English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Great season for you buddy and a well deserved title for it' date=' congrats.[/quote']

Thanks Dan! :D Best of luck for your Liverpool, very solid in this last matches, you or Swansea will win it!

Shock horror dom blows falls short of the title once again. In other shocking news the sky is blue and the grass is green... ha :P

Biggggg 3 points with the pressure on. On paper i have the easier of run in's so if i can do my job il be staying up (in theory). Think i called it at the start of the season interviews that Bristol and Leeds would go down' date=' hell of a shout if im remembering that correctly B)[/quote']

Nice mocking there, and huge win for your Everton! :) Maybe you will be able to avoid the disaster :rolleyes: Gl for the remaining.

Shut the hell up :P

I dont like John one bit but I hope just so I can even romotely smile about my pathetic team at the moment! :mad:

:o They're not that bad' date=' but i told you so Dom! B) You will most probably fail to win your next match too, regardless your opponent :(

What a whinger :P

Silly bugger, but I was annoyed at the time. I've said congratulations to Treble (both in here and on his wall), but I'll apologise for going on about my self proclaimed 'train wreck' instead of focusing more on his very emphatic victory last night (or two nights ago - I dunno it's quarter to two in the morning on Friday so look at it either way). It happens, and the same result was seen in the real life title race in 2011/12 of course ;)

Edit: Congrats, Machines! And anyone else who has achieved/realistically achieved their aims for the season.

Nice words mate, really humble from you. You did nothing wrong, i don't think you disrespected Treble, but now you showed a lot of respect and consideration. Class act B)

And thanks for the congrats :D

Chesterfield 1 Shorpe United 0

Chesterfield secured their Division Three status' date=' thanks to a scrappy 1-0 over Shorpe United with Amercian fullback Fabian Johnson scoring the winner.[/quote']

Well done mate! We will play each other next season then, nice :D

Well done mate! We will play each other next season then' date=' nice :D[/quote']

Yeah thanks Machines. I am looking forward to our encounters next season, especially with former players Rodrigo, Havard Nordtviet and Alain Traore facing their old clubs :)

What about awards for last years winners who most and least lived up to their awards.

i.e. Dom won choker of the year last year' date=' and has once again lived up to that so would be a contender for most lived up to award, and [b']Walsall won most over-acheiving club, but after a decidedly average season would be a contender for lest lived up to award[/b]

just an idea

Sorry but I'm not having that I've come from Division 3 and solidified my position as a Premier League side at my first crack at the top flight. My aim was to avoid relegation, I'm mid-table :rolleyes:

Disappointing to see Wolves job on offer to Pinkman, after stating my interntions to move on from Bournemouth after 2 1/2 years in charge, it was just the sort of job i was looking for. Will keep my eye on it but will be difficult as will most likely go on offer to the public.

Sorry but I'm not having that I've come from Division 3 and solidified my position as a Premier League side at my first crack at the top flight. My aim was to avoid relegation' date=' I'm mid-table :rolleyes:[/quote']

Your a victim of your own success :P

Disappointing to see Wolves job on offer to Pinkman' date=' after stating my interntions to move on from Bournemouth after 2 1/2 years in charge, it was just the sort of job i was looking for. Will keep my eye on it but will be difficult as will most likely go on offer to the public.[/quote']

This is one of the ideas i gave to SM - ie dont give job offers to those who dont log in, especially ones who dont log in for 26 days or so

anyway, managers who decide to leave should give job offer via forum, they will get responses, all they do is give to one of them.

failing that, give job to me and i will give to wait list manager who genuinely wants to join 7046.

Guest FallenAngel

Sorry but I'm not having that I've come from Division 3 and solidified my position as a Premier League side at my first crack at the top flight. My aim was to avoid relegation' date=' I'm mid-table :rolleyes:[/quote']

well if you can be bothered to go through the awards for last year and come up with a better example I'll happily change it - you were the first award I checked that didn't wouldn't be a contender for he award again.

Your a victim of your own success :P

What about awards for last years winners who most and least lived up to their awards.

i.e. Dom won choker of the year last year' date=' and has once again lived up to that so would be a contender for most lived up to award, and Walsall won most over-acheiving club, but after a decidedly average season would be a contender for lest lived up to award

just an idea[/quote']

Kudos for trying to come up with an idea but I do think this would be hard to implement to be honest as awards are designed for mostly divisional sections and most of the winners go on to a new division etc.

