English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

With just 3 games to go it is mathematically possible for 8 clubs to win the Division 1 title' date=' considering clubs like Man United, Man City, Middlesboro and Chelsea are already out of the running that is testament to how tough and tight the top division is, I feel sorry for Spuds what a time to go on a 5 games losing spree.

[img']http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr172/sirmarkhughes/s1_zps7d3a8667.jpg[/img]

Basically it looks between the top two, Who is your money on, Everton or Fulham?

Everton have Man United, Sunderland and Bristol City.

Fulham have Carlisle,Boro and Man United.

Had my fingers in other pies of late but really enjoying the Div 1 title race from afar.

Oh Shack baby, that's gotta hurt doesn't it? 4-0 up with just 20 minutes to go and you go and draw against us! Hope that doesn't cost you the title.

For me it's a 2 horse race between Everton and Liverpool. Newman has already done his end of season capitulation and Shack is doing his best to emulate him. My money's on Shack but with the fixtures Dan has I reckon if Shack continues to bottle it Liverpool could just steal in.

Sorry Dom, I can't see anything but you dropping away in your usual style, especially with games against arch-nemeses Man Utd & Boro to come. Raz for an outside bet to come from nowhere if Shack crumbles...

Chesterfield 1 Hull City 1

Chesterfield grind out another draw against relegation threatened Hull City. A solid point however I was hoping for more in the game. With Tranmere Rovers losing and QPR having an outside chance of getting into the play-offs, we are in pole position to cement a spot when we go to Bournemouth.

Made a few tactical changes with Koo preferred over the not match fit San Jose but I'm pleased that we got out of the Hull game unscathed.

Next up is a blockbuster match against Bournemouth

swinvsbirm_zps33568915.jpg

The Blues extended their fantastic unbeaten run away to Swindon Town last night.

Luis Veigas steered Birmingham City to victory against Swindon Town.

Birmingham City beat Swindon Town 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Ebert scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Gómez and Cerci were also amongst the goalscorers.

Brilliant to see Cerci starting to bang in the goals, and we must not forget the new signing Gómez who has scored 2 goals and assisted 1 in his first 3 games for the club. Talk about instant impact! Of course we can't forget Noble either, who on his debut was solid in center mid with Parker.

Anyways a team is not about individuals and tonight every lad in blue put in a good solid performance.

After their result against Swindon Town, Birmingham City are now unbeaten in 9 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

That is very pleasing to see, specially after all the time I have put into this team and it's finally starting to pay off with this good run. Lets hope this continues to the end of the season and we start next season on fire! I can only hope!!!

Come on The Blues!!!

Not had much of a chance to look around outside of the top of the top flight of late but some interesting stuff going on elsewhere:

- Boro in the SMFA Cup semis! Hopefully we can go at least one better than when we blew it vs. Sunderland way back when...

- Predator?! ***?!! And SOP, gotta say you destroyed that squad. Can't see any more titles coming to your place anytime soon. What did Dom call this season? The changing of the (old?) guard? Could well be. Oh that reminds me. SOP? You and me owe TheMar and Raz GMs for our sponsorship thing. Will figure out who owes who. Mo to go down too, about time.

- Hancock, you're the man! Totally had faith in you! Well, maybe. Don't blow it now! Obviously Arsenal, but look at little Walsall still in with a shout! I mean, not like they'll survive in the top flight. It's not like Exeter, Charlton and (admittedly dropping) Bury can hold their own, is it? Surprised to see Newcastle struggling so. And Coventry, some turnaround that. And Zak Zak Zak. Look up yo-yo in the dictionary, it just says "Swansea"

- No surprises in the top 5 in Div 3. How very typical of Northampton, Barnsley and Tranmere to favour the playoff spots! But look at high-flying Chesterfield!!! :eek: Great stuff Glory_Days. And I claim to be vindicated by intimating that Ipswich sold off too many of their stars previously. A poor showing for their (previous?) riches down in 16th in my mind.

- Hats off to (Rage Against the) Machine. First to get promotion, which totally vindicates your decision to stay earlier on this season. Top job. And cracking job by TheDuffman to turn things at Brighton around. Let's hope you can seal the deal.

Just some quick thoughts. Best of luck to all for the final run in...

Looking forward to the end of season now, some terrible form has seen us drop out the play-offs and blow any chance of promotion. Our main aim in the close season is to strengthen the defense, were leaking too many goals at the minute.

Just remember, many players available at Bournemouth for 2 for 1, including Giuseppe Rossi. :)

Afternoon all, Hope everybody is keeping well :)

Been a while since i last posted, due to work and family commitments i just dont have too much spare time on my hands nowadays to come on here on a regular basis like i used to. Im sure some of the other dads can understand me on saying that lol.

One quick question tho... how on earth am i still top? i keep waiting to log in and see my team overtaken for the last god knows how many weeks, but its still not happening. Dont think anybody wants to win the league this year, even my boys seem intent on throwing it away... oh were 4-0 up against boro thats fine lets all give up now :rolleyes:

Did say to dom a while back on fb that i reckon he'll win the title, looking the the run ins i cant see me securing enough points to stay ahead of him, on an awful run of form at the moment.

I wont be surprised on weds to log in and see me in second place, be nice to win the thing, but i dont think it will happen so wont be upset or shocked when i finish 2nd or 3rd no doubt.

Only way il win is if dom chokes against his two big rivals, you never know.. then again the other half of merseyside arent too far behind. Gonna be an interesting last few days.

