English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Wow!

Just got tonked 1-7 at home by Will's MK Dons with Defoe netting a hat-trick.

The loss drops me to 2nd and starts a mini-crisis at Newcastle being winless in 4 games, 2 draws and 2 losses.

Well done Will!

Time to head back to the drawing board and re-think a few things.

Welbeck at the Treble !!!!

Burnley 1 Swansea 3...

th?id=H.4958536652162200&w=215&h=154&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7th?id=H.4812164146005687&w=185&h=139&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

The Treble 1999 . steered Swansea City to victory against Burnley.

Swansea City outclassed Burnley and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Welbeck scored all 3 goals for Swansea City and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance. The win takes Swansea 3 points clear at the top of the table...

The Blades stroll into 5th after a straight forward 2-0 win at that new blokes Wigan, oh how i'd love to play them every week :P

Over in predictions land a brave Southampton were one goal away from the predicted score draw but the real story perhaps lies in the one Craig didn't use..

Chesterfield v Rotherham Uinited

Amid the mid season promotion jostling all eyes will be on the Proact Stadium on Saturday night as last seasons nearly men Chesterfield, take on Second placed Rotherham United.

Defeated in last seasons play-offs Chesterfield have once more confirmed their promotion credentials with a competent if not spectacular campaign that has so far steered them into an early 6th spot. After an unexpected dip in form manager Glory Days will no doubt be relieved to see his charges first steady the ship with back to back draws before returning back to winning ways with Wednesdays thumping 3-1 away win at Brighton. Key to the Spireites fortunes this season has been the form of top scorer Alberto Paloschi with the young Italian picking up his 8th strike of the season against the hapless Seaguls. With Paloschi's preferred striking partner Adam Lallana still a good week away from returning from a nagging shin injury, the Chesterfield boss is likely to continue with the same team that traveled so well to the South coast.

After initially struggling to find their feet, newly promoted Rotherham have quickly adapted to life in the third tier and following the glory of last seasons title winning effort are proving themselves as very serious contenders for the third division crown. A storming league run of 8 out of 9 victories sees United trailing leaders Peterborough by a single point and they come to the game on the back of the weekends ruthless 4-2 destruction of struggling Birmingham. Whilst soccer purists continue to question the so called kick and rush tactics of the ever abrasive manager Stewart Lauders team, the argumentative Scot remains typically unapologetic as he declared .... ''

Verdict: Whilst Rotherham come to the game firing on all cylinders, expect the game to be won in midfield as the well organised hosts first blunt their visitors attacking ardour before securing a memorable 2-0 win.

never mind tin ribs..:D

The Blades stroll into 5th after a straight forward 2-0 win at that new blokes Wigan' date=' oh how i'd love to play them every week :P[/color']

Over in predictions land a brave Southampton were one goal away from the predicted score draw but the real story perhaps lies in the one Craig didn't use..

never mind tin ribs..:D

Aye well played mate. Not had much time to do a great deal with my teams for tonight's games, in fact only won one out of 5 which was a needless friendly.

As my headmistress use to say "Must try harder" which was difficult as she was pig ugly and looked awful naked but needs must if I wanted good grades.

Wow!

Just got tonked 1-7 at home by Will's MK Dons with Defoe netting a hat-trick.

The loss drops me to 2nd and starts a mini-crisis at Newcastle being winless in 4 games' date=' 2 draws and 2 losses.

Well done Will!

Time to head back to the drawing board and re-think a few things.[/quote']

Thanks mate, the team seems to be gelling well at the moment :)

Willing to let badstuber leave, all bids will be considered :)

630.png4-3 392.png

M.FERNANDES 16

X.TORRES 32

Y.GOURCUFF 43

C.BAKAMBU 56

C.WOOD 69

R.PEREIRA 71

N.DYER 76

392.png

Simply an incredible game of football tonight at London Road as 12,385 spectators including 73 from Southampton :P witness Frozy give the baptism of fire to the new Saints manager Journal.

Came back from being a goal down 3 times, before Nathan Dyer finally sealed things with a beautiful strike that confused Demirel and whistled into top corner.

nathandyer_1618223a.jpg

Nathan Dyer salutes the Peterborough faithful

Chesterfield 4 Rotherham 0

Chesterfield continued their good form with our second win on the trot, dismantling Rotherham 4 - 0. Mercurial Mehmet Ekci got the MOTM by grabbing one goal and three assists, Italian Alberto Paloschi is experiencing a purple patch, getting a goal. Argentine Marcos Rojo grabbed a rare goal and Leon Britton sealed the result.

