English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Six youngsters available for cash at Liverpool

Sascha Horvath ~Austria Vienna [sOLD]

Zan Benedicic ~AC Milan(on loan at Leeds)

Bard Finne ~Koln [sOLD]

Borja Martinez ~Atletico Madrid

Hendrik Bonnmann ~Dortmund

Jinty Canapeel -Gent

Glad to see some people are still using the match report thread kudos to you, it is horrible to see it getting left very much bare which is not a good advertisement for the best set-up on SM, hopefully we can busy it up throughout the season.

• Replies 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom Latouche

• Jooles

• sirmarkhughes

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread LATEST ARTICLE ADDED TO THE BLOG... ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 7046'S TOP 25 LEAGUE GOAL SCORERS http://www.ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/english

English Championship 7046(51429) Set Up Creator (Aaron Duffy) Game World Id : 51429 Clubs Taken 80/80 (100%) Welcome to one of the most active and competitive Set Ups on Soccer Manager.

Posted Images

Aldershot out of the English Shield in 1st round after a heavy 4-0 defeat vs Rotherham. It was not that unbalanced, but Rotherham was efficient and was the best team, so deserved to go through. Their 2nd team is impressive (87 average rating). Ours is not that great yet. Focus in now on our next league match vs Blackpool at home. A win is really needed!

Didn't play tonight - but the second round draw for the Shield pairs up Northampton and Everton, a top div 1 club.

Really pleased to be facing a big team at last - we urgently need the gate receipts and their squad is not significantly better than ours - though their first 11 is considerably better than we can muster.

The league takes priority - but it's good to test ourselves against a club managed by Sean O'Neill - a highly experienced manager in 7046.

I reckon my 87s in my backup roster can give him a game if he rests his top stars - but we'll probably get tonked.

Chesterfield crashed out of the English Shield with a 2-0 win over Birmingham City. Well played Veigas. The simple fact is that our finishing was poor and we paid for it with our first round exit.

On loan star Andre Gomes got both the goals however our lack of cutting edge and superb keeping performance by Beto kept the Spireites out. We need to get rid of our lack of clinical finishing, especially with the team going to Notts County in midweek.

Stephen Thompson was unable to prevent a Manchester City defeat to Gillingham.

Manchester City slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Gillingham in their English Shield Round 1 fixture.

Despite a raft of changes and having to play players out of position i do feel a little hard done by especially on our first half performance but Gillingham took their chances and we didn't.

Back to the league which is our bread a butter and with our form flagging i need to get us back on track

Norwich City

After a promising start to the new Div3 campaign The Canaries slip from 1st to 13th in the space of 3 matches - yikes !!!

Plenty of truth in the old adage that you can't stand still if you want to avoid going backwards, something like that anyway.

Delia has requested an urgent meeting to discuss the manager's lack of summer transfer activity. Expect some personnel changes soonest...

OyA0Tsn.png

b93986d9-cd94-4150-bf56-3aea074538b1_zps1247d36f.png

SEASON 11 TEAM OF THE DAY

Did any of your players make it into match 6 TOTD ?

hover over TOTD tab then click "match 6" to view

can be viewed here

http://ec7046blog.wordpress.com/match-6/

If you hover over TOTD tab you will see dropdown menu showing matches added, so far you will see matches 1 - 6 dropdowns.

Respuesta: Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Despite a raft of changes and having to play players out of position i do feel a little hard done by especially on our first half performance but Gillingham took their chances and we didn't.

Back to the league which is our bread a butter and with our form flagging i need to get us back on track

Good game. I panicked a little when entered Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Muller haha. Luckily they did not have time to show his class.

I did not use my headlines, and I also had some players out of position, but still had a lot of confidence that we would win.

A bit of transfer news at Chesterfield

Benjamin LECOMTE has completed his move to Chesterfield from FC Lorient for 3,170,000

While not a splash signing or even a signing that would impact the first XI, the young Lecomte has been doing well at Lorient FC beating out more experienced keepers in the side. Although it's early days and I have lost 500k (valued at 2.6 million chairman value) as a result of signing him, we are hoping he will continue to play and impress, hopefully rising to a decent amount.

We are struggling to make an impact in the Champions League this season, we drew 2-2 with Leverkusen meaning that we have drew 2, won 1 and lost 1, things are still in our hands but we have to win our next game.

Big game for us tonight in the league, it is derby day, not sure what formation I am going to side with, these games always make me question my formation and tactics pre-game, we go into the game missing Castan and Ribery but Zuniga and Willian will come in as cover, I am guessing Shack will play that 4-3-3 as he managed a win with it against Huddersfield, I don't mind playing against that formation as we have won twice against it this season (against Fulham & Man United).Our 100% home record goes on the line for this game, I hope it comes out intact at the end of it.

We are struggling to make an impact in the Champions League this season' date=' we drew 2-2 with Leverkusen meaning that we have drew 2, won 1 and lost 1, things are still in our hands but we have to win our next game.

