English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Russian defender Vladimir Granat joins Aldershot!

granat.jpg?itok=98hJurBu

Vladimir GRANAT has completed his move to Aldershot Town from Dynamo Moskva for 4,666,000 plus Gimenes RAFINHA . All other offers were turned down.

Happy to get him, he's a good CB who can also play LB and he has pretty good chances to rise in the near future. He will be on WC also. Defence was our weakness few days ago, well, not anymore i think. With the signings of Diego Reyes and now Granat, and also Fonte's rise to 87, we now look much stronger at the back!

The unintentional putdowns are the best. :P

^^ B)

The unintentional putdowns are the best. :P

^^ B)

Screw you guys... I'm going home :P

South Park joke there incase anybody doesn't get what I'm on about haha.

But yeh all jokes and such aside I'm over the moon with Suarez rise, not many teams can name a 95er in the starting line up B)

Screw you guys... I'm going home :P

South Park joke there incase anybody doesn't get what I'm on about haha.

But yeh all jokes and such aside I'm over the moon with Suarez rise' date=' not many teams can name a 95er in the starting line up B)[/quote']

Not many teams who have a 95 forward are bottom either :P

Not many teams who have a 95 forward are bottom either :P

Ahh the truth... It burnsss :(

Bottom of the league with the current top scorer, that doesn't fit at all. Should of kept Zanetti to keep my defence up to scratch lol.

Blackburn Rovers 3 - 3 Exeter City

It's been a pretty poor season by all accounts.

In my first team squad I have

10 89's

5 88's

1 87

1 86

1 85

Don't get me wrong, they are all rubbish, but I think it would be great if they were are rated 89. Concerns would be a nightmare but it would look good on my squad page...

Boro and Man United had title aspirations back in '95.
Its just how I roll ' date=' Im a crusher of dreams and killer of aspirations B)

Including mine B)

But you dont need a 95 to succeed , You just need a level of consistency or in Shack's case a lucky season :P[/quote']

Nice stuff B)

Its just how I roll ' date=' Im a crusher of dreams and killer of aspirations B)

Including mine B)

But you dont need a 95 to succeed , You just need a level of consistency [b']or in Shack's case a lucky season [/b]:P

Division 1 titles

Shack = 1

Dom = 0

Luck or not that's what counts lets be honest ;) loving the rest of the various 95 references you guys have been making :P

In transfer related news

Nemanja PEJCINOVIC has completed his move to Everton from OGC Nice for £425,000 plus Kévin THÉOPHILE-CATHERINE . All other offers were turned down.

Having watched KTC for the last season he truly is a terrible player lol.. thought its best to get rid now while he had a decent p/e value as his is only going to drop. Brought in this guy, recently agreed to terminate his contract at Nice is the pursuit of champions league football and has been linked with Arsenal and Monaco. May not end up at either but id rather him who if you agree to terminate your contract your really either good or deluded (hopefully the first) so it was worth the risk lol

Pretty much the end of my cardiff experiment i love them in real life but dear god they havent helped me on here. (except Marhsy who im keeping)

Free Agent Rhys HEALEY has completed his move to Everton for £308,000

Okay i lied, this kid is a beast, scoring for fun in our youth and u21 teams and the buzz around the place is he'll finally get a shot with the senior squad this season now were in the championship and there are more games to go around. Will pop him in the youth team and hope for the best :P

Chesterfield 1 Manchester City 1

A great result for Chesterfield to grab a point against the might of Manchester City. Things looked bad when Hulk gave City the lead in the opening minute but we got back through a lovely Rickie Lambert free kick.

If you offered us a point at the start of the match, I would have taken but we need a good result against Southampton tomorrow.

A rise to report from Chesterfield

Rickie Lambert 88 -> 89

A well deserved rise for a great season at Southampton. Lambert was considered by me to be a bargain buy which could do a lot of things including holding up the ball, clever movement, taking penalties and free kicks, so when he went for a +1 rise I was very pleased, he will hopefully provide more cutting edge for the Spireites as we try to edge away from the relegation zone.

Chesterfield 1 Manchester City 1

A great result for Chesterfield to grab a point against the might of Manchester City. Things looked bad when Hulk gave City the lead in the opening minute but we got back through a lovely Rickie Lambert free kick.

If you offered us a point at the start of the match' date=' I would have taken but we need a good result against Southampton tomorrow.

