English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Niall Taylor steered West Ham United to victory against Yeovil Town.

West Ham United outclassed Yeovil Town and beat them 4 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Danny scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Albiol and Denisov were also amongst the goalscorers.

This really is the best GW in SM:cool:

Mark Preston steered Newcastle United to victory against Swansea City.

Newcastle United beat Swansea City 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Lewandowski scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Llorente was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Finally finding a little bit of form. backup to 6th in the league and in the last playoff spot. 5 games remaining and a good few teams close and chasing me for that last playoff spot.

div 3

PETERBOROUGH 0 NORTHAMPTON 0

A point at the league leaders is probably not a bad result - but we should have won it. Across the board stats advantage - but Posh held out with gk getting man-of-the match.

Face Swindon next - our third top 6 opponent on the trot.

We've lost just 1 in last 6, but only won 2. Need a win to be safe from relegation so we'll throw the kitchen sink at Swindon

Finally finding a little bit of form. backup to 6th in the league and in the last playoff spot. 5 games remaining and a good few teams close and chasing me for that last playoff spot.

Huge game for us next ;)

Managed a win today and we are up to third with 5 to play. Defoe netted again :)

Ah Im not going to come out with the bravado saying I will beat you and blah blah.

I and you both know you will win tommorow as your a pain in my backside and quite frankly Im running out of ideas and I dont know where my next turn is.

Im becoming very disheartened to be honest :(

Well Ive proved myself wrong.

We produce a heart fought performance to squeeze out Everton 1-0 :) After Sunderland's humbling we are 3 points off top. This season is going to be the death of Dom I think :P

We face the old fool's United but we are now in dangerous territory with both CB's Koscielny and Benatia injured and they are the best part of the team :) But Capoue and Reintarz have to step up and be counted!

BRIGHTON were 4 games without a win before our trip to Chesterfield last night.

a strange game saw us take 3 points with a 4-3 win.

2-0 up at half time and feeling comfortable, we were then 3-2 down in the 77th minute with 2 men sent off despite the opposition having the 'hard' tackling tactic.

we then score in the 85th & 86th minute to get a lucky 3 points.

even stats except for our 66% possession.

this put us top on goal difference, mainly because none of the top clubs have put a good run together and with us only having 59 points from 33 games, I think it shows how hard this division is.

Gycokei.png

West Brom 2 - 4 Chelsea

Chelsea were very lucky last night to emerge as 2-4 victors against West Brom as the home side had more shots & chances and were probably the better side on the night. In the end, it was the firepower in the Chelsea team which got them the victory, Carlos Tevez, Edinson Cavani & Diego Costa getting the 3 points for the Blues. Manager Hancock only made one change to the side that drew against United, Neymar coming into the team instead of Isco.

Cech (92)

Ivanovic (92) Ramos (95) Terry (91) Lahm © (95)

Neymar (93) Vidal (93) Costa (92) Silva (94)

Tevez (93)

Cavani (94)

Marcell Jansen opened the scoring in the 26th minute giving West Brom a 1-0 lead but it only took 2 minutes for Chelsea to equalize - Tevez putting the ball in the back of the net from Costa's through ball. Tevez then scored another just 5 minutes later, Costa with the assist again - this providing a cross which Tevez headed into the goal. Soon after the match restarted in the second-half (46th minute), Tevez completed his hat-trick, Costa providing his 3rd assist on the night. The Spaniard just couldn't be stopped by the West Brom defense and he gave his 4th assist of the match in the 65th minute, this time for Edinson Cavani. West Brom pulled one back in the 82nd minute but it was too little too late.

This is what manager Hancock had to say after the game:

"I'm very happy with the win, it was a close match and West Brom were impressive tonight and were unlucky not to get anything from the match. All credit for the victory has to go to our attacking trio of Tevez, Costa and Cavani, they were amazing tonight, especially Costa. He was a part of almost every attack tonight and he set up all 4 of our goals, incredibly performance by him and I hope he can continue playing like he did tonight."

Well Ive proved myself wrong.

We produce a heart fought performance to squeeze out Everton 1-0 :) After Sunderland's humbling we are 3 points off top. This season is going to be the death of Dom I think :P

We face the old fool's United but we are now in dangerous territory with both CB's Koscielny and Benatia injured and they are the best part of the team :) But Capoue and Reintarz have to step up and be counted!

