• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom Latouche

• Jooles

• sirmarkhughes

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

English Championship 7046(51429) Set Up Creator (Aaron Duffy) Game World Id : 51429 Clubs Taken 80/80 (100%) Welcome to one of the most active and competitive Set Ups on Soccer Manager.

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread LATEST ARTICLE ADDED TO THE BLOG... ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 7046'S TOP 25 LEAGUE GOAL SCORERS http://www.ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/english

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Posted Images

D3

BURTON 1 NORTHAMPTON 1

About the best you can say about this insipid opener is that "Northampton are still unbeaten"

We led briefly through a Paulinho "worldy" but never dominated Burton and were second best on most stats.

I"m usually a slow starter but we'll have to play much better to beat Reading next Wednesday.

They started with a good win and are very defensive - so we'll throw everything at them.

Man City off to a flyer tonight - they look to be a class above the rest of the division already

After the recent friendlies in the build up to tonight's opening fixture, I should be seriously reprimanded by the board for failing to check my team prior to kick off.

Had two players who had bans to serve from last season and in there place an 85 and a 74 rated players were drafted in. Inept is not the word and I should have known better.

After the recent friendlies in the build up to tonight's opening fixture' date=' I should be seriously reprimanded by the board for failing to check my team prior to kick off.

Had two players who had bans to serve from last season and in there place an 85 and a 74 rated players were drafted in. Inept is not the word and I should have known better.[/font']

I take your point, but I had a similar situation with my substitutions. :D

Swansea 1-1 Walsall

D.DROGBA 46

V.WANYAMA 63

Had 2 early Drogba goals ruled out for offside before Drogba finally gave us the lead just after half time. Swansea came back well to earn a point. Probably a fair result overall and pleased to get off the mark. Next up the Saddlers faithful welcome the Champions for there first taste of top flight football.

The Hammer falls! A solid start to the search for the 3rd division 1 title for Boro with a comfortable win over Arsenal. Perhaps not surprising seeing as Hammer is Arsenal's worst ever manager by far, his 1.33 game average even worse than Dom's shoddy 1.65 per game. Still, it all counts, and Boro march on, just 1 of 30 teams who manage to maintain their 100% win ratio :)

Having said that I laughed so hard seeing the once great Manchester United humbled at Derby :P. I think Jooles has a point when he says United for relegation.

I would back that B)

I always said you and me saw eye to eye Dom :)

We managed a sell out at home tonight, 30,500 that is.

So guess how much that equated to in terms of ticket sales?

£215,034 (100k a turn less than last season)

So, that is £7 a ticket.

You have got to be kidding me, what is the point of trying to manage finances when you get screwed like this.

We managed a sell out at home tonight' date=' 30,500 that is.

So guess how much that equated to in terms of ticket sales?

£215,034 (100k a week less than last season)

So, that is £7 a ticket.

You have got to be kidding me, what is the point of trying to manage finances when you get screwed like this.[/size']

No you didn't. 14,147 turned up ;)

No you didn't. 14' date='147 turned up ;)[/quote']

Ooh you bugger, I read the wrong part! :o

Still, that is pitiful at £14 a ticket. If trying to make it realistic at least match up the prices with real life. £20 a ticket and we might make half of what we spend :P

Ooh you bugger' date=' I read the wrong part! :o

Still, that is pitiful at £14 a ticket. If trying to make it realistic at least match up the prices with real life. £20 a ticket and we might make half of what we spend :P[/quote']Hey, you just doubled what you thought you were selling them for. That's not bad! :P

Doing great work down there in Div 2 BTW. Be surprised if you don't make it up this season, though it's damn competitive down there!

Mark Preston was unable to prevent a Newcastle United defeat to Exeter City.

Newcastle United slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Exeter City in their Division 2 fixture.

Tévez was on the scoresheet for his side.

Hmmm, was'nt the start to the season i wanted, Had my backside handed to me from a team which was relegated last season. At least Tevez scored on his debut.

Well done David fair play to you,

Regards

Gotta feel sorry for Div 3. Gillingham did well by all accounts; bossed possession, almost matched City for shots and shots on target. But they still lost 4-0 and lost a man to a red card, as is the power of Messi and co.

Hope I go up this season before having to play them next year :P

Manchester City beat Gillingham 4-0 at the Etihad but by far from Vintage with Gillingham enjoying plenty of the game before the class took hold to eventually break them down.

