English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

yes thats not always followed only when it suits' date=' my own thoughts are that if a job comes up it should be offered to the GW first if someone internal wants it they should get its, to many people sit on a waiting list and land on their feet IMO, while others struggle in DIV 4 season after season and never get anywhere, Just my thoughts,[/quote']

Which is an opinion i too would share, i'd also argue taht after being offered internally it should always go to the next man on the list, incidentally neither of which happened with Shehan..so tell me again does that mean i'm up my own arse?

• Replies 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom Latouche

• Jooles

• sirmarkhughes

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread LATEST ARTICLE ADDED TO THE BLOG... ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 7046'S TOP 25 LEAGUE GOAL SCORERS http://www.ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/english

English Championship 7046(51429) Set Up Creator (Aaron Duffy) Game World Id : 51429 Clubs Taken 80/80 (100%) Welcome to one of the most active and competitive Set Ups on Soccer Manager.

Posted Images

Exactly' date=' so Raz was wrong to offer it out without discussing it first.[/quote']

but Raz didnt reject the job, so there is one than more failing here

1, the guy that rejected before posting on forum that he had job on offer

2, Raz for being the go between

3, Shehan for not requesting to be added to the waiting list

and off record ive had dealings with Shehan before and trying to deal with him is a nightmare so i very much doubt that he made Raz's life easy in the negotiations!

But if there is a waiting list it has to be followed at all times not when it suits;)

but Raz didnt reject the job' date=' so there is one than more failing here

1, the guy that rejected before posting on forum that he had job on offer

2, Raz for being the go between

3, Shehan for not requesting to be added to the waiting list

and off record ive had dealings with Shehan before and trying to deal with him is a nightmare so i very much doubt that he made Raz's life easy in the negotiations!

[b']But if there is a waiting list it has to be followed at all times not when it suits[/b];)

Couldn't agree more, so its up to us to make sure that it happens. Hopefully lessons will be learned and people will turn to the waiting list.

Which is an opinion i too would share' date=' i'd also argue taht after being offered internally it should [u']always[/u] go to the next man on the list, incidentally neither of which happened with Shehan..so tell me again does that mean i'm up my own arse?

did i say you were? I just said some were up there arse nobody was named, but you just have to read the thread to see who are;)

correct me if I'm wrong but he has not been in for a while has he!?

and have some respect about telling me to shut up Raz' date=' I've always been nice and respectful to u![/quote']

I used to manage Wolves before but had to let go of them due to some personal reasons.

did i say you were? I just said some were up there arse nobody was named' date=' but you just have to read the thread to see who are;)[/quote']

..apologies you inferred that i was up my own arse. No matter as perhaps the important thing here is how the waiting list is managed in the future :)

..apologies you inferred that i was up my own arse. No matter as perhaps the important thing here is how the waiting list is managed in the future :)

yes id agree, as i keep saying its only followed when it suits and even when it is followed its often misses someone whos been on it for weeks in favour of a so called 'top forumer' sorry just having a winge! :o

but all in all the guys do a great job with the blog and is a great read!B)

Life is too short people, every second that goes by will never return. Stop wasting your time playing a computer game and concentrate on finding the true meaning of life. Do you really think we came in to this world, to slave around for a few pounds and to divert our worries by drowning ourselves in alcohol and/or other worldly distractions? Every day life is so repetitive, doesn't it make you sick? Dont you ever feel the need of asking yourselves how everything is actually going on around us? Just think, the amount of time spent playing this pointless game, can be spent on countless beneficial things. Its quite embarrassing to see people arguing over a game to such an extent. If emotions can get heated to such an extent as a result of a computer game, then it comes as no surprise to see so many innocent people in the world being killed as i type this.