I know you only used Walsall as an example but to me Walsall are over achieving this season as they were one of the first three I had down for relegation and they have done well not to be involved in the trap-door roulette, you may be on the ball with Dom and the choker award though, not for his club finish as he has mixed with the contenders but for his final defeat to lowly but stubborn Yeovil.

If you think of anymore award suggestions fire them out, they will get slated or rated here anyway which can sometimes feel like an attack, it is not, but the 7046ers views will decide whether an award is fitting to be added, as I said kudos for at least trying to put one forward.

----------------------

Lovely Jubbly Robben gets a +1 to 95 and an added position of F(RLC), a decent 95 rated striker now if we need to play him there, woohoo!

Guest FallenAngel

Kudos for trying to come up with an idea but I do think this would be hard to implement to be honest as awards are designed for mostly divisional sections and most of the winners go on to a new division etc.

no worries - 'twas only an idea' date=' and I'll try and refrain from crying into my bag of haribo:D

I know you only used Walsall as an example but to me Walsall are over achieving this season as they were one of the first three I had down for relegation and they have done well not to be involved in the trap-door roulette, you may be on the ball with Dom and the choker award though, not for his club finish as he has mixed with the contenders but for his final defeat to lowly but stubborn Yeovil.

and that is why, like with every question you choose to add to the vote, people's view will differ making the voting interesting

You all have it in for me B)

Im not a massive side , Ive worked to get the squad ive got and for finishing near the top every single season without having that luck. Ive been kicked , punched and beaten like a dog. But we will get up dust ourselves off and im confident we can end the season well and go again next season :)

And this a massive middle finger to you people that mocked my Rulli signing horriblely (Raz)

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/117945/real-sociedad-sign-goalkeeper-geronimo-rulli-on-season-long-loan/

And dont you vultures even dare try take him on the cheap either! I have De gea but who ever wants Rulli will have to pay absolute top dollar! B)

We the people! B)

Typical SM with the Wolves job situation.... makes me laugh!

A issue that been there for years' date=' yet so simple to fix and still a running problem. :rolleyes:[/quote']

What's happening with the wolves job situation?

Gaston Ramirez (88), Kevin Kampl (88), Maxime Lestienne (87) and Aissa Mandi (85) are available for cash. You can offer players if you want if you are low on cash, but I am mainly looking to sell for cash offers.

If any clubs have some 86+ for loan next season, please pm me as would really help me out and they will get game time.

Shack is pretty close from what I hear :P
Haha I love a bit of Shack bashing which is deserved for his pub teams exploits this season :)
Chandler-Bing-laughter-to-shock-reaction-at-meeting.gif

Shack right now..

Oh you guyssssssss! I love how were all so close we can laugh and joke about these things* :D

*Go rot in hell the lot of you :P

Typical SM with the Wolves job situation.... makes me laugh!

A issue that been there for years' date=' yet so simple to fix and still a running problem. :rolleyes:[/quote']

yes I've highlighted this situation to SM - We need offers given to managers who login and we (managers in a GW) should vote in the criteria before season starts

ie we must log in after 7 days, 14 days 30 days etc

i prefer login GW's to be 14 days, those who dont log in in that time are not interested enough to be part of the GW

What's happening with the wolves job situation?

wolves are offered to a manager who hasn't logged in for 27 days

so, he has 5 days - from when offered it - to do something accept or reject.

if he doesn't do anything after 5 days, SM take control and offer to another manager. (hope someone who logs in and is interested)

problem is, he is within SM rules coz he got 30 days to login

hence why i mentioned the criteria vote,

ec-blog-head.png

A big day tomorrow for quite a few clubs that have something to play for, (well except people like Jooles & Raz whose mediocre seasons have ended already, all they could hope for now is ending someone else's chances, cheer up guys there is always next season) back to the people that matter. :)

In the top flight :

Premiere-League-c-02.jpg

Swansea who have led the title race for a while could all but seal the Division one title tomorrow on the basis of two results flowing in their favour, If they win against Carlisle and Liverpool lose then they will have the league as their goaldifference means everyone else would be irrelevant.

Liverpool, Chelsea, Bolton, Tottenham & Fulham can all still win the title and will all be hoping Charlton can end Swansea's impressive eight match unbeaten run.

Here are the big boy games that matter for the title:

Swansea-Charlton

Liverpool -West Brom

Boro-Chelsea

Man United-Bolton

Arsenal-Spurs

Fulham-Bury

Down the other end of the table Bury still have a mathematical chance of staying up but it would be a miracle if they do so I am not including them in the calculations, we have three teams vying for one safety spot with the other two set to drop down a division, Everton are in pole position to stay up as their last game win over Bristol has given them a two and three point cushion to Bristol City and Leeds who are the other teams battling for the safety spot, Everton have also got goal difference on their side which at this stage is an extra point, crucial day for the three teams.