A rise to report from Chesterfield

[b'][/b]

A well deserved rise for a great season at Southampton. Lambert was considered by me to be a bargain buy which could do a lot of things including holding up the ball, clever movement, taking penalties and free kicks, so when he went for a +1 rise I was very pleased, he will hopefully provide more cutting edge for the Spireites as we try to edge away from the relegation zone.

Good signing for you from me ;)

Manchester City are looking to get back to winning ways tonight after 2 draws and a defeat in our last 3 games. Despite what i consider to be a fairly poor season up to now we are somehow still 2nd in the table but Northampton are building up a bit of a lead and i can't really allow them to pull any further away.

We travel to Shorpe tonight who currently occupy one of the relegation spots. It's the kind of game we need to win but this season we have come unstuck in games like this so i am far from confident.

Luke Shaw and Gael Clichy are both missing from tonights game so the LB position is certainly a problem. Angel Di Maria returns to the side after sitting out the game against Chesterfield.

Manchester City Matchday squad vs Shorpe United :

O. Baumann

B. Ivanovic

P. Jones

J. Terry ©

S. Reinartz

F. Fernandez

S. Kjaer

A. Witsel

T. Muller

A. Di Maria

JJ. Shelvey

O. John

I. Munian

K. Mirallas

G. Hulk

C. Ronaldo

L. Messi

A. Kokorin

Good signing for you from me ;)

Yeah Riece, thanks mate. When I signed him, I thought of him as a short term upside player and I didn't think he would rise, just a solid 88 player. But now he's a 89 rated player in an all important striker position and he's a Liverpool player in real life, makes him all the more valuable to me and my side :)

Manchester City are looking to get back to winning ways tonight after 2 draws and a defeat in our last 3 games. Despite what i consider to be a fairly poor season up to now we are somehow still 2nd in the table but Northampton are building up a bit of a lead and i can't really allow them to pull any further away.

It is not always easy being the big side as everyone is trying to pull one over on you, I do think your team will roll good especially through the business end of the season, my money is still certainly on you to get auto-promotion whether you win the division or not I am not sure but promotion is still the obvious objective.

Liverpool take on league leaders Chelsea tonight, they are top on merit having only lost two games this season, we are under no illusions of the task at hand to get the three points as it will be a tough ask, we have failed to beat them in the last five encounters although it has been all square on three of them occasions, we need a win if we are to push for a chance at retaining our title but we would settle for a point tbh.

After losing Laporte when I first took charge, its great to finally have agreed to sign a replacement left back

The offer for Jetro WILLEMS of Accrington Stanley from Rochdale has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Shame about his injury, but hopefully comes back stronger. Really talented and still only 20. Shame about losing Quintero but my midfielder is pretty strong and really needed a left back.

Rochdale starting to look like my team now, Willems the sixth new face to arrive since my take over.

Leali (85)

Koulibaly (87) Cahill (91) Munoz (88) Willems (87)

Kampl (88) Taison (89) Classie (89) Gourcuff (89)

Doumbia (90) Martinez (90)

Mandi (85), Toloi (87), Perreira (85), Lestienne (87), Ramirez (88), Mane (80), Destro (89)

After losing Laporte when I first took charge' date=' its great to finally have agreed to sign a replacement left back

Shame about his injury, but hopefully comes back stronger. Really talented and still only 20. Shame about losing Quintero but my midfielder is pretty strong and really needed a left back.

Rochdale starting to look like my team now, Willems the sixth new face to arrive since my take over.

Leali (85)

Koulibaly (87) Cahill (91) Munoz (88) Willems (87)

Kampl (88) Taison (89) Classie (89) Gourcuff (89)

Doumbia (90) Martinez (90)

Mandi (85), Toloi (87), Perreira (85), Lestienne (87), Ramirez (88), Mane (80), Destro (89)

I'm sad to see Quintero leaving for other team than Aldershot :(

As a topic for debate I was just wondering if anybody else likes to involve themselves in a little mind games at certain times, for certain games or against certain players, if so what is the best 'trick' you have tried to use in your attempts to gain psychological one-upmanship?

Stephen Thompson earned a draw with Manchester City against Shorpe United.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Manchester City and Shorpe United in their Division 3 fixture.

Messi scored the only goal for Manchester City and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Can't even beat 10 men relegation fodder Shorpe. Truly awful performance my title challenge has gone as far as i am concerned dropped to 4th. Thankfully Luke Shaw returns to restore some balance down the left. Clichy is probably still 3 games away from being fit to play.

Up next i welcome my old side Barnsley to the Etihad should be interesting they inflicted my first defeat earlier in the season.