English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

What's going on? You should be walking over teams in Division 3.

No team walks over anyone in any Division in 7046

This is what we call - tough competition

Making it a very competitive GW which we all try to overcome

example

we were 17th - QPR were 2nd

QPR at home - we won 1-6

nothing is taken for granted in 7046

Niall Taylor was unable to prevent a West Ham United defeat to Birmingham City.

West Ham United slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Birmingham City in their Division 3 fixture.

Well won Veigas, had to make a few changes due to fitness but no excuse, we got out played.:(

Still 2nd but 5 behind Coventry now and 2-7th all on 20 points! Div 3 is where its at this year:cool:

Good luck to Everton' date=' Peterborough & Rochdale in chasing that elusive first win of the season, I have a feeling that we might get two of these winning and have a sweepstakes winner left, we will see.[/quote']

A nice 1-0 victory over Bristol City with Rooney making the difference, we are the form side of division 1 in the form table. :)

Well Rochdale win the sweepstakes!

Rochdale 2-2 QPR

New Rochdale Marc Spicer was delighted to get his first point since taking over against second place QPR, although was left dissapointing not to win after playing against ten men for 85 minutes.

Casilla (87)

Munoz (88) Cahill (90) Botia (88)

Alessandrini (88) Ramirez (88) Clasie (88) Kampl (88) Finnbogason (88)

Destro (88) Jackson (90)

Gary Cahill made his debut for Rochdale, leading the team out the tunnel as Captain. QPR were down to ten men after center back five minutes into the game when Mikel Gonzalez recieved a straight red for a high two footed tackle. Despite a man down QPR took the lead through Didier Ya Konan in the 11th minute. Gaston Ramirez replied for Rochdale with his first goal of the season with a well taken free-kick clipping the post on its way into the goal. Another goal from Ya Konan gave QPR a shock lead at the break.

Rochdale huffed and puffed in front of goal (39 chances created!) and finally got the equaliser through Romain Alessandrini, his first goal of the season aswell. Gary Cahill picked up a slight knock late on and will be out for Mondays shield fixture, but could return in time for the league game at Ipswich on Wednesday.

That result keeps us bottom and six points off safety, but alot of heart and hope can be taken from this performance :)

Maybe but with players like Messi' date=' Ronaldo, Muller, Di Maria etc.):rolleyes:[/quote']

yes, these players help but don't guarantee results

our first win was against City, their first loss, so anything can happen which makes the league more exciting as even the best squad can lose.

Division 4

Brentford 1-1 ALDERSHOT

Aldershot struggled tonight against an organized Brentford team. I think the draw was fair for both teams. They dominated possession, we had more shots and were more dangerous. Roberto Firmino scored our goal and was voted MOTM.

roberto%2Bfirmino.png

Firmino's goal was not enough for Aldershot to win

I knew this would be a tough match for us as i had many questions about the right tactic to use. We still got one point... There will be no easy matches for us. Tonight we lost our leadership to an inform Southend, but we will do our best to keep fighting for top positions.

Next match will be huge. We will play vs 3rd placed Hartepool United at our home. A win would be really important, but anything can happen really. It will be a top match between two strong teams. But first we play vs Manchester City for League Cup. A great chance for our 2nd lines to play and show their quality.

d3

GILLINGHAM 1 NORTHAMPTON 3

A brace from Benteke helped arrest a poor run of results for Northampton - who are back in the playoff places with this win.

After 11 games , there are no less than 6 teams tied on 20 points occupying 2nd to 7th place - separated only by goal difference.

Division 3 could be in for a vintage season - it looks completely up for grabs.

Surprise leaders Coventry have made a great start and hold a 5 point advantage at the top. They face 4th place Norwich next - a big test for them.

We have to find some home form to keep our challenge going - and face Chesterfield in a must-win for us.

First up, though, is a Shield Match against div 3 rivals Reading - which we also need to win to keep some money coming in.

Respuesta: Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

d3

GILLINGHAM 1 NORTHAMPTON 3

A brace from Benteke helped arrest a poor run of results for Northampton - who are back in the playoff places with this win.

