English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Reunited with James Chester for £5.7m. Special thanks to Shack who messaged me to say he would have signed Chester but as he wouldn't play much he'd rather he go to Plymouth where he will play.

Also signing Joe Garner as a backup striker, should get a raise in the next League One changes.

Reunited with James Chester for £5.7m. Special thanks to Shack who messaged me to say he would have signed Chester but as he wouldn't play much he'd rather he go to Plymouth where he will play.

Also signing Joe Garner as a backup striker' date=' should get a raise in the next League One changes.[/quote']

See there are some good guys left in football.. Cough :P

Glad you got him.. Tidy little signing there

A little bit of transfer news to report at Chesterfield.

Karim BELLARABI has completed his move to Chesterfield from Manchester City for 4,000,000

A neat and tidy player to round off our squad for the coming season and a big thanks to Man City Manager Steve025 who made the deal quick and easy. I wanted to add another midfielder/winger to my squad with the departure of Pablo Hernandez and Mehmet Ekici.

I thought Bellarabi would add value to the squad with his versatility to play across the front three and play as a makeshift striker. In real life, he is known for his dribbling ability and vision on the ball but he lacks clinical finishing.

I am hoping that he breaks into the Bayer Leverkusen first XI and impressed the new manager but regardless he is a solid purchase for our squad.

The offer for Joshua BRILLANTE of Newcastle Jets from Crystal Palace has been accepted along with other club offers. Newcastle Jets will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Delete

The deal reported to be worth 200,000 plus Marcos ASTINA and Matías SÁNCHEZ involving Joshua BRILLANTE of Newcastle Jets and Ipswich Town has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Newcastle Jets will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

Delete

The deal reported to be worth 700,000 plus Markel ETXEBERRIA involving Joshua BRILLANTE of Newcastle Jets and Fulham has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Newcastle Jets will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

I was never going to miss out so overbid 2.1mi + 20 year old 77. Thing is though I still think its a bargain (no aussie bias). Hes been a regular feature in Fiorentina sides this preseason even getting a good chunk of game time in a game against Real Madrid and scored a beauty on debut in Peru. On track to be a squad player this season which should get him a tidy rise 80---->83-86 (depending on how much he plays) and that should already give me the cash back. Seems very highly regarded by Montella and think he could have an 88/89 peak.

Ronald McDonald new Dagenham and Redbridge boss

The new gaffer ,who averages 1 game for the 45 clubs he has managed, promises you will be lovin it!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHtwcFOhupqKNzeheAORj4fTM4GIHt6DCkKi_FOXe0RsfQl6sl

Mr McDonald is seen here impersonating Rita Ora his favourite singer.

He is to sign Atanas Chipilov, Zeki Fryers, Patrick Burger, Ricky Shakes and Harry Bunn along with Jonnie Cheeseburglur, Alfred Onion-Ring and Dave Nuggett. Like his fries don't expect him to stick around long.

Expect some tough opposition in this league Mr Mcdonald, as in big news Colonel Sanders has taken over Yeovil. Here he is seen tucking into one of the tasty pies outside the ground.

Colonel-Sanders.jpg

I hope your time is finger lickin good.

Why does,nt someone, for example, Millwall manager Craig, open a second account and every manager makes friends with this account. And then everytime a team is made available, hopefully someone in this gameworld will be online and offer it to this account. And then Craig could go through the waiting list and offer to the ones who have been waiting the longest.

It doesnt have to be Millwall Craig who opens another account, just a thought !!!

Why does' date='nt someone, for example, Millwall manager Craig, open a second account and every manager makes friends with this account. And then everytime a team is made available, hopefully someone in this gameworld will be online and offer it to this account. And then Craig could go through the waiting list and offer to the ones who have been waiting the longest.

It doesnt have to be Millwall Craig who opens another account, just a thought !!![/quote']

Excellent idea

Why does' date='nt someone, for example, Millwall manager Craig, open a second account and every manager makes friends with this account. And then everytime a team is made available, hopefully someone in this gameworld will be online and offer it to this account. And then Craig could go through the waiting list and offer to the ones who have been waiting the longest.

It doesnt have to be Millwall Craig who opens another account, just a thought !!![/quote']

Yes, I put this to SM

I put forward a suggestion bout job offers and who gets offered jobs. I said it best to have a nominated person in each GW so each GW is monitored to who gets in etc.

I didn't want to put forward my name but I would like to be in that role so i can help 7046 to get new managers who are keen to get in.

I also feel we need a "red card" area, where managers who quit after one game or club hop can be kept away from good setups.

but yeah, i think your idea is excellent, for the record i would get account if needed to help 7046 wait list etc.

ps the new single player thing has my idea re job offers so i think they could be adding it or similar

We really must get a grip on these job offers Lads :(

Agreed, it appears there are one or two individuals out there, perhaps a little short of friends or medication, determined to sabotage the leading forum game worlds, one club after another.

It is essential we put in place some safeguards against these very sad individuals - hopefully, there's some mileage in the 'vetting-by-Craig' system whereby only decent, long-standing managers from the waiting list are drafted in...

It seems a shame though that there are already systems in place that could protect popular game worlds to some extent.

For example the rep level.

Obviously one would not want new players not to be able to enter popular or forum worlds, as we need new blood and forum worlds tend to hang on to players longer and are therefore good for business.

So lets say forum worlds were given a rep level of 80.

This would eliminate all new players which wouldn't be a good idea.

However if your rep level determined the " average " rep level you could join then you could still join some forum worlds as well as less popular worlds.

Less full leagues could have the minimum rep level reduced to say 20 .

Alternately keep the rep level entry as it is , but deduct a rep point for every game a manager quits before 10. That way you could only club hop so many times.

