TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Right guys' date=' plenty of time on my hands at the minute and have been thinking for a while about setting up a little Next Gen type knockout tournament.:)[/quote']
Id be very interested in running a youth tournament

I'll have some of this ..:)

Right guys' date=' plenty of time on my hands at the minute and have been thinking for a while about setting up a little Next Gen type knockout tournament. Would space it out across the season to allow any draws to be replayed at opposite grounds as obviously friendlies can be drawn. If i got some decent interest i could get the teams wishing to enter together and get the first random set of fixtures knocked up. Would be pretty strict on the rules with no over 21s and a max rating of either 84/85. As i say, i have the time for arrange all fixtures and keep an eye on any rules breakers. Also would do a little write up after each knockout stage and once the tournament had finished and we had a winner, would do a write up on manager and player of tournament.

First i need to see what sort of interest it generates,there are a lot of teams in this setup who take a lot of pride in their youth teams, think it would be a waste not to have a little fun with it. :)[/quote']

Count me in mate

Hi lads, is there any clubs on offer atm? Just started playing this again, and looking to try and get back in some of the setups that I was in before I left. Looks like this is the most active one still going

Guest FallenAngel

apologies lads, but something happened that I never expected, and I'm going to have to leave SM. been great being here in 7046

apologies lads' date=' but something happened that I never expected, and I'm going to have to leave SM. been great being here in 7046[/quote']

I realise you might not see this as a 'guest' now, but I hope everything is okay :(

Right guys' date=' plenty of time on my hands at the minute and have been thinking for a while about setting up a little Next Gen type knockout tournament. Would space it out across the season to allow any draws to be replayed at opposite grounds as obviously friendlies can be drawn. If i got some decent interest i could get the teams wishing to enter together and get the first random set of fixtures knocked up. Would be pretty strict on the rules with no over 21s and a max rating of either 84/85. As i say, i have the time for arrange all fixtures and keep an eye on any rules breakers. Also would do a little write up after each knockout stage and once the tournament had finished and we had a winner, would do a write up on manager and player of tournament.

First i need to see what sort of interest it generates,there are a lot of teams in this setup who take a lot of pride in their youth teams, think it would be a waste not to have a little fun with it. :)[/quote']

Rotherham are keen to enter a team in this.

So already had a little interest, anymore wishing to enter let me know asap and ill get the first write up on with the round 1 fixtures on.

so far we have:

Me

Bigtunna

Adriano B

Longnose

Treble 99

Rotherham.

Anyone who is a few players short of the criteria has a few weeks yet to try and recruit a few youth players. Anyway, anyone wantinh to enter, let me know. :)

]sirmarkhughes;2962505]

Here you go, the End of season awards questionnaire you have 10 days (10/8/2014) to send back your replies that means you can wait until the playoffs are finished if you wish, it is the same questionnaire as last season, post replies on my wall or mail me them on here, include your team and your division so I can easily sort them into categories when counting the votes, hopefully we get a good turnout in the numbers taking the time to vote and remember you can fill in as little or as many of the awards as you wish, good luck all.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2962500&postcount=2342

I forgot to mention to the newcomers and the cybernarcissistic members of 7046, yes Raz I am talking to you :), No voting for yourself or your players in any categories, votes will not count and a cyberwedgie may be given as a punishment, you have been warned!:eek:

We have 8 people sent back there votes for the EOS Awards, there is still 8 days to send your votes in, there are already a few front runners for a couple of the categories, three of the eight that have sent them back have voted for themselves or their players, these votes will not be counted.

How did the play-offs go?

Phillip Richardson to adopt a 5-3-2 formation at Wolves?

In a recent press conference Phillip Richardson announced to the world that he would be using 5-3-2 formation with Wolves next season

I must say what a fantastic job you have done in your short life as a member of SM .... Rep of 41 ???

Not only do you get the Wolves job in EC 7046 but you bag the LIVERPOOL job in EC 28679 . . . Very well done to you

I along with many others look forward to your contributions to these gameworlds and the forum in general

Well done Phil :rolleyes:

So already had a little interest' date=' anymore wishing to enter let me know asap and ill get the first write up on with the round 1 fixtures on.

so far we have:

Me

Bigtunna

Adriano B

Longnose

Treble 99

Rotherham.

