English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Nice read/ rant Richard :)

Liverpool's hopes of retaining their title have taken a massive blow as star striker and honorary talisman Wayne Rooney has been listed as injured for tonight's match against Carlisle due to a mysterious Burger King injury, when the press contacted Liverpool for more details Liverpool declined to comment.

In other news Gael Kakuta moves across Merseyside to neighbours Everton for a fee of £3.5 million.

With 3 games to go' date=' the division 1 title. Who do you want to win it and who do you think will win it? I'll go first:

Want: I would LOVE for Neil @ Bolton to top out but instead I'm gonna plump for Ben at Spurs. He's come so close so often only to fall away at the last surely he deserves another one.

Think: Ben will blow it. As will the Treble, Hancock and of course Dom. It's going back to Anfield...[/quote']

Want: Liverpool

Think: Hmm who would probably crumble if I gave them the favourites tag?Yep I think Ben will win it but massive manager of the year shout to Swansea.

THE CHOSEN ONES!

Swansea were promoted to this division last year and have grabbed the D1 Ball by the short and curlies, they have drew the last five though and look like they are slowly fizzing out.

Spuds have their destiny in their own hands, three games to go win all three and they can add to that season 4 title win, will they blow it? Not Spurs it is not in their DNA.

Liverpool had their chance in the last game to go top but failed to beat the Swans, looks like another top 4 finish awaits, goalscoring is the problem, only two teams in the top flight have scored less. #RooneyOut

Chelsea had it not been for the SIXTEEN draws they would be top of the tree by a margin but not enough fighting spirit in the squad

Fulham are the form team of the title chasers but as usual will fall a wee bit short, it is inevitable.

Bolton have managed just one point from their last three games which has probably all but ended their title hopes unless they can fire in the next two which could set up a potential firecracker of a last game against Liverpool, doubtful though.

Man United have came from nowhere, well usually anywhere but Manchester like the fans, they have clawed back from the brink to manage a slim title chance, Can they do it? Nope!

--------------------

BOTTOM FEEDERS!

17th BRISTOL CITY GF 42 GA 63 GD -21 PTS 35

---------

18TH EVERTON GF 50 GA 63 GD -13 PTS 34

19TH LEEDS GF 35 GA 56 GD -21 PTS 34

Games remaining:

Bristol City~ *EVERTON, DERBY, CHELSEA

Everton~ *BRISTOL CITY, STOKE, CHARLTON

Leeds~ *BURY, SUNDERLAND, ARSENAL

THREE TEAMS, 1 SAFETY SPOT, WHO LIVES AND WHO DIES? YOU DECIDE!

Super Mario bags a brace as Liverpool do a last minute change of tactics en route to a 2-0 win over Carlisle, things looked a bit worrying when Dani Alves got his marching orders on teh half hour mark but a Robben and Ribery assist each to Mario was enough to give us a 2-0 win and keep us in the title race, two points behind with two games to go.

Unlucky Anth good game, sorry about the Nastasic injury.

Rochdale are ready to spoil Delias party ;)

Nailed it!

Rochdale 3-2 Norwich

I do the double over Norwich' date=' didnt deserve to win but when your fighting relegation three points is all that matters. Gary Cahill scored his second Rochdale goal to open the scoring, possibly his last if we get a good deal for him. Norwich took the lead on the hour with two goals in five minute from Athanasiadis. Gourcuff levelled the score-line with a beauty free-kick going in off the post. Jackson Martinez with the vital winner ten minutes from time with a glancing header.

Our Division three status is pretty much safe now, one point from our remaining two games (Or if Plymouth fail to win both of there games) will guarantee it. I saved Stockport when they 18th in 2012 which was a great achievement, but saving this Rochdale team from relegation is one of my best accompisments on SM. Took over when they were bottom of the league with no wins after nine games and eight points from safety, now with a chance of finishing 12th :D[/center']

The Treble 1999 steered Swansea City to victory against Tottenham Hotspur.

Swansea City, the top goal scorers in div one , hammered Tottenham Hotspur 6 - 1 in their away Division 1 fixture.

Candreva scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Marin and Džeko were also amongst the goalscorers.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7Y6_-chLgW4yOgScY8t3HSuZjNQU_-s6-s4cVDIu3vbjhnFP57Q Dzecko's brace helped 6-1 win...

