English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Chesterfield ran out 2-1 winners against Rochdale with goals to German utility man Kevin Vogt and Mexican midfielder Jonathan Dos Santos with Jackson Martinez grabbing a goal in reply. Good game MaoaM

Good finish to the end of the season, after we sealed our Division Three status, we managed to get three wins in a row :D and finished in a season high 11th spot.

I have a few of the fringe players an opportunity to play with Sergio Canales, Jonathan Dos Santos, Koo Ja Cheol, Alain Traore, Hiroki Sakai and Kevin Vogt and they all performed really well, better than expected. In particular Kevin Vogt and Jonathan Dos Santos who showed their potential in the starting XI.

We moved into next season with only a few injuries but I guess it will depend on the draw whether it will heavily impact my team.

Four second half goals secure safety for Plymouth on the final day of the season. Argyle looked down and out at half-time' date=' 2-0 down thanks to goals from Ucan and Srna, the latter from the penalty spot. However, a second half hattrick from Andy Carroll and a fourth goal from David Nugent secured the win which relegates opponents Burton Albion.

Commiserations to Tony, I dont feel I deserve to stay up given the results I've had. I will give myself some time before deciding whether to stick with Plymouth or to move on.[/quote']

Well done mate, I really thought I would stay up.

Thankyou to all that have sent me there congrats. It was a very good season once again but could have been so much more. We have the team and stronger reserves to finally win the league and for the 1st time 8m putting that pressure on myself.

A few incomings are due :)

Well done to all last night lol

Dagenham ended up 14th in Division Four. We'll be looking to push on next season with pretty much a settled first team now.There may be one or two changes in the backup areas for next term but nothing major.Congratulations to all the promotion winning sides and good luck to all those competing in the play offs.For the rest of us,roll on next season.

Birmingham left dwelling on 'what if?'

Birmingham missed out on promotion chance once again, but we are getting closer each season.

We missed out on a play-off spot by just the ONE point!!!

Manager and players are disappointed we couldn't give our fans that little more to celebrate in what has been a pretty decent season, but we will fight on and come back stronger next season!

Although this was our best season since I took over, it was filled with on and off the field up and lows. Hatters somewhere along this league hit Birmingham hard at the start of the season with deals constantly being reversed and causing us to work even harder to build a strong squad in which we could compete with the very best at the top of div 3.

Some of the deals that where reversed really disappointed me and left me feeling extremely angry. I feel that had one or two had not been reversed we could have done some serious damage to our oppositions and got promoted. I had to step up and work even harder to achieve something more positive. Even with all the negative on goings we managed to have a successful season, which I feel was a nice response to some hatters!

------------------------

Birmingham now have to try and improve the squad a little further and shake things up. I have mentioned that we may take a new approach to games next season and that may open the door to a few players to move on. There may be a few players coming in to suit the new system.

The fact we missed out on play-off spot by just the 'ONE' point, has opened my eyes to how important every single point can be come the end of the season.

I will be concentrating on the back line more now than ever before to keep oppositions out. My philosophy as always been to go out and always try and win a game when we are level late on games. This season we win be going for the win as always, but if we are level late on, we will be shutting the door and happily taking the draw! After all as much as I hate drawing, draws are a lot better than pushing for the win and conceding late goals and losing 1 point!

As far as squad goes, maybe the way forward this season would be to keep the best players and try and add to the squad but we are a small club and cant really afford to just go out a buy. So we are having to sell to buy sadly.

----------------------

One player that will not be moving on is club captain, Vidic who has been phenomenal since joining from Arsenal. Playing 15 games and averaging rating of about 7.31, Vidic has quickly become a vital part of this team.

Another player who will also not be going anywhere is Ramos, who joined from Liverpool and has scored 5 goals in 9 games. He will again next season lead Birmingham's attack as a lone striker, so he will be given a season target of 15 - 20 goals.

-----

Birmingham have a deal agreed for a CM, a deal which has been agreed for at least 2 or so months. More details on this will be revealed in the next few weeks! Also Cuenca of Man City will be coming to Birmingham on a permanent deal as soon as we can get some cash together.

Plans have obviously been in place for the new season for a few weeks now. One plan was if we managed to get promotion and one was if we stayed in the division. Now we know that we are sadly staying in div 3 for at least another season we will have to work hard again!

--------------------

Reges Fernando will be up for grabs but only for the right decision. I will be pushing for the best possible offer for him, to improve Birmingham. He is TB, but am now prepared to listen to offers for him.

Will need a player who can play in two possitions out of DM/CM/AM and one that can play CD/LB and cash on top! Ratings of about 87 to 89 depending on ages and abilities!

Contact me by private msg either on this forum or in game, but be assured I will not be letting the lad go on a cheap! So if you think you could grab yourself a bargain here, then job on and find a new target!

Thankyou to all that have sent me there congrats. It was a very good season once again but could have been so much more. We have the team and stronger reserves to finally win the league and for the 1st time 8m putting that pressure on myself.

A few incomings are due

Well done to all last night lol

Two spots left in the best foreign GW around RC 444 SO DONT DELAY AND JOIN TODAY THE ONLY REQUIREMENT IS YOU NEED BALLS! SO NO FROZEN YOU AINT ALLOWED IN!

Birmingham left dwelling on 'what if?'

Birmingham missed out on promotion chance once again, but we are getting closer each season.

We missed out on a play-off spot by just the ONE point!!!

Manager and players are disappointed we couldn't give our fans that little more to celebrate in what has been a pretty decent season, but we will fight on and come back stronger next season!

