English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Charlton Athletic Appoint Adriano As New Manager

After 2 1/2 years in charge at The Valley; previous manager Chris Hogg stepped down yesterday and was replaced by the morning. The Chairman's first choice replacement - Burnley manager Hazr - turned down the offer and so it was passed down to 7046 newcomer Adriano.

Hoping to book a place in 7046 for a period of months' date=' the new man in charge has never had the opportunity to manage in the top division of a Forum Active Gameworld before but has experience in both 7777 and 28697 where he currently tops the Division 4 table in each.

"This is going to be a huge challenge for me, to adapt and build around a big side like Charlton in a prestigious Gameworld like this. Many might argue that it should have gone to an internal manager but I'm just happy to get in and its simply a bonus to be facing the big boys in arguably the greatest Gameworld available."

Charlton, who currently face the prospect of a relegation battle, play their first game in this new era against Middlesbrough (at home) on Saturday.[/quote']

Welcome mate. I'm sure you will do well as you seem to in any other forum setup.

Welcome Adriano and good luck with Charlton' date=' hard game to start with against former Champs Boro.[/quote']

Thanks, yes I've noticed their manager is listed in the top current managers and with players like Aguero and Xavi its going to be a really tough start. I look forward to it, though.

hi guys. its time after there long years of SM addiction to finally call it a day. its been a blast and ive made some great friends in here but alas its time to move on...... :D

Blimey the new year resolutions have started early this year :eek:...see you in a few weeks Gazza ;)

Charlton Athletic Appoint Adriano As New Manager

After 2 1/2 years in charge at The Valley; previous manager Chris Hogg stepped down yesterday and was replaced by the morning. The Chairman's first choice replacement - Burnley manager Hazr - turned down the offer and so it was passed down to 7046 newcomer Adriano.

Hoping to book a place in 7046 for a period of months' date=' the new man in charge has never had the opportunity to manage in the top division of a Forum Active Gameworld before but has experience in both 7777 and 28697 where he currently tops the Division 4 table in each.

"This is going to be a huge challenge for me, to adapt and build around a big side like Charlton in a prestigious Gameworld like this. Many might argue that it should have gone to an internal manager but I'm just happy to get in and its simply a bonus to be facing the big boys in arguably the greatest Gameworld available."

Charlton, who currently face the prospect of a relegation battle, play their first game in this new era against Middlesbrough (at home) on Saturday.[/quote']

Good luck with Charlton fella & welcome to 7046 :)

Yes its a shame to see Chris go.....Top manager in my book

Harry Redknapp steered Wycombe Wanderers to victory against Cardiff City.

Wycombe Wanderers hammered Cardiff City 6 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

De Jong scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Sinclair and Elmander were also amongst the goalscorers.

Was not expecting that but lost Joe Cole to suspension so a lot to change for the next outing.

Nice to see Adriano in here!

Says something about how awful the managerial job offers system works that I got offered the job offer, my results have been atrocious this season, there's no way I should have got it! :P

Anyway, one of Griezmann, Callejon or Prieto can leave Burnley in exchange for a CM. Get in contact with me if interested :)

The offer for John Obi MIKEL of Wolverhampton Wanderers from Bristol City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The deal see's both Moses and Micah Richards leave. Paying quite a heavy price but really needed a good rated CM to partner Cabaye as i have been having to play Diame. Pleasure dealing with Rick.

Now on the lookout for a premier league RB, so looking at the likes of Debuchy, Coleman etc so if you have a premier league RB i may well be in contact soon.

Begovic

? - Jagielka - Cahill - Enrique

Cabaye - Mikel

Young - Michu - Rose

Ba

Thanks for the messages of condolences lads' date='just felt i had taken Charlton as far i could go with them,had a blast in the best gameworld on SM.

Would like to say i might be back in the future but would be hard with another team other than Charlton:o[/quote']

You will be missed Chris, you achieved well at Charlton winning D3 & D2 and kept Charlton in the top flight ever since, I hope you come back one day as I enjoyed out battles.

