English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Manchester progress to the 2nd round of the cup after eating Southampton 2-1 at St Mary's.

Made 10 changes to the team with Baumann the only survivor. Vincent Aboubaker and Victor Moses score their first goals for the club.

Our reward for the win is a tough looking home fixture against Sheffield United.

• Replies 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom Latouche

• Jooles

• sirmarkhughes

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread LATEST ARTICLE ADDED TO THE BLOG... ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 7046'S TOP 25 LEAGUE GOAL SCORERS http://www.ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/english

English Championship 7046(51429) Set Up Creator (Aaron Duffy) Game World Id : 51429 Clubs Taken 80/80 (100%) Welcome to one of the most active and competitive Set Ups on Soccer Manager.

Posted Images

A nice 5-1 win for us over Wolfsburg in the Champions league, a Robben hattrick and a goal each for Ribery & De Rossi were enough for us to get the three points, after a draw and a defeat in the first two games we needed to win this so it is pleasing that we got the result.

Got Jooles Boro tomorrow and Rooney and Gomez are starting on the bench so we will have to see if that was a wise decision after the game.

Yes a bit late but the awards are being done' date=' there are 6 parts so we will have two a day starting off with Division 2 and Division 1 awards, Division 3 and division 4 will be up tomorrow then the forum awards and overall awards on Sunday as I have yet to finish them up.

[b']DIVISION 2 EOS AWARDS[/b]

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2979976&postcount=2370

DIVISION 1 EOS AWARDS

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2979977&postcount=2371[/quote

DIVISION 3 EOS AWARDS

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2980120&postcount=2373

DIVISION 4 EOS AWARDS

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2980118&postcount=2372

EOS FORUM AWARDS

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2980157&postcount=2374

EOS OVERALL AWARDS

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2980161&postcount=2375

Thanks to everyone for voting, taking part and doing well or not so well in some cases.

Top job with all these mate!

Working on a division 4 preview for the blog.

Stay tuned.

Meanwhile at Stockport County, We lost the cup game 1-0 against Swansea City.

Up next is an away fixture against 1st place Southend United. Would be nice to get an upset and my first ever win in this setup.

Lets goo Stockport!

Chesterfield 2 Queens Park Rangers 1

Chesterfield managed to get their third win of the season, thanks to a 2-1 win over QPR. Goals to Burkina Faso midfielder Alain Traore and English midfielder Leon Britton.

I was relieved to get the result, especially after having the lion's share of possession and opportunities at goal however we were almost made to pay when Emmanulson slotted in the equaliser on 80 minutes and it looked destined that our lack of clinical finishing would cost us dearly.

However English striker Rickie Lambert found Leon Britton in a bit space and the little metronome duly finished to give us the win. Our start in Division Three has been brilliant with 10 points from a possible 15 and in third place however I know there will be tougher matches to come starting with Norwich City and then the balancing act of the domestic cups will begin.

Manchester City will be looking to get back to winning ways in the league tonight as we make the short trip to Gigg Lane to take on Bury. Certainly a tough game a win for Bury will draw them level on points with us whilst a win for us could see us go back to the top of the table if Ipswich lose.

Sakho misses the game through suspension so it's a call between Kjaer and Luke Shaw to replace to him. John Terry remains missing through injury although he is nearing a return realistic the Leeds game looks his best bet for a return.

Working on a division 4 preview for the blog.

Stay tuned.

Nice preview.

I am going to do my write up for today's game early, yes it hasn't been played yet but the outcome is pretty much a given so I might as well do it now.

Liverpool took on Jooles battle-weary Boro at Anfield tonight, with the Boro team in definite decline Liverpool manager rests Rooney and Gomez to the bench, Liverpool pass the ball about with ease and extract the urine a bit from this poor excuse for a top flight side easing to a 2-1 win, good game Jooles try harder next time.

Nice preview.

I am going to do my write up for today's game early' date=' yes it hasn't been played yet but the outcome is pretty much a given so I might as well do it now.

Liverpool took on Jooles battle-weary Boro at Anfield tonight, with the Boro team in definite decline Liverpool manager rests Rooney and Gomez to the bench, Liverpool pass the ball about with ease and extract the urine a bit from this poor excuse for a top flight side easing to a 2-1 win, good game Jooles try harder next time.[/quote']

Not a 2-1 win but we did win 2-0, I gave Jooles credit for a goal :rolleyes: Ribery and Robben got our goals.

We have beat Boro home and away for the last few seasons looks like there will be no change there this season, easy three points. :)

Ribery injured for 5 weeks , bunch of animals them Boro tacklers, Willian and Kroos come back from injury over the next week for us.

Fulham & Everton hovering around the drop-zone are the joint lowest scorers in the top flight, so much for them potent strike-forces we were hearing about at the start of the season. :)

Stephen Thompson was unable to prevent a Manchester City defeat to Bury.

Manchester City lost 4 - 3 to Bury in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Di María, Messi and Ronaldo were amongst the goalscorers.

Absolutely gobsmaked how i managed to lose this game from 3-0 up with the talent at my disposal. Wouldn't have minded if i had gone gung ho on the tactics just can't figure how i have lost from such a position.

Well need to find that winning touch again hopefully at the weekend against Blackburn Rovers.

d2

PALACE 1 NORTHAMPTON 1

The Butcher of Montevideo earned a draw with Northampton Town against Crystal Palace.