The games where the teams are battling to stay in with the big boys:

Stoke-Everton

Bristol City-Derby

Leeds-Sunderland

------------------

It is early in the morning so I am not going to go into great depths about the other divisions but I will tell you who is fighting for what.

Division 2:

worst-miniatures-winners-losers-round-one-2.jpg

For the title we have four teams battling it out:

Swindon Town 65

Watford 63

Huddersfield 62

Nottingham Forest 61

What happened to Mo's forest???They looked cruising but have lost 3 on bounce!!

For the auto promotion you have the above four teams and Brighton.

For the playoffs there are 9 teams( Aston Villa & Newcastle seem out with Prestons super GD)

Swindon Town

Watford

Huddersfield Town

Nottingham Forest

Brighton

Preston

Sheffield United

Milton Keynes Dons

Tranmere Rovers

For the trap-door roulette, one of these five will go down along with Peterborough & Notts County:

Blackburn Rovers

Wigan Athletic

Exeter City

Burnley

Blackpool

------------------------

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRUIN_ao5CAnxZbGqdUFgIYKgAf9DiGZUVqmn1JEAWfugUVqen

Division 3

The title is a battle between these 5 teams:

Ipswich Town

Manchester City

Northampton Town

Rotherham

Norwich City

What happened to Northampton, 4 defeats in last 5 :eek:

For Auto promo slot:

The above 5 teams and Coventry.

For the play offs:

Ipswich Town

Manchester City

Northampton

Rotherham United

Norwich City

Coventry City

Birmingham

Queens Park Rangers

Gillingham

To join Leicester in dropping to D4 any two of :

Rochdale

Shorpe

Burton

Plymouth

Southampton

---------------

Division 4

trophy.jpg

Aldershot has won the title so for the other auto spot one of these 4 lucky teams will take it:

Colchester

Southend

Doncaster

Hull City

For playoffs:

Colchester

Southend

Doncaster

Hull

Hartlepool

Shrewsbury

Bournemouth

Accrington

And for the wooden spoon, well no guesses there that Cardiff have already sealed that.

DISCLAIMER: There may be errors both in spelling and correctness of data but hey I am not a robot.

I have an idea for an extra set of awards for the end of season ceremony, last season I gave an unofficial team of the year ( it was just my views), I was thinking for this season we could vote on a team of the year for your division and an overall team of the year for the set-up, it would only work if there will be enough people taking the time to fill out the section.

The form could looks something like this:

-----------------------------------

Fill in as many or as little positions/players as you wish but please add your division.

(Your division)TEAM OF THE YEAR:

Division:

GOALKEEPER:

RIGHT BACK:

LEFT BACK:

TWO CENTRE BACKS:

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER:

ATTACKING MIDFIELDER:

TWO WINGERS/RIGHT OR LEFT MIDFIELDERS:

TWO STRIKERS:

And for the TEAM OF THE YEAR:

Fill in as many or as little of the positions/players as you wish.

GOALKEEPER:

RIGHT BACK:

LEFT BACK:

TWO CENTRE BACKS:

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER:

ATTACKING MIDFIELDER:

TWO WINGERS/RIGHT OR LEFT MIDFIELDERS:

TWO STRIKERS:

It would probably take an extra five or ten minutes to fill out along with the other sections we have for the awards but I think it would be a good addition, anyway post your thoughts and we will see what the consensus is for if to add it or not.

I picture him more riding a blow up sheep with a Bristol City top on' date=' screaming we can do it, we can do it......

[/quote']I see it more as the sheep in a Bristol City top riding him :o

You all have it in for me B)
Lol. Do we now? Dom you're the boxer who knocks himself out with his own punch...
ec-blog-head.png

A big day tomorrow for quite a few clubs that have something to play for' date=' (well except people like Jooles & Raz whose mediocre seasons have ended already, all they could hope for now is ending someone else's chances, cheer up guys there is always next season) back to the people that matter. :)[/quote']And yet with one foot in the SMFA final both me and Raz could win more than you this year... ;)

Division 2:

worst-miniatures-winners-losers-round-one-2.jpg

For the title we have four teams battling it out:

Swindon Town 65

Watford 63

Huddersfield 62

Nottingham Forest 61

What happened to Mo's forest???They looked cruising but have lost 3 on

For a recently division 4 team, with that squad, Swindon have been amazing. Mo, less so, lol. Sheff Utd? Oh dear :o