Messi starts the season with a hatrick and Di Maria netted the other goal.

A decent start for us although the scoreline certainly flattered us

Division 4

Hull City 0-3 ALDERSHOT TOWN

Dream debut for me in 7046! In my first competitive match in charge of Aldershot we beat a pretty decent Hull City side 3-0 away! It was a great performance and a deserved win for my players. Bojan scored a brace and also grabbed an assist, being naturally voted MOTM in the end! He was absolutely brilliant.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkUJRRqvK4pIb6RdphouNeXr6IVTG8AdN2JNHi9_T0e3YszL0w5A

MOTM: Bojan Krkic

Nzonzi scored the other goal. Good performance from Ezequiel Schelotto too, grabbing 2 assists. The only downside for us was a red card for Patrick Hermann, one of our main players. He will miss our next match due to suspension and it will be hard for us to replace him. But we will find the best way. Next match we face Millwall in our first match at home, infront of our beloved fans. Millwall won their first match too so it's not gonna be easy, but playing at our home we will go for the win!

Rochdale starts the season with a boring 0-0 draw vs. Barnsley.

irBTStyWEjD4Y.gif

Yes, we wanted a clean sheet in this match so we had to keep MARTINEZ quiet, which we did

Our 'keeper was Man of the Match which put him into the first TEAM OF THE DAY of the season.

All-in a good away point for us

Taking a bit of a gamble on Borini. Hoping he will feature in Rodgers plans next season and he can bring the best out in him like he seems to be doing at the moment.

Tough opening against Liverpool tonight. Hell of a statement if i can bag a win.

Best of luck everyone :)

Debet start with a 3-3 opener against Shacks Everton :)

Respuesta: Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Gotta feel sorry for Div 3. Gillingham did well by all accounts; bossed possession' date=' almost matched City for shots and shots on target. But they still lost 4-0 and lost a man to a red card, as is the power of Messi and co.

Hope I go up this season before having to play them next year :P[/quote']

Manchester City beat Gillingham 4-0 at the Etihad but by far from Vintage with Gillingham enjoying plenty of the game before the class took hold to eventually break them down.

Messi starts the season with a hatrick and Di Maria netted the other goal.

A decent start for us although the scoreline certainly flattered us

We did what we could, I think it was a very close game and I'm proud of my players have been able to play as equals against the best team in Division 3. It's a shame the end result, but still I stay consistent with what has been done.

Congratulations Stephen for the win! And thanks Will :)

Gycokei.png

Chelsea Kick-off Season with an Away Win

Charlton Athletic 0 - 2 Chelsea

Chelsea faced Charlton Athletic last night at the Valley for their season opener and the Blues put on a dominant display, emerging as 0-2 victors. Chelsea dominated the match and they had more possession and more chances as well. They were simply too much to handle for Charlton. Hancock's new signing - Miralem Pjanic who recently joined from Newcastle made his debut last night. This is the team that started last night:

Cech (92)

Lahm © (95) - Hummels (93) - Ramos (95) - Chiellini (94)

Costa (92) - Isco (91) - Strootman (91) - Pjanic (91)

Neymar (93)

Cavani (94)

Charlton defender well for the majority of the first half but Chelsea finally managed to break through the Charlton defence in the 39th minute when Neymar received a through-ball from Strootman and curled the ball into the back of the net. Any doubt about the result vanished in the 79th minute when Edinson Cavani volleyed the ball into the goal - Neymar providing the assist.

This is what manager Hancock had to say after the match:

"I'm happy with the result, I wasn't expecting too much from the game since I always seem to have trouble getting off to a good start to the season but that wasn't the case last night. Our strikers worked together brilliantly and they won the game for us. Unfortunately Cavani's out for a week or so he'll miss our next couple of games but we expect him to be back for our match against Liverpool."

Chelsea face Stoke next - their first home game this season.

A disappointing night for Brighton.

only 3,000 extra through the gate despite being promoted, we then went 1-0 down with the first chance of the game.

Although we managed a 2-2 draw with Burnley, we were lucky.

then we checked the finances to see whether we will be close to breaking even this season, found the tv money is not much better in div 2 and we will lose on average, 250k per game .

we already have a small squad and no cash so it looks like running up a huge debt is our only option whilst trying to keep away from relegation.