Northampton Town dominated much of the play against Crystal Palace but could only manage a 1 - 1 draw in their Division 2 fixture. Belhanda scored the only goal for Northampton Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Pretty miffed at dropping points in a match we controlled in possession terms (60%) - but you have to take your chances at this level and there are no easy games in world football these days

However, we continue to take each match as it comes and treat them all as games of two halves.

We trailed Palace early on but hit back in the second half through Belhanda, who bailed us out of trouble yet again.

Truth be told, the commentary suggested that Palace made the better chances - but we've lost our mojo away from home for some time.

Preston visit us next - they'll be up for it having crushed Burnley 7-1 in the day's highest scoring match.

Ipswich look like they might repeat their title winning season in Div 3 with back-to-back promotions and Man City contrived to throw away a 3 goal lead at Bury. It's going to be a tough division to win, one feels, with a lot of good sides around.

Hopefully, and assuming we eventually get started on a decent run, we might join them in competing near the top - but we're languishing in 14th at the moment

A bit sad to see my old club Notts County sinking fast - we once reached 2nd place in div 2 - but the squad was crap and there was no money in the kitty so I think the new manager did the only thing possible by buying young and starting again from scratch.

Aldershot Town beat Birmingham City 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Muslera had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Konoplyanka was on the scoresheet for his side.

Back to back wins to my Aldershot, really importan for ust! We jumped to 6th place! It was a tough match, but our tactic worked well as we managed to dominate possession clearly. Birmingham had more shots and some good opportunities, but Muslera showed his quality in goal and kept a clean sheet. Konoplyanka had a perfect debut for us, scoring the winner!

Dnipro.jpg

Niall Taylor steered West Ham United to victory against Coventry City.

West Ham United beat Coventry City 4 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Aquilani was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Luisão was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Well something ive never said in 189 games in charge! We are Top!:eek:

Absolutely gobsmaked how i managed to lose this game from 3-0 up with the talent at my disposal. Wouldn't have minded if i had gone gung ho on the tactics just can't figure how i have lost from such a position.

Well need to find that winning touch again hopefully at the weekend against Blackburn Rovers.

was gobsmacked myself bud, I watched it until 3-0 on the report and then hit match report.... safe to say I nearly fell of my chair when I saw I had won 4-3 :o

Agbonlahor has been quite a buy for me so far with 6 goals in 5 games.

was gobsmacked myself bud' date=' I watched it until 3-0 on the report and then hit match report.... safe to say I nearly fell of my chair when I saw I had won 4-3 :o

Agbonlahor has been quite a buy for me so far with 6 goals in 5 games.[/quote']

ahah, it's almost like winning the lottery :P the odds were really low. sweet win though, and your team played well. cheers.

was gobsmacked myself bud' date=' I watched it until 3-0 on the report and then hit match report.... safe to say I nearly fell of my chair when I saw I had won 4-3 :o

Agbonlahor has been quite a buy for me so far with 6 goals in 5 games.[/quote']

These results are pretty random sometimes. The one I hate is when the enemy scores with every shot they have whilst you only manage to convert 1 of your 53 attempts on goal.

Feel for Man City...blowing a 3-0 half-time lead at Bury (well, not really, actually).

I hope Steve025 didn't choose to watch it "live" on the match commentary option.

There's nothing quite as horrible as seeing your team blow a massive lead as it happens. I once won a match 7-6, but first saw a 6-0 lead get pegged back to 6-6 in the space of ten second half minutes

I was screaming at the computer when the equaliser went in and again when we stole it in injury time with a dubious winner.

ahah' date=' it's almost like winning the lottery :P the odds were really low. sweet win though, and your team played well. cheers.[/quote']
These results are pretty random sometimes. The one I hate is when the enemy scores with every shot they have whilst you only manage to convert 1 of your 53 attempts on goal.

Feel for Man City...blowing a 3-0 half-time lead at Bury (well' date=' not really, actually).

I hope Steve025 didn't choose to watch it "live" on the match commentary option.

There's nothing quite as horrible as seeing your team blow a massive lead as it happens. I once won a match 7-6, but first saw a 6-0 lead get pegged back to 6-6.

I was screaming at the computer when the equaliser went in and again when we stole it in injury time with a dubious winner.[/quote']

Its even more astounding when you look at the difference of quality in both sides... Bury have Garay,Honda and Remy lining up against Ronaldo,Messi,Di Maria etc etc...

I have to say it's up there as with my best comebacks.

Der Kaiser steered Southampton to victory against Oldham Athletic.

Southampton outclassed Oldham Athletic and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Slavchev had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Rodelin was on the scoresheet for his side.

A good 1-0 away win against Nikidinho's Oldham :P

The win takes us to 6th place :D

Andy DELORT has completed his move to Arsenal from Tours FC for £3,100,000

Jonson CLARKE-HARRIS has completed his move to Arsenal from Crawley Town for £700,000

Modou BARROW has completed his move to Arsenal from Östersunds FK for £2,100,000

Three players I see all getting a nice rise when it comes around, two have just joined EPL sides in the window and one a Championship side all will get game time as well had a look at how they have been doing for there last clubs, all under 22 as well so nice young players to come round next time I sell them see myself making a nice quick penny here at Arsenal / Spain lol