Life is too short people' date=' every second that goes by will never return. Stop wasting your time playing a computer game and concentrate on finding the true meaning of life. Do you really think we came in to this world, to slave around for a few pounds and to divert our worries by drowning ourselves in alcohol and/or other worldly distractions? Every day life is so repetitive, doesn't it make you sick? Dont you ever feel the need of asking yourselves how everything is actually going on around us? Just think, the amount of time spent playing this pointless game, can be spent on countless beneficial things. Its quite embarrassing to see people arguing over a game to such an extent. If emotions can get heated to such an extent as a result of a computer game, then it comes as no surprise to see so many innocent people in the world being killed as i type this.[/quote']

Someones found God :P

yes thats not always followed only when it suits' date=' my own thoughts are that if a job comes up it should be offered to the GW first if someone internal wants it they should get its, to many people sit on a waiting list and land on their feet IMO, while others struggle in DIV 4 season after season and never get anywhere, Just my thoughts,[/quote']

This was exactly my point, we have a couple of great managers who slog it out season after season managing small clubs on shoe string budgets who IMO should have the opportunity to move up when jobs like Northampton become free. The fact that Shehan seemed to bypass the internal managers and the waiting list just didn't seem very fair to me. As for the jealous remark I don't think the people who are posting actually want the job for themselves, 7046 is my favourite GW and one of if not the best setup on SM and I just feel as a community we should have made the best decision for the GW rather than someone acting in his own best interests in appointing a new manager.

The waiting list is optional, not compulsory and people should feel free to deal with job offers as they see fit for the good of the gameworld - attempting to place pressure on managers to do one thing or another is a poor show.

I enjoy 7046 and like everyone else want to ensure it continues to thrive - this is why in the past when I've received job offers I've offered them to folk on the waiting list who I knew could be good for 7046.

However the last couple of times I've attempted to use the waiting list (going back a while now) the managers on it hadn't been on for days, I posted on this thread advertising that I had the offer several times, and hoped I'd get a response before the offer expired, so the waiting list ain't all that reliable.

If I then offer the job to someone I know folk are upset because the list wasn't used, so it reaches the point where getting job offers in 7046 becomes a real hassle.

This is why last night when Raz contacted me saying he had someone who'd earned their stripes in 7046 waiting in the wings to take Northampton I though 'great, people will be happy that it's gone to someone trust-worthy'.

As I'd only just received the offer I hadn't even looked at the Northampton squad - which I guess is a big issue for some of you who are perhaps less concerned about 7046 and more concerned about where the top players end up - or am I wrong and everyone would be as equally interested in who got the job if the job were in the D4 basement...? :rolleyes:

Fact of the matter is that the job WAS offered to someone in the lower leagues and they didn't want the job.

I appreciate the jobs can't always go to established managers otherwise you don't get the new blood in to keep the gameworld going, but is everyone on the waiting list vetted to ensure they are 100% reliable?

If the people who were so quick to jump on their soap-box can assure me that anyone on the current waiting list would have been more acceptable to them than Shehan then I'll be more inclined to use the waiting list in the future.....

This was exactly my point' date=' we have a couple of great managers who slog it out season after season managing small clubs on shoe string budgets who IMO should have the opportunity to move up when jobs like Northampton become free. The fact that Shehan seemed to bypass the internal managers and the waiting list just didn't seem very fair to me. As for the jealous remark I don't think the people who are posting actually want the job for themselves, 7046 is my favourite GW and one of if not the best setup on SM and I just feel as a community we should have made the best decision for the GW rather than someone acting in his own best interests in appointing a new manager.[/quote']

In shehans defences he personally didnt bypass the waiting list, he asked a member how to get back in and Raz obliged

Either way the waiting list has to be policed strictly or not used at all, as its only used when it suits IMO

In shehans defences he personally didnt bypass the waiting list' date=' he asked a member how to get back in and Raz obliged

Either way the waiting list has to be policed strictly or not used at all, as its only used when it suits IMO[/quote']

I agree, waiting list should be used more when the so called smaller jobs come available. When clubs like Northampton come up they should be offered internally for people to have a chance to move up first before offered to outsiders. I believe we should be looking to promote from within and before someone says it no I don't want the job.

