English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Div 2

MK Dons 2-0 Blackpool

We have suffered a string of losses in the last 3rd of the season and this has resulted in being where we are in 18th. Not even late loanees like Steven Caulker to tighten up our defense have helped. Incredibly if we win our last match and MK Dons do us a favour, we will stay up.

Rochdale secure div 3 status with a 3-3 draw. Doumbia, destro and martinez with goals. Congrats to the sides clinching promotions and good luck for the final day if u are still playing for promotion/survival.

Also gaston ramirez joins bristol city for 10mill. Clears my debt but still have others for cash sale

I've heard that a quality winger going by the name of 'Ashley Young' is available for cash ;)

When I signed him for 15mill back a couple of seasons ago I remember people patting me on the back and telling what a great deal it was. Now you can't wait to flog the guy.. Funny how times change :P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxySRUvFyBs43Fj8Y9vKoWVEPWHjGNlpFOILDrFJTXQAQwuJor

Swansea 2 Carlisle 1 ...

Swansea have guaranteed Champions League football next season after the 2-1 home win against Carlisle. Two first half goals from Marko Marin set Swansea on there way to all three points.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQh4adM0TY103x-qmchyqffCFN6ElrPPWFhj_zd0qNy70nHUoFg

After securing Champions league football, Swansea can now relax and enjoy the last game. Europe was our aim, but to get Champions league football, that's more than we could of imagined.

As for that last game of the season... Swansea are not the top goalscorer's in Division One for nothing ! ;)

So another disappointing season for the Dons, but we have got the youth setup moving so I am happy with that.

However, we have been using one striker this season and I want that man to be Lukaku next year, sooooo that means I am open to offers for Lewandowski.

With that in mind, I would also consider deals for:

Gundogan

Andreas Beck

Aogo

So if you want any, especially Gundo or Lewy then pop me a private message or put a bid in :)

After securing Champions league football' date=' Swansea can now relax and enjoy the last game. Europe was our aim, but to get Champions league football, that's more than we could of imagined.

As for that last game of the season... Swansea are not the top goalscorer's in Division One for nothing ! ;)[/quote']

Well you are in a great position, your form is superb and your scoring for fun but it is the BIG one, strange things happen in the top flight, every other division is won with Swindon, Ipswich & Aldershot crowned champions, you just have to avoid defeat against West Brom and even then if you do lose anything but a win from me over Bolton will still guarantee you the crown, I won the league on the last day last season but the chances of lightening striking twice are minimal, cracking season from you whatever happens, good luck in the final game.

Congrats to all the winners from yesterday and to all the losers who failed in their objectives here is a tune.

NHOf3s70w-c

Well barring a disaster of biblical proportions Manchester City will be plying their trade in division 2 next season after our fantastic 3-1 home win over Northampton Town :).

I am very happy to have achieved promotion at the first attempt although my aim of winning the title hasn't happened :(

We lost the fewest games in the division but a couple of draws have come back to haunt us. We are also the top scorers across all 4 divisions B)

Aldershot Town outclassed Shrewsbury Town and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Granat scored the winner for Aldershot Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

This guy Granat is a complete beast ingame, i'm glad i got him :D

12 matches: 3 goals - 2 assists - 1 MOTM - 7.71!! Really impressive for a CB/LB!

It was a deserved win for us last night. We improved our lead to 2nd place to an impressive 13 points. We really want to win our last match vs Accrington in order to reach the 80 points mark, something that would be remarkable in a super competitive setup like EC7046 (with 20 teams per Division).

Good luck to the guys still representing 7046 in Europe in the semi-finals tomorrow.

SMFA Cup (Champions League)

Benfica - Tottenham Hotspur

First leg score: Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Benfica

Spurs have won the Champions League for two season running and have a 2-1 advantage going into the second leg against Benfica, the away goal for Benfica could be dangerous but I expect Ben to guide Spurs to the final once again.

Sunderland - Atlético Madrid

First leg score: Atlético Madrid 0 - 4 Sunderland

Raz's Sunderland have a massive 4 goal advantage and back at home it looks like they will be in the final this year without a doubt, Sunderland were runners up in the Europa League(SMFA Shield) last season.

SMFA Shield (Europa League)

Middlesbrough - Chelsea

First leg score: Chelsea 2 - 2 Middlesbrough

Hancock will be looking to guide Chelsea to their fourth European final, previous managers David Jones and Aaron Duffy were the managers back then as Hancock tries to get the first European final under his tenure, Jooles Boro are yet to appear in a European final so he will be hoping that his two away goals in the first leg 2-2 draw will help him achieve that, the tie is very close and I wouldn't like to call the winner but if I was pushed I would say Boro to edge it.

Olympique Lyonnais - Levante

First leg score: Levante UD 1 - 3 Olympique Lyonnais

Tense in div 3 again, don't like it, bring on Wednesday because I cant take this any longer! :mad:

----

Amazing articles and so on again from SMH.

