English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Swansea 3 Sunderland 1...

Swansea beat Sunderland 3-1 late last night to keep up there quest for a European place. Danny Welbeck was not fit for last night's game and Edin Dzecko took his place and was man of the match with a goal and another assist. And to make this even sweeter for the Bosnian International it was against the club who sold him. Other goals came from Balzeretti and Tadic.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRERqQc9pI-WL3IKImp38i9HCFkXTCFZ7F7-tDt0l0rLdw_JFQf1A Dzecko silence's the Sunderland fans !!!

Division 4

Aldershot 2-0 Colchester

Really important win for us over 3rd placed Colchester in our pursuit for direct promotion! This was a pretty balanced match. Colchester did pretty well, but the superior quality of our players was decisive to give us the win. Insigne scored a goal and got his first MOTM for us. He's perfectly adapted to the team now, and he's naturally showing all his talent. He already bagged 2 goals and 3 assists for us, having an average rating of 7.80. I'm pretty happy with his performances. Our other goal was scored by Rodrigo, he's doing very well lately too, amazing young striker.

With only 12 matches to play, things are looking good for us, and direct promotion may be a reality for us at the end of this season, considering we now have a 11 points lead over 3rd Colchester! Obviously we want to be crowned champions too! Our lead to 2nd place Sounthend is decent, 6 points. We will give everything!

OyA0Tsn.png

b93986d9-cd94-4150-bf56-3aea074538b1_zps1247d36f.png

TEAM OF THE DAY Match 26 added to the blog

Did any of your players make it into TOTD ?

TOTD Match 26 can be viewed here

http://ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/team-of-day-match-26.html

MILLWALL are delighted to see CISSE in the TOTD

His man of the match 10/10 rating and 4 goals helped us to a 5-3 win after being 2-0 down

Burton_Albion_logo.png

Shock News From Burton Albion

After 1 promotion' date=' 148 games, 303 points, at an average of 2.05 points per game Burton Albion manager has decided to step down from his position at the club.

[b']"I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Burton Albion and in this league - good luck all"[/b]

Shame to see you go mate.

If you want goals, come and watch Plymouth. 94 goals involving the Pilgrims is the second highest in the Division behind Norwich City. We beat Leicester 4-3 last night with a brace from Scott Arfield and goals from Patrick Bamford and Will Buckley. Having to sell Adam Le Fondre as I'm in debt.

If you want goals' date=' come and watch Plymouth. 94 goals involving the Pilgrims is the second highest in the Division behind Norwich City. We beat Leicester 4-3 last night with a brace from Scott Arfield and goals from Patrick Bamford and Will Buckley. Having to sell Adam Le Fondre as I'm in debt.[/quote']

Nailed on 0-0 bore draw at Carrow Road tomorrow night then, James... ;)

Still waiting patiently to get back into 7046' date=' I have my fingers crossed for Burton!

Can someone point me in the right direction of the Stockport manager?[/quote']

I'm here, just sorting out what I am going to do.

I am in massive debt with current club and have been wanting to get out from it for some time.

Just thinking of what to do.I have messaged Craig and left him a message on something.

Massive game for Manchester City tonight as we travel to form side Rotherham United. They curretnly sit one place above us in 3rd spot and gave us a hell of a beating last time around 6-1 so revenge is certainly top of the agenda :D

I have a fully squad to pick from with only Gael Clichy a minor fitness worry but he maybe risked.

The Manchester City squad vs Rotherham United:

O. Baumann

B. Ivanovic

P. Jones

J. Terry ©

S. Kjaer

G. Clichy

M. Sakho

S. Reinartz

A. Witsel

O. John

G. Hulk

A. Di Maria

M. Fellaini

T. Muller

I. Munian

A. Kokorin

L. Messi

C. Ronaldo

I'm here' date=' just sorting out what I am going to do.[/color']

I am in massive debt with current club and have been wanting to get out from it for some time.

Just thinking of what to do.I have messaged Craig and left him a message on something.

Got your PM, Buddy

I replied to you via PM

With Higgy , Carrick and Evra out of tonights game I have no worrys over injurys. But I have selected this team to face SOP tonight.