What made me more proud of the result was that our make shift side who was without Adam Lallana and Koo Ja Cheol. We put Ekici on the left and shifted Sulejmani on the right with Garmash returning into the starting line up in the middle of the park. Our make shift side grabbed an important result and keeps us in the hunt for a promotion spot

Another piece of pleasing news was the rating increase of Kevin Vogt and Koo Ja Cheol's position change which makes him even more versatile, being able to play in the centre of midfield.

Kevin Vogt 84 -> 85

I'm pleased that Vogt had risen as he is getting more time at Augsburg and now he grabbed a deserved rise. He joins a growing contigent of rising, young central midfielders with Felix Kroos (85), Alfred Duncan (85) and Sergio Oliveria (83) all under the age of 23

Nice prediction Longnose :D

Birmingham beat Bournemouth

A mixture of first team players and youth took to the field for Birmingham, and the came away with 3 points and a very impressive performance!

Luis Veigas steered Birmingham City to victory against AFC Bournemouth.

Birmingham City beat AFC Bournemouth 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Johnson scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Bezus was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Sansone, Delph, Coquelin and Bezus where called up to start, all putting in a very good performance especially Bezus who scored 1 and had another disallowed!

Muller, Noble, Cvitanich and Cerci where all rested for Monday's shield crash with Liverpool, and I'm hoping it pays off.

--------------

Muller also got a rise 88 > 89!

All in all, a very good positive day for Birmingham!

Watford 2-5 Walsall

M.Klose 11, M.Dembele 25, 50, 80, 89

J.Locadia 33, S.Larsson 35

Walsall turn over Watford at Vicarage Road thanks to a Dembele masterclass. The win makes it 6 wins on the bounce and see's us rise to 4th. Very tough run of games coming up, in the next 5 games we play Swansea, Newcastle, Portsmouth, Huddersfield and Burnley.

Bolton totally outclassed by Dan's Liverpool

Things are not looking good at the moment......

Need to mould this side into my type of team......Too many glory boys and no balance at the moment.....

Anyway...Well done to the Dan......

Unlucky Neil yes it does seem like your team is in a transitional period.

We switched up to our formation to try and end that wee bad run we were on, Rooney was marvelous again with a goal and 2 assists, Navas and Ribery were also on the scoresheet for us before Mata pulled back a late goal for Bolton, pleased with the 3 points.

Stoke 1-2 BURY

Finally nice to pick up our second win since taking over with Loic Remy's double seeing us gain 3 valuable points in the league.

Garay is available to go IF we get a sufficient offer for him we need to try and rebuild the small squad we have at Gigg lane.

We take on Birmingham in the Shield tomorrow, we will be resting players bar first XI stars Neuer, Silva & Castan, we got turfed out the cup by Brentford so I might have a few quid on Birmingham myself.

XI FOR THE SHIELD

M.NEUER

BONUCCI~~SILVA~~GARCÍA~~CASTÁN

KONOPLYANK~~TIOTÉ~~SAPONARA~~HRGOTA

SAMARAS~~GONZÁLEZ

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

SHIELD LATEST

MILLWALL travel to the Reebok Stadium to play D1 team Bolton.

We will be resting players due to NMF enough, we need them for our league match on Wednesday. However, we will go there with our strongest possible team to try and win the game to qualify to next round.

BARRIOS and MAICON will not play any part as they won't be in the squad at all.

• CORCHIA won't play after being re-called by Sunderland

We take on Birmingham in the Shield tomorrow' date=' we will be resting players bar first XI stars Neuer, Silva & Castan, we got turfed out the cup by Brentford so I might have a few quid on Birmingham myself.

[b']XI FOR THE SHIELD[/b]

M.NEUER

BONUCCI~~SILVA~~GARCÍA~~CASTÁN

KONOPLYANK~~TIOTÉ~~SAPONARA~~HRGOTA

SAMARAS~~GONZÁLEZ

Will be hoping on a win, good cup run is what Birmingham are needing! :)

Carlisle United 3 - 0 Blackburn Rovers

We come crashing back down to earth with a comprehensive defeat to end or unbeaten run.

Play Stockport in the shield tonight. A completely new 11 will play, as my 1st team is a bit knackered.

Still got the cup if all goes wrong tonight.