English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8RZodgCK6Nk14emVCt8QD8AS7iGvKgkqQRxUBByb3rMEfIJvd

Arsenal Name Season 11!

(Shocks And None Shocks)

36116.jpg

Shot Stopper Forster who has now played, 27 games since joining Arsenal he is there standing number one and is expected to be a key part of Beckett's long term plans.

2915.jpg20539.jpg43650.jpg45990.jpg

The Arsenal back line will take a hole new look next season, new signings Juanfran and Bartra will make there way into the first squad, Chico who played only two games after being side lined will make his way back into the first team, and 22 year old Obiang who played 35 games last season out on loan, has done enough on loan to impress manager Beckett and get his chance now with Arsenal in the EPL.

998.jpg691.jpg

Two names coach Beckett is very fond of and made it clear that he wants them in his squad, Alonso and Arteta are expected to be holding mid's next season in a pushing squad as coach Beckett looks to sure up his back line.

2958.jpg3017.jpg14228.jpg

The part of the pitch were Arsenal will be a death to squads, (hoping anyway) Mata, Carzola, Navas will be key names next season as we push for goals, the trio have a lot to offer and I am expecting big things from this trio.

2751.jpg

And last but by no means least, the Striker is always key in any squad Torres will be looking to keep Villa out of the first team and why wont he next season, he will be a key name for me and I hope he can do something better then the past two seasons.

So there you have it a inside look to Arsenal before the season even gets under way again!!!!!!!

We (Northern Ireland) have a 85 rated side down to play you in the first game. Lafferty leads teh line for us' date=' Evans our star man is suspended.[/quote']

Big loss there with Evans out. Good luck anyways in the tournament!

Right guys, plenty of time on my hands at the minute and have been thinking for a while about setting up a little Next Gen type knockout tournament. Would space it out across the season to allow any draws to be replayed at opposite grounds as obviously friendlies can be drawn. If i got some decent interest i could get the teams wishing to enter together and get the first random set of fixtures knocked up. Would be pretty strict on the rules with no over 21s and a max rating of either 84/85. As i say, i have the time for arrange all fixtures and keep an eye on any rules breakers. Also would do a little write up after each knockout stage and once the tournament had finished and we had a winner, would do a write up on manager and player of tournament.

First i need to see what sort of interest it generates,there are a lot of teams in this setup who take a lot of pride in their youth teams, think it would be a waste not to have a little fun with it. :)

Right guys' date=' plenty of time on my hands at the minute and have been thinking for a while about setting up a little Next Gen type knockout tournament. Would space it out across the season to allow any draws to be replayed at opposite grounds as obviously friendlies can be drawn. If i got some decent interest i could get the teams wishing to enter together and get the first random set of fixtures knocked up. Would be pretty strict on the rules with no over 21s and a max rating of either 84/85. As i say, i have the time for arrange all fixtures and keep an eye on any rules breakers. Also would do a little write up after each knockout stage and once the tournament had finished and we had a winner, would do a write up on manager and player of tournament.

First i need to see what sort of interest it generates,there are a lot of teams in this setup who take a lot of pride in their youth teams, think it would be a waste not to have a little fun with it. :)[/quote']

A similar tournament has been rather popular and successful in 7777 so I think it would be great to bring it here too. I'd definitely be interested and hope many others are as well.

Id be very interested in running a youth tournament and think it could be great fun providing it has 1 person whos responsible for running it. A lot of people in 7046 spend a lot of time building there youth teams so would be nice to see a comp aimed at them. Like the idea of not letting 85+ play also as dont really see the point in 21 year old 91s playing and it completely spoils the concept IMO.

I have loads of ideas about how i want to do it such as doing a star man each round and a simple interview after results with one manager each round. Anything like this just adds to the gameworld and it would be great to make it a recurring thing each season.

Division 3 Play-Off Semi Finals

Friday 1st August, 2014

KO 20:00 GMT

Northampton Town v Coventry City

(LLWLLW)...................(LWDLLW)

In the corresponding league fixtures both teams recorded a 2-1 'home' defeat so there's little to choose on a head to head basis. So, at a packed Sixfields tonight, will it be a case of the (sky) blues for Johan or The Butcher nursing his deflated Cobblers? One thing's for sure - sparks will be flying when the landlord attempts to evict the tenant.