Two more points will guarantee Champions League football, could even be one more point with our goal difference. We will play our next game to win and then see where that takes us. Two games left, and anything can happen ! Come on.... This is ec 7046, remember last seasons div one finale ;)

Stephen Thompson earned a draw with Manchester City against Yeovil Town.

Manchester City dominated much of the play against Yeovil Town but could only manage a 2 - 2 draw in their Division 3 fixture.

Ronaldo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Di María was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Has to go down as 2 points dropped having led the game 2-0. 70-30 possesion in my favour is something i have not see very often. Credit must go to yeovil who fought till the end qnd nicked a share of the spoils.

Despite the disappointment we do move into the automatic promotion places on goal difference after Northampton's defeat and sets up our match against them this weekend to be an absolute cracker.

Said it last week that our title ship had sailed and boy was I right. Frustrating hammering tonight but an expected one. Well done Treble. Good luck to those left in the race.

Probably a defeat to Benfica in the CL in the semis or a hammering from Raz in the final left to come and then that's our season. Can see us finishing outside the top four too in all honesty but I'm sure there are more deserving sides.

As I said the other night, I'll tally up the final goal scorers next Wednesday and post the results of the all time top scorers. It's very close in certain parts!

Swansea City' date=' the top goal scorers in div one , hammered Tottenham Hotspur 6 - 1 in their away Division 1 fixture.

Two more points will guarantee Champions League football, could even be one more point with our goal difference. We will play our next game to win and then see where that takes us. Two games left, and anything can happen ! Come on.... This is ec 7046, remember last seasons div one finale ;)[/quote']Brilliant Swansea, amazing result :)

We fought hard tonight against a very good Chelsea but only came away with a draw which I felt is quite lucky as I would say they slightly edged it.

This is a massive blow to me once again and one has to wonder how many times can someone be floored before getting back up again. Have to admit watching Swansea do what they are doing has made me seriously question myself and why Im still here im so frustrated! :(:mad:

d3

Three games to go...and nothing in it at the top of div 3' date='

[b']Ipswich[/b], the leaders, seem to have an easiest run-in - facing up against a succession of lower-table, miserable, under-performing, wretched, open to bribery, "linked-with-Asian-betting syndicate" sides.

The bog-dwelling savages are also on a run of 4 straight wins - so it would take a major downturn in form for Manager Secasiu's team not to clinch an automatic pomotion slot and perhaps the title.

Look out for "unusual betting patterns"

Northampton sit second and have the hardest run in - facing 5th place Rotherham and 3rd place Man City in successive matches. The Cobblers led the table for most of the season but have faltered badly in recent weeks.

A combination of cruel injuries, scandalous refereeing decisions, incredible bad luck and Acts of God are behind the slump - with absolutely no blame being attached to their talented and surprisingly good-looking manager, the truly excellent Butcher of Montevideo.

One last gritty push is required from the men in maroon - and look out for a Churchillian response from "the gaffer" who simply does not know when he is beaten (until someone tells him)

Man City (hiss, boo) sit third - a point behind plucky Northampton.

City are the division's top scorers and are a walking advertisement for the need for Financial Fair Play to be implemented as soon as possible.

A line up which includes Ronaldo, Messi, Thomas Muller and Angel di Maria would normally be expected to p*ss a division like this one - yet young English manager Steve Thompson has contrived to make heavy weather of it - and makes a compelling case for why clubs should buy-in foreign managers - with little command of the language but possessing a fit girlfriend.

One feels that the Man City v Cobblers fixture might decide one of the promotion slots next week.

First though, the Arab billionaire's overpaid playthings face a trip to Yeovil - newly crowned FA Cup winners. Can Thompson hold his nerve? Let's hope not.

Norwich sit 4th on 62 points. I know very little about the team from Carrow Road - other than I hate them and hope they burn in hell spending an eternity suffering from crabs and continuously listening to Eurovision Song Contest entries.

Ruts has come with a strong late challenge but has still to face Birmingham and Rotherham in his final two matches.

That's if the Canaries get past Rochdale tonight in what looks to be a nailed-on home banker. Surely Ruts can't cock it up from such a commanding position?

Or can he?

Rotherham lie 5th - and could play a major part in deciding who goes up (including themselves).

Stewart Lauder's team are 7 points off the lead - so need a minor miracle to have a tilt at the title. Still, let's not forget that only 2,000 years ago a young Israeli international, J.Christ, managed to turn a loaf of Hovis and a can of tuna into a three course meal for 5,000 - so anything is possible.

