English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

I personally feel that promoting from within is by far the best method when appointing new managers. There has to be some kind of incentive for the guys at the bottom of the pyramid who realistically have no chance of getting to the top. It must be so frustrating for them to put so much work in and then see someone just swoop in and land a cushty job while they continue to grind it out down the bottom. I think that whenever a job becomes free internal managers should have 24 hours or so to declare there interest' date=' if nobody does it goes to the waiting list. This allows for promoting from within as well as bringing in new blood.[/quote']

The best managers can take any team to the top in a 4 division EC, a lot of lower league managers enjoy the grind as there's more of a challenge to take a team through the divisions and it can be done - Carlisle, Bristol City, Bury, Exeter, Walsall etc are all testament to that.

The argument could well be made the other way that if you're struggling with a lower division club why should you get handed a cushty job on a plate when decent managers are waiting to get in.

Is promoting from within just because someone has been here a while sufficient, or would that make 7046 a bit of a clique?

But that just takes me back to my earlier point about what the criteria should be, who sets it etc...maybe Dave's all-powerful tyrant/despot idea (why am i not surprised Dave suggested a totalitarian solution!;))is the right idea - hand over the power and responsibility and then we don't have to worry about it all :D

• Replies 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom Latouche

• Jooles

• sirmarkhughes

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread LATEST ARTICLE ADDED TO THE BLOG... ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 7046'S TOP 25 LEAGUE GOAL SCORERS http://www.ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/english

English Championship 7046(51429) Set Up Creator (Aaron Duffy) Game World Id : 51429 Clubs Taken 80/80 (100%) Welcome to one of the most active and competitive Set Ups on Soccer Manager.

Posted Images

No' date=' more a case of coming up with something that everyone can at least work with, you (like everyone else) admitted there are problems with the way job offers are handled so i'm puzzled as to why you would you object if[u'] collectively [/u] a new way of doing things was spoke about?.

No objections from me I'm just fascinated as to whether consensus can be reached on the criteria for who deserves what job.

You are effectively trying to agree a system for deciding who is most worthy for a particular job and I can't see when there are so many factors involved how that can be achieved - post count, average number of games per job, previous successes, popularity, transfer policies, etc.

All new managers will need to be thoroughly briefed on the house rules as well otherwise they'll be pilloried as soon as they step out of line.

I guess to me it just seems a shame that all this is deemed necessary when there is really only one rule people need to follow - don't offer a job to a muppet :o

The best managers can take any team to the top in a 4 division EC' date=' a lot of lower league managers enjoy the grind as there's more of a challenge to take a team through the divisions and it can be done - Carlisle, Bristol City, Bury, Exeter, Walsall etc are all testament to that.

The argument could well be made the other way that if you're struggling with a lower division club why should you get handed a cushty job on a plate when decent managers are waiting to get in.

Is promoting from within just because someone has been here a while sufficient, or would that make 7046 a bit of a clique?

But that just takes me back to my earlier point about what the criteria should be, who sets it etc...maybe Dave's all-powerful tyrant/despot idea (why am i not surprised Dave suggested a totalitarian solution!;))is the right idea - hand over the power and responsibility and then we don't have to worry about it all :D[/quote']

I took Huddersfield from division 3 to the top flight in my 120 games as manager, when Dom said he had the Liverpool job on offer and he wasn't taking it he asked for anyone who wished to be considered for the job to put their name forward which I did, I believe I got the job on merit for my good management and contribution to the gameworld but I could be wrong maybe it was a cliquey decision.

I guess to me it just seems a shame that all this is deemed necessary when there is really only one rule people need to follow - don't offer a job to a muppet :o

I agree with this as well as if and when a new manager comes into the set-up try to treat him with a little respect.

For what it's worth, I think promoting from within should be first option.

A lot of guys/gals join a GW at the beginning when all the big clubs have gone already.

Their only chance of getting a glamour club is to be offered it internally following a managerial departure.

If that option is given to an external player I think it's a slap in the face for someone who's been there since day1.

I say this as someone who was lucky enough to come in late.