The waiting list is optional' date=' not compulsory and people should feel free to deal with job offers as they see fit for the good of the gameworld - attempting to place pressure on managers to do one thing or another is a poor show.

I enjoy 7046 and like everyone else want to ensure it continues to thrive - this is why in the past when I've received job offers I've offered them to folk on the waiting list who I knew could be good for 7046.

However the last couple of times I've attempted to use the waiting list (going back a while now) the managers on it hadn't been on for days, I posted on this thread advertising that I had the offer several times, and hoped I'd get a response before the offer expired, so the waiting list ain't all that reliable.

If I then offer the job to someone I know folk are upset because the list wasn't used, so it reaches the point where getting job offers in 7046 becomes a real hassle.

This is why last night when Raz contacted me saying he had someone who'd earned their stripes in 7046 waiting in the wings to take Northampton I though 'great, people will be happy that it's gone to someone trust-worthy'.

As I'd only just received the offer I hadn't even looked at the Northampton squad - which I guess is a big issue for some of you who are perhaps less concerned about 7046 and more concerned about where the top players end up - or am I wrong and everyone would be as equally interested in who got the job if the job were in the D4 basement...? :rolleyes:

Fact of the matter is that the job WAS offered to someone in the lower leagues and they didn't want the job.

I appreciate the jobs can't always go to established managers otherwise you don't get the new blood in to keep the gameworld going, but is everyone on the waiting list vetted to ensure they are 100% reliable?

If the people who were so quick to jump on their soap-box can assure me that [i']anyone[/i] on the current waiting list would have been more acceptable to them than Shehan then I'll be more inclined to use the waiting list in the future.....

Whilst i don't doubt the sentiment Stewart i feel you are way off the mark with some of your comments. As one who objected to Shehan's appointment i can assure you it had nothing to do with any potential transfers, that said Raz's actions left himself wide open to accusations of benefiting from him helping(?) an old acquaintance into the set-up. Its probably best i leave that there because i can't stand teh thought of another outburst from Raz.

Likewise you are quite wrong when you say about such objections being raised about div 4 jobs, i am of the firm belief that regardless of what club is involved then the list should be maintained, its the fairest way. This is of course not a new subject here on 7046 and as you say its optional not binding, nevertheless Craigs suggested guidelines are clear when they say '' It can be used in order or anyone on it could get next job offer''. With this in mind and before teh offer expired, would it not have been possible to find someone from the list online?, i'd suggest it would.

7046 WAITING LIST

The waiting list is a guide for us to see who is waiting - and the longest

It can be used in order or anyone on it could get next job offer.

This is down to the manager who has the offer

Anyone who is online when clubs' are available can join straight in' date=' this is just being in the right place at the right time.

This gives several options on how to join 7046

I PREFER THE JOB OFFERS TO GO TO THE WAIT LIST but thats the way it goes,making it better i suppose coz we dont know who will join next[/quote']

I'm glad you, like myself appreciate that jobs can't keep going to the same old faces, perhaps you remember back in 106 when attempts to recruit the more well known faces proved to be a mistake and resulted in a cosy old mates club that lacked any inventiveness and enthusiasm...as you say a set-up needs new blood. I can't see any better way to provide this transfusion than by sticking to a waiting list. Of course you will get some wrong-uns but even that is better than letting the set-up go stale. As i have said, perhaps todays exchanges demonstrate that we need to re-examine the whole topic of the waiting list and seek a consensus on how we approach things in the future, as I for one feel its something we could collectively do much better. :)

This was exactly my point' date=' we have a couple of great managers who slog it out season after season managing small clubs on shoe string budgets who IMO should have the opportunity to move up when jobs like Northampton become free. The fact that Shehan seemed to bypass the internal managers and the waiting list just didn't seem very fair to me. As for the jealous remark I don't think the people who are posting actually want the job for themselves, 7046 is my favourite GW and one of if not the best setup on SM and I just feel as a community we should have made the best decision for the GW rather than someone acting in his own best interests in appointing a new manager.[/quote']

Totally agree with every single word

FOLKS

Re managers joining 7046 and wait list

we all have our own thoughts which strengthens the gw

The WAIT LIST is to help new managers get into the gw, giving us a list of names to choose from, if we decide to use it.

