English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Tranmere got a good 1-3 win away at Aston Villa tonight, Crouch, Mlapa and Polanski scored goals for us.

That win takes us to 43 points, ten above the drop so we can consider ourselves safe.

Geoff Cameron got an injury that will keep him out for the rest of the season, Calum Chambers comes in for the remaining four games, cheers Dan.

A devastating 2-1 defeat for Dagenham at Wolves last night could very well have sealed our fate.Wolves move 2 points above us into eighteenth place and the same number of points as seventeenth placed Rochdale.I think a return to Division four is very much on the cards now despite our recent good form.

Rotherham 5 Chesterfield 3

An absolute defensive horror show for Chesterfield as Rotherham ran riot at home. Three goals in the first 20 minutes against us, killed the game for us. However on a positive note, Rodrigo grabbed a brace for his troubles but Paloschi's goal-less drought has gone to 12 matches.

With only 42 points, this may not assure me of safety. With the closest relegation battle in recent memory, anyone can still be relegated with the bottom three at the moment being Wolves (38 pts) Dagenham (36) and Bournemouth (34)

However Rochdale(38), Shorpe (41), Chesterfield (42), Birmingham (44), Southampton (45), Northampton (45) and QPR (45) still are in very real danger of being relegated.

What we need to do is win our six pointers, starting against Bournemouth on the weekend but I won't be surprised if the final three at the moment don't get relegated this season.

D3

NORTHAMPTON 3 SWINDON 1

A bumper crowd of over 6,000 saw The Cobblers put in a convincing performance and climb up to 12th.

It's tough to see how the squad in place could have found itself languishing 4th bottom just a few weeks ago - but a run of 5 without loss has almost put any relegation fears behind us.

Not enough matches left to aim for the playoffs - 6 points to make up and only 12 to play for - but I think we'll be promotion contenders next season.

We have to get promoted soon as the meagre gate receipts make little dent in a wage bill of around £900k.

Wilfried Bony got two to take his tally for the season to 14 - not bad in a struggling side. Lucas Fernando got the other - which I hope will allay some of his "concerns". I've got an 82 rated player also whiniing about not playing regularly - which is bizarre considering he is -7 off our starting line up rating.

picture.php?pictureid=3461&albumid=498&dl=1392895888&thumb=1

Bony delivers the bacon

We're in the market for a marquee signing - but some tough opposition facing us from clubs that are better resourced than us. You have to try though, right?

picture.php?pictureid=3460&albumid=498&dl=1392895888&thumb=1

Fernando celebrates his successful free kick

We've put in a fair bid (which has been on the table for three days, allowing others to contest it - what is the time frame for a transfer to be processed these days?)

I'm hopeful that the pennies we saved from earlier prudent transfer deals could see us in with a chance of landing a star to augment what is already a good looking team.

That said, in this GW there is always the likelihood that someone will come in with a bid of 2x, 3x, 4x or even 5x cash value.

Barnsley draw 4-4 away at league leaders Brighton a result that sees us back in the play offs.

I would have taken a point before the game so no complaints from me.

Been very disappointed with the defensive side of my team this season' date=' just 5 clean sheets in 34 league games is not great i have conceded 17 more goals already than i did the whole of last season.[/quote']

well played,

I would have took a point when we were 4-1 down, very lucky to have got it.

Seems that no one wants to get promoted from Div 3, no one in good form at the top.

In all honest Spuds should be the favourites for the title' date=' they have been there and got the T-Shirt.

[center']Here is the D1 Magazine cover after the recent games.EXMAG_zpsf31b2140.jpg[/center]

Spurs should be favs , I think there run in is a lot easier than both of ours but I would be more worried if someone better than Ben was in charge. B)

Its going to be me :)