Big game for us tonight in the league, it is derby day, not sure what formation I am going to side with, these games always make me question my formation and tactics pre-game, we go into the game missing Castan and Ribery but Zuniga and Willian will come in as cover, I am guessing Shack will play that 4-3-3 as he managed a win with it against Huddersfield, I don't mind playing against that formation as we have won twice against it this season (against Fulham & Man United).Our 100% home record goes on the line for this game, I hope it comes out intact at the end of it.[/quote']

In totally unrelated news, Everton have announced a stunning new formation that will be unvailed for tonight's game :P

Good luck tonight mate! Always a good challenge facing your lot, especially away from home

In totally unrelated news' date=' Everton have announced a stunning new formation that will be unvailed for tonight's game :P

Good luck tonight mate! Always a good challenge facing your lot, especially away from home[/quote']

Big game for us tonight in the league' date=' it is derby day, not sure what formation I am going to side with, these games always make me question my formation and tactics pre-game, we go into the game missing Castan and Ribery but Zuniga and Willian will come in as cover, I am guessing Shack will play that 4-3-3 as he managed a win with it against Huddersfield, I don't mind playing against that formation as we have won twice against it this season (against Fulham & Man United).Our 100% home record goes on the line for this game, I hope it comes out intact at the end of it.[/quote']

ahah, classic mind games. Everton will play usual tactic and Liverpool will use his usual counter! And now i'm part of the mind game too B)

In more important news to the world, Aldershot Town will play a classic 4-4-2 tonight and will win 4-1!

An absolute cracker of a derby match tonight' date=' we lost 5-3 which is not good news but hats off to the lads that were on the park drumming up this 8 goal thriller.

Well done Shack, deserved win.[/quote']

Cheers dan, Hell of a game there! I decided to watch it on the score centre for once and when you pegged it back to 3-2 after I was 3-0 up I thought 'he's going to bloody have me here' so I'm delighted to pick up the win.

Nice to see Lewa keeping up his goal scoring exploits and getting us a couple of wins on the bounce, all without Rambo and Sanchez in the side to boot :)

How's life treating you dom? :P

Aldershot Town slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Blackpool in their Division 3 fixture.

Rodrigo scored the only goal for Aldershot Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Pathetic defeat... I'm sick :mad: I was obviously expecting to win this one in order to revival our season's hopes... We had 53% ball possession (i was expecting a little bit more) and we had 28 shots, so we were supposed to score more than once... Our defence failed too. Really frustrated with this... It really looks like we were destined to loose after my previous post. :o No more bold predictions ;) Great win Steve Alban!

We will try to recover from this blow for our next match. No pressure team. We're newbies in Div3. Let's just try to enjoy this B)

Cheers dan' date=' Hell of a game there! I decided to watch it on the score centre for once and when you pegged it back to 3-2 after I was 3-0 up I thought 'he's going to bloody have me here' so I'm delighted to pick up the win.

Nice to see Lewa keeping up his goal scoring exploits and getting us a couple of wins on the bounce, all without Rambo and Sanchez in the side to boot :)

How's life treating you dom? :P[/quote']

I made a balls up really, I switched formations at HT when losing but forgot to switch off the 60 min substitutions so it went back to the formation from the first half, great win for you though and as I said deserved.

The defeat hasn't harmed us as much as I would have though as Spurs and Man U drew and Chelsea and West Brom lost, the league is pretty tight.

The relegation spots look interesting :eek::)

D4: Leicester City 1-0 Stockport County

Expected loss. Haven't won a game in this setup (18 games) but I'm not mad.

Just looking forward to the weekend where I play a NMF Bristol Rovers who haven't logged in for 10 days. Even with my bad tactics, this is it surely .. gotta be my first win coming. B)

D2

BRISTOL CITY 2 NORTHAMPTON 1

Our abject away form continues - just one point from 12 gained on our travels.

A mystery to me, really, as we came in on the back of a 4 match unbeaten run - were slightly more rested than our opponents and put in a stronger level of commitment in our tactics.

In spite of this - we were deservedly beaten - going down to a 69th minute goal after centre back Abdennour had equalised an early strike from the the Robins to send us in level at half time.

The winning goal came shortly after we were reduced to 10 men with Lovren's dismissal. He'll be missed.

We still find goals hard to come by - and now I've cured our home frailties it seems that some fresh thinking also needed for when we travel away.

A long way to go - but a worrying gap already opening up between us and the last of the playoff slots

Hello everyone

I said I wouldnt post here but we havent been doing to well because im consistently forgetting to change the team (lost my marbles lately lol) and not logging in enough. Ive taken the decision I need some help for the short term so I have a lower league manager in 7046 who will combine his role and help me manage my Fulham till I regain full control. He will be managing 100% tactics and any transfer enquirys will be ignored completely unless I log on. But no players will leave on loan or transfered. So please I dont want any enquirys for the timebeing I will be around but may not reply to messages thankyou :)

And thankyou to the manager who will be taking control of my Fulham for the time being , Its highly apprecated mate. :) I will be on today to answer any questions anyone might have as its highly unorthadox :)