English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Up to 4th and now 2 points behind again :P

A very decent 3-1 with Javier staring again :) We desperately need 3 points against Stoke then its the big clash VS Everton as if Shack beats me then they are in the race as well :) We are scraping for a lifes , We are the people that just wont bugger off into the corner we always fight :)

#Keepingdreamsalive

Mark Preston steered Newcastle United to victory against Huddersfield Town.

Newcastle United beat Huddersfield Town 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Lewandowski scored the winner for Newcastle United and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Nice little 1-0 win over high-flying Huddersfield. Must admit this was a surprise scoreline from my point of view.

Lewandowski grabbed the only goal, his first goal since his return from his 6 week injury.

Remain in 8th despite the win.

BadgeDoncaster_Rovers.png

2-1 win over Millwall keeps up our good run of form and helping us move up the table.

Think i need to have a word with my players though' date=' the amount of 'abuse' they give the ref in the matches the club would be getting regular fines from the FA :D[/font']

yes and you scored the winner when you were down to 10 men

Guest FallenAngel

Fallen Angel steered Wycombe Wanderers to victory against Sheffield Wednesday.

Wycombe Wanderers outclassed Sheffield Wednesday and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Santos was on the scoresheet for his side.

In other news, looks like I'm keeping Westermann after failing to receive a suitable offer

D3

CHESTERFIELD 0 NORTHAMPTON 1

Basically a 1-0 massacre

Five matches into the new regime with just 1 defeat has seen Cobblers climb 4 places and become the division's form side for the moment.

A playoff place is possible even now, but having started 4th from bottom it seems the promotion challenge will probably have to wait until next season.

A team of young lions - sadly led by donkeys for much of the past year. How can you not get promoted with a squad like this?

Money the big worry though. Our record ever crowd is less than 8,000

A solid point at Derby keeps Latty's Blades in 4th spot and due to the courtesy of Marks and Bens fine wins, one point closer to Huddersfield and second placed Swansea. A win would have been nice but lack of a suitable center half meant an uncomfortable switch to 3-2-2-1 tonight so no complaints here..M/R tomorrow. :)

I'm annoyed I didn't get another draw :D

Nice win for Bolton 3-1 against Blackburn

Stats tell me we deserved the win

Thanks for the game Gonzo

My thoughts are the title is between Raz and Dom now.....Like I mentioned the other day they have the easiest schedule of the top 6...

But we shall see

D3

CHESTERFIELD 0 NORTHAMPTON 1

Congrats Richard' date=' it was a very dominant 1-0 display from Northampton. We didn't stand a chance when our first effort on goal was in the 46th minute and we only had three chances at goal in the entire match.

Things have gone from bad to worse with Chesterfield only 7 points away from the relegation drop zone with 8 games to go.

Next up is a relegation six pointer against Southampton, so a huge game for our Division Three survival.

In rare transfer news

Giannis MANIATIS has completed his move to Oldham Athletic from Chesterfield for 8,000,000

A loyal Chesterfield servant since the start of my reign has departed to Oldham. The offer was a fair amount and he is a consistent performer so I think Oldham is getting a good deal as well.

Mitchell DIJKS has completed his move to Chesterfield from AS Livorno for 1,270,000

Another young fullback comes to bolster of defense. I'm surprised that I got him unopposed, of course I'm not complaining :) but he is getting 1000+ minutes at Heereveen, so he is destined for a rise.

Niall Taylor earned a draw with West Ham United against Notts County.

The match ended 1 - 1 between West Ham United and Notts County in their Division 2 fixture.

Ba was on the scoresheet for his side.

Think we should of just edged it but at least we didnt loose:rolleyes:

Liverpool continue there chit run, no wins in seven now has the fans burning season tickets and throwing cans of irn bru at the myself and the assistant in the dugout, a 3-1 defeat to Man United confounds the misery for the Liverpool faithful.

Good Game SOP.

Would have been on last night but I smashed my mouse and have just managed to get a replacement.

Congrats Richard, it was a very dominant 1-0 display from Northampton. We didn't stand a chance when our first effort on goal was in the 46th minute and we only had three chances at goal in the entire match.

Thanks for being magnanimous and best of luck v Saints

We face league leaders Posh in 2 turns time - but first up is a tricky one against Barnsley. It's another crucial match so we're expecting over 40 people to turn up

Bit of transfer activity at Chelsea, we sign Luc Casnos in a deal which sees Wissam Ben Yedder & 5m go the other way to Derby. Casnos has been great this season with 12 goals and 3 assists in the Eredivise for Twente who're currently second in the league.

Pretty happy with this deal, wanted to loan out Casnos but for some reason my chairman won't let me loan him out :/

A big game for us next against West Brom as we try to salvage our season and stop the rot that has set in, we are winless in seven and face a West Brom side who easily beat us 2-0 in the reverse fixture when we were in a great streak of form, am I confident? I sure am.![NOT]

And Mr. Latimer step our from your pulpit and stop preaching hate, we saw you sniffing about at our training the other day, I think you are in collusion with Boy Wonder in the laying down if this hex, stop it now or I will be forced to send a few of the fans round to burgle your car and pick your pockets.

Should Blackburn sack their manager?

With just 7 games of the EC7046 season remaining, pressure is mounting on Blackburn manager Gonzodan. Blackburn are languishing in 18th place in their first season in Division 1, three points from safety.

Do managerial sackings actually work?

_69326397_manager_sackings_464.gif

The simple answer is 'no not really'. However regardless of the statistics, Gonzodan will be hoping a win tonight in a "6 pointer" against fellow strugglers Exeter City will offer his team a lifeline, and not rely on the statistical acumen of the Blackburn board.