(we can give job to top of the list or the bottom, anyone on it)

If an ex 7046 manager wants to return, he is welcomed like anyone else, but i would put him on wait list and be selected by whoever has job offer.

in this instance, Northampton were on offer, RAZ was going to give to shehan, so if we put shehan on wait list, he would've been swiftly off it - coz he was one Raz would've chosen

I prefer we thought about the waiting list more when deciding coz these guys wait patiently for ages to get in but it's simply down to the manager to select

whoever he wants. ie blog wait list, forumer, ex 7046 or whoever. remember also, the person may not want that particular team and reject it.

I have my thoughts as well but the main decision is made by the manager who has the club on offer.

When i got job offer, i declined within minutes and we had a new manager in 7046 shortly after. JOB DONE, QUICK AS, NO PROBS

The wait list is there to help and will only help if we use it.

The WAIT LIST

This has to be seen as SM are in control and not the blog or the wait list deciding who gets in

SM offer jobs to managers who have the final say, they can use wait list if they wish or give to friend, or whatever

This is why the list is in order of waiting but not in order to get in first.

SM wouldn't have it, if blog, wait list or me had a system where i decide who gets in.

BLOG is unique as is the WAIT LIST, hopefully we all like both so we get regular updates re 7046 and managers joining.

I see this has a few replies - topic - that's good coz we all share our thoughts which indirectly strengthens the gameworld.

I will add features to enhance blog, just PM me if u have an idea to help blog, wait list, manager list etc.

Right time to post my response

Hopefully get someone of value to the setup and I like Sean but I hope he dont come back into 7046 ' date=' Hes had plenty of chances with some half decent sides and hasnt been around long enough or provided anything of value to 7046. Chances should go to managers desperate to be in here as I know lots are and we shouldnt take passengers as they say :)

It may seem like im being harsh on him but I would be if its him or Hammer as its denying managers that want to get in a chance. When people have job offers they need to think will they provide anything to 7046? People tend to think bigger named forumers are always the answer but sadly is rarely the case and its time we think about these things :) [/quote']

This what I said after Sean left us on Wednesday in game , I love the guy but I had to use him as an example and will do here.

In terms of discussing a job offer on the thread I very much applaud this , But when ever we have had big jobs the only time I feel its been put to 7046 was when I had the job offers of Liverpool and Spurs which I made sure 2 of 7046's best lower league managers at the time which were Benji and Danny. I put it to everyone in 7046 at the time who wanted the job and I made the right choice in the end.

When the Arsenal job went to Themar , It wasnt discussed on the thread but no one battered an eyelid because hes a big forumer. When Sean was employed at Wigan no one again battered an eyelid despite having several jobs in 7046 because its Sean but again not a personal attack but he made no personal contribution before hand. People on the waiting list like Richard007 (now at notts) and Rutts (Norwich) despite being very keen were completely ignored which was wrong.

When shenan was here before hand before most of you who commented against him today , He was a good forumer who contributed a lot to 7046 , He built good sides , did lots of internal deals , good poster on the thread and did MR time to time. He left because he was suffering and he had exams fair enough. He deserved a chance here becuase simply I knew he would contribute to the GW like he did before hand. But because many of you guys havent heard of him you didnt want him. I feel at the moment theres 2 different rules for different people which is wrong.

As for the waiting list , I appreciate what Craig is trying to do but many didnt gave a damn before hand when Themar , Sean and others joined over the lights of Ruts and Richard who were on the waiting and were very keen to get in here? And besides most of those on the waiting barely visit the forums or dont check. Ive spoken to a few people on there about jobs but most dont want to start at the bottom.

