Dom' date=' i think it was a rumour i started and one i fully expect to continue to justify..and are we talking about the same Simon who played 3-5-2 ,spread over 8 accounts each containing 12 teams continually for 5 years ?. If so you are right, he remains a testimony to the genius of consistency.. :P[/color']

Haha :D People go on about Jooles and Danny being the tactical geniuses but I think Ben Newman and Si are the 2 tactical geniuses everyone should rave about as they stick to one tactic as they know it works (Or they are lazy punks :) )

I hear your team has been so dreadful they are planning to call you Full-of-Feces next season :). Leyton Orient is the pride of London in this set-up :D.

Feces? That wasnt the word you used first time round was it? :D

The pecking order in London is as follows

Fulham

Tottenham Hotspur

Chelsea

West Ham United

Arsenal

Charlton Athletic

Crystal Palace

Queens Park Rangers

Millwall

Barnet

Brentford

Dagenham & Redbridge

Bromley

Fisher Athletic

Hampton & Richmond Borough

Hayes & Yeading United

Sutton United

Welling United

Corinthian-Casuals

Cray Wanderers

Croydon Athletic

Dulwich Hamlet

Kingstonian

Molesey

Tooting & Mitcham United

Metropolitan Police F.C.

LEYTON ORIENT

Ive missed a few clubs but thats the order in London in SM and the only difference in RL is put arsenal at the top :D

You include Corinthian-Casuals but leave out AFC Wimbledon? You're a disgrace Dominic! :P

And deluded as ever I may add :D

Oh hush up :P My point was clear to see :D That wasnt including the womans sides of london who are above Orient as well :D

And I only speak the whole truth and nothing but the truth :D

LuisFabiano_2319394.jpgOsvaldo-Italy-150x150.jpgRodrigo+Palacio+FC+Internazionale+Milano+v+HS8QLzb29wSl-150x150.jpg

Fabiano-Osvaldo-Palacio

FOP aka "Force of Power"

This is the new triumvirate of 7046! :) It's going to be great to play all three of these guys up top for Orient next season! Hopefully, they can replicate the likes of Lavezzi , Cavani, Hamsik or Baggio,Ronaldo,Vieri or even Iniesta, Xavi, Messi.I don't think I'll sell Osvaldo anymore to be honest. :o

Of course this means that Orient must have a good attack next year and their will be no excuses for no shows in goals.

Haha :D People go on about Jooles and Danny being the tactical geniuses but I think Ben Newman and Si are the 2 tactical geniuses everyone should rave about as they stick to one tactic as they know it works (Or they are lazy punks :) )

They do?! Awesome. Though really Newman & Si aren't tactical geniuses (genii? :confused:), they just ride on the fact that most others aren't either. And well that is a-changing...

Speaking of genius, well done to Gozzy's Leicester for beating Boro 2-1 in, err, ahem, yet another of the meaningless pre-season friendlies that SM throws at us. 0 for 3. Freaking 0 for 3!!! :mad::P

played Spurs and beat them 3 times in a week knowing the tactic I picked beat him every time unless he changed it but polar opposite is I lost 3 or 4 times to Sop he played same every time but I lost them all but I changed to try and beat it so that's the balance between switching up formation or sticking with one.

I remember I once beat a guy with a 3-3-4 attacking formation, first time ever :D

played Spurs and beat them 3 times in a week knowing the tactic I picked beat him every time unless he changed it but polar opposite is I lost 3 or 4 times to Sop he played same every time but I lost them all but I changed to try and beat it so that's the balance between switching up formation or sticking with one.
Yep, nothing to do with tactics, just riding on high ratings inherited from being one of the top teams at the beginning and hoping that enough managers don't know how to beat that tactic (let's just call it 'the 4-2-3-1').

Funnily enough, I've never really had success by playing the exact same formation/tactic against a team with lower ratings, kinda like against Gozzy today, which makes me think that formations/tactics don't work the same at home as away...