A quick one line preview of all tonight's Round 2 Shield games.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2794718&postcount=664

Hope we don't get a hammering

9 (NINE) MILLWALL players OUT

Players out are:

ELIAS' date=' BARRIOS, VALDEZ, HENRY, COMPPER, GHOULAM, MYKHALYK, MALOUDA, CORCHIA[/font']

Well at least old misery guts Lauder hasn't got them' date=' look at the trouble he caused yesterday.. [/color']

What about to stop having this patronising attitude and let the lad who gets the job offer to do whatever he wants with it?

How old are you again?

A loss to this setup seeing Zak leave Swansea.. :(

Not really he hasn't been active in a long time :o

Guessing Khai won't be leaving Derby so now's probably a good time for people to declare interest in Wigan and Swansea jobs. Would be nice to see 1 or 2 of the smaller team managers get a shot should they wish.

What about to stop having this patronising attitude and let the lad who gets the job offer to do whatever he wants with it?

How old are you again?

I thought you said you wasn't going to post here anymore?' date=' or has mummy's little soldier calmed down a bit now?...i'm 62[/color']

Well at least old misery guts Lauder hasn't got them' date=' look at the trouble he caused yesterday.. [/color']

:P

How old are you again?

I don't think Dave means it Raz it's just what happens when you start knocking on a bit - get a bit like that myself these days - think it started when Boost bars hit 75p....75p!!! :mad:

I thought you said you wasn't going to post here anymore?' date=' or has mummy's little soldier calmed down a bit now?...i'm 62[/color']

62?! :eek:

Aye, and the rest Mr. Methuselah B):D;)

'SirMarkHughes cup preview one liner...'

Birmingham City - Exeter City

Birmingham to kick Premiership Exeter out on their ear.

The Blues fielded the young lads tonight to rest the big guns for the league clash against Southampton Wednesday.

Luis Veigas steered Birmingham City to victory against Exeter City.

Birmingham City beat Exeter City 1 - 0 in their English Shield Round 2 fixture.

Ruddy had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Agra was on the scoresheet for his side.

83_1_ng1972514.jpg

Agra celebrating his match winner

Massive result for the young lads, taking out the premiership guys who on paper should really have easily beaten us, but on the night Birmingham set themselves nicely and stuck to the job in hand. Deserved winners to be honest considering player for player differences and how they all played.

Liverpool up next in the Shield.... :rolleyes:

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

IPSWICH 2 MILLWALL 2

ENGLISH SHIELD

MILLWALL WIN 5-4 on penalties.

Injury hit MILLWALL pulled off an amazing shock tonight against a strong Ipswich side (D3, 2nd).

MILLWALL started the match without 9 of their first team.

IPSWICH had a strong lineup which included

TER STEGEN, FANNI, HOWEDES, BENDER, CABELLA (Man of match) MATUIDI, IBRAHIMOVIC, BALOTELLI,

Plenty of possession see's the Blades edge out a spirited Leyton Orient to book a spot in teh next round against my old chum Belkevitz's West Brom. Still, sod him as its back to the league and a big-un at home to the soon to be managerless Derby..its going so very well at the moment i might even write a match report :)

Our reserves did a brilliant job to despatch of Charlton's first 11 :D A mistake I made made sure I had a young 83 ovr CB against Negredo and the 83 kept him very quiet and assisted 2 goals :D How lucky is that? :D Delighted in the victory to be honest I felt I was going out looking at the teams :D

Got WestHam next , Interesting challenge :)

Looks like my alert nature has bagged a top manager again , Your welcome ;):PI kid

Better late than never but I am now the new manager of Wigan, the very same team that knocked me out of my midweek coupon last week, for the princely sum of £340.

The missus is also from that neck of the woods so these are not positive signs that bode well for the future.

Just getting my excuses in early.

Welcome Matt' date=' so Khai must have released that one, wonder if he is considering the other one?[/color']

He did , And I will state now before I get any accusations thrown my way , I have a good relationship with Khai but I never spoke to him about releasing Wigan for Matt but Matt sent me a mesage asking if there were any developments on 7046 and I just checked and wigan were free so I offered them to Matt :) If anyone complains about that they can bite me :)

And he didnt reject it , It expired because of the 5 day rule :) Knowing Khai I can pretty much guarentee he will not Derby for swansea so anyone looking to get in should remain alert :)