English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

thread-header.png

EC7046 BLOG REPORTERS WANTED!!

Got a team in EC7046 ?

Become an OFFICIAL BLOG REPORTER and write about your team.

You can write an article after each game or just ONCE a week.

• NO STRESS

• NO DEADLINES

Positions available

If you have the passion and time to publish articles, PM me for access

Stephen Thompson was unable to prevent a Barnsley defeat to Swindon Town.

Barnsley slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat against Swindon Town in their Division 3 fixture.

Ryazantsev was on the scoresheet for his side.

Really poor performance leads to an easy night for Swindon although it was made harder with Pienaar being sent off but no complaints from me Swindon were by far the better side tonight.

Next up an impossible looking trip to Portman Road to take on Ipswich were we will be missing SIX players through injury and suspension. The list reads

Loric Perrin - injured

Ruslan Rotan - injured

Steven Pienaar - Suspended

Vladimir Bystrov - Suspended

Andrey Arshavin - injured

Maxi Lopez - Injured

What have i done to deserve that :rolleyes:

Aldershot-fans-008.jpg

Winning start for Aldershot Boss

Aldershot fans are celebrating tonight after new Manager Gaz steered his young team to a 4-1 win away at Gillingham.

James Burrow's struggling Gills looked shellshocked as the Aldershot stormtroopers blitzed the homeside with 3 second half goals from Traore and a Balde brace after the teams went into the break level through early goals from N'Zonzi for the visitors and Garcia for the homeside.

Aldershot now welcome league leaders Rotherham next where Gaz will be pitting his wits again fellow legendary Scottish Manager Stuart (Machine) Lauder.

Hancock (Forum) steered Aston Villa to victory against Watford.

Aston Villa beat Watford 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Kruse scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Evans was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Good win against Watford, our loanee from Huddersfield - Max Kruse scores his 9th of the season :).

Ben-SCFC (Forum) steered Tranmere Rovers to victory against Dagenham & Redbridge.

Tranmere Rovers beat Dagenham & Redbridge 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Ryzhikov had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Machado was on the scoresheet for his side.

Sneaked it against Dag&Red, Machado got his first goal for the club.

With Bournemouth losing theres now a 5 point cushion between us in 6th and them in 7th.

Away to Swindon on Saturday.

Fantastic comeback for Birmingham!

Birmingham maintain their good form after beating Leicester stretching their unbeaten run to 6 games. Still tense and crazy due to most of all the teams down the bottom of the table winning tonight, so this win really does not change much of the relegation battle story!

- First half Leicester dominated the match, luckily for Birmingham their goalkeeper Costil was on top of his game and the sides went into the break with Leicester leading by just the 1 goal from a Adrian goal. Birmingham could have easily been losing by more than 3-4 goals.

- Second half started the same and Leicester scored after the 54 minutes through Aquino, making it 2 - 0. Its took Birmingham just one minute to hit back when Eremenko's powerful strike hit the back of the net, 2 - 1.

- Birmingham seemed to have finally turned up for this game and on the 70 minute Weiss won a free kick, Ebert stepped up and went for power and the ball goes just inside the post to make it 2 - 2.

- Took a bit of magic on the 85th minute from Cerci to nicely flick the ball at goal and score!

Couldn't have written this story better myself! Fantastic come back for Birmingham to win

3 - 2

alessio-cerci-torino.jpg

Cerci celebrating winner!

Over the moon with tonight's second half, after such a terrible first half. The lads woke up after Leicester's second goal and managed to pull of one of the best come backs I've been involved in for a long time. Maybe we didn't deserve to win this game, but we have had plenty of bad luck through this season so it's nice to finally get a break. Anyways what a way to win it, through a magical bit of skill from Cerci! Really pleased with how we have been playing recently, and of course there is a lot of room for improvement, and we will carry on working on the negatives!

Birmingham travel to Norwich on Saturday who sit rock bottom of the division!

Niall Taylor steered West Ham United to victory against Manchester City.

West Ham United outclassed Manchester City and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Stekelenburg had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Danny, Matri and Denisov were amongst the goalscorers.

Big win in the relegation battle:D

Northampton Town 2 Chesterfield 1

Chesterfield suffer 2 consecutive losses and at the hands of promotion chasing Northampton Town. Although we took the shock lead in the 22nd minute through Mehmet Ekici which was against the run of play

However after Sulejmani's sending off, Northampton dominated the game and created all the chances. It must be a comfort to bring on the likes of Veratti, Lukkaku and Kolarov from off the bench and they overran us with Paulinho clinched the three points with a 84th minute strike.

Like Barnsley, we are up against it with three ommissions as a result of today's game along with Granat's season ending injury:

Granat - injured (out for the season)

San Jose - injured

Fabian Johnson - injured

Sulejmani - suspended

But on the bright side, Garmash returns back from suspension however it will still be a big ask against Sheffield Wednesday

Fulham finally beat Everton when it counted 3-0 in a brillant performance led by my superb Carrick. We are up to second 3 points behind Everton who have spurs next and I have West ham :)

Im starting to believe again :D

Nice win Dom I believe !

season 8 predictions

7046 group

05-28-2013 08:23 PM sirmarkhughes

Div 1 Winners: Fulham

Anyway back on Anfield looks like we stung Man United a couple of times on break and snatched the 3 points.

looking for improvement striker an upgrade Striker on Luis Adriano willing to 2 for 1,Adriano + 1

Birmingham News

With this season coming to an end, Birmingham have been working very hard to strengthen their squad to survive the relegation battle in div 3 and hopefully start the next one on a high! We are currently on a nice 6 games unbeaten run, which we have not managed to do so since I joined the club half way through last season.