Anyone who is a few players short of the criteria has a few weeks yet to try and recruit a few youth players. Anyway, anyone wantinh to enter, let me know. :)[/quote']

Chesterfiled would best interested but with our finances, we probably won't be able to add any more U21 players can you make an exception? we have a 22 year old 85

I must say what a fantastic job you have done in your short life as a member of SM .... Rep of 41 ???

Not only do you get the Wolves job in EC 7046 but you bag the LIVERPOOL job in EC 28679 . . . Very well done to you

I along with many others look forward to your contributions to these gameworlds and the forum in general

Well done Phil :rolleyes:

Lenny,

remember as a kid, there was always one kid who came away from the ice cream van with two flakes in his cone, whilst the rest of us couldn't afford one! he probably jumped the queue as well!

Chesterfiled would best interested but with our finances' date=' we probably won't be able to add any more U21 players can you make an exception? we have a 22 year old 85[/quote']

Once there is enough interest in the concept as a whole then the final details can be fine tuned later on.

Teams interested so far..

Bournemouth

Walsall

Charlton

Accrington

Derby

Man City

Rotherham

Chesterfield

Swansea

Oldham

Sheffield United

Spurs

As i have said, there is plenty of time before we would be kicking this off, so if anyone is short of a couple of players, you could bring a couple in at 300k a pop or even loan. Would prefer to keep the rules nice and simple but that can be discussed later. Good interest so far, the more teams fancy it the better.

Some rare transfer news to report at Chesterfield

Wellington SILVA has completed his move to Chesterfield from Palmeiras for 1,110,000

Very pleased to acquire this talented youngster who has played well in real life with Real Murcia where he saw some regular playing time. He's now moved on loan to Almeria after failing to get a work permit in England but I will hope he looks for first team minutes, so definitely worth a punt.

The following players have been made available for transfer Part Ex

Gael Clichy

John Terry (Currently injured)

Simon Kjaer

Axel Witsel

Alexandr Kokorin

The players below i am willing to discuss deals for but i am in no rush to see them leave.

Angel Di Maria

Thomas Muller

Phil Jones

Just drop us a message or place i bid. Cheers guys :)

PLAY-OFF FINALS ARE TONIGHT

So who will grab the prizes? SMH previews the Finals matches.

Huddersfield-Notts Forest

My old club Huddersfield managed by Micheal take on Mo's Forest, both teams narrowly missed out on the auto-promotion and deservedly fight out the last promo spot, throughout the season there was nothing between the sides with both finishing equal on sixty-five points.

Cassano and Kuyt are the top scorers for Huddersfield and Forest respectively with 17 & 14 goals for their clubs.

Huddersfield are injury and suspension free but Forest are missing Balde to injury and Iniesta, Matthieu & Musa to suspension.

Well this will be tight, Mo will be desperate to get back up to D1 to play with the big boys but with the players that are missing Micheal's Huddersfield go into the Final as favourites, I have a feeling Mo will end his ostracism from the top flight by the narrowest of margins.

Prediction 2-2 (Forest to win on penalties)

---------------------------------------

Northampton-Norwich

Long time division two leaders Northampton seemed to crack under the pressure in the closing stages, manager Richard will be hoping to make it three wins in a row against Norwich tonight but Ruts Norwich did manage a 3-1 win in the first league match between the sides this season so will know that they can win this if they turn up.

Northampton have Rossi (10) in double figure goals whilst Norwich have three players with double figure goals Anthanasiadis(12), Scheiber (10) & Sahan.

The teams are both injury and suspension free.

Norwich definitely have the prettier side on the eyes but I think Ruts probably has the better tactical nous as evident in last seasons Division 4 title win, this will be close but I see Richard cursing his end of season form as it flows over into this game whilst I see Ruts smiling at back to back promotions, maybe I have been drinking too much, we will see tonight.

Prediction 0-2

----------------------------------------

Southend-Hartlepool

Ryan's Hartlepool ended the season great which earned them that sixth placed last play off spot whilst Rain Man's Southend seemed to be struggling to count the toothpicks as he went on a six game winless end to the season.

Hartlepool's top scorer is Martins with 8 goals, Southends top marksman is Lasogga with a dozen.

Southend are injury and suspension free while Hartlepool have Naldo missing though injury.

