English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

You're too slow ' date=' old man :) but you do wonderfully to catch up to all of us!

[center']whitlock.jpg[/center]

Jooles shown here running after the younglings of 7046.

:)

I think you'll find it's you lot chasing me, not the other way around ;)

Norwich 3-3 Bournemouth

A great game to get the season under way which saw my lads battle from 3-0 down to grab a point. Lopez got a goal and an assist but got a match rating of 4, dont know how that quite works :P

We welcome Leicester on Wednesday :)

Tranmere 1-2 Crystal Palace

Kevin De Bruyne put the visitors in front, Niko Kranjcar put us level on his debut before the hour but Pablo Aimar beat Sergey Ryzhikov from the penalty spot to get the three points.

Bad start to the season for us, up next is a trip to Reading on Wednesday.

Geoffrey earned a draw with Leyton Orient against Brentford.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Leyton Orient and Brentford in their Division 4 fixture.

Lugano and Olić were amongst the goalscorers.

Good point at Brentford considering that they are perennial playoff chasers in Division 4. We took the early lead with Lugano and Olic getting the goals.

Interestingly enough once I made my wingers push up to make runs, Brentford got two back and gained the point. So, I guess It's back to the chalk board but I know how to work some better tactics. It didn't help that Gargano got a red and Fabiano was quite poor on his debut.

Lastly, Osvaldo has come off his transfer ban so the triumvirate of Palacio, Osvaldo, and Fabiano could be released this Wednesday against rivals Stockport County in the North American Brawl for Superiority!

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Walsall 2-0 Watford

M.KLOSE 14

S.DOWNING 29

The Saddlers get off to a perfect start to life in Division 2 as we send my brothers Watford packing empty handed, Klose was bought in this summer to get goals so was happy to see him netting on his debut and we kept a clean sheet as well.

Record crowd watches Walsall. 11,075 fans turned out to watch Walsall against Watford breaking the previous home record attendance.

Will enjoy the extra revenue this season thanks to increased capacity. Thank you Mr Chairman

Oh why can't we play (my favorites for the title) Man City every week?! Starting Augero, Mandzukic & Samuel on the bench plays off for Boro with a satisfying 2-0 away win :)

Lost Dede for 5 weeks and Alvarez for 3 weeks though, which could prove costly. Can't complain really, apart from losing Milito for the first 3rd of the season last campaign we were very lucky with injuries.

And how's that unbeaten run coming along Dan? ;)

Oldham Athletic 1-2 Burton Albion

7' - M Diouf

Mame DIOUF plays a great 1-2 with Rubén CASTRO.

DIOUF carries the ball into the penalty area and goes for power with the shot.

GOAL!! - It's too good for MARCHETTI and ends up the back of the net.

17' - A Meier

DIOUF curls a low ball towards the back post from the corner of the penalty area.

MEIER smashes it.

GOAL!! - MARCHETTI doesn't react in time and the ball ends up in the back of the net.

46' - G Denis

MCEACHRAN receives the ball out wide.

He makes space for the cross and strikes the ball into the box.

DENIS directs a header towards goal.

The keeper dives to try to make the save.

GOAL!! - It hits the back of the net.

% - 42-58

Total shots - 14-10

Shots on target 11-8

Corners - 3-5

Burton's two star players secure hard fought victory, Mame Diouf scored the first, setup the second and was man of the match.

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

BRISTOL ROVERS 1 MILLWALL 2

MILLWALL started their debut in D4 with a fine 2-1 away win.

Millwall started with new signings in the team and a new formation.

CHAMAKH was rested for pre season friendlies and it paid off when he opened the scoring on 44mins

ROSENTHAL equalised on 56mins

Millwall's Ji SUNG PARK scored direct from a free-kick to take the points.

All new signings had a good game

our team will be rotated and formation will change pending on the players selected, hopefully making us more difficult to predict.

Damien Sandow (Sethlark) steered Stockport County to victory against Colchester United.

Stockport County beat Colchester United 7 - 4 in a thrilling Division 4 encounter.

Elano was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Lima and Neves were also amongst the goalscorers.

Pure insanity in this away match as we lead Division 4 from the get go. Last season’s Division 4 top scorer Ighalo scored twice to put Colchester ahead, but Elano :D single handedly got us back to 3-3 with his hat-trick. We then scored 4 goals in the last 15 minutes to win it. Next up is the American-Canadian derby against Leyton Orient and Geoffrey. Didn’t get much satisfaction in my last 2 matches against him (drew 0-0 and won 4-3), maybe he’s not that terrible after all. Only if pigs fly. :)

Lost 2-1 to Spurs in a pretty even game.Could be worse...

Yeah, good game buddy. Unlucky :)

As Raz said, Spurs beat Sunderland 2-1 on the opening day of the season, which is my first opening day win for ages (we usually fail to win against Dom :P). Cavani opened the scoring for the visitors a few minutes before half time, but Gerrard and Bale managed to grab a goal each to swing the game in our favour. Good stuff! I slightly altered some things tactically before this game, so hopefully they'll help us out in upcoming games too.

Next up is the American-Canadian derby against Leyton Orient and Geoffrey. Didn’t get much satisfaction in my last 2 matches against him (drew 0-0 and won 4-3)' date=' maybe he’s not that terrible after all. Only if pigs fly. :)

Whatever the outcome, I reckon controversy will arise from this. I already heard from certain sources that you've persuaded UFC Fighter Jermaine Jones to help develop your squads Brazilian Jiu-Jistu.

NbiyJGkrWF4

Stockport UFC Coach Jermaine Jones has made it necessary for the Stockport squad to master the sweeping low kick. :)

Oh, and massive thanks to Ben for the loan of Kirchhoff :)!

Whatever the outcome' date=' I reckon controversy will arise from this. I already heard from certain sources that you've persuaded UFC Fighter Jermaine Jones to help develop your squads Brazilian Jiu-Jistu.

[YOUTUBE']NbiyJGkrWF4[/YOUTUBE]

Stockport UFC Coach Jermaine Jones has made it necessary for the Stockport squad to master the sweeping low kick. :)

Oh, and massive thanks to Ben for the loan of Kirchhoff :)!

Oh heck, forgot to thank SMH for the loan of Marquinhos. And there's no need for the UFC fighter when the USMNT has this guy.

121211142649-jermaine-jones-story-ap-single-image-cut.jpg

Leicester City 0 Chesterfield 2

Chesterfield got the perfect start in Division 3 with a 2-0 against current English Cup winners Leicester City. Good game Gozzy.

A perfect game in my eyes, we scored 2 goals and capped it off with a clean sheet, an excellent performance by our new captain Claudio Bravo grabbing the man of the match and leading by example.

Mehmet Ekici scored from a dead ball situation and gave us the early lead and a timely Garmash goal sealed the result on 75 minutes. Great start for us but up fortunately Garmash is out for about a game or two, so we will need to reshuffle our midfield but things are looking up =)

Next up is Peterborough