TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Bloody Clubhopper !!!!!

Only joking Craig.......Gotta refresh it sometime fella

thx buddy

The biggest story at MILLWALL and i can't post it in the blog LOL

Due to blog being changed to new style for season 10.

OyA0Tsn.png

8FYl2te.png

Look out for the blog awards TEAM OF THE YEAR, PLAYER OF THE YEAR, CLUB OF THE YEAR etc - ALL in the NEW BLOG MAGAZINE

LOOK OUT FOR NEW STYLE BLOG

PS writers' will be given a new style club logo to use when adding articles

Promoted to the Championship in my second season in charge. Boy was it a long and stresful season! Congrats to Brighton who edged the title from me and also congrats to anyone else who achieved something this season.

Well done Frozy........ :D

Well done Dan and everyone else who got promoted, all the best to those in the play offs.

BRIGHTON sneaked into first place of Div 3. on the last day.

like most others who have been near the top of the division, we suffered from inconsistency in the last few weeks but had luck on our side in the last game.

Whilst it was Peterboro and ourselves who led for most of the season (congrats Frozy), Swindon were the club that came with a late run but couldn't quite manage that extra win they needed.

We will need a big increase in TV and gate money from being in Div 2 because we have been losing too much for it to carry on the way it was this season and there is no point in selling our best players.

we will start the season with around 700k and will need an extra 170k a game in increased revenue to break even, I think avoiding relegation is the best we can hope for.

Thank you to those who congratulated us on our promotion.

Burton_Albion_logo.png

What an end to the season in Division 4!

4x3accrt241-1318905_478x359.jpg

Second placed Burton Albion needed to match or better the result of Brentford to secure automatic promotion.

Accrington Stanley 4-4 Burton Albion

Brentford 2-2 Cardiff City

And we did!

What I didnt realise was how good of a side Accrington actually has, boasting the likes of Adnan Januazj, Raheem Sterling, Jetro Willems and Alvaro Morata.

It was a an unbelievable game, Morata netted two, with Sterling and Dier also scoring for Accrington. While Portillo, Srna, Castro and Meier all scored for Burton.

Goal Timeline

Morata '3

Portillo '30

Sterling '41

Srna '44

Morata '53

Meier '70

Dier '75

Castro '76

Breathtaking game!

burts_zpsad6f4d97.jpg

Plymouth drew 1-1 with unmanaged Barnsley, with the Tykes qualifying for the play-offs. Going to rotate the squad around for the friendlies, need some more goals up front as so far only Jamie Vardy has scored out of all my strikers.

Burton_Albion_logo.png

What an end to the season in Division 4!

4x3accrt241-1318905_478x359.jpg

Second placed Burton Albion needed to match or better the result of Brentford to secure automatic promotion.

Accrington Stanley 4-4 Burton Albion

Brentford 2-2 Cardiff City

And we did!

What I didnt realise was how good of a side Accrington actually has' date=' boasting the likes of Adnan Januazj, Raheem Sterling, Jetro Willems and Alvaro Morata.

It was a an unbelievable game, Morata netted two, with Sterling and Dier also scoring for Accrington. While Portillo, Srna, Castro and Meier all scored for Burton.

Goal Timeline

Morata '3

Portillo '30

Sterling '41

Srna '44

Morata '53

Meier '70

Dier '75

Castro '76

Breathtaking game!

burts_zpsad6f4d97.jpg

What a pair of games!.

Well done Dan about time you won the title and add's another club to the list of title winners

Well done for all the other clubs promoted and winning there divisions

Raz unlucky you ran him very close but next season if you don't win it with that team go and play netball or something

Dom - bottle job again I see

Ben - always there or thereabouts well done fella

Wolverhampton 0 Chesterfield 1

Evertons-departing-manage-008_zps8e18ac32.jpg

Manager Glory Days celebrates after the final whistle

Chesterfield pulled off a Houdini act on the final day by saving ourselves from relegation. It's a exhilarating feeling after a dour, disappointing season and it give me a much needed boost for the next season.

Coming into the match we were clear underdogs with a superior Wolves side but my team came out playing with no fear and full of determination.

It was a tense match throughout but I thought we were the better team going into half time but it stay level.

It wasn't until new signing Pablo Hernandez skinned a defender and put in a lovely cross which was put away brilliantly by Spanish starlet Rodrigo.

When the final whistle sounded, it was a feeling of relief and I can't wait for next season.

I wanted another season with the Spireites as I have something to prove that we can make it in Division Three and turned down the Barnsley offer, congrats to Craig for getting the job.

In even more pleasing news, Chesterfield sealed a transfer

Rickie LAMBERT has completed his move to Chesterfield from Preston North End for 6,000,000

Really happy with the deal, I know that Lambert is a bit older and $6 million might be a high price but I think for Preston's leading striker with 15 goals in Division Two but if he can reproduce his form for Chesterfield, he will be well worth the price tag.

His ability to take penalties and free kicks will be another bonus

Finished the season with our usual 3 points off United to cement a tidy finish and a euro spot for next season. Only finished 5 points off the top myself mind.. Such a close season!

Playing around with the team last game I've realised I can play two 86s in my team being cork and Ledley and still manage to play an overall 91 rating for the team which is pretty sweet B)

Nice to see the trophy remaining on Merseyside for another season aswell, that ever happened before? Two teams from the same area I.e Manchester/Liverpool winning back to back in 7046?

Congrats and commiserations to everyone else depending on how your season went :)

7046_zps1efa8230.jpg

What a tight finish to the league.!!