Il try and pop on at the season end to congratulate the winner, or maybe even gloat, just maybe... :P keep well all.

Any interest in these 2 lads?

TORRES NILO, Jorge or WEISS, Vladimír

No silly offers please as I'm not too keen to lose either of them but one might have to go.

What I'm possibly looking for is a p/e deal with 1 of them leaving for 2...

1- Need another CD, does not have to be 87/88 rated but at least 86 to be used as cover and under must be 26 or younger.

2- Who ever you may be interested in bidding for, I will want a replacement for them, Nilo's situation a left back, and in Weiss situation a winger who can play attacking center mid position too. Again looking at around rating of 86 and more and no old gits.

Cheers

Rulli the highly rated argentian GK has gone up to 82 , And people laughed when I brought him lol

Nice to see Jooles despite your complete disrespect to my Fulham :P Your opinion dosent mean squat to me :P I do have a good chance and should never be written off , We are playing well , Got good goal getters and you and Sop Ive got good recent records against.

I maintain my hardest game is Carlisle :)

blackburn_rovers_logo_7868.gif

Blackburn Rovers 2 - 2 Portsmouth

A terrible result, which ever way you look at it. We were 0-2 down after just 16 minutes, so I suppose the lads showed some character to get a point...but a point is of no use to us and does nothing for our chances to remain in the top 2.

Congratulations to Aston Villa and Bolton Wanderers for their fantastic form of late. I fully expect both teams to finish above us at the end of the season.

League Position: 2nd (2 points clear of 3rd)

Form: 8 wins, 3 draws, and 1 defeat in 12 games.

Remaining Fixtures:

(A) Burnley

(H) Wolverhampton Wanderers

(A) Bolton Wanderers

Target: 3 wins will be enough mathematically to gain automatic promotion to Division 1. 2 draws for a playoff place.

Contemplative times at Ewood Park.

SMFA Champions Cup Semi-finals tonight, yes nice name change by SM.

Not sure how to go into my 2 legger against Spuds, they are on a losing streak of 5 on the bounce in the league, maybe they are saving themselves for this as their form in the competition has been quality.

We have faced Spuds in knockout stages of this in last two season, we won with a 3-2 aggregate win 2 seasons ago and a 6-1 aggregate win last season, so hopefully we can so it against them again this season as I have never been to the final of this comp and I want to achieve that especially as it looks like the winner of this will be no doubt playing Boro in the final.

Good luck Ben hopefully its a good set of games.

Good luck to Sheffield United, Leicester & Bristol City in the Shield, strange thing that we have a division 3 side, division 2 side and a division 1 relegation candidate as our representatives in the semi-final stage.

Guest drseanfitz

looking to do some deals...

Jesus Navas can go in a 2for1 - must include a CB(unless Raz wants to let me have Lars).

Lewis Holtby can be traded out

Fredy Guarin can be swapped for any position(or can be added to Holtby for a good player)

Gabi and Nocerino are also available

Niall Taylor earned a draw with West Ham United against Middlesbrough.

The match ended 2 - 2 between West Ham United and Middlesbrough in their Division 1 fixture.

Matri and Salvio were amongst the goalscorers.

I'll settle for the draw:)

521.png

Division 2

Stadium: Molineux (31,700)

Attendance: 31,653

Wolves 0-3 Walsall

J.HENDERSON 28, 86

N.MATIĆ 74

Big win as Burnley and MK Dons both suffer defeat. Win see's us move up to 5th with a 4 point gap on 7th. One more win will guarantee us a play off spot but we play 4th place Bolton on Saturday so it could well go to the final day where we head to relegation battlers Coventry City.

Dominated the game but got just a draw against Chelsea.It seems like the title is on my hands now.I play Everton next and if Dom wants to stand a chance I must win.Well,I dont want any injuries for next season and maybe I don't want Dom to win it either?:D

Ben-SCFC (Forum) earned a draw with Tranmere Rovers against Plymouth Argyle.

Tranmere Rovers dominated much of the play against Plymouth Argyle but could only manage a 2 - 2 draw in their Division 3 fixture.

Cacau was on the scoresheet for his side.

Good point at Plymouth, Chesterfield go 5th and we drop to 6th, we are 8 points ahead of 7th though so our play off position is confirmed.

Stephen Thompson steered Barnsley to victory against Queens Park Rangers.

Barnsley beat Queens Park Rangers 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Ciani scored the winner for Barnsley and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

A deserved victory see's us guarantee a play off place. We move level on points with 3rd place Northampton and are just 3 points off 2nd place Palace with two games to play. Very tight.

Up next a tricky game against Birmingham who need something to guarantee survival. They lost tonight but their form previous to that was very good.

Score line flatters Ipswich!

Birmingham's good run comes to an end at the hands of Ipswich tonight. The score line really does not reflect on how the game was splayed out.

Ipswich had more possession, but Birmingham had way more shot on target but it just wasn't to be our day tonight.

Luis Veigas was unable to prevent a Birmingham City defeat to Ipswich Town.

Birmingham City slumped to a 4 - 0 defeat against Ipswich Town in their Division 3 fixture.

This now means we are still 5 points ahead of Hull City who lay 18th, leaving us needing only 2 points from the last two games to avoid relegation and that's if Hull win both of their final games.

Ipswich climb up to 14th, in my eyes they are now safe.

With such a talented bunch of players should they really be in the position that they where before this game? In my opinion, No!

Next up we travel to Barnsley who today secured their playoff spot! Congratulations Stephen, and good luck this season's playoffs on your hunt for promotion!