Deserves credit for all the effort he has put into posts in here from the start of the season till end, specially with the awards as they take a hell of alot of his time.

So guys don't forget to vote once he posts the awards up, will only take people about 10 mins or so compared to hours and hours that he will put in to making the awards as good and better than last season!

ak506cb6e6.gif

Robert Lewandowski shocked the football world today by announcing that he "only ever wanted to join Northampton" - in spite of being linked with a big money move elsewhere.

I've supported The Cobblers since I was a nipper growing up in Poland. I expect my manager, Mr Trafford, to respect my wishes and accept Northampton's late bid of 'two 75s, some tracksuits and a bit of cash'

Northampton could not be reached for comment - on account of having not paid their phone bill.

Harman Signs New Long Term Deal

Little article on my decision to stay at Bournemouth. Glad this season is over, never quite hit a run and missed out on play-offs by a couple of points in the end. Know what i want to do in pre-season, so looking forward to getting back in the market.

Looking to move Osvaldo and Duarte Bernard on, im after some quality defenders, feel free to throw in a bid or sned me a PM. :)

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

MILLWALL MANAGER'S REPORT

It's been a long drawn out season for MILLWALL so here's the manager's report.

MILLWALL MANAGER - Craig - Report.

"I had a spell at BARNSLEY who became the first team to beat Manchester City - the then title favourites which was the highlight of my time there.

I never managed to settle at Barnsley and wanted back at Millwall coz the old heart was there. I returned with MILLWALL at the wrong end of the table so I needed to rebuild with little cash - from the back".

I brought in

• GABRIEL SILVA 23yr old D DM L

• PAULO MACHADO 28yr old M© AM(RLC)

• BREDE HANGELAND 33 yr old D© came in with experience

OUT went

• MITRISHEV , BUCHEL and (GK) JIMENEZ ROBERTO to raise funds.

Then I used cash for

• PIMPAREL BETO , YURA MOVSISYAN, CRISTIAN RODRIGUEZ

• ALEKSANDAR IGNJOVSKI arrived 23 yr old, D(RL)DM©

SULEJMANI moved out in a swap deal 2 for 1 as we needed cover

"I set out to keep us from finishing bottom, we needed to settle the ship this season so we can build for the new season"

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

LOAN

• MAX KRUSE and KOLO TOURE came to us on loan and already agreed to stay on loan for new season ahead

• CORCHIA came on loan and we hope to agree terms for another loan spell for new season.

"We are in the red at present so we will need to address that and strengthen for new season, young future prospects being targeted first.

A roller-coaster ride it certainly was, but we look to address our main probs and aim for mid table for new season".

OUR BEST PLAYER STATS

BETO - Played 16, av rat 6.69

MACHADO - PLAYED 19, 4 assts - av rat 6.95

IGNJOVSKI - PLAYED 13, GLS 4 ASSTS 6 - av rat 7.23

CISSE - played 35, GLS 15, ASST 6 - av rat 7.43

RODRIGUEZ - PLAYED 14, ASST 9, av rat 6.86

MOVSISYAN - PLAYED 14, GLS 6, ASST 2, av rat 7.57

NOBLE - PLAYED 32, GLS 10, ASST 3, av rat 7.38

SILVA - PLAYED 19, ASST 1, av rat 7.21

Deal Agreed Between London Clubs

West Ham and Arsenal today agreed a deal that will see 8 players intotal move!

Moving to West Ham will be Cameroon International Midfielder Alex Song' date=' French Winger Jeremy Menez and England International Theo Walcott

"Delighted to have secured such big names, we have become a little stagnent over the past months and I felt things needed to change, im really looking forward to seeing how Theo and Jeremy link up With Demba hopefully this will assist us next season as we look to getting back into Div 2" said West Ham manager Niall Taylor

Moving to Arsenal will Spaniards Albiol, Monreal & Alonso along with Livermore and Gervinho.

"Sad to see these players go but Monreal moving on allows Bryan Oviedo to come into the first team and show the fans what he's about"

West Ham are now rumored to be in the market for a Centre Back :)[/quote']

WELL BEEN ON HOLIDAY AND COME BACK TO SEEING THAT THE CLOWN AT ARSENAL HAS DECIDED TO SELL WALCOTT TO FULHAM! thanks!

Saddlers Splash The Cash

1374770642_Ilkay-Gundogan-is-the-man.jpg

Walsall were last night said to be locked in talks with MK Dons over the signing of German International Ilkay Gundogan. Talks are thought to have progressed quickly with many sources saying Gundogan is already in Walsall having a medical ahead of completing a deal later today. The move is a clear sign of intent from the Midland outfit as they look to build on a good debut campaign in the top flight with many fans claiming he's the type of marquee signing the club needed to push on to the next level. Sources claim Gundogan will pen a 3 year deal worth approximately 50k a week making him one of the highest earners in the clubs history.