English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Bury 1-4 Tottenham

Biggest away win we've had in a long time! Both Bale and RVP netted twice in the 4-1 win away at Bury tonight. It's good to see that my two best players are coming up trumps when called upon. Remy also grabbed a goal for Bury in the first half' date=' when he ran through on goal and slotted home to make it 1-1 at the time. The result moves us up to 4th, but it's still very, very early days yet.

Good game Neil, unlucky buddy :)[/quote']

Tottenham destroyed Bury tonight.....

Respect to the Totttenham manager........Respect to you Ben

The good old GOLD member lifts its head again.......

The influence a GOLD MEMBER has at the moment is amazing.....

Ruins the game for me......But I guess this ***** game has to get funds from somewhere

Not taking anything away from Ben in that statement......Win is a Win

Respect to the Tottenham manager

I could be giving the match engine waaay more credit than it's due but tonight you played 'attacking' and were pressing 'all over' - if these are regular tactics that you use it could be why you feel you suffer more than your fair share of offside decisions as maybe your strikers are a bit too quick off the mark?
In fairness (not that I am one to talk with my aging stars) it's hard to imagine Raul (35)' date=' Chamakh (29) & Park (32) being "a bit too quick off the mark" :P

Ruins the game for me......But I guess this ***** game has to get funds from somewhere

It's the only reason I buy a gold membership these days. I mean, winning the World Cup in season 7 (8?) is fun and all but really for me having one is all about trying buy a league win :eek:

Just out of interest though, how come Stoke, Bury & Sunderland (all non-gold) finished above the 6 gold managers in Div 2 last season? :confused: Maybe it is just nothing to do with it all? (except when you lose. The same sort of thing as only noticing when the supermarket queue you're in moves slowly?) ;)

Speaking about buying a win, non-gold member 1, gold member 5. A great win for our boys away at Bristol City. Another storming 2nd half performance and we're back on top :D

A Thiago Neves strike midway into the first half against Bristol Rovers is enough to return us to first in Division Four. However' date=' we face our biggest challenge yet- Accrington Stanley (they're in a false position)[/quote']

Unlucky for Bristol. Stockport are still a bad team though :). I predict a mid season collapse!

Unlucky for Bristol. Stockport are still a bad team though :). I predict a mid season collapse!

To be fair, it was like the Orient-Shorpe game a week ago, the loser would have felt hard done. :P Anyway, our boys train hard instead of drinking maple syrup cocktails at the bar. We'll be fine.

In fairness (not that I am one to talk with my aging stars) it's hard to imagine Raul (35)' date=' Chamakh (29) & Park (32) being "a bit too quick off the mark" :P [/quote']

To be fair to Millwall they were being marked by Biava (36), Mathijsen (33), and then for the last 15 minutes, Van Buyten (35) :o

We also had Ambrosini (36) 'chasing' back in the anchor role so when I say "quick off the mark" I guess it's all relative....! ;):D

To be fair' date=' it was like the Orient-Shorpe game a week ago, the loser would have felt hard done. :P Anyway, our boys train hard instead of drinking maple syrup cocktails at the bar. We'll be fine.[/quote']

4155592292_Maple_Syrup_xlarge.jpeg

Well, I've decided to get it straight from the pipe now :D! Hopefully, our maple syrup loving squad can bounce back from our bad start :)!

While maple syrup addiction may not be a problem in Stockport' date=' coffee sure is. :D[/quote']

In the NCAA, Caffeine is limited to about 14 micrograms/ml. Improved dribbling skills and more accurate shooting have been found in research when players have drank Coffee before games. :)

Caffeine is one of the best-tested ergogenic aids (substances, devices, or practices that enhance an individual's energy use, production, or recovery) and is known to help athletes train harder and longer. Caffeine stimulates the brain and contributes to clearer thinking and greater concentration.

Perhaps Seth is using performance enhancing drugs on his Stockport Team? :eek: It clearly shows in their enhanced energy on the pitch, and late late night game after parties. :)

Chesterfield 3 Swindon Town 1

Very pleased to get the three points today against current Division four winners Swindon Town. We dominated possession but Swindon Town made a good fist of it but we made the most of it of our opportunities.

Swindon Town took the early lead through Van Dijk but Italian hitman Alberto Paloschi showed his clinical nature by grabbing a brace while Denys Garmash scored in between to seal the result.

Another pleasing piece of news for Chesterfield is Albert Duncan who had helped Livorno to get promoted into Serie A and rose from 78 to 83 and according to Leyton Orient's Geoffrey, he is one to look out for in the future :D

Also Luca Antonelli 87 (LB/LM) may leave Chesterfield if the right offer comes along.

