English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Hey guys,

Loving all the hard work everyone is putting into 7046, from the blog articles on transfers, TOTW and everything else, to the M/R reports, to the Predictions thread. We truly are the undisputed #1 setup on SM, don't think any setup can compare with us at this point, at least not in terms of activity and member involvement.

Was a tad disappointed with our result in the midweek, as we dominated possession, but a 3-3 away draw after going down 0-2 early on is not the end of the world. We'll be looking to bounce back vs Chelsea; they're significantly better than us, but we've fared better against better teams so far this season, so we'll see how it goes.

Hello lads.I am sorry about Div 4 predictions as I was out for whole day and Hazr was at work so we couldn't do them.We promice that we gonna pay off in next week.

Also Ozzy pulled off from Predictions team so we need a new member for Div 3

Another game where we dominate but can't make our advantage pay off. Iniesta scored with a free kick, Dzeko responded with an equalizer.

2-4-1...seems I always pick up an excessive number of draws to start the season. Hopefully we can get back to winning soon.

Another defeat to derby! 2-0! They r a far better side but still!

Not too disappointed at the performance as I fielded a lot of the younger lads.

Come July/August all the older and higher rates players are leaving. I will most probably get relegated but I'm not bothered. I will bounce back eventually with future stars.

Don't care how long it takes me but I will not walk from this Birmingham team!!!!

Peterborough 3-2 Swindon Town

69' Free kick to Peterborough United wide of the penalty area.

DYER tries to bend a low one around the wall.

GOAL!! - It's well placed and beats the keeper.

74' Free kick to Peterborough United to the left of the box.

DYER strikes the free kick underneath the wall.

GOAL!! - The ball goes in near the base of the post.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQrLmhKdl5QvfJXrEvz0J757X6ytKm252NWDCIWlcn-bH1uK2B

Free Kick master!

Hancock (Forum) earned a draw with Aston Villa against Portsmouth.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Aston Villa and Portsmouth in their Division 2 fixture.

Kiessling scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Jagielka was also on the scoresheet for his side.

*sigh*

Yet another draw, our 5th of the season (from 7 matches!). We were lucky to get a point from it tbh, onto next match. We have a bye in the Shield so automatic progression. Face league leaders Burnley in the league next, predicting a 3-1 loss.

Stephen Thompson steered Barnsley to victory against Chesterfield.

Barnsley beat Chesterfield 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Hamouma scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Arshavin was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Barnsley go level on points with table toppers Northampton after our win tonight. By no means a classic but we just did enough to get past Chesterfield who have adjusted to life in division 3 very well.

Cup game against Sheffield Wednesday on Monday then we welcome 3rd place Southampton to Oakwell.

Leeds 1-2 Tottenham

I always hate playing Leeds because they're such a bogey team of mine in this setup, but today turned out to be our lucky day against them for once. Van the man once again excellent in front of goal, as he netted twice in this one, which means that he is now joint top scorer with Ozil on six goals. Farfan grabbed Leeds' goal in the second half, but it didn't have much of an impact on the game in the end (for once :P). Good game Akif, unlucky buddy!

Following this result, we are now top of the table :) (Until someone, most likely Jooles or SoP, comes out of the blue and wins the league themselves, whilst we finish in 4th :rolleyes::eek::D;)). Or will they? I'm determined not to let it happen again :P

Fulham battle past West Brom as some reserves like Gervinho ' date=' Shaw and Hegeler are really fighting to stay in the team with good performances :)

Now we must battle Manchester united with a fully fit Pedro to go in the cup team (saved him tonight just for Si :P )[/quote']

Ahh, the good old days of Gervinho on loan at Tranmere. Back in the days when he was the hottest talent on SM :P

results

I predicted

Bolton to Win 2-1.They won 4-2

Burnley to win 3-2 .they won 3-1

Aston Villa to draw 2-2.They did draw 2-2

Watford to win 1-0.They lost 5-1

Notts county to win 3-1.They lost 2-1

Newcastle to draw 2-2.Sheff united won 1-0

Predicted Rochdale to win 2-1.They won 1-0

Predicted Blackburn to win 2-1.They won 2-1

Predicted Walsal to win 3-1.They drew 0-0

Predicted MK dons to win 3-2.They won 3-0

Not bad for first time :)

Also good point vs Tony Walsall :P

Tranmere Rovers won 0-1 away at AFC Bournemouth, Japan captain Marko Hasebe got the winning goal after 12 minutes.

The win takes us up to 9th, a point behind the play offs, home to Chesterfield next league game after weve played Bristol Rovers in the Shield on Monday.

