English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Stephen Thompson steered Barnsley to victory against Peterborough United.

Barnsley beat Peterborough United 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Pienaar scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ryazantsev and Arnautovic were also amongst the goalscorers.

Superb win tonight but the result is soured with the news of injuries to two key men.

Andrey Arshavin and Maxi Lopez both look set to miss the remainder of the season. A real body blow as we enter the run in.

I predict I will win 1-0 tommorow :P

I will be annoyed if you score more than 1 let alone 8 :P

dan malone steered Liverpool to victory against Fulham.

Liverpool outclassed Fulham and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

García scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Bonucci and Ribéry were also amongst the goalscorers.

Javi Garcia has been a revelation , 2 man of matches and a couple of goals .

Unlucky Dom:)

Crystal Palace 2-5 Derby

Well title hopes took a major blow tonight. Derby score 5 goals with their 5 shots on target, two of which were penalties. On both occasions Santon was the offending player which is very frustrating.

Don't think we deserved to lose in the manner we did but I guess that is SM these days :rolleyes:

Gozzy raikkonen steered Leicester City to victory against Ipswich Town.

Leicester City beat Ipswich Town 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Weidenfeller had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Athanasiadis was on the scoresheet for his side.

Leicester fantastic form continue as loanee Athanasiadis scored brace to secure the win against Ipswich. Athanasiadis has been great since coming on loan, scoring 7 in 11 games,making him Leicester 2nd top scorer,only behind Joaquin. I'm now 10 points away from playoff spot so i hope i can make miracle to somehow end up in playoff

Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 0 STOKE CITY

A draw .... what else ...

Sala DIOUF said :

loool what do you want me to say , we played a very difficult match at away , with the team ranked 2nd, we suffered with they stars Robin Van Persie , Gareth Bale or the International German Kheria , i really think that we was going to lose the match , but fortunately for us , it finished 0-0 . I'm really satisfied to this score, we played very well but it wasn't obvious .

Hancock (Forum) steered Aston Villa to victory against fierce rivals Wolverhampton Wanderers in the West Midlands Derby.

Aston Villa outclassed Wolverhampton Wanderers and thrashed them 8 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Kiessling scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Jagielka and Sam were also amongst the goalscorers

Goodness me! I certainly didn't expect this result! They even scored the opener! Aigner faces his old team for the first time and he absolutely destroys them! 4 GOALS!!!

521.png

Division 2

Stadium: Stadium:mk (25,702)

Attendance: 17,636

MK Dons 2-2 Walsall

J.Moutinho 9

A.Kokorin 23

J.Moutinho 24

M.Klose 38

Happy with a point away against a very strong MK Dons side. Kokorin managed to score on his debut following his arrival from Newcastle midweek. Every game seems like a big game at the minute, on a real tough run of games and it's extremely close for the play off spots. We head to high flying Blackburn on Saturday who will be in high spirits after seeing off Arsenal. Think I'd be more than happy with a point again and hope 1 or 2 results go my way. My draw tonight saw me rise 2 places so every point counts.

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

CARDIFF 2 MILLWALL 6

A great result for MILLWALL at the Cardiff City stadium

RAUL opened the scoring after only 3 minutes, however Cardiff equalised on 5 mins.

MARCHESE (33mns), ALMEIDA (36mins) and ALVARO(39mins) put Millwall 1-4 in front at the interval.

ALVARO scored on 69mins and 80mins to put Millwall 1-6 up.

Cardiff scored late consolation to make it 2-6 at full-time.

ALVARO - HAT-TRICK - ONE ASSIST - MAN OF THE MATCH

BILYALETDINOV - 5 ASSISTS

QPR 1 Chesterfield 3

The good times continue at Chesterfield with a 3-1 over QPR. This win extends our unbeaten record to 8 games and we have reached the dizzying heights of 3rd place.

Chesterfield had to make a few changes with a season ending injury to Granat and Ekici's suspension, Lallana and Koo made a rare first team appearance and they performed impressively, especially Koo.

The Spireites made their intentions known from the opening kick off with a quick fire goal from Marcos Rojo in the opening minute of the match, QPR stuck back through Ya Konan however Chesterfield but the result beyond doubt through goals to Sulejmani and Koo.

A bit of transfer news to report as well

Lorenzo DE SILVESTRI has completed his move to West Ham United from Chesterfield for 11,130,000

The offer was too good to turn down and eventhough we lose one of our most consistent players, his money will keep us sustained for a little while yet. Its just part and parcel of being a small club

Fabian JOHNSON has completed his move to Chesterfield from Notts County for 6,500,000

Really glad to get this deal done with Afron, we revamp our fullbacks position, his versatility to play on both flanks will help tremendously and financially he's worth $6.7 million, so will at least make back what we put in which is good news

Apologies for not posting as of late. I'm moving house this month and the Internet has been cut off in preparation for us moving, but luckily I have 4G on my phone which is allowing me to have wifi. It's complicated, but basically I can't use my laptop for the Internet, so I've not been as regular.

Reserves out in force to take on Forest , With Hulk , Capoue , Gervinho all be out on show but Tomas Rosicky will be the main man tonight :)

Luke shaw can go out on loan but Im not enitirely bothered if he does or not as im giving him regular gametime in the PL when he was 83 and didnt look out of place :) But now hes 86 so if anyone wants him on loan he can go as long as he does get gametime (dosent have to start for you ) :)

boooom!

Southend United 5-0 Gillingham

After loosing 2 games vs Bristol Rovers and Accrington Stanley we're back on track scoring a fiver vs Burrow's Gillingham. Our fierce rivals Rotherham United lose their 4th game on a row, this time vs Shorpe United.

Next victim: ....Rotherham United:D:D:D

Div 3

GS PTS

1.Rotherham United

21 54

2.Southend United

26 51

---------------------------------------------------------------

3.Shorpe United

9 51

4.Shrewsbury Town/Stockport Country/Wycombre Wanders 48 pts

Ben-SCFC (Forum) steered Tranmere Rovers to victory against Peterborough United.

Tranmere Rovers outclassed Peterborough United and beat them 4 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Cacau scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Atsu and Salihović were also amongst the goalscorers.

Needed make sure we win tonight keep near to the play offs and with this result we stay in 7th two points behind the last play off spot.

Home to Leicester next.

Stephen Thompson steered Barnsley to victory against Leicester City.

Barnsley outclassed Leicester City and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Arnautovic scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Pienaar and Aogo were also amongst the goalscorers.

A superb result against a side who were 11 games unbeaten going into the game. Leicester were reduced to 10 men early on but we was 1-0 to the good before that.

We climb to 5th put are now just 2 points off the 2nd automatic promotion spot.

Up next we welcome Norwich City to Oakwell

Mark Preston steered Newcastle United to victory against Portsmouth.

Newcastle United beat Portsmouth 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Lewandowski was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Touré was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Lewandowski nets his 2nd hat-trick within 2 games thus moving the Toon upto 11th and 3 pts off the playoffs

Chesterfield 1 - 1 BIRMINGHAM

Luis Veigas earned a draw with Birmingham City against Chesterfield.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Birmingham City and Chesterfield in their Division 3 fixture.

Eremenko scored the only goal for Birmingham City and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Decent result, happy with getting the one point from this game.

That's 3 games now unbeaten so I'm feeling a little more confident about the relegation battle.