English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against Chelsea.

Everton beat Chelsea 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Sokratis scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Arouca and Suárez were also amongst the goalscorers.

Delighted to get 3 points on the board so soon into the season against a mighty looking Chelsea side. All the more impressive as a couple of my better players were missing :)

In other news after a number of seasons as a player and winning the league and charity shield in the process Everton have finally agreed to part way with Suarez. Wasn't an easy decision but in the end I feel I've settled on a deal that I'm happy enough with. Bringing in Sanchez and Rambo (who I'm a huge fan of being a cardiff boy) both have the potential to improve their ratings but are well enough established to slot right into my team.

D4: Stockport County 0-0 Burton Albion

Fair result against Burton Albion. Both sides went in with attacking formations but neither team could convert their chances. GK Carrizo 86 was impressive and picks up our first MOTM for Stockport County.

Signed 38 year old Garcia Juanfran 87 to replace Alessio Romagnoli 82 in defence. Very pleased with the cleansheet but our lack of quality strikers is a bit of a concern.

Also signed 24 year old Nick Blackman 82 for some depth. He should feature regularly once we drop out of contention for promotion (which should be pretty soon :o).

Up next is another tough match against Hull City. They've been averaging 6 goals a game (including the friendlies) and have the better players but it is a home game for us .. and our last win was back on the 12th July, so we are due.

My stats since taking over this team:

Overall 5 Draws 6 Losses

Division 4: 3 Draws

Friendlies: 2 Draws 6 Losses

Come on Stockport .. I want a win this weekend!!!

When asked about his time on SoccerManager over the past 7 years ....

My biggest regret? Well, leaving Tottenham Hotspur back in 2011, and not keeping myself in amongst some of the greatest set ups on the game.

Reporter:

So you're back committed to the game and the forum?
I am indeed, but I won't just jump at any opportunity, they're are many managers better than me with building squads from nothing, bringing in risers and bringing them Div 2,3,4 clubs up to greatness

For the first time in my 486th game rein Im rock bottom. Its only 2 games in but I dont like the fact im bottom as im not used to it :mad:

We lost 1-0 against Liverpool , We edged possession without doing anything with it and deserved to lose in the end. Very frustrating but I need to work out a set of tactics quicker rather than later. Next up is Jooles Boro and we need to hit the ground running.

WE THE PEOPLE! B)

For the first time in my 486th game rein Im rock bottom. Its only 2 games in but I dont like the fact im bottom as im not used to it :mad:

We lost 1-0 against Liverpool ' date=' We edged possession without doing anything with it and deserved to lose in the end. Very frustrating but I need to work out a set of tactics quicker rather than later. Next up is Jooles Boro and we need to hit the ground running.

[b']WEE ON THE PEOPLE![/b] B)

Dom it must be worrying to be sitting bottom of the league and the only team in the top flight yet to score a goal, even more depressing must be the fact that old man SOP copied your tactics and sits proudly top of the league after dishing out a massive humbling to Walsall, I wouldn't worry things can change fast, ask Shack he turned it round pretty quick last season. :)

Liverpool drew 0-0 in the first game against Derby, was a fair result, we then got a beating in the Champs League by Leverkusen 2-0, before masterminding a boring 1-0 win over Fulham, rested Rooney for the first half as Mario Gomez concerns are growing, it was the masterstroke as he scored before being hauled off at HT for Rooney.

I have been really busy and still a bit pist off, will finally get the awards up soon.

On the point of managers coming in and ruining clubs before disappearing, that is just a part of football in real life and in gameworlds, yes it is annoying but I wouldn't go as far as to try and dictate who can or cannot get in the set-up, that is not 7046 way, yes if you have a club on offer by all means try to offer it to someone you would like in the set-up/has shown interest to get in the set-up/ is on the waiting list etc, but an all out every new manager to be vetted by a board/chairman is nonsense, it is the diversity of managers that are in/come in to 7046 that make it what it is, that's my two cents.

Dom it must be worrying to be sitting bottom of the league and the only team in the top flight yet to score a goal' date=' even more depressing must be the fact that old man SOP copied your tactics and sits proudly top of the league after dishing out a massive humbling to Walsall, I wouldn't worry things can change fast, ask Shack he turned it round pretty quick last season. :)

Liverpool drew 0-0 in the first game against Derby, was a fair result, we then got a beating in the Champs League by Leverkusen 2-0, before masterminding a boring 1-0 win over Fulham, rested Rooney for the first half as Mario Gomez concerns are growing, it was the masterstroke as he scored before being hauled off at HT for Rooney.

