TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

WORLD CUP FINALS

Group C

Bosnia & Herzegovina

Egypt

Netherlands

SWEDEN

Start our World Cup experience Thursday' date=' facing the mighty Netherlands! Followed by Egypt on friday and Bosnia on saturday!

Come on

[img']http://smimgs.com/images/country/flags/association/60/41.gif[/img]SWEDEN!!!41.gif

Your 87th minute goal helped to knock out the mighty BRAZIL,

well done on taking the SWEDES through, good luck

Division 2

Stadium: Ricoh Arena (32,609)

Attendance: 14,167

Coventry 0-1 Walsall

N.MATIĆ 54

A win on the final day means Walsall finish 5th in our first season in Div 2. Wasn't to sure how well I'd do this season as it's a clear step up in quality but the lads done good. Play offs is a complete lottery, we draw Bolton at The Reebok who gave us a bit of a bashing up a couple of weeks ago so not really expecting anything as they're a top side but anything can happen in the play offs. All in all regardless of weather we go up or not it's been a great season that will hopefully be a platform for us to build on next season.

If a club becomes available could someone please keep me in mind (that is if there is not a waiting list). I am straying away somewhat from the custom set ups now and enjoying the two English Championships I am in.

waiting list in the 7046 blog

PM me if u want on list

I am right in thinking you work from the bottom of the list up right? he he :P.

Inglis77 might not necessarily get the next team available, the list is there to let people know who have been offered a job that if they decide not to take it that these are the people who have been waiting the longest and that have made the effort to show that they actually want to join 7046.

Although I think we should go down the list in order, many managers have offered job to other people who might not well be in the list. At the end of the day it is really down to the manager offered a job to decide who comes in...that's the way I've seen things happen in recent months.

All good though because this is GW N# 1 !!!

thread-header.png

EC7046 BLOG REPORTERS WANTED!!

Got a team in EC7046 ?

Become an OFFICIAL BLOG REPORTER and write about your team.

You can write an article after each game or just ONCE a week.

• NO STRESS

• NO DEADLINES

Positions available for new season

If you have the passion and time to publish articles, PM me for access

Ah I bloody failed! Man utd edged us out and stole the 3 points and qualified in 10th , I want to apologise to 7046 and the nation for failing to make SOP a laughing stock and him actually making money next season , I have failed in my duty and I apologise :)

Ive got one more sorry to say to the stoke manager who lost out on Europe , Im sorry mate that you were not good enough to make Europe and you are terrible :P

Well Im taking the World cup back for the English boys ;)

4th win on the bounce as Forest decide to troll their manager after a fairly terrible season. Where was this all season long you ask? Who knows, who knows...

We'll be starting another season w/o Europe next season, meaning I should finish next season with somewhere between 35-40 million in debt. wooo

Leicester finished in 14th in the end,quite pleased with that. Now i really need to find a way to get a good start in 7046 because my last 2 seasons start have been terrible and we must be satisfied with midtable after battling against relegation for nearly whole season

Shorpe got the key point they needed on the last day of the domestic season to take second place, if they had've lost my Burton would have pipped them by one goal!

We had a poor run of 3 draws and 2 losses which made all the difference, since then we won 7, drew 1 and lost 2.

Still really chuffed with 3rd place through, we have Anri's Southend in the play off, he has some players who have had a fantastic season so I'm hoping we can do what we've done all season and keep it tight.

Interesting fact of the season at Burton Albion - 10 games have been won by 1 goal exactly.

Chesterfield 4 Southampton 3

A final day thriller with 7 goals raining down on Proact Stadium, luckily we were on the right end of it. It seemed like every shot on goal in the first half resulted in a goal. I have to give great credit to my lads who were down 2-0 after 15 minutes but were leading 3-2 by half time with goals to Cork, Fabian Johnson and Lallana. However the keepers went to work in the second half but MOTM Jack Cork sealed the result but young Xhaka replied to make the last stage of the match interesting.

The game saw a number of changes with one eye on the play-offs with Hiroki Sakai, Kevin Vogt, Luca Antonelli, Alfred Duncan, Koo Ja Cheol, Jack Cork and Fedor Smolov coming into the starting XI and they put their best foot forward with some sterling performances.

We finished at 5th which is a stellar result after many tipped us to be battling for relegation.

Next up will be an enthralling encounter against Barnsley in the Play Offs

Birmingham City

Birmingham's Season Story

Season started on a real bad note for Birmingham, with a 1 - 0 defeat to Plymouth. In fact we lost our first 3 games, and only won our first game on the 10th fixture beating Chesterfield 2 - 1. In the first 10 games we lost 8, drew 1 and only managed 1 win. In that time period we beat Oldham on penalties after a 4 - 4 draw in the Cup's 1st round, only to see us get knocked out on the second round to Sheff Wed on penalties after a 0 - 0 draw!

Terrible form that was and I have to be honest at the time I really though that this was the season which saw Birmingham get relegated to div 4. Had no confidence in the team at all back then!

After thankfully getting our first win over Chesterfield, we luckily went on a decent run of 4 straight wins in the league beating Chesterfield, Southampton, Peterborough and Leicester. In between them fixtures also saw Birmingham knock out Milwall from the Shield on round 2 after a 2 - 1 win. 5 wins in all competitions on a row...was that to be our seasons turn around?!?

Afraid not!!! We lost and draw our next two games and then was knocked out of the Shield by Leeds 2 - 1. We managed to win our next league game at home to Swindon 2 - 0 but that was that for then!

We again faced a lengthy bad run of results and failed to grab a win in the next 8 games, drawing 3 and losing 5!