I think this game looks to be the easiest to call of the three Finals tonight, Southend have already beat Hartlepool twice this season and I think they will make it a triple.

Prediction 3-1

--------------------------------

Anyway good luck to all six of the contenders tonight.

Gael Clichy & Alexandr Kokorin will be staying in Div 3 for next season after agreeing to move to West Ham from Man City:D

MONREAL, ROSICKÝ and GERVINHO are available, looking for a winger or defenders in return, looking for 88+ players

So who will grab the prizes? SMH previews the Finals matches.

Huddersfield-Notts Forest

Prediction 2-2 (Forest to win on penalties)

---------------------------------------

Northampton-Norwich

Prediction 0-2

----------------------------------------

Southend-Hartlepool

Prediction 3-1

--------------------------------

Anyway good luck to all six of the contenders tonight.

Paul the Octopus under no danger of being replaced by the eerily psychic SMH

0/3 right.

That's quality stuff

Southend 1-3 Hartlepool United

After 3 strenuous seasons in Division 4, we finally get promotion back to Division 3!

We didn't have the best of form going into the play-offs, and we nearly had as large of a downfall we had at the end of last season. Thankfully, we were able to win the 2 games when it counted

d3 Playoff Final

NORTHAMPTON 3 NORWICH 0

A Wembley day out, £1m gate receipts - and a happy ending for Northampton after a really topsy turvy season.

Blew a massive lead in the regular season that saw us going into the Playoff Shootout as the worst-form team of the group.

Remarkably, everything turned around.

A 2-0 win in the semis and a comfortable win in the final (we even had a fourth disallowed) - sees us accompany Man City and Ipswich into Div 2.

Bad luck and sympathy to Norwich/Ruts.

I hope we get an expanded stadium beyond our cuurent 7000 capacity. it's only fair.

Richard, many congratulations on your convincing play-off final victory tonight - only sorry I couldn't give you a better game.

I went into it feeling quietly confident after the semi final 4231/433W formula paid dividends. Sadly, not to be tonight though.

All the best for next season - enjoy... :)

ruts

Norwich City FC

So who will grab the prizes? SMH previews the Finals matches....

Paul the Octopus under no danger of being replaced by the eerily psychic SMH

0/3 right.

That's quality stuff

ahah' date=' indeed :P it was a nice effort though. He's my forumer of the season :)

Southend 1-3 Hartlepool United

After 3 strenuous seasons in Division 4, we finally get promotion back to Division 3!

We didn't have the best of form going into the play-offs, and we nearly had as large of a downfall we had at the end of last season. Thankfully, we were able to win the 2 games when it counted

Congratulations men, good job! I feel sorry for Southend though, this past few weeks were a complete nightmare for them.

d3 Playoff Final

NORTHAMPTON 3 NORWICH 0

A Wembley day out' date=' £1m gate receipts - and a happy ending for Northampton after a really topsy turvy season.

Blew a massive lead in the regular season that saw us going into the Playoff Shootout as the worst-form team of the group.

Remarkably, everything turned around.

A 2-0 win in the semis and a comfortable win in the final (we even had a fourth disallowed) - sees us accompany Man City and Ipswich into Div 2.[/quote']

Gratz mate, well done. I was looking to compete to you next season in Division 3, it would be nice as you produce some funny reports :P Shame :(B)

Richard' date=' many congratulations on your convincing play-off final victory tonight - only sorry I couldn't give you a better game.

I went into it feeling quietly confident after the semi final 4231/433W formula paid dividends. Sadly, not to be tonight though.

All the best for next season - enjoy... :)

ruts

Norwich City FC[/quote']

Commiserations mate, great season from Norwich just after being promoted! A perfect example of the top competition my Aldershot will face in Division 3 next season!

7046bloglogo_zps7efa6d3c.png

LATEST ARTICLE ADDED TO THE BLOG...

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 7046'S TOP 25 LEAGUE GOAL SCORERS

http://www.ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/english-championship-7046s-top-25_4.html

It's the one you've all been waiting for. Did any of your players make it into the top 25?

All players, positions and stats should be correct, although if you spot an error or know of a player that should be on there then please let me know and I'll edit the article. I had a deep look into players as low as 86 rated, so there (realistically) shouldn't be, but you know where I am if there is. Enjoy :)

Also, congratulations to those that won in the play offs tonight and commiserations to those that lost.