Bury 1 Middlesboro 1

Good game against the current and previous champions of 7046

Bury had the better of the game and could have won it ....Remy missed a Pen

But Jooles will reflect on the sending off towards the end of the game

Overall a Draw was in my opinion the fair result for both sides....

Pleased with a point

1-1 draw with Gillingham, had more possession but my Brazilians were unable to break them down. Fittingly, it would be Muntari who came up with the goods. :P We fall to 3rd, but we have an exciting top of the table clash against Rotherham.

Bury 1 Middlesboro 1

Good game against the current and previous champions of 7046

Bury had the better of the game and could have won it ....Remy missed a Pen

But Jooles will reflect on the sending off towards the end of the game

Overall a Draw was in my opinion the fair result for both sides....

Pleased with a point

Yeah, good game mate, a fair result. Got murdered on possession but disappointing to concede on 89 mins, 87th minute red card or not.

Wasn't 100% focused on the game TBH as Calgary's messed up right now. Some 150,000 people evacuated from their homes due to flooding, including myself.

Well I wasn't as I had just flown to Toronto for a break with my family, only having to fly back to move our possessions out of our home so we don't lose them all to flooding. Some $700 27 hour holiday that was! We seem to be okay though, but some people's entire homes are underwater! Crazy.

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Preston North End 0-0 Walsall

MATIC receives the ball just outside the box

He dinks a ball through to KLOSE.

KLOSE tries to slot one under the keeper.

Goal GOAL!! - The keeper gets a foot to the ball but it deflects into the net.

Goal ruled out for offside. OFFSIDE - Clever play by the defence left KLOSE offside when the ball was played.

MATIC sees a gap in the defence and threads through the pass.

KLOSE works himself into a shooting opportunity and gets the shot away

GOAL!! - The ball zips across the turf and flies into the corner of the net!

OFFSIDE - KLOSE shows his anger at the linesman as the goal is ruled out for offside.

Bitterly disappointed to only come away with a point having had 2 Klose goals ruled out for offside, thought we played very well against a top side in Preston. Would of easily took a point before the game but now feels like 2 points dropped. Still we remain in 3rd after 7 games which is a great start for a side that nobody tipped pre season. Huge game up next as we welcome Arsenal :eek:

Bit of transfer news:

Daniel STURRIDGE has moved to Derby County from Walsall in an exchange deal for Fernando LLORENTE.

Been approached a few times for Sturridge and said he wasn't for sale but this is the reason I don't set my players as unavailable (apart form Dembele). Think the offer was simply to good to turn down and head over ruled heart on this occasion. We wish Danny the best of luck but with Klose being 35 Llorente seems a good choice to be a main striker for the foreseeable future. Hopefully he hits the ground running at Juve.

Chesterfield 1 Barnsley 2

Chesterfield went down 2-1 to Barnsley but was a good indicator for how far we are from the top sides in Division and I'm glad to say that we aren't that far off. Alberto Paloschi continued his good form for the Spireites by grabbing the equalizing goal but Barnsley's Asharvin proved too irresistible and grabbed Barnsley the points on the day.

Unfortunately De Silvestri picked up a knock but is only out for a game or two, captain Bravo had a horrible game between the posts and Lallana had his first bad game since signing from Walsall.

Next up is Chelsea in the cup, another tough assignment

Barnsley go level on points with table toppers Northampton after our win tonight. By no means a classic but we just did enough to get past Chesterfield who have adjusted to life in division 3 very well.

Congrats steve on the win, I have great respect with what you are doing with Barnsley and I will be ready next time we face off :D

Chesterfield 1 Barnsley 2

Chesterfield went down 2-1 to Barnsley but was a good indicator for how far we are from the top sides in Division and I'm glad to say that we aren't that far off. Alberto Paloschi continued his good form for the Spireites by grabbing the equalizing goal but Barnsley's Asharvin proved too irresistible and grabbed Barnsley the points on the day.

Unfortunately De Silvestri picked up a knock but is only out for a game or two' date=' captain Bravo had a horrible game between the posts and Lallana had his first bad game since signing from Walsall.

Next up is Chelsea in the cup, another tough assignment

Congrats steve on the win, I have great respect with what you are doing with Barnsley and I will be ready next time we face off :D[/quote']

Thanks bud. Was a very tough game and you i think you will be fine in this division .

That was our 4th away win of the season in all last season we only won 5 games on the road so things have changed in that respect. Still not counting my chickens but it's a good start to the season with top of the league Northampton the only side to beat us thus far.