English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Thrilling draw for Birmingham!

Never a dull moment when it comes to Birmingham City of late! Winning 4 - 1 we go and throw 2 points away!

Luis Veigas earned a draw with Birmingham City against Norwich City.

Birmingham City dominated much of the play against Norwich City but could only manage a 4 - 4 draw in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

Parker, Ebert, Gómez and Caicedo were amongst the goalscorers.

On a positive note we seem to be scoring more freely now and Gomez scores on his debut! We also stretch our unbeaten run in the league to 7 games! :)

One place of relegation zone still and 3 points difference from 18th place Hull.

blackburn_rovers_logo_7868.gif

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 1 Blackpool

Conceded the equaliser in the 89th minute.

:mad: Talk about overachieving, Blackpool have been brilliant this season!

I can't believe it. We have 7 wins 2 draws and only 1 defeat in the last 10 games and yet I'm looking worriedly over my shoulder. But as Aston Villa keep on winning, if I can't beat Swansea and Portsmouth in the next two games, I'm sure it will be the playoffs again (followed by another season in division 2).

League Position: 2nd (4 points clear of 3rd)

Form: 1 defeat and 1 draw in 2 games.

Remaining Fixtures:

(A) Swansea City

(H) Portsmouth

(A) Burnley

(H) Wolverhampton Wanderers

(A) Bolton Wanderers

Target: 4 wins will be enough mathematically to gain automatic promotion to Division 1. 3 wins for a playoff place.

Interesting times at Ewood Park!!!

Dagenham's current woes continue as we lose at home 3-0 to QPR.Can't buy a result at the moment.It's getting a bit nervy now as we are only seven points from relegation places.Couldn't have had a tougher match next as we play Birmingham who have had some decent results lately.

Domagoj VIDA has completed his move to Chesterfield from Birmingham City for 6,000,000

Delighted with the capture of the Croatian International, my subsequent sale of Ostrozolek who was 85 and I got a 87 in exchange for the cash. Many thanks for Veigas who made a quick and easy deal. Vida's versatility being able to play at centre back, right back and defensive midfield will help our cause, he may be in line for his first start in our next match

Man Utd are struggling this season' date=' which is no suprise as history shows us we have 2 good seasons and then 2 bad seasons (hence only 4 titles out of a possible 8):P watch out next season;)[/quote']

Ouch, put out the Cup by Rubin? What has happened to the mighty Man U?

Liverpool beat Roma 4-1 , goals by Ribery, Rooney, Pepe and a free-kick from Luiz was enough for us. 6-1 aggregate win.

Sets us up for a semi final with Spurs who will be looking for revenge for the 6-1 thumping we gave them over the two legs in the knockout stages last year.

I think my gold manager runs out just before the first leg so I might have to buy another months as assistant manager is dumb.

STOKE CITY NEWS

THANK YOU SANTOS FRED (Sunderland ) !!!

stoke-city-fans.jpg

The fans cheered tonight Fred for his incredible performance, from Sunderland, closing his tally to 3 goals and an assist in eight games, but unfortunately it was recalled for purposes of transfer, all the fans cheered, he returned to Sunderland this night.

58165.jpg

I have been bringing in a few youths over the last week or so to boost Liverpool's youth ranks.

Player arrivals:

Marco Sangalli, Perreira Pericles, Edgar Ie, Emiliano Marcondes & Farshad Noor.

We have had a £1 million bid accepted for Santi Mina a player I think has a great future, very pleased to grab him with no competition, he scored his first La Liga goal for Celta last week after coming on as a substitute and I doubt it will be his last looking at his high scoring youth career.

Liverpool run riot against Bristol City with a 5-0 away win , Rooney bags himself the match ball with a hat-trick, I am going to have to keep playing him up front rather than attacking mid, other goals were Castan and Thiago Silva.

5/10 correct results on the predictions is not bad, title still there to be grabbed with Everton's lead down to just 4 points, Can Exeter or Fulham snatch it from the Toffees?

Relegation looks like any 3 from 4 now, Man City, West Ham, Notts Forest & Brsitol City Who will save themselves from the quartet?

4 to go!

Ben-SCFC (Forum) steered Tranmere Rovers to victory against Ipswich Town.

Tranmere Rovers beat Ipswich Town 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Salihović scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Cacau and Machado were also amongst the goalscorers.

Great win against a tough Ipswich side, on a great run lately, 5 wins and 1 draw out the last 6, go up to 5th, we travel to 4th placed Barnsley next, big game.

The Blues extend unbeaten run

Another fantastic performance from the lads in blue tonight!!!

Luis Veigas steered Birmingham City to victory against Dagenham & Redbridge.

Birmingham City beat Dagenham & Redbridge 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Cerci scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Gutiérrez was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Still only 3 points from the relegation zone, considering our incredible form of late. A little bit annoying but we shall keep our heads down and battle till we secure our safety in div 3.

After their result against Dagenham & Redbridge, Birmingham City are now unbeaten in 8 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

Fulham could only manage a draw as we failed to close the gap as much I wanted too and we again were better than City but never took advantage :(

Now with Everton falling off the tracks in true fulham style a few seasons ago when we blew 9 points :P

Now we are under intense pressure to beat Spurs at our own patch to maintain our fading dream :)

Niall Taylor steered West Ham United to victory against fierce rivals Tottenham Hotspur.

West Ham United beat Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Arteta had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Ariaudo and Danny were amongst the goalscorers.

Delighted! 3 points off safety!:D

Derby County 3 Chesterfield 0

As dominate as the score suggested, Derby County deserved the win and Chesterfield were never in this game. Outplayed and outclassed, a bit of bad management by rushing San Jose too early which will probably result in him not being able to play in a vital match against Hull City.

Poli, Wilshere and Sturridge rounded off an excellent display, we need to move on from the result and concentrate our efforts against Hull City. We drop to 6th with 6 point gap between us and Bournemouth however we need a good result in order to ensure a play off position.

Next up Hull City

Hancock (Forum) steered Aston Villa to victory against Newcastle United.

Aston Villa beat Newcastle United 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Kiessling scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Aigner was also on the scoresheet for his side.

We face bottom of the table Rochdale next.