Sunderland' date=' Fulham & Spurs as Jim Bowen used to say "let's take a look at what you could have won."[/b']

Premiere-League-c-02.jpg

Shows how closed up the league has got in terms of the teams as well, considering I won it with 80+ points a couple of times, makes for exciting times ahead

Finished the season with our usual 3 points off United to cement a tidy finish and a euro spot for next season. Only finished 5 points off the top myself mind.. Such a close season!

Playing around with the team last game I've realised I can play two 86s in my team being cork and Ledley and still manage to play an overall 91 rating for the team which is pretty sweet B)

Nice to see the trophy remaining on Merseyside for another season aswell' date=' that ever happened before? [b']Two teams from the same area I.e Manchester/Liverpool winning back to back in 7046[/b]?

Congrats and commiserations to everyone else depending on how your season went :)

The title went season 1 to 9 as follows :-

Man Utd

Man Utd

Spurs

Boro

Man Utd

Man Utd

Boro

Everton

Liverpool

Shows how closed up the league has got in terms of the teams as well' date=' considering I won it with 80+ points a couple of times, makes for exciting times ahead[/quote']

Yeah there are so many teams that could be the next winner as there is not much in it anymore, I think the days of people getting 80+ points are well gone.

The title went season 1 to 9 as follows :-

Man Utd

Man Utd

Spurs

Boro

Man Utd

Man Utd

Boro

Everton

Liverpool

The start of a Merseyside domination of the title?

Trophy wins club by club (not including play-off wins / runners-up or lower division leagues

10 - Man Utd

07 - Spurs

04 - Leicester

03 - Liverpool/Everton/Wolves/Sunderland/Arsenal/Boro

02 - Bournemouth/Fulham/Man City/Chelsea

01 - West Ham/Swansea/Sheff Utd/Leeds/Huddersfield/Blackburn/Coventry/MK Dons

Back to Div 3 for me and Yeovil, almost inevitable as we had a huge debt and a tiny ground to try and compete in Div 2, so time to build up some funds and have another shot for Div 2 and then 1 in a couple of seasons time. Virtually the whole side will be sold on this time ,so don't expect any fireworks at the start of the season.

OptaNewimage8.jpg

CLUBS

Norwich(Div4) had the most wins of any club across all four divisions, with 26, next highest was Walsall(Div2) on 23 wins, followed by Fulham(Div1) on 20 wins.

Only four clubs across all four divisions failed to get double figure wins, division one clubs were Blackburn(9), Nottingham Forest(7). Division two clubs were Watford(9) & West Ham(9). All of division three and four clubs had a minimum of 10 victories.

The team with the most draws were Plymouth Argyle(Div2) on 17, followed by Ipswich(Div3) on 16. Four other clubs all had 14 draws, most significant of those was division one runners up Sunderland.

The biggest losers from each division were Exeter(Div1) on 21 losses, Man City(Div2) on 23 losses, Rochdale(Div3) on 19 losses and Oldham Athletic(Div4) on 21 losses.

Norwich(Div 4) recorded the least amount of losses with 6, with Sunderland(Div 1) next on 7 losses followed by Liverpool(Div 1), Milton Keynes Dons(Div 2), Huddersfield(Div 2), Coventry(Div 3), Ipswich(Div 3) & Brentford(Div 4) all on 9 losses.

Burton Albion(Div4) were the highest scorers in all four divisions with 89 goals, next were Hartlepool(Div4) on 88, Walsall(Div2) on 88 & Milton Keynes Dons(Div2) on 84.

Norwich(Div4) conceded the fewest goals, 36 in 38 games, with Huddersfield(Div2) on 37 next followed by Brentford(Div3) on 40.

geek.jpg

OptaNewimage8.jpg

CLUBS

The team with the most draws were Plymouth Argyle(Div2) on 17' date=' followed by [b']Ipswich[/b](Div3) on 16. Four other clubs all had 14 draws, most significant of those was division one runners up Sunderland.

geek.jpg

Success! Six of those draws happened under my reign, and my last five matches were all drawn.

Now on to transfers. Do I break my transfer policy to get a goalscorer? Over the course of my month in charge I have made a transfer profit of £40m by buying players 87 rated or lower. ALF and Vardy have only been here a handful of games and I dont want to write them off already.

Got one eye on the Div 4 play-offs with Gillingham qualifying. The team has changed a lot since I left but I see Nugent is still spear-heading the attack.

Firstly

Very well played and very well done to SMH for winning the closest div 1 chase i can remember.. Congrats Dan.

Raz, hard luck fella, to miss out on GD.. ouch!, unlucky.

In my division.

Many congratulations to Tony @ Walsall for winning division 2.

Newcastle United - Brief season review

A season which started with much promise(starting with the joint highest average rating in Div 2 along with Man City, look what happened to them!). For the first 10 games or so i was top or 2nd in the table. At one point i had a 6 point lead at the top. Things were looking rosy and promising, Then the wheels fell out literally over night.

I lost Lewandowski for 7 weeks due to injury, 2 games after this i then lost Mirko Vucinic for 5 weeks a week later i lost Nasri for another 5 weeks. All this was at roughly the same time. Lewandowski, 94 rated. Vucinic a then 92 rated, Nasri 92 rated. This was the point my season turned on it's head.

During this injury period i went through a run of 16 games, winning just 2, drawing 4 and losing 11. That saw me drop to as low as 7th in the table over this period. We basicially never recovered and was always chasing myself just trying to hang on for the last 2 playoff spots.

If i won my game against Blackpool last night i would have finished 6th and claimed the last playoff spot. Instead the game ended a draw and fully missed out on the playoffs finishing 8th in the division.

I'm now currently giving some serious thought to have a complete clear out and going back to the drawing board with Newcastle, that means Lewandowski, Sneijder, Yaya Toure, Nasri and Llorente may leave the club in an attempt to challenge next season for the division 2 title.

Regards