After 11 games ' date=' there are no less than 6 teams tied on 20 points occupying 2nd to 7th place - separated only by goal difference.

Division 3 could be in for a vintage season - it looks completely up for grabs.

Surprise leaders Coventry have made a great start and hold a 5 point advantage at the top. They face 4th place Norwich next - a big test for them.

We have to find some home form to keep our challenge going - and face Chesterfield in a must-win for us.

First up, though, is a Shield Match against div 3 rivals Reading - which we also need to win to keep some money coming in.[/quote']

Congratulations on your victory, you have a great team and I have no doubt that you are one of the candidates to win promotion.

We could not do much against his team started winning, but justice was served quickly and you could reverse the result.

Re: Respuesta: Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Congratulations on your victory' date=' you have a great team and I have no doubt that you are one of the candidates to win promotion.

We could not do much against his team started winning, but justice was served quickly and you could reverse the result.[/quote']

muy amable, gracias

What's going on? You should be walking over teams in Division 3.

I should but this team should have walked over most sides in division 2 last season but didn't and suffered back to back relegations (I took over once the club was already relegated) :D

Struggling to find some consistency despite being loyal to the tactics i picked. I am thinking it may be time for a change in system and style of play. If this team can click and climb the gears we win the league simple but at the minute i am struggling to get them out of first gear :eek:

If i don't win this division this season i have failed

I should but this team should have walked over most sides in division 2 last season but didn't and suffered back to back relegations (I took over once the club was already relegated) :D

Struggling to find some consistency despite being loyal to the tactics i picked. I am thinking it may be time for a change in system and style of play. If this team can click and climb the gears we win the league simple but at the minute i am struggling to get them out of first gear :eek:

If i don't win this division this season i have failed

its getting the tactics with a team like that once you find it you will pull away from the rest of us,:o its finding the right formation thats the hardest bit:confused:

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against Bury.

Everton outclassed Bury and beat them 5 - 2 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Suárez was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Herrera and Mcgeady were also amongst the goalscorers.

had to do a double take when this popped up :eek: an actual win!

Does nothing for my team were still rooted at bottom but at least we've finally got the monkey off our back so to speak. Plus were only the 2 points away from getting out of the relegation zone so this season may just about be salvageable and can look to grab a European spot.

Bottom of the table with the leagues joint top scorer, dont see that too often mind!

Hopefully i can stop picking up bloody injuries, havent had one game this season where i havent lost a player, this time it was Ramires.. ever think sm just hate you some times :P

had to do a double take when this popped up :eek: an actual win!

Does nothing for my team were still rooted at bottom but at least we've finally got the monkey off our back so to speak. Plus were only the 2 points away from getting out of the relegation zone so this season may just about be salvageable and can look to grab a European spot.

Bottom of the table with the leagues joint top scorer' date=' dont see that too often mind! [/b']

Hopefully i can stop picking up bloody injuries, havent had one game this season where i havent lost a player, this time it was Ramires.. ever think sm just hate you some times :P

Just shows and highlights how rubbish the rest of your team are :P

Never mind if you start to pick up some form soon you might actually make 15th by the end of the season :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW2GoQVbyZfagl5zRmeiPSisf3ZjmTm2kyqhXyrdmvyKrB4LUO4g

Middlesbrough 0 Swansea 2...

Ryan Giggs( The treble 1999) steered Swansea to victory. Another double from Danny Welbeck gave Swansea a well deserved 3 points away at Middlesbrough. That takes him joint top goalscorer in the top flight with 8 goals. But cause a deal was reversed he had scored 4 goals before he left, but since he came back he has scored another 4 goals. But on the table of top goalscorers he has 4:confused::confused::confused:...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThiKTLFhlvrcTUYSDZI--n5AJfB_YkKPe1X1sZ2wnAmJ0dh4nUimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtTFtf3I8a1EhkCxHdA8u4rZD9extAkoYP9xg6PBb5SHrmUnfH

Up next is Bristol City at home...

We drew against Derby yesterday - 0-0. Happy with the draw tbh as I thought we were definitely going to lose, on score center they dominated and they had much more possession. Cech was the MOTM.

We face Burnley in the Shield tomorrow