This season has again been a very disappointing one after such a terrible start, in which I'm not too surprised about considering how poor we was last season. We have managed to strengthen the squad a hell of a lot this season, in my opinion and that's due to some good friendships I've managed to build with other great managers over the last couple of months.

We have seen the likes of some quality players like Caicedo, Muller, Pabon, Eremenko, Colback, Parker and Cerci come in from internal clubs this season. Again some if not most of them deals happened due to good relationships with fellow managers in 7046. Also the luck of being able to bring in the likes of Ebert, Carvalho, Costil, Weiss, Alvaro and Bezus from external clubs has also added some depth and good quality to the squad!

Performances on the pitch slowly started to improve recently as most of the lads are starting to really settle in and really work hard to dig out some positive results. Let's hope they can keep it up till the end of the season and secure our safety in div 3!

All season we have being trying to bring in younger players with bright futures or who are either approaching the peak of their careers or are on their peak.

The way the transfer market is on EC7046, it's been very hard to bring in even one young talent let along try to build a young decent side in the space of a 1-2 seasons! Even when you do seem to find the right player, you have to take your chance and make the deal happen quickly before someone else comes in and snatches it! Even if you have to overpay for some.

Anyways today Birmingham finally found two very decent talented players and immediately tried to come to an agreement and to be honest we couldn't be happier with how easy and quick negotiations happened!

Doncaster Rovers have agreed to sell Ibai GÓMEZ and Mark NOBLE to Birmingham City and they will be joining for a combined fee of around £21m.

1983.jpg / 44700.jpg

Noble......./.......Gomez

Pleased to have Noble on the way in as cover for Parker, and replaces Noboa who is on his way out this week. Gomez at the age of 23 is a very good talented young lad, who has been in very good form for Doncaster, so I hope he can give us that little bit extra we need to finish games off!

Things looking slightly better and on the way up for Birmingham? Maybe! :)

Only time will tell...

Nice win Dom I believe !

season 8 predictions

7046 group

05-28-2013 08:23 PM sirmarkhughes

Div 1 Winners: Fulham

Anyway back on Anfield looks like we stung Man United a couple of times on break and snatched the 3 points.

looking for improvement striker an upgrade Striker on Luis Adriano willing to 2 for 1' date='Adriano + 1[/quote']

Thanks mate that is very kind , And thanks to Shack as well as he sent me a message through FB backing me for the title as well.

While I think I do have a great chance I have to remember Everton still are 3 points ahead but they have 3 very hard home ties which is going to be where the title is won and lost. The pressure in my opinion is firmly in the corner of Spurs as with the run of games and considering they are better than Fulham and Everton.

I have 4 of my last 6 games away so I think I will need 3 points for certain against West Ham as they are the easy team on paper but we never beat the easy team :P

Im just glad to be apart of the fight :D

blackburn_rovers_logo_7868.gif

Sheffield United 2 - 0 Blackburn Rovers

Not a bad performance really. But Sheffield were just better on the day. Results went our way...just. Aston Villa are now the team to watch from the chasing pack.

League Position: 2nd (6 points clear of 3rd)

Form: 1 defeat in 1 game.

Remaining Fixtures:

(H) Blackpool

(A) Swansea City

(H) Portsmouth

(A) Burnley

(H) Wolverhampton Wanderers

(A) Bolton Wanderers

Target: 4 wins and 1 draw will be enough mathematically to gain automatic promotion to Division 1.

But...I still think 3 wins from the 6 games should realistically be enough.

Scary times at Ewood Park!!!

Makoto Hasebe has left Tranmere and joined Nuremberg for £6.6M, Tranmere then spent £8.6M on replacement Stephen Ireland and striker Juan Agudelo.

Got 9 Stoke players atm, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson, Pieters, Cameron, Palacios, Ireland, Walters and Agudelo. Palacios will be leaving though in 4 weeks time.

If you watch only 2 games against decent oposition ' date=' you will know that i am right :D Ask any Juve or Seria A fan and you'll see that i didn't exaggerated at all .[/quote']

I am not debating who is better Barzagli or Bonucci, I stated "Glad to see Bonucci finally get his 92."

Bonucci has played over 30 league games per season 2010/11, 11/12, 12/13 plus 15 or 16 European games, add to that he is a regular for NT and I see 92 as a fair rating.

I am not debating who is better Barzagli or Bonucci' date=' I stated "Glad to see Bonucci finally get his 92."

Bonucci has played over 30 league games per season 2010/11, 11/12, 12/13 plus 15 or 16 European games, add to that he is a regular for NT and I see 92 as a fair rating.[/quote']

So now you get 92 just because you play?Believed you get 90 just because you play in a good team,if you want 91+ you must be great too.Bonucci is alright but not 92 quality,sorry Dan.