Although this was our best season since I took over, it was filled with on and off the field up and lows. Hatters somewhere along this league hit Birmingham hard at the start of the season with deals constantly being reversed and causing us to work even harder to build a strong squad in which we could compete with the very best at the top of div 3.

Some of the deals that where reversed really disappointed me and left me feeling extremely angry. I feel that had one or two had not been reversed we could have done some serious damage to our oppositions and got promoted. I had to step up and work even harder to achieve something more positive. Even with all the negative on goings we managed to have a successful season, which I feel was a nice response to some hatters!

------------------------

Birmingham now have to try and improve the squad a little further and shake things up. I have mentioned that we may take a new approach to games next season and that may open the door to a few players to move on. There may be a few players coming in to suit the new system.

The fact we missed out on play-off spot by just the 'ONE' point, has opened my eyes to how important every single point can be come the end of the season.

I will be concentrating on the back line more now than ever before to keep oppositions out. My philosophy as always been to go out and always try and win a game when we are level late on games. This season we win be going for the win as always, but if we are level late on, we will be shutting the door and happily taking the draw! After all as much as I hate drawing, draws are a lot better than pushing for the win and conceding late goals and losing 1 point!

As far as squad goes, maybe the way forward this season would be to keep the best players and try and add to the squad but we are a small club and cant really afford to just go out a buy. So we are having to sell to buy sadly.

----------------------

One player that will not be moving on is club captain, Vidic who has been phenomenal since joining from Arsenal. Playing 15 games and averaging rating of about 7.31, Vidic has quickly become a vital part of this team.

Another player who will also not be going anywhere is Ramos, who joined from Liverpool and has scored 5 goals in 9 games. He will again next season lead Birmingham's attack as a lone striker, so he will be given a season target of 15 - 20 goals.

-----

Birmingham have a deal agreed for a CM, a deal which has been agreed for at least 2 or so months. More details on this will be revealed in the next few weeks! Also Cuenca of Man City will be coming to Birmingham on a permanent deal as soon as we can get some cash together.

Plans have obviously been in place for the new season for a few weeks now. One plan was if we managed to get promotion and one was if we stayed in the division. Now we know that we are sadly staying in div 3 for at least another season we will have to work hard again!

--------------------

Reges Fernando will be up for grabs but only for the right decision. I will be pushing for the best possible offer for him, to improve Birmingham. He is TB, but am now prepared to listen to offers for him.

Will need a player who can play in two possitions out of DM/CM/AM and one that can play CD/LB and cash on top! Ratings of about 87 to 89 depending on ages and abilities!

Contact me by private msg either on this forum or in game, but be assured I will not be letting the lad go on a cheap! So if you think you could grab yourself a bargain here, then job on and find a new target!

Just taken over Stockport County.:P

We finished 17th in division 4 so looks like a complete rebuild is in order. Have to manage the ongoing debt issue so will be selling everyone for cash. Next season won't be pretty results wise but it'll be for the better in the long term :o

Looking forward to the challenge!

Stockport County objective: Avoid 20th

Respuesta: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

2ngzr69.jpg

Objective Achieved.

The Gillingham easily meets the objective set at the beginning of the season, stay in Division 3.

It has not been easy, it has been a tough season, with many changes in the team, many players have been sold and many have joined, very few have managed to stay all season.

We were many days looking for the ideal alignment, tested many systems and finally returned to more fruits has given me, the same system that led me to move up last season.

We sold a very important players, but I was unable to rejuvenate the workforce, which is very important considering the future.

The team finished with 59 points, only 2 of the playoffs, and 19 out of the last of the teams descended, the Burton Albion.

I'm very happy and proud of the season that has been done. The objective will be more demanding in the next season, we must seriously fight for a place in the play offs.

Damn it! That's two clubs I've missed now and I'm checking constantly :( Anyone who logs in often who will add me as a friend and invite me to manage a club when one frees up please? I use james campbell (Forum - Jimbles)

]sirmarkhughes;2962505]

Here you go, the End of season awards questionnaire you have 10 days (10/8/2014) to send back your replies that means you can wait until the playoffs are finished if you wish, it is the same questionnaire as last season, post replies on my wall or mail me them on here, include your team and your division so I can easily sort them into categories when counting the votes, hopefully we get a good turnout in the numbers taking the time to vote and remember you can fill in as little or as many of the awards as you wish, good luck all.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2962500&postcount=2342

I forgot to mention to the newcomers and the cybernarcissistic members of 7046, yes Raz I am talking to you :), No voting for yourself or your players in any categories, votes will not count and a cyberwedgie may be given as a punishment, you have been warned!:eek:

Just sent awards over to Dan' date=' hopefully we get a good response, great for the setup and a tremendous amount of work on Dan's part.[/quote']

Cheers buddy yes that is 5 already sent them in so a decent early turnout, I am hoping we get 30+ which should be achievable

the pace from Bale+the rest of Reus=The best footballer ever.

EDIT: DAn sent you the awards

;)

I'll send mine soon too, Dan.

I've finished the M/R on the top goal scorers as well, but I might post it after the play offs to make sure that all the stats are right. I'm not sure though, I think it's only a certain Notts Forest player that features in the play offs, and he's banned for three games. I'll double check though.

CCFINALPNG_zps38f7f8ad.png

It's like the build up to a Star Wars film :D

Great image for the build up to the Champs League final, you are on for 3 Champs league in a row Ben, I am sure that will be a first and a great feat if you achieve it, Raz will have other thoughts though as he bids to try and win the trophy on his first Champions League final, good luck the pair of you.