25th fixture of the season we faced Sheffield Wed, players low on moral and we dug deep to win 2 - 1. A game we was lucky to win to be honest, but I was happy to take them 3 points regardless. Finally we won! Yes! Maybe, just maybe a little change in luck from then on? We hosted Derby in the next game and ops! Lost 1 - 0, fantastic I was thinking! Hull next game, hmmm another defeat surely!?!

So we traveled to Hull expecting the worst and hoping for a bit of luck... wow! We beat em 3 - 0! No luck in that game, we played them off the field in their own back yard. Incredible score, what a result...for us that was a massive result considering our recent form, oh what am I kidding...our form all season!!!

Going to cut a longish story short here...including that result against Hull, we went on a incredible 9 games unbeaten run, winning 5 of them games! Ok there has been greater runs but that was good for us, right?!

Our run came to an end to Ipswich where we suffered our biggest defeat of the season 4 - 0! Ouch!!! By this time I was confident we had enough points to avoid relegation thank god!

Anyways the season was finished on a high as in the last 2 games we beat Barnsley and Tranmere, both who clinched playoff spots!

We managed to finish 12th in the end, after sitting for most of the season in the bottom 4-5. Finished 14 points of a playoff spot and 9 points clear of relegation zone...does that not show how close and tough div 3 is?!

Have to be pleased with that after such a terrible first half of the season anyways!

------------------------------

Birmingham's current first XI

Here is just a sneak peak at Birmingham's starting XI at the end of season 8, most of these where brought in late and turned Birmingham's season around. Credit to them!!!

848759_Birmingham_City.jpg

Anyways I'm pretty happy with the first XI, having worked my way around external and some very good deal internally.

As I've said and some of you know, we had a great second part of the season, just hope we can build on this and start the new season on fire. This was a season in that I learned a lot about my team and the Set-up in general and I'm confident we can start to move in the right direction finally and be counted!

-----------------------------

Birmingham's End Of Season Awards

Player of the Season

Scott Parker

After his £8m move from Walsall, Birmingham's season was turned around and I think it was down to this man for being such a professional in bringing the lads together on and off the pitch!

Young Player of the Season

González Álvaro

Again after his move from Las Palmas he has been brilliant at the back with Carvalho, their formed a solid partnership and have kept Birmingham with a fighting chance in every single game they have played together.

Top Goal Scorer

Patrick Ebert

5 goals in 19 games, not great stats but not bad for a midfielder considering the poor season we had.

Signing of the Season

Alessio Cerci

Bargain buy for £7.5m from Sunderland. In my opinion a player who still has a lot of years to offer, and someone who will only get better!

-------------------------------

Anyways I'm going to leave it at that as I don't want to flood the thread to much with my stuff and obviously bore the hell out of you lot!

Congrats to everyone if your achieved something positive this season and unlucky to the ones who ended up with a negative! :rolleyes:

Div 2

Portsmouth 3-3 Blackpool

Blackpool were 2-1 up with goals from Diarra and Turner. Diarra getting sent off by a strong tackle on Onazi didn't stop El Hamdaoui from getting Blackpool's 3rd after Viola threaded him through. If we had held onto the lead we would have finished 8th. However 2 goals from Portsmouth in the last 8 mins meant we finish 9th behind Wigan.

It was an impressive performance from the lads this season, though whilst they were up against better quality teams, we managed to finish just 4 points from the playoffs, so I can be proud of the team and what they have achieved.

I am in debt still and looking to offload some players which means Jack Collison and Alou Diarra are available for cash.

Hancock (Forum) steered Aston Villa to victory against Arsenal.

Aston Villa beat Arsenal 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Sam and Radu were amongst the goalscorers.

Great win against the champions of Div 2 to end the season. We finish 3rd in the table and now face Burnley in the play-offs. Pretty pleased with 3rd when I look at how we started the season.

Stumbled to a 6th place finish in the end, and will face Hancock's Villa in the Play-Off Semi's tomorrow. I have Boateng, Turan and M. Torres out suspended, which dampens my optimism for the game a fair bit, but having Pato back will be a boost

:D

Also, I am looking for a Striker (88+) to buy for cash. I can spend around £10m, and I don't want any duds. Let me know if anyone has someone available :)

Dagenham ended the season with a 3-3 draw away at relegated Sheffield Wednesday and finish 16th in the league.Congrats to Derby on winning the league and to everyone else in the set up who won championships/promotion.Good luck to those who were unfortunately relegated next season.

Wow there i was thinking now ive won the division 1 title id have money showered upon me yet i only made about 4 million, what a rip :P still enough to drag me out of debt tho and back into the positive. Hopefully the charity sheild and future smfa cup games should see me well for next season touch wood.

Had a few enquirys for my players lately, just to make it clear the likes of Suarez/Baines/Santi and Robben are not for sale.

Everybody else is pretty much fair game tho so feel free to pop in offers :) hopefully good ones lol.

Fulham finished a record high 2nd spot behind deserved winners Everton :) Ive had 3 chances (2 of them I should have won the title) to win the league and I dont think I will ever do it :(

The squad is looking in decent shape with ratings , pace , quality young talent and a decent team for many season to come.

With Caulker coming back from a great loan spell then he will be a future starter for fulham along Koscielny as I love Caulker:p Vazquez however im not so sure on his future even tho he is a young talent at a great club like Swansea I see his future away from Fulham. We have a young team with a smattering of experience with Carrick and Rosicky who are decent players with small chances to rise :o

Is there anything Steven Fletcher+ Vazquez could get me? Two PL forwards here one with good talent :) I dont want to be offered a goalkeeper , RB OR LB :P