English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

I want your money for Osman
Gozzy, Div 4, what happened?! :confused:

And hats off to The Treble 1999, amazing season for Swansea. Welcome to a very exclusive champions club :)

Is Zakkoo still around anyone? Promotion & the Div 1 title in just 69 games, amazing. 359 games and in the league all Zakkoo could manage was a couple of relegations and clawing his way back up to where he started.

Now can you get 2 titles Treble? That's the hard part ;)

?COBBLERS SPLURGE

Spent our entire budget on a kid who made his debut for Reading on the weekend.

A gesture really, as we go into debt after the first week and won't be in profit again unless we win the treble

The boy has to get a +23 to make it worthwhile

Iker Muniain has finally come home and is here for his second spell lol. Im delight to have him back and in the midfield that contains Draxler and James then hes going to fit my model.

Branislav is a pure upgrade on Debuchy but im sad to do this as I love Debuchy and now he is Arsenal it really hurts to let him go lol.

Aboukakar and Wickham go but I get Sinclair as a depth cover to balance it out. Hes english and he gets a move then Im confident in his ability :)

Good days work for Fulham :)

The Dons start the season with the obligatory deal with Sunderland. In comes Benatia and out goes Boateng.

The deal pulls our starting XI average up to 91 so I am happy enough :D

Oh and we are in the World Cup Final...again :P

716.pngGray season for the Reds

Average could be the word to describe Barnsley's latest season. Taking only 1 point out of the last 5 games, The Reds ended up 12th place in Div3 with 50 points, 10 points away from relegation and 11 points away from playoffs.

"We have a good working group, with a lot of ambition despite the experience. We definitely lack in depth and some youngster irreverence, both things that we need to work on." said Marcos in the new season press conference. "Unfortunately no major changes are taking place, mostly because financial health is a real concern for us, so we will have to reinvent ourselves and see where that can take us" he continued.

Regarding transfers, "Ricardo Costa is on the market, as he showed interest in leaving the team, we are open to proposals for him - expecting to make some cash".

"I would also like to take the opportunity to wish good luck to the other teams and managers, now that we are approaching fast the beginning of the competition! Our first official appearance will be at home against Blackpool, team that unfortunately ended up relegated last season. Hard working is in place so we can have a good start!" Marcos ended up saying.

Another difficult and challenging season seems to be ahead for the Oakwell side.

Gozzy' date=' Div 4, what happened?! :confused:

[/quote']

I think i've problem with 7046 mate.Always have terrible start and despite never ignoring the team i just can't get the result right. Deservedly relegated and i just hope for a better start this season

Selling Glen Johnson for Behrami+Demichelis. Needed cover for defence after Puyol retirement and a lot of players can cover Johnson place in my team so decent deal for both sides

Stockport County progress:

Was going to rebuild and tank with an 80 rated starting XI but figured I might as well have a crack in my first season.

Have a few players coming in and should get a starting XI average around 85/86. Probably not a good idea due to the number of good squads in division 4 and it'll cost me an extra 4M+ in wages but hopefully my very defensive counter attacking tactics still work :P

Also thanks to Man City for Johannsson 86 and Man Utd for Gudelj 86 on loan deals.

Not confident at all heading into my opening match vs Millwall. is 451 defensive the best formation to park the bus? :o

Struggling a bit with the awards and time' date=' will get them counted up as soon as possible then get things together, a bit of a hectic time at the minute.

Unless anybody is good at counting and wants to count up some categories?

.[/quote']

Can i help Dan?, I'm not particularly good at counting beyond double digits but i am willing. :)

Alright chaps.. Thought I'd give it one more go for Suarez before the new season officially starts on saturday. Feel free to pop in any bids pms if your interested. If nothing can be sorted by then he'll be staying for the season. Cash is of no real interest to me so would be after a 2 for 1 preferably with a replacement striker and midfielder included. Cheers :)

Sorry not been on for a bit guys, trying to keep up with SM at same time as work but Arsenal are still looking for deals,

Song 91 - Nani 91 - Drogba 92 among overs can all leave the Gunners asap, I am still on the hunt for any Spanish blood for my squad and willing to deal with anyone not Spanish so feel free to make offers.

Signed Jeff Hendrick in a swap for Matty James. Couldn't see James playing much for Leicester this season so decided to cash in and get a player who is really impressing for Derby. Last season I had quite a few Leicester players, now I only have Nugent, Schmeichel and Vardy.

Also signed Ings, Ibe and Wisdom on loan. May return some of them depending on what permanent deals I can make.

Signed Jeff Hendrick in a swap for Matty James. Couldn't see James playing much for Leicester this season so decided to cash in and get a player who is really impressing for Derby. Last season I had quite a few Leicester players' date=' now I only have Nugent, Schmeichel and Vardy.

Also signed Ings, Ibe and Wisdom on loan. May return some of them depending on what permanent deals I can make.[/quote']

Good signings. You have a good chance of having a decent riser amongst those.

Selling Glen Johnson for Behrami+Demichelis. Needed cover for defence after Puyol retirement and a lot of players can cover Johnson place in my team so decent deal for both sides

Happy with this deal' date=' been looking for a decent RB for a couple of seasons now :)

But not as happy as I am for this...

Germany have won the SMFA World Cup!

Two world cups running, got to be one of an elite 7046 group now :D

Sorry not been on for a bit guys' date=' trying to keep up with SM at same time as work but Arsenal are still looking for deals,

Song 91 - Nani 91 - Drogba 92 among overs can all leave the Gunners asap, I am still on the hunt for any Spanish blood for my squad and willing to deal with anyone not Spanish so feel free to make offers.

I'm not Spanish but I'm beginning to wish I was :eek:

Chesterfield's season awards have been completed. I would usually post this on 7046 Blog but I have had some issues uploading, so I decided to put it on the reporting thread instead.

The Chesterfield awards would include a season overview, most valuable player, golden boot, most assists, fan's favourite and surprise packet of the season.

Hope you all enjoy the read :)

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2969391&postcount=2346

A new era for myself and Wolves as I took the job this morning after 343 games in charge at Dagenham.This squad at Wolves has great potential even though they are languishing in Division 4. Looking forward to bringing back the good times to the Black Country side.

A new era for myself and Wolves as I took the job this morning after 343 games in charge at Dagenham.This squad at Wolves has great potential even though they are languishing in Division 4. Looking forward to bringing back the good times to the Black Country side.

Nice to see a manager from within the GW get the job

Good Luck :D