The only thing Shenan and Raz did majorly wrong is agree a big deal like they did as I feel they would acknowledge it seemed dodgy to everyone but I know it would have been above board.

And be careful what you wish for , You had a decent manager who would have contributed and now you could have Hammer controlling one of the best teams.

And just a final point , Im not attacking Themar's appointment at Arsenal. I like the guy and is a top manager. Im using him as a point to the convo

Right time to post my response

This what I said after Sean left us on Wednesday in game ' date=' I love the guy but I had to use him as an example and will do here.

In terms of discussing a job offer on the thread I very much applaud this , But when ever we have had big jobs the only time I feel its been put to 7046 was when I had the job offers of Liverpool and Spurs which I made sure 2 of 7046's best lower league managers at the time which were Benji and Danny. I put it to everyone in 7046 at the time who wanted the job and I made the right choice in the end.

When the Arsenal job went to Themar , It wasnt discussed on the thread but no one battered an eyelid because hes a big forumer. When Sean was employed at Wigan no one again battered an eyelid despite having several jobs in 7046 because its Sean but again not a personal attack but he made no personal contribution before hand. People on the waiting list like Richard007 (now at notts) and Rutts (Norwich) despite being very keen were completely ignored which was wrong.

When shenan was here before hand before most of you who commented against him today , He was a good forumer who contributed a lot to 7046 , He built good sides , did lots of internal deals , good poster on the thread and did MR time to time. He left because he was suffering and he had exams fair enough. He deserved a chance here becuase simply I knew he would contribute to the GW like he did before hand. But because many of you guys havent heard of him you didnt want him. I feel at the moment theres 2 different rules for different people which is wrong.

As for the waiting list , I appreciate what Craig is trying to do but many didnt gave a damn before hand when Themar , Sean and others joined over the lights of Ruts and Richard who were on the waiting and were very keen to get in here? And besides most of those on the waiting barely visit the forums or dont check. Ive spoken to a few people on there about jobs but most dont want to start at the bottom.

The only thing Shenan and Raz did majorly wrong is agree a big deal like they did as I feel they would acknowledge it seemed dodgy to everyone but I know it would have been above board.

And be careful what you wish for , You had a decent manager who would have contributed and now you could have Hammer controlling one of the best teams.

And just a final point , Im not attacking Themar's appointment at Arsenal. I like the guy and is a top manager. Im using him as a point to the convo[/quote']

My thoughts exactly Dom very well written! If the face fits no issues if it don't well........:rolleyes:

Yes good post Dom, but unless I am mistaken a little contradictory?. You highlight the appointment of Sean and to a degree Mar as examples of big name forumers wrongly jumping the queue ( so to speak). You then appear to advocate the appointment of Shehan on past performance, surely the premise is the same?. Perhaps you are suggesting greater scrutiny of potential newcomers?, if so by whom?..the manager with the job offer?..does that not make the waiting list even more irrelevant?

One point about Roy ending up with the Northampton job, that i'm afraid to say was the result of Shehans abrupt ( and unnecessary) resignation and of course the lack of a policy which we all adhere to. :)

Hey looks like I missed all the fun, nice to see the thread busy with debate even though a lot of the posts are argumentative garbage.

Raz was doing his best to bring in someone of merit for the job and Sheehan fits that bill, did Raz have ulterior motives when bringing him in, when doesn't Raz have ulterior motives but that is not the point, I am not sure why this one job has caused so much outcry, yes they have some decent young talent but they are down in the depths of division three relegation zone.

Pick someone from the waiting list or don't pick someone from the waiting list that is a personal choice as it is only there as an extra asset, the main thing is bringing in a good forumer who actually wants the job, who will contribute to 7046, anyway it looks like Sheehan has been hounded out, not a good example for 7046 and now the job has went on offer to Hammer, if he takes it anyone with older aged English talents will have great bargaining tools.