Afternoon all, been a while once again. Hope everybody is keeping well and had a good christmas :)

Not too much going on from your current champions B) managed in recent weeks to get a few points on the board, most recently scalping top of the table spurs to give me a buffer away from the fear of relegation. Hopefully can go on a bit of a run and get into the top 10 and see where we go from there.

The offer for Clint DEMPSEY of Seattle Sounders from Everton has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Had clint back in my Bristol city days and was a big fan of his so nice to get him over on Merseyside. Suprised not to have any contesting bids but there you go, dirt cheap and will slot right into the 2nd/cup team very nicely.

Would a combination of Williams + Adebyor get me any prem based players?

Oh and sorry if youve Pm'd me recently, ive got sloppy with stuff like that so it was ignored in all honesty, il make sure in the future to keep on top of them tho.

All i need now is Suarez' rise so il have him and Robben on 94's, neat :P

Nice to see you alive and Kicking Shack and Everton are improving. Hope you had a great christmas and your family are doing well :)

Fulham news

That GK Rulli that I got laughed at for signing has risen again +1 to 83. Hes still being linked with City , Barcelona and Napoli :)

And finally a rise ive been waiting all my life for Benatia is 91 :) Seems a long time ago I picked him up from the scrapheap at 87 :)

Nice to see you alive and Kicking Shack and Everton are improving. Hope you had a great christmas and your family are doing well :)

Fulham news

That GK Rulli that I got laughed at for signing has risen again +1 to 83. Hes still being linked with City ' date=' Barcelona and Napoli :)

And finally a rise ive been waiting all my life for Benatia is 91 :) Seems a long time ago I picked him up from the scrapheap at 87 :)[/quote']

That Rulli,the best talent which I ever seen.Definetly going to play over Reina/Rafael Hart/Pantilimon and probably Ter Stegen/Pinto.Such an amazing keeper lol.A fail like Andrada,though he never been hyped like Andrada.Only Dom heard about him.I can find you a guy from India being linked with Arsenal and Napoli.That means he's good?:P

MAJOR CRISIS AT NEWCASTLE

Newcastle slumped to their 5th loss in their last 7 games(winless in 8) on Wednesday.

Newcastle, top of the table and flying high in the early stages of the league and once 6pt clear at the top of the championship now find themselves in 6th place and dropping like a stone.

Added to the misery is that Robert Lewandowski, top scorer in the Championship was badly injured in the game on Wednesday and is out for the next 5 weeks

Probelms, probelms, probelms!

I have noticed that EC7046 has had its fair share of bad publicity/criticism over the last few weeks from left, right and centre, some rightly so, hopefully we can put that behind us and continue to show people why this is the best set up on SM.

Here is something positive with a TBM preview for a match from each division.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2813388&postcount=665

As well as receiving multiple bids, I've also been getting messages regarding Negredo so I thought it best to explain the situation to all:

After considering a magnitude of offers, I've decided to not sell Negredo for the time being. The English Premier League review is just around the corner and his form credits a possible rise so I'd be rather annoyed if I sold him now and then have his value increase a few weeks later.

After the English Premier League review, I'll consider all offers again - particularly 2-for-1s.

In the mean time, though, I have plenty of other players available that have perhaps slipped under the radar beneath my best player.

Aston Villa face 12th placed Portsmouth tonight as we hope to continue our rise up the table. Villa have in fact released their starting XI for the match against Portsmouth tonight:

Aston Villa: Adler, Chiriches, Dorado, Howedes, Oczipka, M. Suarez, Lestienne, Moutinho, Werner, Sarabia, Kiessling

Players to watch out for: Stefan Kiessling - Villa's top goal-scorer and top assist giver this season

Timo Werner - First start for Villa in his career (league) and is full of potential at just 17 year of age

Mark Preston steered Newcastle United to victory against Blackpool.

Newcastle United beat Blackpool 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Llorente scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Sneijder was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Phew! at last!

FIRST win in the last 9 games. Lewandowski got crocked on Wednesday and is out for 5 weeks so Vucinic and Llorente lead the line.

The win takes me up to 5th