English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Ben-SCFC (Forum) steered Tranmere Rovers to victory against Sheffield Wednesday.

Tranmere Rovers beat Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Ryzhikov had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

An own goal from Sebastien Bassong put us ahead, Jonathan Walters could of later doubled our lead from the penalty spot but he missed, just wasnt his day :rolleyes:

Luckily in this game it didnt matter :P

Move up a place to 7th.

521.png

Division 2

Stadium: St James' Park (52,387)

Attendance: 27,553

Newcastle United 2-4 Walsall

M.Vucinic 8

F.Llorente 26, 88

R.Rosales 77

M.Dembele 34, 57

Walsall's unbeaten run stretches to 8 games, tied for the club record. Having won 6 of the 8 The Saddlers have rocketed up the table and with results going our way tonight we move up to 3rd. Dembele seems to have rediscovered his goal scoring touch since moving back into the center with 3 in 2 for the skipper. Up next we welcome basement boys Rochdale where anything other than defeat will set a new club record.

Back from a break away although my hours at work are still limiting my time at the minute :(

Stephen Thompson earned a draw with Barnsley against Derby County.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Barnsley and Derby County in their Division 3 fixture.

López scored the only goal for Barnsley and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

A decent result against the league leaders we was very close to nicking all 3. We remain in 5th position and i am now looking to get back amongst the automatic promotion hunt.

Crystal Palace 1-1 Birmingham

Now gone 14 matches unbeaten and we just will not give up hope in games. In fact I noticed the other day that we have only lost twice this season in the 23 league matches. We would be miles clear at the top of the table if we could finish matches off, too many draws.

Bit disappointed that we couldn't beat the bottom side in the league but at least it's better than the defeat we were looking at when Ebert scored for Birmingham but Doumbia hit the equaliser just past the hour mark.

At least Derby drew too so no harm done in that respect so the title race continues :D

Chesterfield 2 Dagenham 0

Chesterfield grab 3 wins in a row, thanks to a 2-0 win over rivals Dagenham. In a game where Chesterfield dominated possession, we made the most of our opportunities with the returning Alberto Paloschi scoring the opening goal through another Sulejmani assist.

Dagenham's Alcaraz forced a penalty by a badly mistimed tackle on Sulejmani, new boy Mikel San Jose converted the penalty and I think that we have found our new pen taker!

We jump into the play-off positions for the first time in the season but more importantly we are 3 points away from the hallowed 40 points for safety

Next up is Swindon Town

Hancock (Forum) steered Aston Villa to victory against Sheffield United.

Aston Villa beat Sheffield United 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Begović had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Van Ginkel was on the scoresheet for his side.

Good win for us against Sheffield, unlucky Longnose.

An early 3rd minute goal from Ginkel was enough to get us the win. Both teams has a player sent off, Sheffield lossing Pereira in the 55th minute and Evans getting sent off for us in the 80th minute.

They had quite a few chances so pretty pleased with the victory :).

Tottenham drew 1-1 with Bristol City last Wednesday and we beat Exeter 1-0 on Saturday night. I'm on my phone at the minute so I can't really go into detail but we remain in second spot and it looks as if our luck has dramatically changed over the past few weeks. We've gone from a winless streak to an unbeaten run. Not that I'm complaining :)

Good games guys.

thread-header.png

PREPPENS got HULL CITY job

Here's the waiting list updated

WAITING LIST

INGLIS 77

SHYNE6

RICHARD007

ELTON

NASH2STAT

ESKISITO

.RC

DANCPOLI

KRIS DUGUID FINDLAY

RUTTS66

BRUMMIE LAD

PM me your forum name if you would like to be added to the WAIT LIST

Been keeping an eye out for one of these guys' date=' a few haven't been on for quite a few days.

I have the [b']Colchester[/b] offer so if anyone is interested get in touch - i'll be checking in at various times this evening so might just need to do first come first served :)

Been keeping an eye out for one of these guys' date=' a few haven't been on for quite a few days.

I have the [b']Colchester[/b] offer so if anyone is interested get in touch - i'll be checking in at various times this evening so might just need to do first come first served :)

good of you to think of the people on the waiting list

they deserve a chance after waiting so long

hope you can find one online at some point

Ipswich Town 0-2 AFC Bournemouth

Very impressive win for my lads as we dominate this tricky away tie and come away with all 3 points. With all the top 6 winning, it didn't change much in the table, however we face Barnsley on Wednesday, which could prove to be a very important game.

In other news, Ideye Brown will be making his debut Wednesday after agreeing a bumper 5 year contract with the club. :D