Yep' date=' nothing to do with tactics, just riding on high ratings inherited from being one of the top teams at the beginning and hoping that enough managers don't know how to beat that tactic (let's just call it 'the 4-2-3-1').

Funnily enough, I've never really had success by playing the exact same formation/tactic against a team with lower ratings, kinda like against Gozzy today, which makes me think that formations/tactics don't work the same at home as away...[/quote']

Your away form was exemplary this season , the best in d1 at least.

Your away form was exemplary this season ' date=' the best in d1 at least.[/quote']Thanks. I think there were a couple of teams further down the leagues that were better than us but yeah, it does make you think that certain counters work better against say 4-2-3-1 away from home than at home. I do think there's a tactical sophistication coming to more and more managers, as demonstrated perhaps by SOP's fall down the league. It's gonna get harder and harder I'm telling you.

In other news, if someone is willing to join me I'm willing to sponsor the Cup this year with the winner getting a GM or custom, whatever they prefer. Only if I have a co-sponsor for the Shield. There'll be a couple of extra rules of course, I wouldn't want to make it too simple, but any takers to join me in co-sponsorship?

Thanks. I think there were a couple of teams further down the leagues that were better than us but yeah' date=' it does make you think that certain counters work better against say 4-2-3-1 away from home than at home. I do think there's a tactical sophistication coming to more and more managers, as demonstrated perhaps by SOP's fall down the league. It's gonna get harder and harder I'm telling you.

In other news, if someone is willing to join me I'm willing to sponsor the Cup this year with the winner getting a GM or custom, whatever they prefer. Only if I have a co-sponsor for the Shield. There'll be a couple of extra rules of course, I wouldn't want to make it too simple, but any takers to join me in co-sponsorship?[/quote']

I will co-sponser Jooles - people on here were really good to me when I was unemployed, paying for Gold membership ect - be good to give back now I am in a position to

I will co-sponser Jooles - people on here were really good to me when I was unemployed' date=' paying for Gold membership ect - be good to give back now I am in a position to[/quote']Top man Si. So there you have it, the English Cup and Shield will be sponsored this year! Details to follow...

Gozzy raikkonen has guided Leicester City to a Charity Shield Final win against Middlesbrough!! Leicester City beat Middlesbrough 2 - 1 in the final to lift the trophy.

Osman scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Valdez was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Leicester City have won the Charity Shield!

Nice way to open the season :D

Nicolas N'KOULOU has completed his move to Aston Villa from Nottingham Forest for 24,904,000

Delighted to get N'Koulou worth every penny. Has a good chance of a rise to 90 and with his addition I'm happy with my defence. Very very rare that you can get a CB who's under 25 and has a good chance of rising to 90 in 7046 so I splurged the cash for him.

Im only stating what ive heard lol ' date=' Iker is still got talent mate but he has had a massive loss of form but form is temporary but class is forever :P[/quote']

Muniain is still a huge talent, he's had a bad season because of his position change but he still has a very bright future ahead. He has amazing ball control :)

I forgot your an Orient fan :D Poor guy :D

Feces? That wasnt the word you used first time round was it? :D

The pecking order in London is as follows

Fulham

Tottenham Hotspur

Chelsea

West Ham United

Arsenal

Charlton Athletic

Crystal Palace

Queens Park Rangers

Millwall

Barnet

Brentford

Dagenham & Redbridge

Bromley

Fisher Athletic

Hampton & Richmond Borough

Hayes & Yeading United

Sutton United

Welling United

Corinthian-Casuals

Cray Wanderers

Croydon Athletic

Dulwich Hamlet

Kingstonian

Molesey

Tooting & Mitcham United

Metropolitan Police F.C.

LEYTON ORIENT

Ive missed a few clubs but thats the order in London in SM and the only difference in RL is put arsenal at the top :D

See, Dom knows how it is doesn't he! :D

I'm both ;)