Rotherham United v Norwich City

(LDWWDW)...............(WDWLLL)

United come into the game in solid form and hot off the back of a 2-0 victory at Carrow Road on Wednesday. The omens certainly point towards The Millers grinding out a result as Delia's Canaries go rapidly off the boil. So, can ruts successfully (Central) Park the bus at The New York Stadium tonight or will Stuart's Empire State their superiority once more?

Good luck also to all those competing in the D2, D4 & D5 play-off semis...

:)

Edit: Err, perhaps not D5 - thanks, Machines... :-)

Right guys' date=' plenty of time on my hands at the minute and have been thinking for a while about setting up a little Next Gen type knockout tournament. Would space it out across the season to allow any draws to be replayed at opposite grounds as obviously friendlies can be drawn. If i got some decent interest i could get the teams wishing to enter together and get the first random set of fixtures knocked up. Would be pretty strict on the rules with no over 21s and a max rating of either 84/85. As i say, i have the time for arrange all fixtures and keep an eye on any rules breakers. Also would do a little write up after each knockout stage and once the tournament had finished and we had a winner, would do a write up on manager and player of tournament.

First i need to see what sort of interest it generates,there are a lot of teams in this setup who take a lot of pride in their youth teams, think it would be a waste not to have a little fun with it. :)[/quote']

I would be interested too but I don't have enough U21s to make a 11

A TALE OF TWO TALENTS

Jordan Ibe moved from Northampton to Walsall with Marc Stendera and a bit of cash coming the other way.

It's something of a punt on both sides, in some respects - as both are young players with potential. Tony is a big admirer of Ibe (18 yrs/78) whilst I feel the same about Stendera (18yrs/78)

Stendera's injury problems over recent months put the mockers on a deal being done for some time - but now he's back in action I wasn't too hesitant in agreeing terms with Mr Harman.

I reckon Stendera should start a lot for Frankfurt this season - and as I really like the kid anyway (looks a bit like Rooney, sadly) I'm hopeful that he might even be one of those elusive "+5's" we occasionally get. Also, German sides aren't shy about putting kids in the first XI - so he could emerge as a regular starter. I'm hoping he'll be up to 86/87 by this time next year.

Ibe I wasn't too sure about - but I hear he's good.

Have seen less of him than I have of Stendera - just a couple of YouTube clips - and I met someone from LFC a few weeks ago who tells me that they have others coming through the ranks who are better.

Perhaps the "next Sterling" as some have said - but he'll have his work cut out to displace Raheem on the wing in the Scouse line-up next season. That said, if he gets in to a Liverpool side that (I think) could certainly win the title this coming season - then certainly Walsall's manager will be sitting pretty.

Also, I'm fairly flush for wingers at Northampton with Sterling and Delofeu in situ.

A good deal for both sides, I'd say - but perhaps others will see it differently.

Good luck also to all those competing in the D2' date=' D4 & D5 play-off semis...
:)[/center']

No D5 here mate :P Good luck for tonight, cheers!

I have loads of ideas about how i want to do it such as doing a star man each round and a simple interview after results with one manager each round. Anything like this just adds to the gameworld and it would be great to make it a recurring thing each season.
I would be interested too but I don't have enough U21s to make a 11

It's a good idea, i'm part of a U21 competition in 7777 and it's cool, but like my pal Glory Days, i don't have many players under 21 here, so i'm out. But there should be a good bunch willing to make it. Good luck for it.

Our deal seems to have caused a bit of a stir :P As a Liverpool fan I have seen an awful lot of Ibe and for me he was the standout youth player at Anfield by some distance before going out on loan to Birmingham last season. I've personally been saying for some time to friends and family that he's someone I fully expect to break through not only at club level but for England as well so it will certainly be interesting to see how this one pans out.

Id be very interested in running a youth tournament and think it could be great fun providing it has 1 person whos responsible for running it. A lot of people in 7046 spend a lot of time building there youth teams so would be nice to see a comp aimed at them. Like the idea of not letting 85+ play also as dont really see the point in 21 year old 91s playing and it completely spoils the concept IMO.

I am sure Jooles is rubbing his hands in delight at the chance of showing off his youth team, his 7 under 21 players are looking forward to it.Is it going to be 5-a-side? :)