Next up is struggling Ipswich

Last night's MR (same format as the one I did for Wednedsay's match :).

Click Here for M/R

@Craig I've reduced the size of the report and think it looks better now and have increased the text as much as I could (not including the text on the right hand side that is the player name).

How does it look it look in the blog now? More readable?

It's the only reason I buy a gold membership these days. I mean' date=' winning the World Cup in season 7 (8?) is fun and all but really for me having one is all about trying buy a league win :eek:

[/quote']

Have i missed something here?, i never knew Gold membership gave you any advantage?:confused:

surprise surprise...

Birmingham City slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to Northampton Town in their Division 3 fixture.

Rivière was on the scoresheet for his side

Did say there would be goals...and that if we didn't win we'd get wrecked!

Gillingham are still yet to win, this time drawing 3-3 with Burton Albion. Nugent, Watson and Taylor all managed to open their accounts for the season, but goals from Canas, Meier and Moreno pegged us back. Looking at the stats, it was set to be a tied game, but Gillingham extend their winless streak to 5 games, and sit bottom of the league with just two points.

The offer for Antonio ROZZI of Dresden from Leyton Orient has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Lovely stuff :). He's done great for the Primavera with 11 goals in 11 matches. He's also scored 3 goals in 8 games with the Azzurri Under 19 squad!

Lazio fans seem to really like the kid so I don't mind getting him :).

Have i missed something here?' date=' i never knew Gold membership gave you any advantage?:confused:[/color']
Me neither TBH. Just the ramblings of a crazy old man maybe? :o

I had a quick look at the fixtures yesterday. Out of the games involving the 41 gold managers, by my quick count there we 22 that had a GM vs. non-GM match-up. By my reckoning the goldies won 6, drew 7, and lost 9. Conclusive proof of a conspiracy if ever there was some... :eek:

Not sure what happened to SM's bias when Bury beat Fulham last Wed :confused:

Still:

Now here's some cherries to pick :)

1-cherries-on-the-tree.jpg

Ooh' date='

Hmm, how about:

Nobody aged 24 and under can play and no players from Spain and Argentina can play.

Okay, just setting tactics now. Aston Villa to play the winner.

EDIT: Crikey, good rules! I can only get 14 players from my entire squad! I had to stick a ringer goalie in :o

Niall Taylor earned a draw with West Ham United against Leeds United.

The match ended 1 - 1 between West Ham United and Leeds United in their Division 1 fixture.

Michu was on the scoresheet for his side.

Not doing that great again this season:o

Fulham have been awful in the last 3 games as Ive tryed to change it round but we have been hopeless :P

Ive actually just renewed my gold membership but made sure I brought credits first to make it slightly cheaper for me and Ive only done it for a year :P The bias of a gold manager? Thats rubbish , If your a good manager you win things as simple as that ;)

Fulham have been awful in the last 3 seasons as Ive tryed to change it round but we have been hopeless :P

Ive actually just renewed my gold membership but made sure I brought credits first to make it slightly cheaper for me and Ive only done it for a year :P The bias of a gold manager? Thats rubbish ' date=' If your a good manager you win things as simple as that ;)[/quote']A timely reminder perhaps that all you non-GMeys out there bleeding points left, right and centre can pick up some extra wins next season by winning a GM in the Maple & Thistle Cup and Shield sponsorship :)

Hmm' date=' how about:

Nobody aged 24 and under can play and no players from Spain and Argentina can play.[/quote']Nice win Ben. A Xavi/Agueroless Boro go down 2-0 to Tranmere in the Winner Stays On. Next up, Tranmere vs. Villa. Any challengers after that? If the challengers and winners could organise this as they go on and keep it going that'd be great :D

Liverpool have made a counter offer to Nottingham Forest to exchange Ahmed MUSA and Mohamed SALAH for Didier DROGBA.

I know I've always been against naming and shaming...but this one was too good to pass up. Not mad, I appreciate the cheekiness...just wanted to share it with the rest of the 7046 world :P

Unfortunately, Forests' cash is starting to dry up, but after something like 30-40 youth transfers, I think I'm pleased with our business. N'Koulou's money has been well spent :)

Nice win Ben. A Xavi/Agueroless Boro go down 2-0 to Tranmere in the Winner Stays On. Next up' date=' Tranmere vs. Villa. Any challengers after that? If the challengers and winners could organise this as they go on and keep it going that'd be great :D[/quote']

I'll give it a shot?

:)