Congrats bud! You know you've been screwed when the opposition keeper puts in a MOM performance :P

All jokes aside i hope you can finally pick up the title. If i got to choose who gets it after me (techincally im still champion B)) id like it to be you :)

Mostly just to get it over and done with, sick of seeing you always missing out lol.

EDIT - oh and transfers anybody? wouldnt mind doing a deal or two if possible. Hunteelar, Ayew and possibly Robben may be available to shift out. Let me know in game.

Congrats bud! You know you've been screwed when the opposition keeper puts in a MOM performance :P

All jokes aside i hope you can finally pick up the title. If i got to choose who gets it after me (techincally im still champion B)) id like it to be you :)

Mostly just to get it over and done with' date=' sick of seeing you always missing out lol.

EDIT - oh and transfers anybody? wouldnt mind doing a deal or two if possible. Hunteelar, Ayew and possibly Robben may be available to shift out. Let me know in game.[/quote']

Thanks I think? :P I know I keep pushing but the door always get slammed in my face but this is my year! :D The team that is deciding the race at the moment seems to be Bolton Wanderers :)

I did try buy Hunteelar but you wouldnt sell him to a rival :( I even offered you Caulker! :P

The chicken guts have spoken and its third place for you son :)

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2849730&postcount=2169

Well they are Venky's chickens so I wouldnt pay to much attention :)

Ive come close so many times , Im battling so hard and quite frankly deserve a title :P But I wont begrudge (too much) if Danny wins it either :) If he beats Neil then I say he has one hand on it :)

Gozzy raikkonen steered Leicester City to victory against AFC Bournemouth.

Leicester City beat AFC Bournemouth 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Guerrero scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Gilardino was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Huge win for Leicester in battle for play off place in Division 3. Back to 6th place with 50 points. It'll be very crucial period of the season as with 5 games left,no teams guaranteed to go up or get play-off spot so we need to keep this momentum

BRIGHTON were 4 games without a win before our trip to Chesterfield last night.

a strange game saw us take 3 points with a 4-3 win.

2-0 up at half time and feeling comfortable' date=' we were then 3-2 down in the 77th minute with 2 men sent off despite the opposition having the 'hard' tackling tactic.

we then score in the 85th & 86th minute to get a lucky 3 points.even stats except for our 66% possession. [/quote']

Congrats Smut on the win but I'm absolutely gutted after taking a 3-2 lead especially with two Brighton players sent off and then to suffer a double dagger in the 85th and 86th minute.

Can't get a consistent run at the moment

However some good news for the Spireites

Pablo HERNÁNDEZ has moved to Chesterfield (GLORY DAYS) from Norwich City (ruts66 ...) on a deal believed to be around 8,500,000.

Big thanks to rutts66 for the deal and I snare a very talented 89 rated winger/playmaker for $8.5 million. He has impressed me in real life while he has been with Swansea and I'm delighted to grab him with a view to replace the departed Sulejmani

Moreno Rodrigo 88 --> 89

A great rise for Rodrigo and now he is our highest rated forward now, hopefully he can grab a few goals towards the end of the season

OyA0Tsn.png

YtidOKd_zpse0e3fff5.png

You can view TEAM of the DAY for matches 1 - 33 in the blog

Scroll down and click on a pitch to magnify

weeks 1 - 33 TOTD can be viewed here

http://ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page_22.html

Andy King, Aaron Gunnarson and Alex Pearce make the Team of the Week after excellent performances in the 4-0 win over Shield Champions Wolves.

Andy King' date=' Aaron Gunnarson and Alex Pearce make the Team of the Week after excellent performances in the 4-0 win over Shield Champions Wolves.[/quote']

yes, week 32 was excellent for PLYMOUTH

Well Done, it's not easy to get a player into the TOTD, But to get three in at the same time, is excellent.

41233.jpg

Alex Sandro

We brought in Sandro from Sunderland as we needed a stronger 2nd choice left back, we traded out young prospect Brian Cristante, Ghoulam and £2.5 million, I am pleased to add him to the ranks and we now have six Brazilian first team players so he should fit in well.

60139.jpg

Andre Gomes

Signed this young Benfica kid, in real life he is well thought of and the club has just sold his rights to a management company for 15 million Euros and a percentage of next sale clause, he will play for Benfica for the rest of the season but will then move to a new club, club is yet unknown but Liverpool is a supposed possibility, anyway I am glad I got him in to the youth ranks.

Big game coming up for us against Bolton, Neil always gives me a hard game so it is a tough one but a game I am looking forward to, Sandro is still injured so will have to wait to make his debut.