No one outside the teams mentioned above is important or has anything remotely interesting about them.

A splendid piece of work, my friend - and, yes, I did indeed manage to cock it up tonight. Delia is severely p155ed (in both senses)... :D

So, if you and Stevie-boy wouldn't mind serving up a 0-0 borefest on Saturday that would be most agreeable to my current predicament.

Well done tonight, Mr Spicer - have to say, I never fancied tonight's game having been on the receiving end of your 'Dale lads once already this season. You will be challenging next season, I have no doubt.

Anyway, we dust ourselves down and go again - Luis' Brummies up next in another biggie... :)

Division 4

Aldershot 2-0 Wycombe

CHAMPIONS!!! :D

Aldershot45610News3.jpg

A nice 2-0 win over Wycombe confirmed Aldershot as Division 4 champions! Moussa Sow was MOTM, scoring Aldershot both goals. He's onfire!

Big party tonight at Recreation Ground, home of Aldershot! Our ground is a true fortress for us, 15 wins in 18 matches is really great and should make us the strongest home team in the setup! We're also the team with more points in the setup and with best GD (+30) on par with the mighty Manchester City!

I was not expecting to win Division 4 in my first season here, but things went down really well for us since the beggining and i think we deserved it. It was an amazing season, not only in terms of results, but also in terms of improving this team. We clearly have a stronger squad now, with some really good players, and a lot of potential! Our finances are also ok, in the green, which is always tough to keep for a small team in Division 4.

We're very happy to win the gold, and we are very excited with the challenge ahead of us in Division 3! :) Great season and good luck everyone!

Swansea City' date=' the top goal scorers in div one , hammered Tottenham Hotspur 6 - 1 in their away Division 1 fixture.

Candreva scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Marin and Džeko were also amongst the goalscorers.

Two more points will guarantee Champions League football, could even be one more point with our goal difference. We will play our next game to win and then see where that takes us. Two games left, and anything can happen ! Come on.... This is ec 7046, remember last seasons div one finale ;)[/quote']

Awesome win there matey, just a win and a draw needed for you to take the title.

Despite the disappointment we do move into the automatic promotion places on goal difference after Northampton's defeat and sets up our match against them this weekend to be an absolute cracker.

What a game' date=' the armchair fans are all eager with anticipation for that one!

Division 4

Aldershot 2-0 Wycombe

CHAMPIONS!!! :D

Aldershot45610News3.jpg

A nice 2-0 win over Wycombe confirmed Aldershot as Division 4 champions! Moussa Sow was MOTM, scoring Aldershot both goals. He's onfire!

Big party tonight at Recreation Ground, home of Aldershot! Our ground is a true fortress for us, 15 wins in 18 matches is really great and should make us the strongest home team in the setup! We're also the team with more points in the setup and with best GD (+30) on par with the mighty Manchester City!

I was not expecting to win Division 4 in my first season here, but things went down really well for us since the beginning and i think we deserved it. It was an amazing season, not only in terms of results, but also in terms of improving this team. We clearly have a stronger squad now, with some really good players, and a lot of potential! Our finances are also ok, in the green, which is always tough to keep for a small team in Division 4.

We're very happy to win the gold, and we are very excited with the challenge ahead of us in Division 3! :) Great season and good luck everyone!

Great season for you buddy and a well deserved title for it, congrats.

The whole for Matteo Darmian has been complete which was in total Matteo + 1 million for Vadillo and Befodil. Its a good deal for both I get a playerI need with potential and cheaper wages and Wycombe get 2 good young players. :)

Ive saved 79k so far in wages at the moment. (Not including my loans) And after my deals with City I will shave off another 50k. Then Badeji will be sold off with 2 younger players to shave another 40k off. So I will have already shaved off nearly 200k without counting loans by the start of next season.

May not look much I need to try shave money where ever possible without affecting how I work :)

Ive got Damiao and 7 million to buy someone? Any takers? :)

Plymouth could be relegated on Saturday after a 5-3 defeat to Southampton. Former Plymouth midfielder Sergi Roberto scored a hat-trick against his former club, with Icardi and Sansone making it 5. Carroll, Nugent and Tomkins scored for Plymouth, who are three points from safety with just two games left.