I have been really busy and still a bit pist off, will finally get the awards up soon.

On the point of managers coming in and ruining clubs before disappearing, that is just a part of football in real life and in gameworlds, yes it is annoying but I wouldn't go as far as to try and dictate who can or cannot get in the set-up, that is not 7046 way, yes if you have a club on offer by all means try to offer it to someone you would like in the set-up/has shown interest to get in the set-up/ is on the waiting list etc, but an all out every new manager to be vetted by a board/chairman is nonsense, it is the diversity of managers that are in/come in to 7046 that make it what it is, that's my two cents.[/quote']

Ive found myself strangely annoyed by that , my tactics , formations and my precise arrows are my trademark in 7046 and if you think of 4-3-3 wingers with crazy arrows then you think of me. And for SOP of all people to steal the tactic , gain a massive result and my players I sold to him are having blinders then that is has annoyed me more than anything. And I sit bottom and hes top. But having said that I did think Danny would do well there hes one of those brilliant performers in these setups.

In terms of goals , Im not slightly bit worried , Ive got a good attack but I still need to find the best attack , James , Iker , Draxler , Walcott, Auba , Falcao and even Sahin will not struggle to score goals for long :)

But Im not worried at the very least I made a mistake in bringing Capoue in who has been awful for me at both CB and DM and have had enough of him which is a shame as I really like him and think he will have a good breakthrough season. He made the mistake for the goal and now I want to sell him.

So Damiao , Capoue , Carrick and 7.7 million is there for me to spend so make your offers willing to use 2 to get 1 player or offer 2 decent players to get one of these. Thanks

We lost 1-0 against Liverpool ' date=' We edged possession without doing anything with it and deserved to lose in the end. Very frustrating but I need to work out a set of tactics quicker rather than later. Next up is Jooles Boro and we need to hit the ground running.

WE THE PEOPLE! B)[/quote']

I was not joking around when i told you that you would pay the price for selling Higuain pal!

Dani Alves' date=' three games into his Liverpool career and has already racked up two red cards.[/b']

What a performer! He's obviously proud. Respect.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCcb1ZU1IpZXhzoZpxxdK96JTR4MWZYbAq5UT0-txI5-FFA3M4

I have been really busy and still a bit pist off' date=' will finally get the awards up soon.[/quote']

Cool :D

I was not joking around when i told you that you would pay the price for selling Higuain pal!

Selling Higgy hasnt affected me , Falcao has been good but was suspended for the 1st game. Its been my tactics if im being honest lol.

CAPOUE IS STILL UP FOR SALE , PUT SOME OFFERS IN AS IVE HAD A VERY GOOD OFFER FROM SWANSEA AND IT WILL BE ACCEPTED TONIGHT WHEN I COME BACK ON. :)

Aldershot Town beat Hartlepool United 4 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Sow scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Rodrigo and Insigne were also amongst the goalscorers.

Great result for us last night, winning our first match in Division 3 in a fashion way! We knew Hartlepool very well, as we were in Division 4 together last season, and in the pre-season friendlys, we meet them twice and beat them confortably both times. So i was expecting to win this one and fortunately it happened. We dominated possession largely, but shoots were kinda even. Howver we were way more efficient infront of goal and got a deserved win. Moussa Sow keeps being a threat for our opponents, now in Division 3, and Lorenzo Insigne showed all his talent and skill and scored two marvellous free-kicks! We're 5th placed.

Top of the league :D
Err' date=' not top of the league :o[/quote']

Early contender for the Choker award!

Just got the graphics in for the awards from Mr. Newman and I must say they look cracking, now if SMH could just crack on and get the rest of the votes counted we could maybe get on with the ceremony before they come around again.

Hopefully the full awards will be set out by Saturday/Sunday ish.

Im delighted to finally announce the signing of Paulo Oliveira , Hes a young portuguese CB with plenty of potential. He moved to Sporting and is a regular starter (I think :o). Anyway Ive been looking for his type of defender young with potential and very cheap. :)

I apologise about not making a decision on Capoue still got fire in the irons and ive got 5 clubs interested. Im looking more defence than anything else to be honest but will accept any position as long as the players are good :)