English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Reading 0 Chesterfield 3

Chesterfield's unbeaten run stretches to 10 matches with a dominant 3-0 display against Reading. The game was shaped by Sobiech's red card but we were good enough on the day to take our chances and get a valuable three points.

Man of the match Alberto Paloschi was a constant menace to the Reading defence and they had no answer to him. Our Italian spearhead gave us the lead in 32nd minute thanks to a firm header. Reading looked to have equalised through Benteke but was denied by the linesman.

After Sobiech's sending off, Chesterfield took the ascendancy through Miraleum Sulejmani strike in the 68th minute and then sealed the result late on with a Jack Cork header in the 87th minute.

A game of firsts, Jack Cork's first goal for the club and Fabian Johnson made his first appearance for Chesterfield, coming off the bench.

Next up is a massive game against Crystal Palace

Got Bristol Rovers on offer if any1 is looking to get in. No way im leaving my Accrington:D

Hi there - I'd be chuffed to get in to 7046 - I hope you might consider me for Rovers.

I've been in 7777 for a while, and also 28697' 28888' 26335

Not a gold manager - but if you can let me know via PM I'll give you my details.

Cheers

Richard (aka The Butcher of Montevideo)

Hi there - I'd be chuffed to get in to 7046 - I hope you might consider me for Rovers.

I've been in 7777 for a while' date=' and also 28697' 28888' 26335

Not a gold manager - but if you can let me know via PM I'll give you my details.

Cheers

Richard (aka The Butcher of Montevideo)[/quote']

there's a waiting list in the blog

PM me if you'd like on it

yes

he 3rd on it' date=' waited ages[/quote']

ye, and can't see why not jump to him as others not really making them selfs heard.... richard comes across as loyal too.

and i think 7046 thread would benefit too has he posts some funny stuff too as well of the usual match reports.

Wayne Harman has made it clear he will never leave his Accrington side leaving the door open for a new manager to join Bristol Rovers...

Wayne Harman has agreed and is happy for 'Richard007' to take over the job there at Bristol Rovers.

Just waiting for both to be on-line at same time and sort the take over. :)

Wayne Harman has made it clear he will never leave his Accrington side leaving the door open for a new manager to join Bristol Rovers...

Wayne Harman has agreed and is happy for 'Richard007' to take over the job there at Bristol Rovers.

Just waiting for both to be on-line at same time and sort the take over. :)

heard it all before by previous managers promising wait list a team only to find that wait list was ignored

their choice but I will believe it when it when I see it :rolleyes:

hopefully it will all go thru and another wait list member gets a team to make the waiting worth while...eventually

Peterborough United vs BIRMINGHAM CITY

Div 3 clash

Birmingham's very poor season has left them with a second relegation battle in their hands for the second season in a row. With only 8 games left Birmingham need to up their game and get these valuable points as soon as they can.

Here is how the table stands after 30 games. 5 teams are going to battle it out for safety now from 16th position to last obviously. But to be honest I don't think any of the club bellow 12th are safe of yet.

League positions and points

12 Peterborough 38

13 Leicester City 37

14 Southampton 37

15 Plymouth 36

16 Birmingham 31

17 Swindon Town 30

18 Sheffield W 28

19 Norwich City 28

20 Hull City 26

Teams Form

Birmingham City's last 6 games

[A] 2 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday - Won

[H] 0 - 1 Derby County - Lost

[A] 3 - 0 Hull City - Won

[H] 0 - 0 AFC Bournemouth - Drawn

[A] 1 - 1 Chesterfield - Drawn

[H] 2 - 1 Southampton - Won

Peterborough's last 6 games

[H] 2 - 1 Dagenham & Redbridge - Won

[A] 1 - 2 Swindon Town - Lost

[H] 1 - 0 Ipswich Town - Won

[A] 0 - 3 Barnsley - Lost

[H] 1 - 4 Tranmere Rovers - Lost

[A] 3 - 2 Queens Park Rangers - Won

As form goes both clubs are doing similar with only 2 points in the last 6 games splitting them apart.

Players to watch tonight

Peterborough - Nathan Dyer with 15 goals and 8 assists in 26 games is the most obvious danger man in the Peterborough squad.

Birmingham - Alessio Cerci due to start for the second time since joining Birmingham is a player not to be ignored. Will be looking to get on the score sheet as soon as possible in his Birmingham career.

Going to be a very tough game for Birmingham tonight, specially with a decent manager in there bossing Peterborough.

Good luck to everyone involved in important games tonight...B)