Shock horror dom blows falls short of the title once again. In other shocking news the sky is blue and the grass is green... ha :P

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against Bristol City.

Everton beat Bristol City 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.

Volland scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Schmelzer and Suárez were also amongst the goalscorers

Biggggg 3 points with the pressure on. On paper i have the easier of run in's so if i can do my job il be staying up (in theory). Think i called it at the start of the season interviews that Bristol and Leeds would go down, hell of a shout if im remembering that correctly B)

Well done Shack, one step closer to another season of Merseyside derbies.

With 2 games to go we are nearing the end of season and you know what that means...........yes it is that night when Dom is always a winner........The fantastic end of season awards ceremony.....I will be hosting it again this year in the absence of Mr Dawson' date=' I am sure he is only staying away to win the come back we miss you award again because lets face it he is not winning nothing with that team. [HAHA]

Hopefully we can get as many or more than last season taking part as it is a quality addition to the set-up and helps fill the void between the end of season and the new season approaching, If you have any suggestions of new categories or awards fire them in as the awards ceremony is capable of evolving to fit the needs of the 7046 population.

Here is last seasons questionnaire to read to see if you wish to put forward a new award:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2860964&postcount=2194

And if you were not around last season or you wish to have a blast from the past, here is how the ceremony went:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2867485&postcount=2195

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2867489&postcount=2196

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2867514&postcount=2197

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2867519&postcount=2198

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2867535&postcount=2199

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2867541&postcount=2200

I notice the match report thread has been pretty dead this season, it would be nice if we can try to post some stuff from now until the end of season to get it going again, lets crank the tension up.

I have got the ball rolling with a nice wee match report.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2955387&postcount=2322

With the end of season fast approaching I will quote this, is there any new categories that people would like put forward for the awards?

Also we are going to need someone to do some graphics if anyone is up for it??

Shock horror dom blows falls short of the title once again. In other shocking news the sky is blue and the grass is green... ha :P

Biggggg 3 points with the pressure on. On paper i have the easier of run in's so if i can do my job il be staying up (in theory). Think i called it at the start of the season interviews that Bristol and Leeds would go down' date=' hell of a shout if im remembering that correctly B)[/quote']

Shut the hell up :P

I dont like John one bit but I hope just so I can even romotely smile about my pathetic team at the moment! :mad:

If there was Justice it would be a draw and both of you will go down :mad:

WE THE PEOPLE! B)

Chesterfield 1 Shorpe United 0

Chesterfield secured their Division Three status, thanks to a scrappy 1-0 over Shorpe United with Amercian fullback Fabian Johnson scoring the winner. It was Johnson's first goal of the season and what a time to score to secure our place next season in Division Three.

With 17th placed Plymouth Argyle being eight points away from us with two matches to go, Chesterfield are mathematically safe from relegation for another season. Very pleased with that but we will need to improve next season, as we have one of the lowest goals scored in the entire Division Three.

But that is for next season, now I want us to go as high as we possibly can in the final two matches of the season and see where that takes us.

Next up is Barnsley

Guest FallenAngel

With the end of season fast approaching I will quote this' date=' is there any new categories that people would like put forward for the awards?

[/quote']

What about awards for last years winners who most and least lived up to their awards.

i.e. Dom won choker of the year last year, and has once again lived up to that so would be a contender for most lived up to award, and Walsall won most over-acheiving club, but after a decidedly average season would be a contender for lest lived up to award

just an idea

Said it last week that our title ship had sailed and boy was I right. Frustrating hammering tonight but an expected one. Well done Treble. Good luck to those left in the race.

Probably a defeat to Benfica in the CL in the semis or a hammering from Raz in the final left to come and then that's our season. Can see us finishing outside the top four too in all honesty but I'm sure there are more deserving sides.

As I said the other night' date=' I'll tally up the final goal scorers next Wednesday and post the results of the all time top scorers. It's very close in certain parts![/quote']

What a whinger :P

Silly bugger, but I was annoyed at the time. I've said congratulations to Treble (both in here and on his wall), but I'll apologise for going on about my self proclaimed 'train wreck' instead of focusing more on his very emphatic victory last night (or two nights ago - I dunno it's quarter to two in the morning on Friday so look at it either way). It happens, and the same result was seen in the real life title race in 2011/12 of course ;)

Edit: Congrats, Machines! And anyone else who has achieved/realistically achieved their aims for the season.