English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Very nice to see Ibra and Defoe coming together nicely to both be in TOTD.

The partnership that the two are building will be crucial in our season.

We are one point off of the play offs, with 9 to play and a decent GD. When spoken to earlier Defoe had this to say:

I have spoken to the gaffer and know how proud he is of my 19 goals this season. Bringing in Ibra has really helped me, the big guy knocks it down and I put it in.

We are all very confident this year. Looking at the games coming up we feel that we can get 17 points. A few draws and a couple of losses may come about in the 9 games but we think 17 points is fair enough looking at the oppo we have.

That would give us 61 points. Hopefully enough, but it is down to the teams around us to win all their games and getting more points than we do. Get a couple lucky breaks and I think we could get 20 or 21 out of the 27 available,then who knows.

If I can get up to 25 for the season then I think we will get into the play offs,so it is on me to pay back the faith the gaffer has in me. Gotta try and keep Osvaldo out of my spot.

Jermain-Defoe-001.jpg

A confident Defoe.

Chesterfield 2 Ipswich 2

Chesterfield got a solid point against better opposition but the highlight of the game was the sending off of Lars Bender. Sulejmani and Henriquez grabbed the goals while Theo Walcott got a brace.

Wonderkid Angelo Henriquez grabbed his first ever goal for Chesterfield and it was encouraging to see the young kid show some of his potential spark.

We have steadied the ship after four consecutive losses countering that with a win over Reading and a draw here, hopefully we can keep it up.

Priority is still avoiding relegation

THE SON SPORT #2

Here is issue #2 after all the good feedback...

SONSPORT2_zps84998ddb.jpg

Hope it's up to the high standards that this GW deserves!

Also I've taken the liberty to zoom in on this issue's book offer...

harrybook_zps2b66a4f1.jpg

Bargain now with the price dropping from £19.99 to £1.99.

ENJOY!!!:P;)

Also I've taken the liberty to zoom in on this issue's book offer...

harrybook_zps2b66a4f1.jpg

Bargain now with the price dropping from £19.99 to £1.99.

ENJOY!!!:P;)[/center]

So true!

Look at his deals so far, bought in:

Ronaldinho for 10 million :eek::eek:

Scwarzer when he has Lloris :eek::eek::eek:

Read back through the thread to see my transfer policy being called into question.

It's true that I got better monetary deals for Sergi Roberto but I chose the Fulham deal for a number of reasons:

1. I couldn't accept just cash as I was in debt and had only 21 players (the Drogba deal fell through because of that, and I forgot to ask for two 70 rated players to give me a bit of lee-way.)

2. Arsenal offered me a big deal, but after accepting a big deal from Wycombe for Jay Rodriguez (Wycombe being managed by the current Arsenal manager) I didn't want people thinking that there was any fishy business.

3. I intend to build my squad around English-based players, as I watch the English leagues more than the Spanish leagues. To save money I plan to have a first team rated about 85 on average with subs and reserves no higher than 80. The offers I received for Roberto had players involved who would have gone against that plan.

Should have an entire new first team in before the next league game. Still looking for offers for Fontas, Isaksson, Pizarro and Krejci.

Guest FallenAngel

adyudz.jpg

Fallen Angel takes control of Wycombe Wanderers.

Wycombe Wanderers were founded in 1887 and play their home games at Adams Park in High Wycombe. The club is also known as The Chairboys. They have a rivalry with Colchester United and Oxford United.

Many thanks to Longnose for helping me get in.

Guest FallenAngel

Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

everyone in my first team squad is available - but not had time to check out my youth squad so far so barring an outstanding offer, my youth squad are staying put for now

I wouldn't worry about 'Richard' questioning your deal, it is plain to see it is all above board, a bit of as non-story TBH.

you're absolutely correct - except that Mr Burrows was never the target of my comments.

I have never questioned the legitimacy of the deal either and am certainly not given to reporting deals I don't personally "approve of", unlike some others.

In truth, I dont give two wiggles of a duck's behind what price any manager buys or sells for if he genuinely feels happy with the deal offered.

It was the buyer's behaviour that puzzled me, the same individual having joined in the cacaphony of criticism of some low bids I'd made...only to do exactly the same thing within hours.

you're absolutely correct - except that Mr Burrows was never the target of my comments.

I have never questioned the legitimacy of the deal either and am certainly not given to reporting deals I don't personally "approve of"' date=' unlike some others.

In truth, I dont give two wiggles of a duck's behind what price any manager buys or sells for if he genuinely feels happy with the deal offered.

It was the buyer's behaviour that puzzled me, the same individual having joined in the cacaphony of criticism of some low bids I'd made...only to do exactly the same thing within hours.[/quote']

Yeah I read your comment and I know it was aimed at Dom, something about you were insulted with the double standards or some chit.

You did insinuate that Mr. Burrows a mug though somewhere hidden in a ditty about lions and gazelles.

.. how have they been doing this ? :confused:

One of the woes of having a so called bigger side, happens all the time, it can be frustrating.

You did insinuate that Mr. Burrows a mug though somewhere hidden in a ditty about lions and gazelles.

it's true...i did say that.

Well, anyway, I'll not bring up the subject of transfers again.

There is no "right answer" to any of it and I was, when all is said and done, responding to the initial crticism of my club's dealings which was misplaced.

yes' date=' I noticed you pulled out, Dom, thanks for that

however, soon after you pulled out Notts County bid

they have stronger bid so nothing i can do coz no cash, had to p/x and offer 1.2m[/font']

was hoping ERDING would replace BARRIOS but it won't be I'm afraid, I always lose out on such coz i can't compete with other clubs due to lack of funds.

had to send KIRCHHOFF back to Spurs coz he got red carded and misses 3 games, i can't afford to keep him on bench, so i got cover from Liverpool, cheers, Dan

Ansaldi and Sneijder made the TOTD! - Nice one :)

The me of last year would have been very cross but I think you have misunderstood my criticism , I was unhappy with your rant criticizing the market in 7046 and disagreed with your way thinking which was triggered when you tryed to justify offering 6 million for a 89 fwd age 26. I thought I explained myself well but never mind :)

I dont care if you take advantage which ive said and I think you have too when you can like Ive said as well. At the end of the day I wouldnt have said anything but your rant I felt was incorrect. At the end of the day your right theres no right or wrong but I certainly not going to be accused of doing double standards :) But as of now I want an end to this so I will not post any more about the subject either :)

In terms of transfers alongside Sergi

Dan Burn , This one I can be accused of double standards after scouting him since 79 ovr , Ive said to a few people he is rubbish which I do think he is but he started for Fulham and is worth me buying him to sell on later :)

Victor Garcia , He has played through the ranks at Porto and seems a very capable player and with there track record then Its worth 1 million to gamble :)

Just a few more for the youth team :D