De Gea

Debuchy - Capoue - Caulker

Badeji

Danny - Wiji - Roberto - Anderson

Damiao - Muriel

Its going to be hard tonight but ive got a youthful side with experience. I just need Damiao to have a good game as hes got 3 assists but hasnt scored for us yet. My first team is being rested for the cup semi lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTTvM_nCPgBCferrCF56DjHrp1jn198vMU4Dn_Wvw0MreG6JtgArsenal 1 Swansea 5...

Swansea battered Arsenal at the Emirates tonight with Edin Dzecko scoring a hat trick, and an assist and a 10 out of 10 man of the match award, But it came with a cost. Danny Welbeck will be out for the rest of the season with a fractured cheekbone. And hat trick hero Dzecko will also be out for 8 days. Lucas and Candreva were the other scorer's.

d3

NORTHAMPTON 1 COVENTRY 2

Cobblers' lead has been trimmed to 5 points following this unexpected and disappointing home defeat.

With bogey side Leicester next and big rivals Norwich to follow - this is not the time for Northampton's talented squad to start playing like that bunch of wingnuts who represented England in Brazil.

We must bring in the kids into every position now - the younger the better - and this is the man to do it

picture.php?pictureid=3565&albumid=498&dl=1403382533&thumb=1

Next gaffer?

Guest FallenAngel

Fallen Angel steered Wycombe Wanderers to victory against Cardiff City.

Wycombe Wanderers outclassed Cardiff City and beat them 4 - 3 in a thrilling Division 4 encounter.

Maggio had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Davis, Koné and Fontàs were amongst the goalscorers.

big result for me if I'm gonna keep up my play-off hopes.

Lost Gary Monk to injury though which is a bit of a blow

Division 4

Doncaster Rovers 3-0 Aldershot Town

Doncaster managed to dominate possession and took his chances to score. The match was decided pretty soon, goals at 11', 12' and 21'. They're 4th in the table, i was not aware of that, they're in pretty good form, gratz for the win and for the good season.

Anyway, i'm loosing all my tactical nouse in the last weeks... This is getting really hard. I would never use 3-5-2 vs a 4-2-3-1 formation 3 weeks ago, actually i would use 4-2-3-1 to beat 3-5-2(!), but it looked to me things have changed, as i had lost all my recent matches using it. 3-5-2 were consistently beating 4-2-3-1 recently. Not tonight unfortunately...

I just hope we can get promoted in the end, this has been a fantastic season, but i'm affraid we will struggle in this last matches... Still 1st, 3 points ahead 2nd placed Southend, and 8 points ahead Colchester. Next we face Stockport at home, a must win match for us.

Chesterfield 1 Queens Park Rangers 1

Chesterfield's dismal season continued with a 1-0 loss to QPR. Ranger's scored with their only shot on goal and I'm gutted to lose, Swiss keeper Diego Benaglio was on fire today and we just couldn't get a shot past him.

To be fair, QPR did have more possession but carved out more shots at goal and on target but if we reproduce this kind of efficiency surely we will be able to get a few good results to move away from the relegation zone but the gap has lessened to 3 points now...

In transfer news

Sergio CANALES has completed his move to Chesterfield from Liverpool for 7,000,000

Absolutely delighted to get such a highly rated youngster at Chesterfield and he would be in keeping with the youth policy that I have at the club. Technically gifted and one of the to watch talents of next season, I think he has made the right move in real life to Real Sociedad where talents like Greizemann and Vela have developed into top talents.

His versatility to play on the wings and through the middle of the park will give us a lot of options in the midfield.

A huge thanks to Sirmarkhughes from Liverpool who made a quick and easy transaction.

Rochdale 3-1 Reading

After an awful run of form seeing Rochdale pick just one point from the last 21 available, this is a huge result for our relegation battle.

Something had to be done and decided to ditch the 3-5-2 formation and play 4-3-3, making use of my three talented strikers. Destro was the extra striker and he rewarded my decision with the opening goal in the seventh minute. The second striker Seydou Doumbia created the second, his pass met Toloi and the young center back scored from long range. Reading pulled one back before the break.

Rochdales third striker, Jackson Martinez sealed the win on the hour with a superb volley. Move to within 4 points of safety with 11 games remaining. Wednesdays game is the biggest game since my takeover as we face 17th placed Burton. It is a must win game if we want to survive in this division!