I have also suggested a "vetted by craig " type system in the improvements thread but this very much split opinion on the grounds of " we don't want a jumped up so and so telling us what to do ".

At the end of the day I got into EC1 purely by chance one summer as a 40 ..

If I hadn't got in there , I might not be here now ..

It is fairly evident that MrMcdonald, reads the forum. He has or had multiple accounts. If you look at his clubs , he often joins and leaves just before or immediately after Lance Windsor or Wesley Tanner.

He always seems to know when a club is available , meaning he has a friend , or another account within the same game world. For what purpose , I know not.

Tonight Arsenal take on Swansea at home, my Gunners face up against a strong looking side, Drogs will be against me for the first time since leaving witch I wish him the best of luck.

I am still aiming for more Spanish players so get hold of me to deal people.

The important thing for now is that job offers go 'somewhere safe' after being rejected by an existing manager who doesn't want the club on offer, rather than being picked up by a random noob or troublemaker.

Craig doesn't have to make the decision alone as to who gets the job from the waiting list - that could be put to a vote amongst the existing managers, for example.

Personally, I have absolutely no problem in Craig deciding for himself who is 'fit and proper' to join though - he is Chairman Of The 7046 Board as far as I'm concerned.

Whatever we do, I just hope we can do it quickly so we don't have another Wolverhampton on our hands...

As someone who was very fortunate to be allowed in by the kind manouverings of two in-game managers, I can fully understand how keen the guys on the waiting list are to have their chance.

Normally, I'm "anti-clique" - but in the case of 7046 it's success has been down to the core group of managers who have invested hundreds, perhaps thousands, of hours of their time in keeping it competitive, fair and entertaining.

It's only reasonable that such a commitment enables the core group to have a say in who gets in.

It would be a big ask for SMFA to grant Craig chairman status - and a big ask of him to give up the time to vet all applicants.

One route might be to ask SMFA to convert EC 7046 into a "private" or "custom" GW - as I think that type of GW has entry controls.

As someone who was very fortunate to be allowed in by the kind manouverings of two in-game managers' date=' I can fully understand how keen the guys on the waiting list are to have their chance.

Normally, I'm "anti-clique" - but in the case of 7046 it's success has been down to the core group of managers who have invested hundreds, perhaps thousands, of hours of their time in keeping it competitive, fair and entertaining.

It's only reasonable that such a commitment enables the core group to have a say in who gets in.

It would be a big ask for SMFA to grant Craig chairman status - and a big ask of him to give up the time to vet all applicants.

[b']One route might be to ask SMFA to convert EC 7046 into a "private" or "custom" GW - as I think that type of GW has entry controls[/b].

Unless there has been a change this can't be done I'm afraid. I asked for the same for EC106 and they said they can't convert public GWs to custom and vice versa, and that the only way to do it would be to create a custom GW with the same clubs and sign the players again.

Plymouth came from two goals down to beat Norwich 4-2, despite going down to 10 men. Christian Clemens and Julian Schieber gave Norwich a 2-0 lead, however goals from Jeff Hendrick, Scott Dann, Danny Ings, and a penalty from David Nugent, gave Plymouth their first three points of the season. Aaron Cresswell was sent off with the score's at 2-2 for a second bookable offence.

It seems a shame though that there are already systems in place that could protect popular game worlds to some extent.

For example the rep level.

Obviously one would not want new players not to be able to enter popular or forum worlds' date=' as we need new blood and forum worlds tend to hang on to players longer and are therefore good for business.

So lets say forum worlds were given a rep level of 80.

This would eliminate all new players which wouldn't be a good idea.

However if your rep level determined the " average " rep level you could join then you could still join some forum worlds as well as less popular worlds.

Less full leagues could have the minimum rep level reduced to say 20 .

Alternately keep the rep level entry as it is , but deduct a rep point for every game a manager quits before 10. That way you could only club hop so many times.

I have also suggested a "vetted by craig " type system in the improvements thread but this very much split opinion on the grounds of " we don't want a jumped up so and so telling us what to do ".

At the end of the day I got into EC1 purely by chance one summer as a 40 ..

If I hadn't got in there , I might not be here now ..[/quote']

am a fair guy who gives everyone a fair chance based on them wanting to be in 7046, everyone deserves a chance who is on list or not

AM CERTAINLY NOT a jumped up so and so and NEVER will be

you'll notice i have been an SM FORUMER since 2006, proving that i am a diehard

My name was used as an example - Who knows who would be appointed, (based on gw managers)

SM wouldn't allow one person to decide job offers, I have been there, got the t-shirt, as they say, SM decide who gets job offer and the manager with the offer decides who to give it to,

that will never change

Plymouth came from two goals down to beat Norwich 4-2' date=' despite going down to 10 men. Christian Clemens and Julian Schieber gave Norwich a 2-0 lead, however goals from Jeff Hendrick, Scott Dann, Danny Ings, and a penalty from David Nugent, gave Plymouth their first three points of the season. Aaron Cresswell was sent off with the score's at 2-2 for a second bookable offence.[/quote']

Nice one, James - well played.

At 20mins and 2-0 up I thought this was my night but you killed me second half, great response from your lads... :)

As someone who was very fortunate to be allowed in by the kind manouverings of two in-game managers' date=' I can fully understand how keen the guys on the waiting list are to have their chance.

[b']It would be a big ask for SMFA to grant Craig chairman status[/b] - and a big ask of him to give up the time to vet all applicants.

One route might be to ask SMFA to convert EC 7046 into a "private" or "custom" GW - as I think that type of GW has entry controls.

I agree, i don't think SM would allow anyone to be in that position.